PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben announces he's regular-season ready

BlackNGold203
08-13-2006, 07:48 AM
After one preseason series, Ben Roethlisberger declared himself ready to take on the Miami Dolphins in the Steelers' Sept. 7 regular-season opener.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_465867.html

I believe him......

HometownGal
08-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Good article, 203. I love Ben's determination to get out there and play. He looked very comfortable back there for the little time he was in and scrambled out of the pocket when he felt/saw the pressure coming to make a play and that tells me - Ben's back! :bouncy:

SteelerMurf
08-13-2006, 09:22 AM
During all the pressure he saw, not once did he look to "get down" or throw the ball away early.

He looked better than he did last preseason.

He really did look ready for the regular season. But he never got to drop back and just throw a normal pass to a WR. I want to see him do that a few times. I don't think he got happy feet in leaving the pocket too soon cause I have watched numerous replays, I just want to see how long he will sit in a pocket with good protection without feeling like he has to get rid of it.

But since he never looked to avoid a hit during this game, I don't think there will be a problem.

SteelCityMan786
08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Alright ben. Make us proud on opening day. Good to see your ready man.

SteelerFanInCA
08-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Glad to hear Ben's feeling ready and confident. He looked good in the short time he played. After seeing him scramble I said to myself "Ben is back". Great job Big Ben.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Ben is back and better than before.NFL,watch out!

AZ_Steeler
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Great article, Thanks! It was good seeing Ben scrambling and getting that first hit out of the way. I think everyone kind of took a deep breath when he got hit including everyone on the field. After he went down the line came running up to him to see how he was... I think that alone was a big relief for everyone on the team and all the fans of Steeler Nation!

Time to move on and continue to get better and shutdown the Dolphins Sept 7th!!

Steelers
08-15-2006, 12:25 AM
And Cowher?