PDA

View Full Version : The better team won today, period

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Hats off to Dallas, they made rhe plays to win the game, our boys fought but it wasnt enough to overcome the mistakes.

dcsteel5804
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Hats off to Dallas, they made rhe plays to win the game, our boys fought but it wasnt enough to overcome the mistakes.

I may be a homer, but I disagree. We were down to our 4th, 5th, and 6th DB. We had a safety playing Miles Austin man-to-man. We were undermanned for this fight, but thats been the story all year. To me, we win this game if not for AB crapping the bed.... again

dcsteel5804
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Not to take anything away from Dallas, but I think we should have won this game.

nj1923steelgirl
12-16-2012, 08:01 PM
We SHOULD have won the game but again we just could not pull off a win

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I do too but shit happens, we did have plenty chances to win and didn't get it done. good teams win games, bad teams say shoulda woulda

TRH
12-16-2012, 08:05 PM
we "should" have won every game right? Every team says that. The fact is, we didn't.

Brown GAVE the game to them and then to top it off.....THEIR defensive back made a GREAT defensive play and picked the ball off - something we just don't do. Mindboggling.

I don't want to admit it either - but the better team won today. People, people, people - we're just NOT that good right now. Changes are in need.

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
the bottom line is that the injuries didn't contribute to the outcome of the game. once again, someone on offense finds a way to cough up the ball.

Did injuries make Brown fumble the ball when we were up by a TD with the chance to increase the lead?

Did injuries cause the interception in OT?

Enough of the homerism. Do you really believe they'll win the next two - are you that sure? Maybe they win neither? They will be a 9-7 team AT BEST. If they manage to get into the playoffs by some miracle - which REAL AFC contender can this version hang with? Sure - we might luck out and MAYBE beat Baltimore twice in their house (if they can manage to quit fucking up on offense) - but, this team will get absolutely creamed.

You can quote 05 all you want, you can quote the Giants all you want. This team is NOT capable. End of story.

nj1923steelgirl
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
I agree about change.....

Kanata-Steeler
12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
We WERE the better TEAM ! -but we lost.
I can NEVER stand losing to the Cowgirls, but now, once again, it's just a horrible tasting pill.

Rowland2110
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Dallas is NOT better than us. This was probably the best game dallas has put together all year and they squeeked by relying on unforced mistakes to win. This is on coaching. When so many teams win not because they force turnovers but because players fumble and lose the ball for no reason, that is on coaching.

The steelers were out coached today. But it is another game they SHOULD have won.

The steelers have NEVER played a full game of football this year and i see no reason to think they going to.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Dallas is NOT better than us. This was probably the best game dallas has put together all year and they squeeked by relying on unforced mistakes to win. This is on coaching. When so many teams win not because they force turnovers but because players fumble and lose the ball for no reason, that is on coaching.

The steelers were out coached today. But it is another game they SHOULD have won.

The steelers have NEVER played a full game of football this year and i see no reason to think they going to.

good teams don't make unforced mistakes, good teams capitalize on their opponents mistakes.

good teams sometimes win by superior game planning and coaching, and good teams play full games of football

we did none of those. how does this make us better than the cowboys?

ANY nfl team could say in any given weeks (barring serious blowouts) saying 'if we just made this play, if our guy didnt do this, if if if if',

IF we're saying that week in, week out, maybe, we just aren't that good? just being real here

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
good teams don't make unforced mistakes, good teams capitalize on their opponents mistakes.

good teams sometimes win by superior game planning and coaching, and good teams play full games of football

we did none of those. how does this make us better than the cowboys?

ANY nfl team could say in any given weeks (barring serious blowouts) saying 'if we just made this play, if our guy didnt do this, if if if if',

IF we're saying that week in, week out, maybe, we just aren't that good? just being real here

We are not above being a mediocre team. Period.

Most of the homers here can't admit it to themselves.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
if brown didn't fumble
if ben didn't throw a game losing pick
if the line blocked better and didn't get ben sacked 2 times in a row in a critical drive
if we capitalized on a turnover from them
if our special teams didnt give up a big return
if our defense was ready for a run on 3rd and goal from the 3

good teams don't say if, if, if, they get it done, period. We had PLENTY chances to win and didn't get it done.

and you can't pin this loss only on brown, this was a team loss

eafratitpm3
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm sick of hearing about injuries and this team, at the end of the day it comes down to coaching. Every team in the League has injuries but their Coach's seem to get their teams ready week to week. There's a problem when the same things happen game after game and nothing EVER gets fixed. Game after game it's the same things, Special Teams, No Pass Rush, Cannot Protect the Ball, Cannot Force turnovers. Playing down to bad teams, etc, etc... Coaching is the real problem and until this Staff gets fixed this Team will be a mediocre team at best with all this talent. All I can say is SHAME ON YOU MR ROONEY for letting this continue week after week.

WVABE
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I just wish Ben would play with a little urgecy like he does before the 2 minute warning.

he's damn near unstoppable.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't even wanna hear about injuries. Dallas is down plenty of people as well and still gave us a big dick sandwhich.

eafratitpm3
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
The middle of the field was open the whole game but in OT he decides to throw a long out, WTF!!!! Situational awareness!

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't even wanna hear about injuries. Dallas is down plenty of people as well and still gave us a big dick sandwhich.

Thank you, the dick sandwich comment took a little sting away

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
yKhyj5Szmks

maddog78
12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
There are maybe four or five teams in the league who are not better than the Steelers.

This team stinks on ice.

MillerMania83
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
If not for Ben pulling 2 plays out of his ass that lead to 2 TD's, Dal most likely would have BLOWN US OUT....They dominated us for the most part...But those 2 plays made a HUGE difference and kept us in the game, gave them a chance and confidence, but Antonio's fumble took all that away....Dallas most certainly was the better team today....They made the play to win, when we had that chance, we let our QB get sacked on back to back plays and took that chance away from us.

casteeler
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm sick of hearing about injuries and this team, at the end of the day it comes down to coaching. Every team in the League has injuries but their Coach's seem to get their teams ready week to week. There's a problem when the same things happen game after game and nothing EVER gets fixed. Game after game it's the same things, Special Teams, No Pass Rush, Cannot Protect the Ball, Cannot Force turnovers. Playing down to bad teams, etc, etc... Coaching is the real problem and until this Staff gets fixed this Team will be a mediocre team at best with all this talent. All I can say is SHAME ON YOU MR ROONEY for letting this continue week after week.

Absolutely,shame on the Rooneys. This team is a fu*%ing joke. What the hell is Tomlin and his coaching staff doing? These blunders are not isolated events they are week after week occurrences that are not corrected.Every team in the NFL has injuries and most of the teams find decent replacements.

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
The less injured team won, not the better team.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM

that's just making excuses at this point. injuries didn't cause the many mental mistakes that could have made the difference in this game, it as very winnable

and speaking of injuries, maybe woodley should have stayed on the injured list, worilds has been outplaying him

Mhoram
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Key starters out for Dallas

1. Sean Lee - LB
2. Bruce Carter - LB
3. Ernie Simms - LB
4. Barry Church - SS
5. Claiborne - CB
6. Ratliff
7. Dez with broken finger but played
8. Ware Hurt
9. Josh Brent - We all know what he did.

All that plus an offensive line that has had more than it's share of problems. I don't want to hear about your injuries when the Cowboys had just as many injuries to handicap them.

The better team did win today. Can't believe Garrett out coached tomlin but he did.

Mhoram
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Have you even looked at the injuries to Dallas?

MillerMania83
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
that's just making excuses at this point. injuries didn't cause the many mental mistakes that could have made the difference in this game, it as very winnable

and speaking of injuries, maybe woodley should have stayed on the injured list, worilds has been outplaying him

Oh ya mean Woodley palyed today (sarcasm) ya coulda fooled me....TERRIBLE!!!!

Mhoram
12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Have you seen the Cowboys injuries? I think they are just as injured as your team.

TRH
12-16-2012, 10:25 PM
i think its clear - the better team won today. We have many improvements to make to start competing at an elite level. The fact is, like it or not, we're just NOT that good.