PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Game = Judgement Day

The_Joker
12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
This is it boys, this upcoming game will prettymuch determine whether or not this years team can or can't make a Super Bowl run. If they go out and bomb this game, then it'll be no differant than the '06/'09 iterations of this team. However, if they go out and show poise, than we could a see a '05/'10 version of this team going into January.

This game really is important.

Fire Arians
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM
it's not a 'must win' situation yet, but i agree. even if they don't win they'll have to show us something, anything, to prove that they have a shot at the title. if not, it's 1 and done.

maybe tomlin should make the team watch the replay of us getting tebowed last year in the playoffs, if that doesn't make them sick to their stomachs then i don't know what else will

Fire Haley
12-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Cincy is the judgement day game, not this one. But it's still pretty big, just to see if Ben is really back.

We can still lose to the Cowboys and beat Cincy and Cleveland to get in.

The_Joker
12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
it's not a 'must win' situation yet, but i agree. even if they don't win they'll have to show us something, anything, to prove that they have a shot at the title. if not, it's 1 and done.

maybe tomlin should make the team watch the replay of us getting tebowed last year in the playoffs, if that doesn't make them sick to their stomachs then i don't know what else will

It is a "must go out and make it a fucking game" situation. And if we tank this game like we did the Chargers game, we're done.

I agree, if that Tebowing doesn't make them ashamed, then they should be shown the door *cough cough* Bendthenfall.

Fire Arians
12-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Cincy is the judgement day game, not this one. But it's still pretty big, just to see if Ben is really back.

agree, if they lose this game it will make the the final 2 must-wins. if they win the next 2 though, they can sit starters vs cleveland (especially ben who always seems to have his worst injuries vs the browns)

The_Joker

But can we do that if we get blown out by the Cowboys? Don't think so.

maddog78
This is it boys, this upcoming game will prettymuch determine whether or not this years team can or can't make a Super Bowl run. If they go out and bomb this game, then it'll be no differant than the '06/'09 iterations of this team. However, if they go out and show poise, than we could a see a '05/'10 version of this team going into January.

This game really is important.

Go back and look at all of our SB seasons - the defense was disruptive, sacking the QB and forcing TO's.

For the second straight year, we're on pace to average less than one TO per game and roughly 2 sacks per game.

That ain't going to cut it. Unless these guys really turn it up a notch, I don't see a big run out of this team. Even if you hold the other team from scoring, which they've done well, the offense can't get going if it's on 80+ yard fields the entire day.

maddog78
12-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Why show that when you have Oak, Tenn, KC, Cleveland, and SD to show them?

Rotorhead
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
What do you mean "to see if Ben is really back"? He was the only reason we did anything against the chargers at all, scrambling behind our joke of an Oline watching our rcvrs drop TD passes all game long. He played fine except for the first few throws, which is typical when he starts wearing the gloves.

The_Joker
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Go back and look at all of our SB seasons - the defense was disruptive, sacking the QB and forcing TO's.

For the second straight year, we're on pace to average less than one TO per game and roughly 2 sacks per game.

That ain't going to cut it. Unless these guys really turn it up a notch, I don't see a big run out of this team. Even if you hold the other team from scoring, which they've done well, the offense can't get going if it's on 80+ yard fields the entire day.

Let's make it simple here. If this team doesn't turn the jets on SOON, we're done.

maddog78
12-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Let's make it simple here. If this team doesn't turn the jets on SOON, we're done.

Maybe they're just out of fuel.

Fire Arians
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
one thing to be optimistic about, is that the team proved they CAN beat the good teams. IF we go hot into the playoffs I like our chances against anybody.

with that said, I'm not banking on anything, but there's still reasons to stay hopeful

maddog78
12-12-2012, 12:09 PM
one thing to be optimistic about, is that the team proved they CAN beat the good teams. IF we go hot into the playoffs I like our chances against anybody.

with that said, I'm not banking on anything, but there's still reasons to stay hopeful

I'm not so sure the Giants and Ravens are the cream of the crop. This team in Foxboro would get boat raced. Don't particularly want to see them in Denver without Clark and whoever else is hurt that week.

Fire Arians
12-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm not so sure the Giants and Ravens are the cream of the crop. This team in Foxboro would get boat raced. Don't particularly want to see them in Denver without Clark and whoever else is hurt that week.

Call me crazy but I think we can take the pats if we can get ike taylor back and healthy (and avoid any more injuries in the secondary). They can't do to us what they did to the texans, their secondary is horrible

not that i'd be betting money on a win, but i think they'd at least play em tough

Fire Haley
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
But can we do that if we get blown out by the Cowboys?

yes - next question

steelfury02
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
they need to win, regardless of the next two. they need something to build off of. You need to get a win streak started and N_O_W. They need the confidence of going on the road and winning.

And yea, the afterburners need to be turned on, Top Gun Maverick style. Put this thing into the Danger Zone, bitches.
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/0a0/0cb/38b/resized/top-gun-meme-generator-you-know-what-your-problem-is-maverick-you-re-dangerous-34d7e2.jpg?1316734453.jpg

NyGiantz
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I fully, and I do mean fully, expect a 10-14 point win for you guys this Sunday.

JeromeBetties63
12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I fully, and I do mean fully, expect a 10-14 point win for you guys this Sunday.

We will do our best! :thumbsup:

nikstar
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Let's make it simple here. If this team doesn't turn the jets on soon, we're going to lose our playoff spot to the Jets.

NyGiantz
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
We will do our best! :thumbsup:

Not worried JB. After a bad game against Chargers the Steelers will come out angry and pissed off. Dallas is, as they always are year after year, a very overrated team. 31-17, book it.

maddog78
12-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Let's make it simple here. If this team doesn't turn the jets on soon, we're going to lose our playoff spot to the Jets.

Let's make it simple. The Steelers are turning into the Jets. Arrests, suspensions, lack of focus, lack of effort, and basic stumblebum football.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Call me crazy but I think we can take the pats if we can get ike taylor back and healthy (and avoid any more injuries in the secondary). They can't do to us what they did to the texans, their secondary is horrible

not that i'd be betting money on a win, but i think they'd at least play em tough

Dude, Phillip Givers just torched our secondary Joe Montana style.....Tom Brady would have a coming-out party against our secondary at this time.

Fire Arians
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Dude, Phillip Givers just torched our secondary Joe Montana style.....Tom Brady would have a coming-out party against our secondary at this time.

don't think that would happen if ike was there

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
don't think that would happen if ike was there

I hope not, but Brady has torched our defense plenty of times, with Ike Taylor AND a healthy Polamalu over top..

Rotorhead
12-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Riddle, why dont you go root for whatever the team of the week is, i dont think i have ever read one positive post about the steelers from you and several others, why do you even call yourselves fans if all you can see is suck in everything. Sorry your life sucks and everyhing you see is jaded, but as a fan of a team there is always something to be optimistic about, hell we still have a good chance to get in the playoffs, but all you guys say to that is "so 1 and done"

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Riddle, why dont you go root for whatever the team of the week is, i dont think i have ever read one positive post about the steelers from you and several others, why do you even call yourselves fans if all you can see is suck in everything.

Rotor, why don't you post what you want to post, and I will post what I want to post, mkay?

I have posted plenty of positive things about the Steelers, prior to your spontaneous arrival here.

Fact of the matter is-- they have lost to 4 of the worst teams in the NFL this year and have a rotating roster of mostly injured players right now when they should be hitting their stride and gearing up for the playoffs. I prefer to be realistic.

You can choose to live with your head stuck up in the clouds (among other places), but some of us are more practical.

Sorry your life sucks and everyhing you see is jaded, but as a fan of a team there is always something to be optimistic about, hell we still have a good chance to get in the playoffs, but all you guys say to that is "so 1 and done"

Actually, kiddo, my life is pretty awesome. Not sure what bearing that has on being able to objectively analyze my favorite football team.

While I might be inclined to agree with a "1 and done" asessment of the team currently, I challenge you to find a single post of mine this season using the words "1 and done".

We have a good chance to get into the playoffs, but what makes you think it would end any better this year than the Tebow debacle last year?

Last year, we had all of our starting CBs and got torched historically by the worst QB to ever playt he game. This year, we are about to go into the post season with 3 of 4 CBs brought up from the practice squad, a busted Oline, no run game to speak of, and a questionable run defense. We lost to the 4 worst teams in the NFL this year.

You can wear the rosey glasses, I prefer walk around with my eyes open. Again, sorry if you are butthurt about that, but......tough.

steelbad@50
12-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Let's make it simple. The Steelers are turning into the Jets. Arrests, suspensions, lack of focus, lack of effort, and basic stumblebum football.

Not quite yet, but we are knocking at the door.

JeromeBetties63
12-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Not worried JB. After a bad game against Chargers the Steelers will come out angry and pissed off. Dallas is, as they always are year after year, a very overrated team. 31-17, book it.

Ya, maybe we can pick tonyboy a couple times. :hatsoff::tt02:

steelfury02
12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Ya, maybe we can pick tonyboy a couple times. :hatsoff::tt02:

that would be awesome - I'd love that or to see Harrison and Woodl, oh shit . . .that's right.

torpedoshell31
12-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm concerned about our banged up secondary going into this game, not only are we missing Ike, but Lewis and Brown are also on the injury report. We might have to literally sign guys off the street just to field a secondary.
One thing that we do have in our favor is that the Cowboys have found astounding ways to lose games this year.

SteelersCanada
12-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Curtis Brown needs to be released, like, tomorrow if at all possible. I'm much more excited as to see what Victorian and Van Dyke can do. Brown just hasn't improved since he's been on this team and often times, it looks like he's regressed rather than making any progress.