PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Steelers

steelersfan299
12-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Who on the steelers roster will make the 2013 Pro Bowl? I think Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu would have made it if they didn't get hurt.

teegre
12-14-2012, 03:05 PM
None... becaus ethey all will be playing on the following Sunday. :wink02:

PhantomJB93
12-14-2012, 03:09 PM
I think we'll have minimal Pro Bowlers this year. I think Pouncey might be the only one, if any. Timmons and Clark deserve to go but they aren't popular enough and won't unless others decline the invites. Troy might get voted in just because the general population doesn't know any other SS's. Peyton, Brady, Luck, and maybe even Schaub will be ahead of Ben whether they deserve to be or not.

Cyphon
12-14-2012, 03:21 PM
I can't think of any sure choices. I think the closest may be Ben but outside of him I can't think of any standouts.

Edit: Actually Heath Miller would be another choice. I don't know how his numbers stack up against other AFC TE's but he has been just about our MVP.

SteelersCanada
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
It's a very different conversation to have if you're talking about guys that are going versus guys who should be going. I honestly don't think we're going to have any guys on the Pro Bowl team and that's an absolute disgrace. Now, if we're talking about guys who should go it's easily guys like Pouncey, Starks, Timmons, Taylor, Clark and, probably most deservedly, Heeeeaaaaaathhhhh.

Ben and Troy have missed too much time to go this year.

Cyphon
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Ben and Troy have missed too much time to go this year.

Troy I agree with. But from a numbers standpoint Ben is doing just fine.

Completion %

1. Manning
2. Ben
3. Brady
4. Rivers
5. Schaub

Yards

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. Luck
5. Dalton

TD/Int

1. Brady (29/4)
2. Ben (20/5)
3. Manning (30/10)
4. Schaub (21/10)
5. Flacco (18/9)

QBR

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Ben
4. Schaub
5. Dalton

Manning and Brady are 1 and 2 either way and it looks like Ben should get the 3rd spot. Schaub is next in line after that since Ben won't play because of preparing for the Superbowl.

pete74
12-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Heath Miller is our only player who deserves to be there

Fire Arians
12-14-2012, 03:42 PM
heath miller, maybe lawrence timmons

WVABE
12-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Sqeezum's having a damn good year so far and Heath, but I wouldn't be shocked if Troy made it after only playing a few games. The system is severely screwed up.

rgj
12-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Right now the only Steeler I can see on the ProBowl team would be Heath Miller. At this point, I do not believe anyone else deserves it.

The_Joker
12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I hope none.

Fire Arians
12-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I hope none.

heath miller deserves to go, i'm gonna be pissed if he's not even an alternate

unless you mean you're hoping we're super bowl bound, so nobody actually plays it lol

Cyphon
12-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I forgot about the year Shuisams having. I guess he could go as well.

So Heath, Ben and Shuisam.

Odd on a team with a history of the best defenses and a defense they call number 1 this year none really stand out against their peers.

Just checked the TE numbers and looks like Heath should definitely get a spot just based on performance.

Receptions

1. Myers
2. Gresham/Miller
4. Gronk
5. Daniels

Yards

1. Gronk
2. Myers
3. Gresham
4. Miller
5. Daniels

TD

1. Gronk
2. Miller
3. Chandler/Daniels
5. Dreessem/Gresham/Pitta

20/40 +

1. Gronk
2. Miller
3. Allen/Chandler/Cook/Gresham

austinfrench76
12-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Heath, Ben, Pouncey, Foote, Troy and probably Clark. I know Foote is a stretch but he's in there according to ESPN Hensley....

jb500ex
12-14-2012, 05:52 PM
It's funny that everyone thinks timmo s is good when foote has been better down for down. That said no steeler linebacker has been good this year or close to it. If you think Timmons is good try watching other games

Cyphon
12-14-2012, 06:05 PM
People are thinking of Timmons because he has been hot recently but yeah, Foote has been more consistent. A new Farrior.....Kind of.

SteelersCanada
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Foote is great because Timmons makes him look good. Since Foote is slow and can't cover, he's blitzed and can rack up his tackle count. Timmons is best as a blitzing linebacker, but unfortunately, Foote is too old and slow to cover the middle of the field effectively.

Go and watch the Eagles game and tell me that Foote has been a better every down 'backer. Give me a break.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Ben, Heath, Pouncey, Clark, Timmons, Suisham

pittpete
12-14-2012, 07:04 PM

I'd have to agree

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Heath, Keenan Lewis, Suisham, Timmons, and Big Ben are my picks. Even though he gets in on reputation alone every year-- i cannot vote for Troy this season.

steeltheone
12-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Pouncey leading vote getter....amazing??? No Steeler OL is a Pro Bowler.

Hawaii 5-0
12-14-2012, 09:53 PM

and Shaun Suisham...

25 out of 26 FGs made and 27 for 27 XPs is pretty damn good.

steelersfan299
12-14-2012, 10:24 PM
I think Lawrence Timmons should go but won't get the votes. Shaun Suisham and Heath Miller both have a chance of making it.

TheVet
12-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Heath Miller. :applaudit:

Suisham!!!! :applaudit:

Pouncey (ok, I'm a homer, but it's marginal)

Keenan Lewis if Keenan Lewis gets a vote. :chuckle:

Millers the sh!t
12-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Miller, pouncey,roethlisburger,clark

Forgot about suisham. He should be a lock. I hope his peers recognize him

steeltheone
12-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Pouncey.... is good, but way overrated

Clark.... is solid and a big hitter, coverage skills far from Pro Bowl level

Heath...YES ...What a year!

Ben ...Lost to too many cupcakes

Suisham...What a year! probably not enough stats though

steelfury02
12-15-2012, 07:36 AM
if Ben didn't get injured and continued to improve his level of play from the Giants game on - and we were sitting at around 9-4, I'd say he would still be the third because both Brady and Manning are playing at pro-bowl level, and leading in MVP race.

IMO, Heath Miller most def deserves it. Pouncey has just had flashes this year, but has had some bad moments as well. He has a chance to earn his keep over the next 3 games and into the playoffs (hopefully).

Suisham has been one of the top 3 kickers this season. I'd say best in AFC. His FGs have meant more to his team than any other. He's got some huge game kicks this season.

I'd say the Bengals are going to put in a lot of pro-bowlers on defense. Bottom line - I'm not a huge fan of the pro-bowl. I put more stock in team MVP, and I'd have to give it to Heath Miller.

I've brought this up before - I think they need to create 8 pro-bowl squads, 1 for each division, have it after the SB. You go up against your NFC equivalent, AFC North v. NFC North or have the matchups rotate. Pick a few players out of the division for each position

AFC North Pro Bowl Team:
QB - Ben, Dalton
RB - Ray Rice, BenJarvus, Dwyer
WR - A.J. Green, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Antonio Brown
TE - Heath, Gresham

Etc, etc

steeltheone
12-15-2012, 08:06 AM
if Ben didn't get injured and continued to improve his level of play from the Giants game on - and we were sitting at around 9-4, I'd say he would still be the third because both Brady and Manning are playing at pro-bowl level, and leading in MVP race.

IMO, Heath Miller most def deserves it. Pouncey has just had flashes this year, but has had some bad moments as well. He has a chance to earn his keep over the next 3 games and into the playoffs (hopefully).

Suisham has been one of the top 3 kickers this season. I'd say best in AFC. His FGs have meant more to his team than any other. He's got some huge game kicks this season.

I'd say the Bengals are going to put in a lot of pro-bowlers on defense. Bottom line - I'm not a huge fan of the pro-bowl. I put more stock in team MVP, and I'd have to give it to Heath Miller.

I've brought this up before - I think they need to create 8 pro-bowl squads, 1 for each division, have it after the SB. You go up against your NFC equivalent, AFC North v. NFC North or have the matchups rotate. Pick a few players out of the division for each position

AFC North Pro Bowl Team:
QB - Ben, Dalton
RB - Ray Rice, BenJarvus, Dwyer
WR - A.J. Green, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Antonio Brown
TE - Heath, Gresham

Etc, etc

Dwyer and AB, even a division all pro team is laughable...Trent Richardson and Josh Gordon beat them out easily.

nj1923steelgirl
12-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Heath and Shaun!

steelersfan299
12-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I think Shaun Suisham won't make it because Justin Tucker and Sebastian Janikowski will probably get more votes.

AgentGold007
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Heath Miller and i think Ryan Clark has a chance.