PDA

View Full Version : houston texans debut (mario williams)

tony hipchest
08-13-2006, 01:00 PM
williams had an assist on a tackle. kyle turley who came to the chifs as a tight end and hasnt played in 2 years flattened him on one play.

i was listenning to a houston sports writer on the radio, and they were speculating that dominick davis's knee injury is much more serieous than initially thought.

drafting sam bowie over michael jordan comes to mind. sure mario could be great but reggie bush looked like he had been tearing up the nfl for several years in his debut.

boLT fan
08-13-2006, 01:10 PM
"There's always next year"

:sofunny:

Ambridge
08-13-2006, 06:24 PM
You have to give Mario a break.
I heard he had another toenail infection last week.
That's the second nail infection since he's been drafted.

Soap and water would probably help Mario!!

Jeremy
08-13-2006, 06:28 PM
We might want to wait more than one preseason game before we dub Mr. Williams as the next Sam Bowie.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I said on draft day it was foolish to pass on Reggie Bush. I still think thats the case. You just can't pass on a guy that can impact the game that Reggie Bush maybe one day can. Its still only pre-season and I'm far from saying that Reggie Bush will make the Hall of Fame. But I really believe this guy is one of those players that only comes around every 20 or so years. Time will tell though.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-14-2006, 03:18 PM
We might want to wait more than one preseason game before we dub Mr. Williams as the next Sam Bowie.

Fair enough. Sucks for him because it was less about Williams and all about Reggie. My crystal ball is telling me some are going to get fed up with the isolated "Reggie Bush" coverage as the season roars on. But anything that knocks the Mannings' off the front page is good news to me. If he could do the same for Ownes even better.

After his bruised ego heals for not going No. 1 in hindsight Reggie is going to be very glad he's not a WalMart Texan. Hell I wouldn't mind crushing the Saints in the Super Bowl.

silver & black
08-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh, hell no! Don't you know that you can base an entire team's season on one pre-season game???!!! :rolleyes: ( I know you aren't serious:smile: )

I can't believe some of the crap I have read on other boards about other teams... not just the Raiders... that are going to have a horrible year, haven't gotten any better at all, etc...

I would think that as educated football fans, they would understand what pre-season is about... apparently I presume too much! :smile: :rolleyes: