PDA

View Full Version : Chagers VS Packers

boLT fan
08-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I know it's preseason, but did anyone watch it on the No Huddle on NFL Network? Philip was nearly perfeect on that drive and Jackson was flying.

I got chills watching Philip pass to Jackson, get used to seeing that combo. :busted:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Where's Kimo when you need him?

boLT fan
08-12-2006, 10:44 PM

:hmmph:

MattsMe
08-12-2006, 11:20 PM

:sofunny: Rivers did look pretty good though.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-12-2006, 11:30 PM
:sofunny: Rivers did look pretty good though.

And I understand Farve spent most of his time on his back

tony hipchest
08-13-2006, 12:31 AM
seems like rivers has had a hell of a game. interresting that noah herron is still getting carries for the packers.

Sharkissle29
08-13-2006, 01:40 AM
i dont get what the chargers are doing putting the team on rivers' back when he has proven nothing. maybe he'll prove me wrong but i think hes to inexperienced to play consistantly. i think the chargers have a down year and arnt contenders in that tough conference of theirs.

just my quarter divided by 12 and a half

boLT fan
08-13-2006, 12:58 PM
What are you talking about putting the team on Rivers' back? This is still LT's team and he wins it for us. If you're asking why he's passing so much this game, it's because this game was about getting Philip as much playing time as possible.

And for anyone who didn't see it, here's the TD pass from Rivers to Jackson :bouncy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnrf0PJwn00

This is the first time they did the play, but VJack didn't his foot down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYigt2Zkms&mode=related&search=

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2006, 01:39 PM
What are you talking about putting the team on Rivers' back? This is still LT's team and he wins it for us. If you're asking why he's passing so much this game, it's because this game was about getting Philip as much playing time as possible.

And for anyone who didn't see it, here's the TD pass from Rivers to Jackson :bouncy:

I thought Rivers was alittle overrated. Don't get me wrong I think he will be a good NFL QB. I just didn't think he should have been taken with the 4th overall pick in the 2004 draft. But thats the past and I want to talk about the present. I think Rivers is going to have a good year. He isn't a rookie even though he hasn't proven anything yet. But he has had two full years to learn the Chargers offense. Plus he has some very good players around him. So he won't have to carry the load. I still see some growing pains for Rivers. But not to the extent of a usual rookie.

BlackNGold203
08-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Rivers looked good..against a vanilla Packers defense where he had to make zero reads or decisions...

time will tell...I really hope the kid does well...but its WAY early...:cool: :cool:

SteelShooter
08-13-2006, 02:44 PM
i dont get what the chargers are doing putting the team on rivers' back when he has proven nothing. maybe he'll prove me wrong but i think hes to inexperienced to play consistantly. i think the chargers have a down year and arnt contenders in that tough conference of theirs.

just my quarter divided by 12 and a half

I'm not so sure about that. Look at Ben when he started out. No one gave him a lot of credit...but the talent surrounding him carried him through the difficult times.

P. Rivers has an incredible amount of talent on "O": Gates, LT, etc...and on "D" with Merriman and crew. I really look for them to be a contender in their division.

We'll see soon enough in the regular season, plus the Steelers travel to Qualcomm soon too. I'm going to reserve my opinion until the season gets going...................

boLT fan
08-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Rivers looked good..against a vanilla Packers defense where he had to make zero reads or decisions...

time will tell...I really hope the kid does well...but its WAY early...:cool: :cool:

Ya, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he is the next Roethlisburger i'm just saying he looked impressive today. He knew exactly where the ball went and had a quick release. After he wins a few games, then i'll proclaim him god.

BlackNGold203
08-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Ya, don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he is the next Roethlisburger i'm just saying he looked impressive today. He knew exactly where the ball went and had a quick release. After he wins a few games, then i'll proclaim him god.

LOL...you mean Demi-God??

Ben = God

:cool: :cool: :cool:

boLT fan
08-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I think Rivers could possibly have a similar first year to Roethlisburger. He's got a soft schedule a lot of talent around him. And he's Philip freakin' Rivers. :busted:

Sharkissle29
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Teams will stack the box and make rivers beat them. If you remember correctly we had no choice but to put Roethlisberger in when maddox got injured. All im sayin is Rivers hasnt proven anything to me or the NFL yet, and i think it was a bad decision by san diego to get rid of Brees. So technically, the team will be on his back...he will be forced to make plays or the chargers have no shot. LT cant do it all, almost godlike, but not quite.

SteelCzar76
08-13-2006, 08:04 PM
This may sound like Heresy to most of my Steeler siblings now,.....but many people,...myself included,..... felt that Rivers was the best Qb of his class in 2004. Even coach Cowher (an NC State alumni ) was set to take him at eleven.
Ben was the most physicaly gifted of the big three (Rivers, Eli and Ben),....but neither of them could match his (Rivers) productivity.
The Chargers got franchise stud, make no mistake about it ,..but Ben's worked out just fine (to say the least),... so i'm good. (LOL)
I hope Rivers does big things in the League,....just not when they play us though.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Livinginthe past
08-14-2006, 02:18 AM
I think that LT can do it all - he been doing it all for years.

He has one good QB, to my knowledge, and that was Brees last year - other than that I bet he has faced 8 in the box on a majority of the 1st and 2nds he has carried the ball.

And still, he piles on the yards - carrying and catching.

Rivers is coming into one of the healthiest situations I can remember in recent times - certainly alot healtheir than Ben - Ben has the dominating D, but he didnt have a great deal of help in terms of skills positions (WR + TE) to boost his own personal numbers.

I honestly think that san Diego is going to be a team to watch this year - they are loaded with talent, young talent, on both sides of the ball - what they need is consistency and the balls to eek out wins when they aren't on their game collectively.

That comes down to coaching, which could be their weakspot.

NM

boLT fan
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM

Someone needs to take away his headset when we get to the playoffs. If he lets Cameron and Philips do their jobs as OC and DC, we'll be fine.

I just hope if we make deep into the playoffs Rivers doesn't get the rookie syndrom and get tired out.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-14-2006, 11:47 PM
I think that LT can do it all - he been doing it all for years.

He has one good QB, to my knowledge, and that was Brees last year - other than that I bet he has faced 8 in the box on a majority of the 1st and 2nds he has carried the ball.

And still, he piles on the yards - carrying and catching.

Rivers is coming into one of the healthiest situations I can remember in recent times - certainly alot healtheir than Ben - Ben has the dominating D, but he didnt have a great deal of help in terms of skills positions (WR + TE) to boost his own personal numbers.

I honestly think that san Diego is going to be a team to watch this year - they are loaded with talent, young talent, on both sides of the ball - what they need is consistency and the balls to eek out wins when they aren't on their game collectively.

NM

And the mileage is adding up.