PDA

View Full Version : Was this a great thing to see?

BlackNGold203
08-12-2006, 09:30 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/notgoodplayer/6dfd2b11%2D620b%2D4d6d%2Db2d1%2D9de185292b89.jpg

Our main man back in action!!!!!

bratsinmybelly
08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Amen Brother! It's a good thing I didn't blink though or I might have missed it!

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
killer picture!

bratsinmybelly
08-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Were you nervous when you saw him get sacked that first time? It's going to take a little while for me to accept the fact that he will be able to take a serious hit and not be affected.

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Were you nervous when you saw him get sacked that first time? It's going to take a little while for me to accept the fact that he will be able to take a serious hit and not be affected.kerry collins took a serious hit from bill romanowski that broke his jaw. that was without a motorcycle accident

brett farve took a serious hit from greg lloyd that broke his jaw, also without the bike accident.

weve seen ben take numerous serious hits in his short career. anything that happens from this point on will happen regardless of his accident. it is history.

floodcitygirl
08-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I took a deep breathe when I saw him go down that time. I was greatly relieved to see him get up so fast. :smile:

bratsinmybelly
08-12-2006, 09:48 PM
kerry collins took a serious hit from bill romanowski that broke his jaw. that was without a motorcycle accident

brett farve took a serious hit from greg lloyd that broke his jaw, also without the bike accident.

weve seen ben take numerous serious hits in his short career. anything that happens from this point on will happen regardless of his accident. it is history.

Imagine what those hits might have done to favre or collins if they had been fresh off of having thier face put back together. It's a little early to say it's history. I agree that he's got to get past it mentally, and will. I just hope that there is no problem on the physical side.

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Imagine what those hits might have done to favre or collins if they had been fresh off of having thier face put back together. It's a little early to say it's history. I agree that he's got to get past it mentally, and will. I just hope that there is no problem on the physical side.well, anyone in the medical field will tell you that bones heal at a specific rate and once theyre healed they are healed. infact the point that was broken becomes stronger than before it was broke.

ben is physically healed from the accident otherwise the dr's or team wouldnt clear him to play. he will not carry around the proverbial "glass jaw" for the rest of his career.

SteelCityMan786
08-12-2006, 10:00 PM
No Doubt about it. It was great to see ben throwing some passes.

bratsinmybelly
08-12-2006, 10:11 PM
well, anyone in the medical field will tell you that bones heal at a specific rate and once theyre healed they are healed. infact the point that was broken becomes stronger than before it was broke.

ben is physically healed from the accident otherwise the dr's or team wouldnt clear him to play. he will not carry around the proverbial "glass jaw" for the rest of his career.

And anyone who's ever broken a bone can tell you you're usually in a cast for about 8 weeks which is roughly how long it's been. And when you get out of that cast it takes a little while for things to get back to normal. I know that he wasn't in a cast, but there is a reason that Cowher is being protective and it isn't because his bones are stronger than they were before. I'm not talking about a "glass jaw" for the rest of his career, I'm talking about a period of time before he can sustain a major, major, hit. that's all. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just said that it made me a little nervous to see him take that first sack. I'm ready for that feeling to go away. I'm sure it will in a few weeks. Regardless, it sure was awesome to see him out there today which was the whole point of this thread in the first place!!! Maybe we can at least agree on that!:boxing:

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
And anyone who's ever broken a bone can tell you you're usually in a cast for about 8 weeks which is roughly how long it's been. And when you get out of that cast it takes a little while for things to get back to normal. I know that he wasn't in a cast, but there is a reason that Cowher is being protective and it isn't because his bones are stronger than they were before. I'm not talking about a "glass jaw" for the rest of his career, I'm talking about a period of time before he can sustain a major, major, hit. that's all. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just said that it made me a little nervous to see him take that first sack. I'm ready for that feeling to go away. I'm sure it will in a few weeks. Regardless, it sure was awesome to see him out there today which was the whole point of this thread in the first place!!! Maybe we can at least agree on that!:boxing:dont sweat it. i know youre not trying to pick a fight.

ben is a proven quick healer. what would take most people in a cast 6-8 weeks takes him about 4-6. the steelers arent gonna mess around with the "franchise". hes good to go. any injury he may sustain to his face at this point wouldve happened regardless of his accident.

ben is good. he survived his 1st pre season game and now he has an additional week to heal before his next pre season game.

nicesteel4life
08-12-2006, 10:32 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/notgoodplayer/6dfd2b11%2D620b%2D4d6d%2Db2d1%2D9de185292b89.jpg

YOU WANT ME TO SHIT RIGHT HERE ON THERE FIELD?

Sorry just looked like a picture that needed a caption

Haiku_Dirtt
08-12-2006, 11:40 PM
well, anyone in the medical field will tell you that bones heal at a specific rate and once theyre healed they are healed. infact the point that was broken becomes stronger than before it was broke.

Exactly. And the effects from concussions are cumulative. This is not the Troy Aikman situation.

Pittsburgh has A++ outstanding medical people. And they were ushered into Ben's operating room Code Red.

I think he looks a little leaner.

SteelerFanInCA
08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Great picture. Glad he's back and was able to get involved with some contact. The eyes say it all.