PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired: Steelers vs Cowboys

SteelerEmpire
12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
It's on !

------------------

Big Ben: Steelers are "The World's Team"

LINK: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/9121-shots-fired-steelers-the-worlds-team/

Official Cowboys vs 'Squealers' thread

LINK: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/8939-official-cowboys-vs-squealers-thread/

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Did Ben really say that? Or am I missing an inside joke?

Fire Arians
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
prolly bringing up old shit, either way i don't care what cryboys fans say on their board. i never thought it was worth my time to visit another team's forum anyway

steelfury02
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
1 playoff win in 16 years. They can have this fantastic title that means absolutely nothing

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
1 playoff win in 16 years. They can have this fantastic title that means absolutely nothing

EXACTLY.

Being called "America's Team" may work for Jerr-eh Jones and his merchandise sales, but it sure hasn't helped them on the field at all.

SteelerEmpire
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Did Ben really say that? Or am I missing an inside joke?

Yep. On this video today.... at about the 4:40 mark...

LINK: http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Ben-Roethlisberger-Interview---1212/0c5a5dd7-d387-41cf-8ee9-2ff5d2c61c6c

Fire Haley
12-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Steelers are "The World's Team"

Buffalo responds by saying they are Canada's team.

StainlessStill
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey Dallas Cryboys, if you're reading:

WE OWN YOU. Goodbye.

defence
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Steelers are "The World's Team"

Buffalo responds by saying they are Canada's team.

Oh my god!! That's an insult to all us Canadians. I'd rather keep the CFL than have the Bills lol!!:hatsoff:

The_Joker
12-12-2012, 07:18 PM
prolly bringing up old shit, either way i don't care what cryboys fans say on their board. i never thought it was worth my time to visit another team's forum anyway

I'm on the Redskins board, because they're the local guys and well you can't really hate the 'Skins.

I also was on the Ravens board on game weeks, but they kicked me out after the 2nd one because they got butthurt.

steelfury02
12-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Cause I can:
http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/quantum-leap.jpg

Lady Steel
12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
They'll always be the Cocaine Cowboys to me.

VictoryFormation
12-13-2012, 02:59 AM
The Cowboys started touting themselves as America's team after they beat Denver in Super Bowl 12. They thought they were the sh!t. The Steelers put them in their place in Super Bowl 13. It was very enjoyable... Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! I'm still enjoying it today!

Fire Haley
12-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Romo Downplays Big Ben’s “World Team” Comments

Those fishing for a little extra controversy for this Sunday’s matchup between the Cowboys and Steelers were given some bait when Ben Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Cowboys may be “America’s Team,” but that the Steelers could be “The World’s Team.”

While this may be good fodder for Cowboy and Steeler fans (who have never been overly fond of each other over the years), Tony Romo brushed off the comment as a simple joke. Romo laughed when he was asked about the quote.

“I don’t view it in any capacity,” Romo told the Pittsburgh media in a conference call Wednesday. “I think Ben knows how to have fun with you guys.”

Romo went on to talk about the similarities of the two franchises.

“He’s played for a franchise that’s had great success over the years for a long time now,” Romo said. “We’ve obviously had a lot of success over the last 50 years as well. I think you’re looking at a couple very, very strong franchises that have been around for a long time. I think it’s great to play for an organization like this. I think that’s what (Roethlisberger’s) telling you.”

The Steelers and Cowboys have appeared in more Super Bowl games than any two franchises in the NFL and have been two of the most popular teams in sports since the 1970’s. The Steelers at six Super Bowl victories, have one more than the Cowboys. Roethlisberger was the quarterback for two of those Super Bowls.

The two Super Bowl victories are what separate Roethlisberger and Romo in the minds of many people.

Roethlisberger has played nearly two more full seasons than Romo and has just under 5,000 yards more than him for his career. But their career completion percentage and quarterback rating are actually very similar with Romo actually being slightly higher in both categories. Roethlisberger’s career completion percentage is 63.3 compared to Romo’s 64.8. Roethlisberger’s quarterback rating is 92.7 while Romo’s is 95.5.

But on the other hand, Roethlisberger has 10 career playoff wins under his belt and Romo only has one.The Cowboys have struggled to establish a home-field advantage at Cowboys’ Stadium this season and Steelers fans have been known to be well represented at road games.

Romo and the Cowboys will have to get off to a quick start to ensure that the crowd of America’s Team remains louder than the crowd of “The World’s Team.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-JonathanAuping/Romo-Downplays-Big-Ben%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9CWorld-Team%E2%80%9D-Comments-/8b713ef2-925a-47f5-a7bf-57f41661969d

4xSBChamps
12-13-2012, 07:22 AM
The Cowboys started touting themselves as America's team after they beat Denver in Super Bowl 12. They thought they were the sh!t. The Steelers put them in their place in Super Bowl 13. It was very enjoyable... Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! I'm still enjoying it today!

as I recall, the Crygirls began the 'America's Team' lingo prior-to, or during, the bi-centennial year of 1976 (following the loss to Pittsburgh in SB 10), when they switched one stripe ontheir helmets to Red for that entire year

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/RogerStaubachwithRedstripe1976_zps99fb4d34.jpg

either-way, the players of both teams from that era know who was the ass-kicker, and who's asses got kicked

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/SISBX_zpsd1e3a495.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/SISBXIII_zps6a272d8b.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/SISBXIII5_zps7c80ecfa.jpg

Darkstorm05
12-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Romo went on to talk about the similarities of the two franchises.

“He’s played for a franchise that’s had great success over the years for a long time now,” Romo said. “We’ve obviously had a lot of success over the last 50 years as well. I think you’re looking at a couple very, very strong franchises that have been around for a long time. I think it’s great to play for an organization like this. I think that’s what (Roethlisberger’s) telling you.”

The difference between the two is that Ben has contributed to the franchise, and elevated the teams status and credentials in the league. Romo is a liability to his team. For all the hype around this guy, he's never done a thing. He couldn't even manage to hold a ball for his kicker without screwing it up and costing them the game.

teegre
12-13-2012, 08:04 AM
NFL Films originally approached the Steelers, asking the Steelers if they'd like to be called "America's Team."

Art Rooney responded, "Heck no... we're Pittsburgh's team."

The Cowboys, needing attention, gladly accepted the offer.

steelfury02
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
The difference between the two is that Ben has contributed to the franchise, and elevated the teams status and credentials in the league. Romo is a liability to his team. For all the hype around this guy, he's never done a thing. He couldn't even manage to hold a ball for his kicker without screwing it up and costing them the game.

I really can't stand any of the hype around Romo because he hasn't done shit in terms of huge wins - 1 playoff victory to show for his career there.

That said, a lot might agree with me that Romo was put into a "Carson Palmer scenario" - meaning, crappy ass ownership and supporting cast that you could never count on with piss poor attitude (or was getting arrested left and right). There is a rotating door at HC and no real time to gain any sort of chemistry. Him and the TE are close - but that's about all he's had. I think if you put Romo in a better org he might have a few more notches on his belt. I'm not saying I'm a huge fan - but, think about it - Romo on the Ravens the past 5 seasons instead of Flacco?

JeromeBetties63
12-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I love it. But now Rex Ryan will be saying, "We're the Galaxy's Team," and Harbaby will be whining, "How did the Steelers get that title? It's an NFL conspiracy, Roger, Rooooooooger?"

JeromeBetties63
12-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Ben's demeanor in that interview was like, "Do you guys even know the can of whoop-ass we are about to open up?" :tt04::tt::tt03::tt02::thumbsup:

steelfury02
12-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I hope we can whoops some ass - that'd be nice for a change

If we're the World's team - the Ravens are Compton's team. THUG LIIIIIIFE.