PDA

View Full Version : Steelers out of playoffs

BlaZeQuietly
12-13-2012, 11:24 PM
When cincinatti wins this game they will be 8-6 which effectively puts them 1/2 game ahead of the steelers. and until the steelers beat the cowboys (if they even do) the bengles will have that wild card spot and the steelers will be OUT of the playoffs. How do all you positive Pattys like that?

pittpete
12-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Would that make you happy?

teegre
12-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Uh...

1. The Steelers can re-take the lead on Sunday.

2. They play the Bengals in two weeks.

3. What???

SteelCity4Life
12-13-2012, 11:33 PM
You do realize The Steelers are currently 1-0 this season against Cincy, right?

Which, ATM, gives Pittsburgh the advantage. Why would you count on the EAGLES, of all teams, to beat these guys? They have GreenEllis and AJ Green. They have who they need to be competitive.

Not to jinx it, but Pittsburgh has a prime history of defeating Dallas. Both teams look like crap right now, But I'd take Ben over Tony "turnover" Romo, ANYDAY. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Arians
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24456955.jpg

MACH1
12-13-2012, 11:39 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKM4mie-JBl4jTaylTe3X2llapErr_MThxLVnqAxAn1VDdp0hdMQ

austinfrench76
12-13-2012, 11:39 PM
What the hell is this thread about again????

teegre
12-13-2012, 11:42 PM

Peeing on slow children... :noidea:

BlaZeQuietly
I'm just saying

Baltimore 9-4
Cincinatti 8-6
pittsburgh 7-6
browns 5-8

and

1.houston
2. new england
3. denver
4 baltimore
5. indianapolis
6. cincinatti

time for pittsburgh to put up or shut up cause in 4 minutes above will be the actual division standings and playoff picture until at least sunday. Pitts out of the play offs, and no it does not make me happy, but I am sick of people making excuses for the worst performing steelers team I have ever seen in my entire life. (been a fan for 14 years) ever since I knew what the damn NFL was all about

Fire Arians

we're obviously out of the playoffs, now we're just playing for either pride or draft position. might as well just give up already since cincy won

i mean, i don't even think we play a game this sunday. it's over!

MACH1
12-13-2012, 11:44 PM
we're obviously out of the playoffs, now we're just playing for either pride or draft position. might as well just give up already since cincy won

i mean, i don't even think we play a game this sunday. it's over!

They may as well get some exercise and work on that obese problem.

Raoul Duke
12-14-2012, 12:00 AM
BlazeQuietly? More like PostsObnoxiously, am I right fellas?

BlaZeQuietly
12-14-2012, 12:16 AM
BlazeQuietly? More like PostsObnoxiously, am I right fellas?

more like royal dick

BlaZeQuietly
12-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Attention everyone.

Fire Arians and I have Made a bet concerning the Cowboys game this weekend, it is a sig bet.

beer72
12-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Why so much negativity here? Life is like a box of chocolates:drink:

Millers the sh!t
12-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I didn't know "I am Sam" was a Steelers fan.

BlaZeQuietly
12-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Why so much negativity here? Life is like a box of chocolates:drink:

Because many of the steelers are facing a very fierce battle with obesity, some of them becoming morbidly obese. Ben Roethlisberger for one. In fact Rashaad Mendenhall Apparently became so obese he could not fit out his door on game day and didn't even make it to the stadium. Otherwise some of the mods are injecting my posts with negative and abusive comments towards me, as are some other members. Everyone's just mad that the steelers suck.

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Because many of the steelers are facing a very fierce battle with obesity, some of them becoming morbidly obese. Ben Roethlisberger for one. In fact Rashaad Mendenhall Apparently became so obese he could not fit out his door on game day and didn't even make it to the stadium. Otherwise some of the mods are injecting my posts with negative and abusive comments towards me, as are some other members. Everyone's just mad that the steelers suck.

It is better to not post and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt...

BlaZeQuietly
12-14-2012, 01:00 AM
It is better to not post and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt...

Wow you think you are pretty cool with you being from hawaii and all. And your Sig of tomlin snubbing john harbough on a hand shake. I can totally see your personality.

A homosexual Hawaiian police officer, that was bullied in high school and now goes around arresting teenagers for possession of pot and feeling like a big man for doing so. Just a local cop, obviously not a trooper as you more than likely couldnt pass the more stringent physical tests as you seem to have a morbidly obese personality, and at night after you are done stuff doughnuts down your fat cop face you come home and get on a steelers forum and look at all the stars under your name and think about how cool you are, then you get depressed because you have no one in your life that cares about you, so you take your sleeping meds and go to bed, then wake up and repete. loser

Raoul Duke
12-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Wow you think you are pretty cool with you being from hawaii and all. And your Sig of tomlin snubbing john harbough on a hand shake. I can totally see your personality.

A homosexual Hawaiian police officer, that was bullied in high school and now goes around arresting teenagers for possession of pot and feeling like a big man for doing so. Just a local cop, obviously not a trooper as you more than likely couldnt pass the more stringent physical tests as you seem to have a morbidly obese personality, and at night after you are done stuff doughnuts down your fat cop face you come home and get on a steelers forum and look at all the stars under your name and think about how cool you are, then you get depressed because you have no one in your life that cares about you, so you take your sleeping meds and go to bed, then wake up and repete. loser

How many bowls have you smoked tonight?

Steel_Bus_24
12-14-2012, 01:03 AM
kvL3jL2ppa0

we're approaching Pepper Brooks's level with this stuff

Yes we know,Steelers have to take care of business and start whooping some ass

MACH1
12-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Thats about enough spewing of bullshit, enjoy your vacation.

Fire Haley
12-14-2012, 01:09 AM
How fucking stupid can you be?

Steelers beat Cincy and The Browns and they are in, the Dallas game doesn't even matter

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 01:16 AM

wow, how did you know all of that just from reading my one post? :chuckle:

Lady Steel
12-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Blaze is jelly of you, Hawaii 5-0. It's kinda cute. :laughing:

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Blaze is jelly of you, Hawaii 5-0. It's kinda cute. :laughing:

I think you're right, all because I have more stars under my name than he does...:wink02:

Lady Steel
12-14-2012, 01:32 AM
I think you're right, all because I have more stars under my name than he does...:wink02:

He didn't even mention your Member of the Week honor. He wants a Member of the MONTH title, as alluded to in his NFL Forum thread. He so wants to make you jelly back. :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 01:37 AM
He didn't even mention your Member of the Week honor. He wants a Member of the MONTH title, as alluded to in his NFL Forum thread. He so wants to make you jelly back. :chuckle:

he just got banned, guess I don't have to worry anymore about him wanting to make me jelly back...:chuckle:

Fire Arians
12-14-2012, 01:47 AM

whoa that took a turn for the worst lol

Fire Arians
12-14-2012, 01:49 AM
How many bowls have you smoked tonight?

i doubt he's smoking bowls, that shit usually calms people down haha. dudes on speed or something

IowaSteeler927
12-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Dudes obviously a LEO hating douchenozzle with nothing better to do than literally spew complete garbage out of his ass. Good riddance. I work with inmates and he sounds just like the rest of them. Probably been in jail numerous times for possession, and instead of blaming himself for being a total dumbass he blames it on the police.

The Curtain's Crusader
12-14-2012, 05:19 AM
I nominate Blaze for the most annoying poster! That includes Raven fans, as well.

So ridiculous! I thought I was a pessimist when it comes to my teams, but I don't even know why you bother. Find another hobby...or another team.

The_Joker
12-14-2012, 05:22 AM
I nominate Blaze for the most annoying poster! That includes Raven fans, as well.

So ridiculous! I thought I was a pessimist when it comes to my teams, but I don't even know why you bother. Find another hobby...or another team.

Pitching in, he was worst than most Rats fans.

Bayz101
12-14-2012, 06:10 AM
What? We beat Cincinatti already this season, and the winner of the next matchup will more than likely decided the playoff spot. Hope you enjoy your month vacation, dumbass.

beer72
12-14-2012, 07:05 AM
I believe this all started over the response of my post...mayb i should post more often. and besides Hawaii is beautiful lived there for 5 yrs....aloha !

ETL
12-14-2012, 07:49 AM
When cincinatti wins this game they will be 8-6 which effectively puts them 1/2 game ahead of the steelers. and until the steelers beat the cowboys (if they even do) the bengles will have that wild card spot and the steelers will be OUT of the playoffs. How do all you positive Pattys like that?

Any other insight, Captain Obvious?

(Arrived late to this party. I read later that he got banned)

teegre
12-14-2012, 08:20 AM

I know that you already got banned.

But, I also know that you'll be reading this.

That was quite disturbing.

Joking around is one thing; making fun of five "random" threads is one thing; pointing out dumb posts is one thing.

That was something totally totally different.

That signified that you need to talk to someone. To get THAT worked up ON A MESSAGE BOARD... wow... there is a lot of pent up anger there. I've read millions of posts, rife with rants, diatribes, and/or people attacking each other, but yours was one of the most disturbing... you took the time to actually create some sort of quasi-"real world" scenario... again, quite disturbing.

Buddha Bus
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Should change your name to BlaZelessFreQuently. My God, how high are you?

And why the fuck do I always see these things AFTER these dolts get banned? :doh:

Do us a favor... the next time you're lighting your bong, set your head on fire too and help us smarten up the human gene pool. You're giving stoners a bad name.

Thank you in advance,

Buddha Bus :thumbsup:

desertsteel
12-14-2012, 08:33 AM
time for pittsburgh to put up or shut up cause in 4 minutes above will be the actual division standings and playoff picture until at least sunday. Pitts out of the play offs, and no it does not make me happy, but I am sick of people making excuses for the worst performing steelers team I have ever seen in my entire life. (been a fan for 14 years) ever since I knew what the damn NFL was all about

A 16-year old has spoken. Case closed.

/thread

Buddha Bus
12-14-2012, 08:45 AM
A 16-year old has spoken. Case closed.

/thread

16 year old? I have a sneaking suspicion this paste eater is still sporting Huggies Pull-Ups (who's a big kid?) and cutting paper with safety scissors.

It is nice to see that children in kindergarten are being taught computer skills these days so we don't have to decipher his Crayola scribblings though. I guess we can put his original post up on the SF refrigerator to make him feel special so he doesn't hold his breath and keep throwing tantrums. :hunch:

steelfury02
12-14-2012, 08:54 AM
I read that there was donuts.
I read that there was weed.
I read that there were homosexuals.
I read that there were obese people.
I read that there was a man riding a horse.
I saw a man with a trident.
Brick killed a guy!

Atlanta Dan
12-14-2012, 08:56 AM

So you mean the season ends this Sunday:jawdrop: - thanks for sharing:drink:

The Steelers win the tiebreaker with the Bengals as long as they beat the Bengals in Pittsburgh - if the Steelers beat Dallas and the Bengals they can treat week 17 agsint the Browns as a bye week

How do you like that Negative Nellie?

Buddha Bus
12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
How do you like that Negative Nellie?

He'll let you know in a month. :wink02:

teegre
12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Brick killed a guy!

LOUD NOISES!!!

Buddha Bus
12-14-2012, 09:04 AM

DlnObIFBCY4

steelfury02
12-14-2012, 09:09 AM
yinz are hilarious :rofl:

"You might want to lay low because you'll probably be wanted for murder."

Favorite from that skit is "she can be a real bitch" - how the hell can he keep a straight face after going ape shit? haha

Back to the discussion at hand: A lot of us probably piss each other off with some comments, disagree on quite a few points, and are either pessimists or optimists - but, hey - we love the Steelers - no matter how much we want to strangle each other!

It's a love-hate thing. It's science.
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ron-burgundy.jpg

fer522
12-14-2012, 09:33 AM

I didn't think you could ban people for being stupid then I read this^ :doh:

FanSince72
12-14-2012, 09:53 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/allislost_zps9ddfb678.jpg

plenewken
12-14-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm just saying

1.houston
2. new england
3. denver
4 baltimore
5. indianapolis
6. cincinatti

t

They didn't tell you it's Cincinnati when you prep'ed for the GED?

ETL
12-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Kudos to the OP. You have united us all by providing a common enemy: YOU.

steelfury02
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Kudos to the OP. You have united us all by providing a common enemy: YOU.

Well I'm proud to be an American . . .anybody? Sing along now!

steelerchad
12-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm just saying

Baltimore 9-4
Cincinatti 8-6
pittsburgh 7-6
browns 5-8

and

1.houston
2. new england
3. denver
4 baltimore
5. indianapolis
6. cincinatti

Do you realize the Steelers could lose to the Cowboys and still take back the spot from Cincy next week? In fact, if they beat Dallas and then Cincy next week, they clinch a playoff spot with week 17 still to go.

Buddha Bus
12-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Do you realize the Steelers could lose to the Cowboys and still take back the spot from Cincy next week? In fact, if they beat Dallas and then Cincy next week, they clinch a playoff spot with week 17 still to go.

Save yourself the typing. It's like trying to teach a monkey advanced algebra.

SteelersCanada
12-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Another stupid thread from Blaze? Say it ain't so.

Twentyvalve
12-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Blaze -

What are you trying to do? I don't understand.

I will remind you of a fact. The Bengals have not won a playoff game since the 90's. The Steelers have them had them for breakfast for years. And sometimes they have the SB for lunch afterward.

The Bengals finally get into a position to finally attempt a win in a playoff game after over a decade and now the Steelers suck. Please keep commenting opinions. They really don't matter! And face it, 8-6 ain't that great.

Go Steelers!:tt04:

The Curtain's Crusader
12-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Glad he was banned. Anyone who ends a ridiculous, offensive post with "...wake up and repete. Loser." should be.

SoCalFan
12-14-2012, 11:48 AM
You say you have been a fan for 14 years? How the fock did we get our last 2 Superbowl wins? UGLY!!! Thats how we do it foo!!!

Fire Haley
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM
You're all talking to a ghost - he's dead

he was worst than most Rats fans

How do you know he wasn't?

That's how trolls work, pretending to be one of the herd

Buddha Bus
12-14-2012, 11:57 AM
You're all talking to a ghost - he's dead

Yeah we know. Some of us missed out on the fun though. :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 12:31 PM
You say you have been a fan for 14 years?

yes, he's been a Steelers fan since he was two...:tt02: :tt02:

Lady Steel
12-14-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.boscovs.com/wcsstore/boscovs/images/store/product/images/63224709817826.jpg

:laughing:

Bayz101
12-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey, hey. You guys have to keep the jokes in the chamber, this fool's only on a 30-day vacation! :chuckle:

Fire Haley
12-14-2012, 02:27 PM
this fool's only on a 30-day vacation! :chuckle:

so ban him permanently - problem solved

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM
i doubt he's smoking bowls, that shit usually calms people down haha. dudes on speed or something

good point, smoking bowls just makes you want to listen to music and make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and wash it down with a chocolate milkshake.

my guess is this guy is smoking crystal meth or crack, that shit makes you delusional which is what he seems to be.

MACH1
12-14-2012, 03:13 PM

I'm sure he'll fulfill your wish shortly after his return. :laughing:

Steel95
12-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not giving up until they are out of it. I've watched all 13 games this season, I plan on watching the last three as well. But lets be realistic, this team isn't playing good football; there appears to be a lack of focus, how else can you explain this team losing to Tennessee, Oakland, Cleveland and San Diego?

They still can turn things around, but time is definitely running out, real fast too. To be honest with you, it wouldn't bother me at all if they lost the final three games, this team needs some better talent.

pete74
12-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Some people seem to think we can lose to dallas because once we beat Cincinnati were in but beating Cincinnati is far from a sure thing. There defense is playing tough and there getting a lot of turnovers. There defensive line is one of the best in the NFL and the Dalton-Green combo is insane. It wont be an easy game.

Anyway what im saying is we need to turn it on now. Crush Dallas and play lights out.

WVABE
12-14-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm not giving up until they are out of it. I've watched all 13 games this season, I plan on watching the last three as well. But lets be realistic, this team isn't playing good football; there appears to be a lack of focus, how else can you explain this team losing to Tennessee, Oakland, Cleveland and San Diego?

They still can turn things around, but time is definitely running out, real fast too. To be honest with you, it wouldn't bother me at all if they lost the final three games, this team needs some better talent.Good thing we're headed to the playoffs unless we play a 7-9 team.

fer522
12-14-2012, 06:59 PM
good point, smoking bowls just makes you want to listen to music and make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and wash it down with a chocolate milkshake.

I won't say a damn thing:chuckle:

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Stupid question, but...what's to stop him from just creating a new profile and being back on here in about 30 seconds to annoy us more?

DoctorCAD
12-14-2012, 08:33 PM

my guess is this guy is smoking crystal meth or crack, that shit makes you delusional which is what he seems to be.

Ummm, Doritos and Doctor Pepper...at least thats what Ive been told.

teegre
12-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Stupid question, but...what's to stop him from just creating a new profile and being back on here in about 30 seconds to annoy us more?

Years ago, I was on another forum, and that happened one night.

We could tell it was the same guy, because:
a) he was a 49ers fan, and every name was some sort of reference to them (niners rule, SF nut, SF nut2).

Once he caught on to that... we looked for the even more obvious marker:

b) he repeatedly misspelled Julian Peterson: Jewlian Petersun.

THUS... keep a lookout for:
a) anyone creating multiple new threads in a short amount of time,

b) anyone who has a thing with calling people either: homosexuals or homophobes (or both).

SteelWarrior69
12-14-2012, 10:15 PM

a) he was a 49ers fan, and every name was some sort of reference to them (niners rule, SF nut, SF nut2).

b) anyone who has a thing with calling people either: homosexuals or homophobes (or both).
And maybe he has mutiple personalities and the "other" 1 can spell well:doh:

objectivefan
12-14-2012, 10:26 PM
WTF??!!

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 10:37 PM

this is simply not true.

my Mother loves me very much...:love:

JVip
12-14-2012, 10:51 PM
OP reminds me of posters on 4chan...

ricardisimo
12-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Damn... I missed the party again. It's my own fault, really. I'm so obese I can't get to the computer in time.

JeromeBetties63
12-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Brick killed a guy!

Oh my word, dude. Robert Frost has nothing on you. Thanks for a serious belly laugh! :rofl:

ricardisimo
12-15-2012, 03:43 AM

We have our ways. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this if I were you.

Fire Arians
12-15-2012, 04:55 AM
Ummm, Doritos and Doctor Pepper...at least thats what Ive been told.

surprised neither of you mentioned pizza :thumbsup:

Stangboy06
12-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Okay geniuses here we go Steelers can lose against the Cowboys and win the last two games and still be in the playoffs

Ricco Suavez
12-15-2012, 07:52 AM

They still can turn things around, but time is definitely running out, real fast too. To be honest with you, it wouldn't bother me at all if they lost the final three games, this team needs some better talent.

I will try to give my take on why we lose to the above teams. First Oakland is on west coast and you can check our record against the Raiders and it is one of the worst as far as the Steelers are concerned. We make a habit of losing to Oakland even on good years.

The Titans and that organization is still Oilers at heart and there is a history there as well, we have not faired well at their home and they are competitive most games but have a habit of losing in the end. I would like topoint out that both of these losses occured early in the season when the offense was trying to adjust to a new offense and the defense was less than sterling in both of these losses.

The Browns was just a clusterf**k. Batch with not much practice, injuries to BB, AB, and Crotch, 8 turnovers. This was a game we would of lost to anyone not just the Browns. Also the Browns play us like the playoffs and sometimes we do not match their intensity. I also have said many times this years Brown team is much improved esp. on defense. SD was due, 0-14 in the regular season at Pittsburgh,Ben coming off an injury, team coming off an emotional win, classic letdown.

Hey I know its the players, coaches, staffs obligation to avoid these type of losses. But stuff happens, it happens to even good teams. I was happy with the way this team was performing before Ben's injury and I hope to see that team make an appearance this weekend, and if that team shows up we could go far. I promise you this if we even begin to resemble the team of 5 weeks ago, there is not an NFL team in the playoffs that want to play us, on the other hand if we limp in, then we effectively become someones bitch, err I mean bye.

steelfury02
12-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Oh my word, dude. Robert Frost has nothing on you. Thanks for a serious belly laugh! :rofl:

lol thanks - I had nothing of real value to add to the convo once I saw the ban-in-progress

FanSince72
12-15-2012, 08:56 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/steelersneverquit2_zpsbaee2a8d.jpg

Edman
12-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Here's the funny thing people in this topic don't get. You want to know how much in control the Steelers are of their destiny?

Regardless of what happens in Dallas tommorrow, If the Steelers beat Cincinnati and Cleveland in these final two games, they're in the postseason. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

teegre
12-15-2012, 11:12 AM
We have our ways. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this if I were you.

Ahhh... Magic Eight-ball. :wink02:

desertsteel
12-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Here's the funny thing people in this topic don't get. You want to know how much in control the Steelers are of their destiny?

Regardless of what happens in Dallas tommorrow, If the Steelers beat Cincinnati and Cleveland in these final two games, they're in the postseason. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

EXACTLY! How long does this retarded thread have to go on?!?!

Hawaii 5-0
12-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Damn... I missed the party again. It's my own fault, really. I'm so obese I can't get to the computer in time.

:chuckle:

madtowndrunkard
12-15-2012, 12:44 PM
While I can appreciate everyone's positive attitude... i also think we are kidding our selves if you really think we are going to run the table.... let alone beat the Cowboys. The chargers exposed us. The browns exposed us. The only chance we could make a run would require Tomlin to out coach the next two opponents. The next time Tomlin out coaches an opponent wil probably be the first time. In the past we won because of our QB's skill or our defense's superiority. We can't honestly expect Ben or our defense to carry us to wins against legit opponents... I think the last 5 games have shown that.

Frankly I'd kind of like to see us start playing for next year after Sunday. We desperately need a couple good draft picks. We probably need a solid FA signing also...and Tomlin better be coaching to keep his job next year.

Ravens1
12-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Good luck beating the Browns, much less the Bengals.

desertsteel
12-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Good luck not losing a third game in a row...

Ricco Suavez
12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Trouble with playing for next year like so many have stated, is when next year gets here and things go a little south, it becomes easy to play for the next year also. My motto is never give up, do not quit until the last die is cast. Cleveland has been waiting for their next year for 50 years now, and finally look to have a good defense in place to make a next step. I do not want my Steelers to become the Browns of the last fifty years.

Fire Arians
12-15-2012, 01:55 PM

lol ravens fans are always swinging from our nuts

SteelersCanada
12-15-2012, 02:13 PM

Are you really in a position to talk shit here, champ? Good luck beating Peyton and Eli with that truly horrific secondary and overrated front 7. I hope RayRay isn't coming back too early, it would be such a shame for someone to hit him and watch the fucking dust come out. Or, Suggs doesn't aggravate his already-torn biceps and has to sit out for the rest of the season. Boy, that would sting wouldn't it?

Also, you lost to a second string rookie quarterback. I bet that one hurt, eh pal?

Hawaii 5-0
12-15-2012, 05:09 PM

maybe you should worry more about your own team and less about what the Steelers do...

Edman
12-15-2012, 05:33 PM

You would love that wouldn't you? Facing the Nightmare Scenario of Pittsburgh going into the Bank Vault to end your season a fourth time.

Be patient, champ. We'll be there soon enough.

TRH
12-15-2012, 05:43 PM
even being completely objective : Ravens fans have nooooooooooooooo room to talk. They're playing like complete donkey d**k and in reality should have a losing record in the first place. Their moronic coaching staff hasn't even figured out yet that they should keep giving Ray Rice the ball - its what moves the team. Flacco's been doing his best "mark sanchez imitation" the last few games, injuries, and on.....and on.....and on......

That said - the quote above is absolutely 100% correct. We'll be lucky to beat the Browns. Thats right.
We seem to have problems with teams that are more physical than we are and both the OL and DL of the Browns is WAYYYYY tougher, physical, and stronger than ours (can't believe i have to even write that....this is supposed to be the Steelers, damnit..) - but its true.

Hawaii 5-0
12-15-2012, 06:43 PM
even being completely objective : Ravens fans have nooooooooooooooo rooWe'll be lucky to beat the Browns. Thats right.

We seem to have problems with teams that are more physical than we are and both the OL and DL of the Browns is WAYYYYY tougher, physical, and stronger than ours (can't believe i have to even write that....this is supposed to be the Steelers, damnit..) - but its true.

the Brownies are only 5-8, we can beat them at home.

WVABE
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Records don't mean shit, the Browns are starting to get scary.

Edman
12-15-2012, 07:18 PM
The Browns are getting pretty dangerous, which bodes well for the Steelers.

If the Browns were still bad, then I'd have a problem facing them, but since they're not bad anymore, the Steelers will be able to beat them. You know how the Steelers' M.O has been this year. Rise to the occasion against good teams, struggle against bad teams.

The Steelers don't play anymore bad teams on their schedule.

teegre
12-15-2012, 07:28 PM
The Browns are getting pretty dangerous, which bodes well for the Steelers.

If the Browns were still bad, then I'd have a problem facing them, but since they're not bad anymore, the Steelers will be able to beat them. You know how the Steelers' M.O has been this year. Rise to the occasion against good teams, struggle against bad teams.

The Steelers don't play anymore bad teams on their schedule.

^^That^^

While slightly "tongue in cheek", it's true.

Also, once Nick Saban takes over the Browns (this offseason), they WILL be tough. Look for all four AFC North teams to be play-off caliber teams for the next five seasons.

FanSince72
12-15-2012, 08:52 PM
While I can appreciate everyone's positive attitude... i also think we are kidding our selves if you really think we are going to run the table.... let alone beat the Cowboys. The chargers exposed us. The browns exposed us. The only chance we could make a run would require Tomlin to out coach the next two opponents. The next time Tomlin out coaches an opponent wil probably be the first time. In the past we won because of our QB's skill or our defense's superiority. We can't honestly expect Ben or our defense to carry us to wins against legit opponents... I think the last 5 games have shown that.

Frankly I'd kind of like to see us start playing for next year after Sunday. We desperately need a couple good draft picks. We probably need a solid FA signing also...and Tomlin better be coaching to keep his job next year.

As I've said many times before, there are only two ways to look at anything - in a positive way or in a negative way and since neither one costs more than the other, I'll go with positive every time!

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/wecan_zps6be65245.jpg

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

ChristianKustomz
12-16-2012, 11:45 AM
So I'm confused by now with all this. Is there any actual hard proof as of right now that we are out of wildcard possibilities?

I keep seeing some people saying we can still make it to the SB and others saying we are already out. What is the factual truth?

If someone could please post statistical facts to get this post back on track would be awesome. I would like to know whether or not to cheer for our potential SB goal or if I should start watching another game. When I look at the stats on NFL'12 app on my iPhone there seems to be a ton of teams with our win/loss record. So to me I don't think we are too far out or am I wrong? Please someone clarify this with some facts and not opinions because I would truly like to know what needs to happen for us to still make the playoffs even if it is a wildcard; if it's even possible at this point.

teegre
12-16-2012, 11:53 AM
So I'm confused by now with all this. Is there any actual hard proof as of right now that we are out of wildcard possibilities?

I keep seeing some people saying we can still make it to the SB and others saying we are already out. What is the factual truth?

If someone could please post statistical facts to get this post back on track would be awesome. I would like to know whether or not to cheer for our potential SB goal or if I should start watching another game. When I look at the stats on NFL'12 app on my iPhone there seems to be a ton of teams with our win/loss record. So to me I don't think we are too far out or am I wrong? Please someone clarify this with some facts and not opinions because I would truly like to know what needs to happen for us to still make the playoffs even if it is a wildcard; if it's even possible at this point.

Before Thursday's game, the Steelers were the #6 seed.

When the Bengals won (on Thursday) they took a HALF-game lead.

If the Steelers win today, they remain the #6 seed.

POSSIBILITIES

The Steelers have a slight chance at winning the division: if the Ravens lose out & the Steelers win out (slim).

The Steelers control their destiny with the #6 seed: a win against the Bengals (next week), coupled with a win today OR a win against the Browns secures, at least, the #6 seed (likely).

SUPERBOWL
Once in the play-offs, if the Steelers team that beat the NYGiants shows up, the Steelers have every bit of a chance at winning their seventh Lombardi Trophy.

Lady Steel
12-16-2012, 12:42 PM
I would like to know whether or not to cheer for our potential SB goal or if I should start watching another game

You're not going to watch the Steelers game if they have already been eliminated from the playoffs? Not me. I don't even know how to do that. I have to work 2nd shift today, but I'm going to be watching every little bit of the game I can, and will continue to watch the remainder of their games win or lose.

GO STEELERS! :tt:

Hawaii 5-0
12-16-2012, 12:56 PM
You're not going to watch the Steelers game if they have already been eliminated from the playoffs? Not me. I don't even know how to do that. I have to work 2nd shift today, but I'm going to be watching every little bit of the game I can, and will continue to watch the remainder of their games win or lose.

GO STEELERS! :tt:

I'm with you, the Steelers could go 0-16 and I would still watch them because they are my favorite team win or lose...:tt02:

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 03:05 PM

You might want to shut the fuck up until you actually, you know, have the division sewn up...

Hawaii 5-0
12-16-2012, 03:24 PM

great job against the Broncos today, your new OC called an awesome game...:chuckle:

Edman
12-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Did you know the Steelers are out of the playoffs?

No chance people. time to tank the season and give up. We don't look like the Patriots and everyone needs to be fired. Fire everybody and start from scratch.

Edman
12-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Nice effort today, jackass. Hope you enjoy having a dead offense with Bert Flaccid the rest of the season. Cam was no genius, but it's a BAD idea to fire your OC let alone any coach during the crucial stretch of the season.

ChristianKustomz
12-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok kids. Play nice.

Hawaii 5-0
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Ok kids. Play nice.

why should we play nice with a Ravens troll who comes to our message board and talks trash? :noidea:

ChristianKustomz
12-16-2012, 04:26 PM
I know. I would say ban him but that's just my opinion. Give him a short vacation at least to readjust his attitude.

madtowndrunkard
12-16-2012, 11:08 PM
As I've said many times before, there are only two ways to look at anything - in a positive way or in a negative way and since neither one costs more than the other, I'll go with positive every time!

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/wecan_zps6be65245.jpg

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Actually there are 3 ways to look at anything... positive, negative, or honestly.

Whether you are judging in a positive or negative manner - either way it's biased. You can spin it either way.. or you can try to be honest and unbiased.

In my attempt to be unbiased and honest about this match up I didn't think we had much of a chance to win this game... I'll say we did a much better job then I thought we could do... Ben seemed to really stepped it up. But in the end our mistake prone ways proved to be the end. I was correct that we couldn't run the ball.. I was correct that we couldn't stop their passing game... I was correct that Mike Tomlin wasn't going to coach us to victory. The game was closer then I expected...but in the end the better team won. We just are not a good team right now- period.

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 11:55 PM
I refuse to live in a world where Blaze is right - fuck that. We're making the playoffs if it's just to show him that he was wrong.

teegre
12-17-2012, 02:25 AM
I refuse to live in a world where Blaze is right - fuck that. We're making the playoffs if it's just to show him that he was wrong.

I just read this & laughed for a solid 10 seconds.

My post-game angst just vanished with that post. Thank you.

Bayz101
12-17-2012, 03:56 AM

This post made me pee a little. :sofunny:

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 05:27 AM
We're going to make it, do you guys SERIOUSLY favor the Bengals IN PITTSBURGH?

NYC_Steeler
12-17-2012, 05:31 AM

Did anyone seriously consider the Chargers in Pittsburgh? We all know how that shit turned out, don't we? And the Bengals are WAY better than the Chargers.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Did anyone seriously consider the Chargers in Pittsburgh? We all know how that shit turned out, don't we? And the Bengals are WAY better than the Chargers.

:blah: Go put on a Bengals jersey already, all you can do here is say how good they are and how they will kick our butts

NYC_Steeler
12-17-2012, 06:32 AM
:blah: Go put on a Bengals jersey already, all you can do here is say how good they are and how they will kick our butts

Fuck you asshole. I think just about everyone on this board is sick and tired of your condescending bullshit. We have our opinions, if you don't like them because you've got rose-colored glasses up your ass, tough shit. We're all fans here and this is a place to talk about the team - good or bad.

If you're going to act like a petualnt child, go play in a romper room.

Rick5895
12-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Actually there are 3 ways to look at anything... positive, negative, or honestly.

Whether you are judging in a positive or negative manner - either way it's biased. You can spin it either way.. or you can try to be honest and unbiased.

In my attempt to be unbiased and honest about this match up I didn't think we had much of a chance to win this game... I'll say we did a much better job then I thought we could do... Ben seemed to really stepped it up. But in the end our mistake prone ways proved to be the end. I was correct that we couldn't run the ball.. I was correct that we couldn't stop their passing game... I was correct that Mike Tomlin wasn't going to coach us to victory. The game was closer then I expected...but in the end the better team won. We just are not a good team right now- period.

I couldn't agree more. We still control our own destiny, however, The Bengals or browns games will not be easy. We are down to or 4,5, 6 CB's and that hurt us against Dallas. I am likely as positive about the Steelers as anybody, but this season even with our injury depleted lineup we are losing games, not because of the talent on the field, but because we are making too many mistakes at the wrong times in games. Yesterday, Browns fumble when we could have put the game out of reach and then playing way too deep on the punt late in the 4th really hurt. Those kind of mistakes just can't happen when you have the injuries we have.
I still have faith that we make the playoffs but I won't be surprised if we lose the next two either

maddog78
12-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Keenan Lewis is hurt now. Do you want Josh Victorian or Curtis Brown covering AJ Green?

I'll be happy if the Steelers can stay within ten points.

Pentheon
12-17-2012, 08:40 AM
I dont think this guy knew was he was doing when he started this thread

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Fuck you asshole. I think just about everyone on this board is sick and tired of your condescending bullshit. We have our opinions, if you don't like them because you've got rose-colored glasses up your ass, tough shit. We're all fans here and this is a place to talk about the team - good or bad.

If you're going to act like a petualnt child, go play in a romper room.

People are tired of me not whining like a spoiled child, or worse, a Ravens fan?

Tough shit bub.

Terrapin
12-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't know who's going to cover AJ Green, so I"m not liking our chances in Cincy. And even if we do win, we're not going anywhere anyway. This team is about as consistent as a morning deuce after a night of Taco Bell.

SoCalFan
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Are there ANY veteran corners out there we can pick up? I'm pretty confident we will win out and get the 6th seed! I do agree with most that we won't go far, but making it to the playoffs give me 1 more game to watch for the year even if we lose, I still want to watch another game!

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 10:39 AM
People are tired of me not whining like a spoiled child, or worse, a Ravens fan?

Tough shit bub.

Personally I think you're an Arians' lover.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 10:56 AM

woah, woah now - don't go THAT low:flap:

Seriously though - the attitudes (and apparently Ben has a big one now ((all of a sudden! yea right)) ) are a major concern and is a big part of the reason why no one is confident in a win.

SteelersCanada
12-17-2012, 12:18 PM
The attitude has changed - you're right - but it was due to the loss to the Browns. Since that game, this team hasn't been the same in any aspect of the game. Even with Ben back, the attitude all of a sudden is 'what the fuck is the point of playing anymore' and it's slowly starting to show throughout.

Can we take a mulligan for this season, draft well and win a title next year?

BritishSteel
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Normally, I'd be the first one to point and laugh at the Bengals, and history does tend to suggest that they'll find a way to fuck it up at our place, but they're not 6 from the last 7 by stinking the place up - and this isn't 2009, when we just had to turn up sober to beat them. They're a decent team, and they deserve some respect for that. So do I expect them to come to HF and win? No. Can they? Of course they can. Will they if the Steelers of the last two weeks turn up? If we just think we have to turn up to beat them, like we have in the past, they'll smack us in the mouth. If we do something about the piss-poor play that dogged us in the last two games, then I'm confident that normal service will be resumed.

Hawaii 5-0
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM

oh wow, dem is fighting words...:chuckle:

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 12:25 PM
The attitude has changed - you're right - but it was due to the loss to the Browns. Since that game, this team hasn't been the same in any aspect of the game. Even with Ben back, the attitude all of a sudden is 'what the fuck is the point of playing anymore' and it's slowly starting to show throughout.

Can we take a mulligan for this season, draft well and win a title next year?

I believe you're right - the Cleveland game deflated them (which is a shame - because a turnover riddled game where you still only lost by what, like 7? is something you can correct and rebound from - at least a more disciplined team does). I think we can agree that we were all psyched about winning at Bmore, and then "Here comes Ben now after a huge win without him - look out league!" and then we get THIS "team". Ugh

If we lose to the Bengals - might as well start talking about the draft.