PDA

View Full Version : Official Dallas Post Game Goat/Bitching thread

WVABE
12-16-2012, 07:51 PM
kiss my ass

Terminator
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Fuck him and Emmanuel Sanders.

I don't even know what to say anymore about this team.

White_Steel_Wolfe
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
kiss my ass

Agree

casteeler
12-16-2012, 07:53 PM
I feel sorry for Miller and Suisham they have to play with these self destructing a**holes

GoFor7
Yinzer nation is upset at Mike Wallace because he dare hold out against the Steelers.

Maybe they should be more angry at Antonio Brown, he actually took the money.

montana49
This is my first post......Call it what you want...This team and the SAME PLAYERS make the same mistakes week after week after week. It's frustrating....Another fumble by the same guy turns the game and the one that won't even be talked about is running out of bounds with 1min left and not makeing Dallas use a Timeout. We should have lost there..

Tomlin will get another $$$ Paycheck this week though and next week the same guys will come out and do the same stupid stuff. They are not being coached up and it's frustrating!

TRH
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Antonio Brown = singlehandedly lost this game for us today. Can anyone even count all of his mistakes and gaffe's of today on one hand?????

I like Brown - but he's solely responsible this time - really

White_Steel_Wolfe
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Fuck this team. We are absolutely garbage.

Carolina beating SD no problem. 7-7.

I fully expect us to end 7-9

dcsteel5804
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I understand the frustration, but at the end of the day, players play. I'm pretty sure that Tomlin and the coaches stressed ball security to all the players after the stains debacle. Some heard, some didn't. I think we know who those people are

montana49
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
It won't even matter if we get in as the sixth seed. Going to Denver probably and this team is not stopping Peyton Manning.

TRH
12-16-2012, 07:57 PM
From this point on, i'm not sure whether to call them the Pittsburgh Fumblers or the Pittsburgh Turnovers. Steelers? Thats only a distant memory now.

I'm leaning towards the Fumblers. Interceptions happen and truthfully there haven't been that many. That last one was a great play by the defender. The fumbles on the other hand were downright dreadful.

Kanata-Steeler
....and now it's costing us. I'll say it one more time.
Batch has more determination and passion to win, in his OLD baby finger, than Ben has right now.
Ben's roller-coaster need to pass is killing us when he should be more TEAM-wise, and less self-FULL.,
and Tomlin is a FOOL, and/or doesn't have the knowledge to deal with this obvious, and hazourdous transformation.

MACH1
Lets keep all the bitching in here please.

Game goat : what can Brown do for you.

nj1923steelgirl
Todays game was beyond frustrating....and it was worse to watch....

montana49
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I understand the frustration, but at the end of the day, players play. I'm pretty sure that Tomlin and the coaches stressed ball security to all the players after the stains debacle. Some heard, some didn't. I think we know who those people are

Totally disagree..It's the same people week after week. A) They are not being coached they keep doing it.. B) If they are being coached and not doing it then you put their overpayed asses on the bench and play someone that will do what you teach them to do.

Either way neither is happening and both are a sign of coaching.

Blacksburg Zach
Yep, Antonio Brown is the game's goat.

eafratitpm3
Can you please put the official Cincinnati and Official Cleveland bitch thread up now to save some time over the next two weeks?

SteelCurtain5643
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Fuck this. I am so beyond pissed right now. Secondary sucks fat dick. Brown is a dumb fuck he basically gave Dallas the game. Once again another golden opprotunity to gain ground on the Ratbirds and they fucking blow it. This pathetic team doesnt deserve to make the playoffs, THEY SUCK. If we don't beat Cinci next week, forget it. Fucking 7-7, makes me wanna puke, there is no fucking way in fucking hell we should be 7-7. NONE

casteeler
What's worse is there will be people saying "all we have to do is beat Cincy and Cleveland". Seriously? Let this miserable season end,clean fu*%ing house and return next year

Kanata-Steeler
Mistakes?,
The Cowboys, and the Chargers BOTH suck, but now, we suck more !
:(

Alsteel
it's plain and simple they are not well coached

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Batch has more determination and passion to win, in his OLD baby finger, than Ben has right now.
Ben's roller-coaster need to pass is killing us when he should be more TEAM-wise, and less self-FULL.,
and Tomlin is a FOOL, and/or doesn't have the knowledge to deal with this obvious, and hazourdous transformation.

Yinz right! Da stillers ain't need no stinkin' QB! Dat Bradshaw guy sucked too! Ah don't even know why dey even git dem QBs! Bunch a selfish sissy-boys dat only care 'bout dem stats n'at!

Now if yunz excuse me, ah gotta go count all 'em super bowls da stillers won in da 80's an' 90's wit-out no stinkin' QB!

fate0521
12-16-2012, 08:01 PM
What's worse is there will be people saying "all we have to do is beat Cincy and Cleveland". Seriously? Let this miserable season end,clean fu*%ing house and return next year

if we can't beat SD or Dallas, why would anyone think we'll beat Cincy or Cleveland

BlockMonsta
Fuck this. I am so beyond pissed right now. Secondary sucks fat dick. Brown is a dumb fuck he basically gave Dallas the game. Once again another golden opprotunity to gain ground on the Ratbirds and they fucking blow it. This pathetic team doesnt deserve to make the playoffs, THEY SUCK. If we don't beat Cinci next week, forget it. Fucking 7-7, makes me wanna puke, there is no fucking way in fucking hell we should be 7-7. NONE

They must not suck that bad if their on an nfl roster...unlike you.

Steel_Bus_24
Lord what a joke our offense has become.......They can't take two steps without turning it over

This couldn't have come at a worse time as our Defense is slumping...with injuries mounting

Everybody taking turns in helping the team lose games......That last pick by Ben was almost "Here I'll be the goat of the game"

We will not win another game if our pass rush continues to suck so bad.

Ricco Suavez
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I am going to take the week off from this board so everyone who loves to hate on everyone can have their fill. All I will say is kudos to Heath Miller, once again he proves to be the most effective receiver we have, kudos also to the defense, even though Romo moved the ball at will at times I thought they played well enough to win.

Now the Oline is still not up to par, we struggle to run and we struggle against the blitz. Antonio Brown had the worst game of his young career, the fumble was the turning point of the game. Ben was still not sharp and it showed on some low passes and the final pass while not a complete brain fart was ill advised.

Haley called a fair game, not great by any means. We did not mix the run and the pass well and certainly not in relationship to when they should of been called. Tomlin is head coach and like QB takes the lion shares of the blame. These mental mistakes ARE a reflection to coaching and as such he needs to be accountable.

With all that said we still can win out and make a run if healthy and if Ben is hot like earlier in the year. So for all the haters enjoy another week of Hate the Steelers, or as I like to call it "whoever is your favorite then its the other guys fault"

ohio blackngold
Can you please put the official Cincinnati and Official Cleveland bitch thread up now to save some time over the next two weeks?

it'll be a repeat of the last couple weeks..D can't stop grandma.. Tomlin can't coach.. o line is like swiss cheese with so many holes... wallace well he's wallace ..you know the song

JeromeBetties63

Bull. Ben made some great plays out there today. Our back up corners got picked apart by Romo today. AB imploded physically and mentally in the 4th quarter.

njsteeler87v2
Antonio Brown FTW (I mean for the goat). He needs to be left behind and walk home to the Burgh..

Mestlrfan

This

dcsteel5804
Totally disagree..It's the same people week after week. A) They are not being coached they keep doing it.. B) If they are being coached and not doing it then you put their overpayed asses on the bench and play someone that will do what you teach them to do.

Either way neither is happening and both are a sign of coaching.

The problem is, you can't put your best talent on the bench. I don't think we can sit here and say that the coaches aren't telling these guys to hold on to the ball. It coached from pee-wee up. Again, it comes down to execution. No one else fumbled today but Brown. Brown just came up really small and really stupid today.

He's an important player, and you can't just yank him because a bad series of plays. His potential to make a big play is too great. He has to man up and do better, the coaches can't do it for him

JeromeBetties63
12-16-2012, 08:03 PM
I am going to take the week off from this board so everyone who loves to hate on everyone can have their fill. All I will say is kudos to Heath Miller, once again he proves to be the most effective receiver we have, kudos also to the defense, even though Romo moved the ball at will at times I thought they played well enough to win.

Now the Oline is still not up to par, we struggle to run and we struggle against the blitz. Antonio Brown had the worst game of his young career, the fumble was the turning point of the game. Ben was still not sharp and it showed on some low passes and the final pass while not a complete brain fart was ill advised.

Haley called a fair game, not great by any means. We did not mix the run and the pass well and certainly not in relationship to when they should of been called. Tomlin is head coach and like QB takes the lion shares of the blame. These mental mistakes ARE a reflection to coaching and as such he needs to be accountable.

With all that said we still can win out and make a run if healthy and if Ben is hot like earlier in the year. So for all the haters enjoy another week of Hate the Steelers, or as I like to call it "whoever is your favorite then its the other guys fault"

Heath makes the tackle at the half yard line in OT...that guy is just a baller. :hatsoff:

ohio blackngold
12-16-2012, 08:03 PM
if we can't beat SD or Dallas, why would anyone think we'll beat Cincy or Cleveland

cause we're Steeler fans and that's what we do:noidea:

Rotorhead
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
All ST killed us, this is the worst ST in the league by far. Were finally starting to get healthy and we lose Lewis too, it us unbelievable to have to play 6th and 7th CBs in an important game like this, then Redman gets rolling and is injured too, WTF, can we have a season not devastated by injuries?

montana49
it's plain and simple they are not well coached

^THIS

Please show me when Bill Belichick's Teams do this..And "IF" they do please show me when they do it consistently week after week.

Darkstorm05
Goats:

Brown
Special Teams
The losers we have filling in our injured secondary

Disappointments:

Pass rush
Dwyer
Troy

maddog78
Sorry, this team finds ways to lose every week. Absolutely zero hope they can win on the road in the playoffs, so the best thing that can happen is 7-9 and a better draft pick.

I'm officially rooting against the Steelers the last two weeks.

JeromeBetties63
12-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Victorian looked totally clueless

Blackout
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Game Ball goes to Brown.

eafratitpm3

nj1923steelgirl
Right now all I can say is we are playing like crap.......

dcsteel5804
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Everyone who's blaming the coaching, I don't know how you can do that. We're not at the practices so we don't know what being said / taught. You can't just assume that its coaching. Players play this game. They execute, or not. There's a difference between bad / predictable play calling and bad ball security.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Hey, pussies, read my thread.

Fucking soft ass fans.

TRH
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Goats:

Brown
Special Teams

Disappointments:

Pass rush
Dwyer
Troy

Absolutely.
I would say :

Brown = is it possible to be a "triple" goat????
Pass rush - non-existent AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Special teams = so horrible i can't even describe here. At least we have a good kicker and punter

maddog78
12-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Moved? Who is the fascist moderator who moved a football discussion?

ChristianKustomz
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Garbage does not spruce the magnitude of how ridiculously self defeating this absurd team has become. It's unstable and inconsistent!

I do not hate people at all but it is a word that seems to suit very well the way I am feeling inside.

If Tomlin doesn't show some kind of reaction to his piss poor coaching I will just dream till I have no voice!

Yes Tomlin IS to blame. Him and his staff were the ones to hire these monkeys. Wallace is worthless and Brown is inconsistant at best. The play calls, our special teams that looks like a monkey fu--ing a football, our defense being hot one week and cold the next to the non-blocking offense and dropped passes. The penalties and stupid mistakes! He'll right down to the stupid play calling. How we made it this far is beyond me!

This is the worst team we have ever had hands down. Let's not even mention the consistent fact we play down to teams that are below us! This is terrible!

Screw this team right now. Pardon me...I don't mean team because that requires people to work together which they are not...screw this jersey wearing football playing individuals. They have not proven to be a team this year.

Fire everyone and start over!

Kanata-Steeler
12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Yinz right! Da stillers ain't need no stinkin' QB! Dat Bradshaw guy sucked too! Ah don't even know why dey even git dem QBs! Bunch a selfish sissy-boys dat only care 'bout dem stats n'at!

Now if yunz excuse me, ah gotta go count all 'em super bowls da stillers won in da 80's an' 90's wit-out no stinkin' QB!

Sure i'll help with that one. ok, let's see now. That would be:

"4" (in the 70's) for TB and the entire Steelers team, especially the "D" -The original Steel Curtain.

and "2" lately, thanks to our Steel Curtain 3, which also decided to give Ben a ring, for sportmansship.
But sadly, we should have won the most recent one against GB, but BEN, and the "O", blew it.

There we go, nice and neat now,
Yo, now we all re-ducate our dum asze's

Rotorhead
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Victorian cant even tackle

MACH1
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Moved? Who is the fascist moderator who moved a football discussion?

I did got a problem with it bandwagoner?

Blacksburg Zach
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Most valuable Cowgirl? Antonio Brown, without a doubt.

ktm5411
With the active roster as it is right now, the Steelers are simply no longer a good football team. Then you throw in guys who are unable to secure the football, unable to catch the football, unable to wrap up, unable to make good decisions and couple that with poor coaching and you have a football team who can't beat Cleveland, Oakland, Tennessee, San Diego and definitely not Dallas. It's easy to think "Oh just beat Cincinnati and Cleveland and we're set." As it is this team is not a Playoff team. With the sadistic nature of this team they will be lucky to end .500.

montana49
Everyone who's blaming the coaching, I don't know how you can do that. We're not at the practices so we don't know what being said / taught. You can't just assume that its coaching. Players play this game. They execute, or not. There's a difference between bad / predictable play calling and bad ball security.

^Crap

It's the same ball security issues week after week. That is a coaching problem it's not like today is the first time it happened.

By the way...When is the last game we played that we have not fumbled the ball away??
But it's not a problem....Whatever?!.

steelcityboyz
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
it's plain and simple they are not well coachedDing Ding Ding! Winning answer.

Alsteel
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Victorian looked totally clueless

Yea he can't cover or tackle,where the hell they got him from ?

TRH
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
yeah, how could i have forgotten Victorian in my goat list?

Goat list one more time :
Antonio Brown
Antonio Brown
Antonio Brown
Antonio Brown
Victorian
pass rush (the non-existence of it)
special teams (Suisham/Butler excluded)

JeromeBetties63
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Most valuable Cowgirl? Antonio Brown, without a doubt.

The fumble was bad enough, but then he just collapsed mentally. Miller is the only tough minded pass catcher on this team. We should have kept Hines Ward just to scream at these guys.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Sure i'll help with that one. ok, let's see now. That would be:

"4" (in the 70's) for TB and the entire Steelers team, especially the "D" -The original Steel Curtain.

and "2" lately, thanks to our Steel Curtain 3, which also decided to give Ben a ring, for sportmansship.
But sadly, we should have won the most recent one against GB, but BEN, and the "O", blew it.

There we go, nice and neat now,
Yo, now we all re-ducate our dum asze's

Dats right! Dem super bowls in da 70's were so great dey count fer da 80's and 90's!

Ah say cut Ben! He ain't even done nothin' since he got here n'at! Every loss is his fault! BOOOOOOO ON BEN! BOOOOOOOO! He gotta make dem receivers catch da ball n'at!

BOOOOOOOOO! BEN STINKS! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

eafratitpm3
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Why would you as a Steeler Fan want to see your team back into the Playoffs to get embarassed yet again by the Denver Broncos! I have been a faithful Steeler Fan for 40+ years and I would have to say this team is the worst coached/prepared team I have had the misfortune to watch. This team should play under the "Big Top" with their circus acts, barnum & Bailey would be proud of this group!

sloppyjoe
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
why not throw a couple bombs at the end of regulation and hope for a PI call to put us in FG range to win it in regulation?
seeing that PI are handed out like candy on halloween in the nfl these days, it was a gamble with little to no risk.

dallas had already burned all of their timeouts and had conceeded regulation by not attempting a 61 yd fg or going for it. they opted to punt and pin us deep and hope their defense could hold us.
even if dallas would have picked off opne of those bombs, they would have taken a knee to get to overtime.

tomlin couldnt count on his defense in overtime seeing that #35 (and everyone else)was absolutely getting abused. what was he banking on, that we win the coin toss?

this jackass cant think his way out of a wet paper bag

casteeler
12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
You can't say Tomlin is a bad coach around here:wave:

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
why not throw a couple bombs at the end of regulation and hope for a PI call to put us in FG range to win it in regulation?
seeing that PI are handed out like candy on halloween in the nfl these days, it was a gamble with little to no risk.

dallas had already burned all of their timeouts and had conceeded regulation by not attempting a 61 yd fg or going for it. they opted to punt and pin us deep and hope their defense could hold us.
even if dallas would have picked off opne of those bombs, they would have taken a knee to get to overtime.

tomlin couldnt count on his defense in overtime seeing that #35 (and everyone else)was absolutely getting abused. what was he banking on, that we win the coin toss?

this jackass cant think his way out of a wet paper bag

Actually, game management wasn't -as- bad today as it was against San Diego.

The more glaring problem is that this team just isn't focused. The "young money crew" has turned into the "Loose Change Crew." These guys are so full of themselves (dancing after 4 yards catches, etc.) and Tomlin doesn't help by acting buddy-buddy with them. They need to be reminded they haven't won anything yet.

frunko1
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I almost hate to say it.... but

I wonder if Arians was more of a coach to this team then Tomlin ever was. This team has been slowly falling apart all year, and now it is just embarrassing. We have an all time losing record to Dallas now, first loss to chargers in pittsburgh, and the defense is falling apart.

So sad. Does anyone really expect this team to put together 6 straight wins? If not should just attempt a better draft spot.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Chance of winning the SB now is 1%. Wanna take that chance or sit down and cry like children? I am guessing most of you will choose the latter.

VegasStlrFan
12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
While everyone is blaming this on Brown (he did have several bonehead plays), i'd like to point out that our $105 Million Man had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game not once but twice and he came away with back to back sacks and an INT.

Tulsa
all you people who don't live around a bunch of dallas fans are lucky.

Life is gonna suck for a while for me.

eafratitpm3
No he's not a bad coach. Bad coaching is when things happen time and time again without being fixed, oh wait, he's a BAD BAD BAD coach! Put he speaks very well after every bad performance that his team PUTS ON TAPE AND OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!!:banging::banging::banging::banging::bangin g::banging::banging:You can't say Tomlin is a bad coach around here:wave:

maddog78
12-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Chance of winning the SB now is 1%. Wanna take that chance or sit down and cry like children? I am guessing most of you will choose the latter.

99% of a much better draft pick if you lose out?

I'm in.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
While everyone is blaming this on Brown (he did have several bonehead plays), i'd like to point out that our $105 Million Man had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game not once but twice and he came away with back to back sacks and an INT.

1.) The sacks weren't all on him. The o-line's blocking was awful in that series when he got sacked twice in a row.

2.) Yes, Ben had an up-and-down game. The reason people are blaming Brown is because had he held onto the ball on the punt return, the Steelers could have just milked the clock.

3.) It's pathetic to see Steeler fans hate Ben this much. Are you just over-reacting about a bad game? Or are you worried that Ben might become bigger than the Steeler logo? Well for one, QBs have bad games sometimes, especially when their WRs drop easy passes. Second, Ben already is bigger than the logo.

Steel_Bus_24

Yep I acknowledge it....Everybody is playing like a clueless little kid

Its the same cluster**** we've been seeing since KC.

The only practice and preparation this team looks to put in, is sitting on their ass all week playing the upcoming team on Madden

ZoneBlitzer
I had a feeling that this loss was coming. I said it would be closer but that they had too much to overcome in the secondary and that they were still turnover prone.

Here's the deal:

All year long this team has had problems with turnovers and shooting themselves in the foot. Surprised to see it again today? I'm not.

Antonio Brown whom I once loved, has turned out to be dumber than a box of nails. The kid has lost his swagger and evidently has very little, if any,real sound football IQ. This kid would never make it past training camp with the Patriots based on his stupidity.

The defensive scheme has kept this season alive. It would've been over a long time ago were it not for the defense.

And Ben, as much as I love the guy, is just not clutch anymore. I'm no longer confident when he has the ball at the end of games. It seems like things are evening out for Ben. One of his greatest strengths as a player is quietly diminishing. He's turning into Brett Favre.

The team, ravaged by injuries and undisciplined play has been valiantly limping along all year like a proud wounded animal.

They will be out out of their misery soon. And it won't be the Bengals or Browns that do them in. It will be themselves.

BleedPurple
12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
From a fan of one imploding team to another, wanted to offer commiseration. League is creaming their pants at our collapse, it will be a Manning/Brady AFCCG with either a Manning brother superbowl or a Pats/Giants redux.

Makes me sick. Cheers. :drink:

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
99% of a much better draft pick if you lose out?

I'm in.

Ok *****, you aren't a real fan.

frunko1
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Ok *****, you aren't a real fan.

If you aren't going to win the superbowl, then the season is a loss.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
From a fan of one imploding team to another, wanted to offer commiseration. League is creaming their pants at our collapse, it will be a Manning/Brady AFCCG with either a Manning brother superbowl or a Pats/Giants redux.

Makes me sick. Cheers. :drink:

Agreed about Manning-Brady

But the Giants are falling apart as well

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:33 PM
If you aren't going to win the superbowl, then the season is a loss.

:hatsoff: exactly

2nd place gets you nothing but a terrible draft pick

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I should have been a little more fair to the Defense.....They have been battling hard for weeks(Though the Pass Rush is pathetic)

But the Injuries are setting them back.....and the offense is as sh***y as ever, and isn't helping them out in their time of need

The_Joker
Can one of you fuckers call Tomlin and tell him to blow the season?

Thanks armchair generals!

Terminator
Why are James Harrison and Lamar Woodley constantly dropping back for coverage?

WVABE
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
at least we didn't get shut out like the SB champs.

pancake
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Antonio Brown = singlehandedly lost this game for us today. Can anyone even count all of his mistakes and gaffe's of today on one hand?????

I like Brown - but he's solely responsible this time - really

I thought he cost us with the fumble in the Raider game.

This WR core can't hold on to the ball...

Tulsa
It would be better if I thought anything was gonna change. But we aren't getting rid of Tomlin. And it's pretty frickin obvious he ain't getting any smarter. So, I guess I'm still looking around for where the hope is.

VegasStlrFan
1.) The sacks weren't all on him. The o-line's blocking was awful in that series when he got sacked twice in a row.

2.) Yes, Ben had an up-and-down game. The reason people are blaming Brown is because had he held onto the ball on the punt return, the Steelers could have just milked the clock.

3.) It's pathetic to see Steeler fans hate Ben this much. Are you just over-reacting about a bad game? Or are you worried that Ben might become bigger than the Steeler logo? Well for one, QBs have bad games sometimes, especially when their WRs drop easy passes. Second, Ben already is bigger than the logo.

There never all on him...everyone pounds on the D, the Oline, a 3rd string CB, a recievers and the QB gets a pass, thats BS.

Kanata-Steeler
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Why are James Harrison and Lamar Woodley constantly dropping back for coverage?

How come Harrison "sacked" Homo/Romo,..., ? AND, how come AB, AND, Ben cost us this game ?

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Isn't this the 3rd game in a row where Sanders fumbled another one?

Lord of Lombardi
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Glad to see Troy has retired. I've never seen him not tackle purposely. He should have retired 4 injuries ago!

Brown continues to play with the same dumb ass lack of intensity as last week in the end zone when he ran past the ball and let SD fall on it for a TD. He too costs us this game. How does stupid run out of bounds on 3rd and 26? Or move back 60 yards to receive a punt. Nice one.

Watch these players, they are not playing for Two bit Tomlin any more. I never thought I'd miss the days of our punter walking off the field afraid to get spit on by Bill Cowher once again. Tomlin cannot get this team to get up to the right level.

Ben dirt's a ball after making a spectacular play for a TD the drive before. How can he SUCK and be so good other plays. Can't take two sacks in a row when the game is in the balance.

These players are just plain STOOPID simpletons. Clear to see we are not as good as other teams. Oakland, TN, Cleveland, SD. Those loses are comical. Kind of defines who this team is.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Oh, and if anyone of you have dreams of beating the Bengals next week, allow me to point out to you that our starting Cornerback is a scrub from the practice squad named Josh Victorian, who couldn't cover the ground if he fucking fell on it.

frunko1
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I thought he cost us with the fumble in the Raider game.

This WR core can't hold on to the ball...

I want the starting receivers to be plax and cotch. Then wallace then brown.

Screw these young guys who can't show up when it matters. Plax didn't even dress today, that was stupid. It would be nice to have someone big and physical out there.

Lord of Lombardi
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=WVABE;1065362]at least we didn't get shut out like the SB champs.[/QUOTE

. If we lose to the Browns, San Diego and Dallas (not to mention Oakland, TN) do you really want to brag about not getting shut out?

SteelWarrior69
The Bad
ST Blows, Troy missing tackles all over the place,AB fucking up all over the place, DB's playing 7-8 yds off their receivers and geez bryant was injured, no pass rush, Woodley getting too fat to play OLB maybe he ought to fill in for hampton, and my Grandma appears more spry then half the unit today,and no running game

The Good
Heath Miller snagging balls all over the place, Ben eluding the pass rush our OL cant handle, Scored 24pts

frunko1
Glad to see Troy has retired. I've never seen him not tackle purposely. He should have retired 4 injuries ago!

Brown continues to play with the same dumb ass lack of intensity as last week in the end zone when he ran past the ball and let SD fall on it for a TD. He too costs us this game. How does stupid run out of bounds on 3rd and 26? Or move back 60 yards to receive a punt. Nice one.

Watch these players, they are not playing for Two bit Tomlin any more. I never thought I'd miss the days of our punter walking off the field afraid to get spit on by Bill Cowher once again. Tomlin cannot get this team to get up to the right level.

Ben dirt's a ball after making a spectacular play for a TD the drive before. How can he SUCK and be so good other plays. Can't take two sacks in a row when the game is in the balance.

These players are just plain STOOPID simpletons. Clear to see we are not as good as other teams. Oakland, TN, Cleveland, SD. Those loses are comical. Kind of defines who this team is.

Troy saved a touchdown on that missed tackle by our practice squad fellow. He blew up two people to make the tackle. He didn't miss on that one play where he jumped, he was trying to rip the ball out.

Also I am seriously starting to wonder if our hated ex coordinator wasn't more of a coach to this team then Tomlin. Look what he is doing in Indy with a bunch of rookies.

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
On that last drive before Regulation ended....

How the Flying F**** do you call a Play Action Pass, from under the center, on 2nd and 18?????????
http://images20.fotki.com/v682/photos/0/1685060/8895181/sellxd-vi.png

Why the hell would any defense respect the run there.....What a pathetic play call

Kanata-Steeler
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Someone here warned, me last week, "... if you think losing to the Chargers, the way we embarrassingly did last week is something, then wait 'till, (god-forbid), we lose to the Cowboys this week, then this forum will go nuts !...."

Well, they were right, and it did, as it should.

MillerMania83
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
So disappointing these days....Just game after game mistakes/turnovers are happening and killing our season....Antonio Brown's fumble turned the game totally around....But both sides of the ball are just BAD right now...Dallas put up over 400 yrds today, anyone who thought our D was good enough today, WRONG....If not for 2 really big plays by Ben to lead to TD's, we probably get BLOWN OUT AGAIN TODAY....The tackling, a basic thing of the sport, TACKLING, is so piss poor by out D most of the time it's pathetic....We get absolutely NO PASS RUSH unless we send some kind of blitz, and even then most of the time then they dont get to the QB....I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD, but I'm a realist too, I've been saying it for weeks, this team is not good....I know Woodley was out there today, but did he really play, TERRIBLE....Will Troy ever make a game changing play again, dont look that way, he's non existant out there....We dont have one guy on out team that would make that play Carr did on the int in OT to set Dallas up for the win, and really, thats just SAD....I wish we had a team of Heath Miller's, maybe then we'd play with heart, ghive a 100%, and show that we really care about winning and doing the right things ya need to do to WIN...This team will get CRUSHED in the playoffs (I dont think they will make it anyway)....But look on the bright side, I dont think we had any penalties against us today except for the one that wasoffset cuz Dallas had one too that play, thats a positive from todays game anyway, lol.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
There never all on him...everyone pounds on the D, the Oline, a 3rd string CB, a recievers and the QB gets a pass, thats BS.

Do you read these forums after a loss? Ben ALWAYS gets shit on for a loss.

MillerMania83
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
You ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE...Bottom line...and we are truly a 7-7 team with losses to Oak, Tenn, Clev, SD and now a so so Dall team, really NUFF SAID.

Lizard72
12-16-2012, 09:00 PM
This feels like when you're playing Madden and are destroying a team and somehow they start turning the ball over all over the place. To the point that you are hitting the dive button as soon as you catch it!

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 09:03 PM
This feels like when you're playing Madden and are destroying a team and somehow they start turning the ball over all over the place. To the point that you are hitting the dive button as soon as you catch it!

Someone has to adjust the Steelers Fumble Slider

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Ben played as well as he could. I really believe he is playing with a lot of pain. I'm not saying that is an excuse, but as someone pointed out -ie Heath Miller snagging balls left and right - Ben's throws have been off since he's been back. I'm not talking about INT - that was a great play. Ben is the least of the team's concerns right now though - although it would help if he was healthier than he seems to be. He shouldn't be rusty anymore.

My biggest concern is complacency. What is hilarious is that this team has youth injected in key areas - and you'd think they would be much hungrier than this. After Wallace's huge catch, I see him and Brown hamming it up on the sideline and acting big and bad as if they did something so fantasmical. You caught a pass to put your team in a position to score. Big effin deal -THAT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB. Antonio Brown - he really hasn't had his head in the game since his return. Sure - he's had a couple first down catches (with the annoying celebration) - but honestly - who can this team count on?

They continue to lose and celebrate plays that should be commonplace. If they somehow manage to squeeze into the playoffs - they are frauds not capable of hanging with the big boys.

TRH
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Ben played as well as he could. I really believe he is playing with a lot of pain. I'm not saying that is an excuse, but as someone pointed out -ie Heath Miller snagging balls left and right - Ben's throws have been off since he's been back. I'm not talking about INT - that was a great play. Ben is the least of the team's concerns right now though - although it would help if he was healthier than he seems to be. He shouldn't be rusty anymore.

My biggest concern is complacency. What is hilarious is that this team has youth injected in key areas - and you'd think they would be much hungrier than this. After Wallace's huge catch, I see him and Brown hamming it up on the sideline and acting big and bad as if they did something so fantasmical. You caught a pass to put your team in a position to score. Big effin deal -THAT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB. Antonio Brown - he really hasn't had his head in the game since his return. Sure - he's had a couple first down catches (with the annoying celebration) - but honestly - who can this team count on?

They continue to lose and celebrate plays that should be commonplace. If they somehow manage to squeeze into the playoffs - they are frauds not capable of hanging with the big boys.

I completely agree.
Ben and Heath have both been playing great and with passion as well.

Brown - i have no idea what the hell is wroing with him.
the S/T' play is byeond a goddamn joke
our offense line can't open holes if they had to save their lives to do so
and our RB's pretty much all suck at this point

That said - i think the defense is even WORSE

The Curtain's Crusader
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
My thoughts from the game thread:

Isn't the definition of insanity something like doing the same thing and expecting different results? Not sure why I tune in every week expecting things to be different. They had a few games where you could see a GOOD team playing well and doing well in the playoffs, but in reality, it's usually just the same stupid mistakes. The team just isn't very good. And if they don't win the next two weeks I can live with them not getting a playoff spot, because they really don't deserve it.

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
http://images59.fotki.com/v112/photos/0/1685060/8895181/cryinghystericallyandfalldown-vi.gif

This Gif pretty much represents our offense to this point

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Anyone thinking the game loss is on Ben is out of their damn minds. Special Teams, and by that I mean Antonio Brown lost us this game. It would be easy to blame the secondary but we all knew our 3rd stringers would suck balls out there. Bottom line is if Brown didn't make FOUR costly errors by dropping an easy 1st down pass, going out of bounds to stop the clock in the fourth allowing Dallas to save a time out and get more time, not getting under the 40 yard punt and letting it bounce to the 20, and of course the biggest error of all, fumbling the football because he was holding the ball away from his body like it had a venereal disease, then we would have easily won this game.

Look at the tape, if you are even able to. Brown needs to have his game check taken away. And this is exactly why game check penalties should be included in every players contract.

torpedoshell31
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Part of the reason for so many WR fumbles is that they are so darn physically small. They are fast little track stars, but as soon as any contact is made the ball comes flying out. I agree that Plex should be in there, he might not get much separation, but he can catch the ball and he's not going to fumble it.

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
According to some idiots on these boards, we should cut Ben, trade AB and fire Tomlin and his entire staff. I know what you're saying to yourself, 'but SteelersCanada, they need some pretty sound logic and great reasoning for such drastic moves!' and I say nay, sir. Stupidity doesn't require sound logic, just an overreaction to a season that has been marred with injuries to all of our pro bowl players and underperforming from our top guys.

Let's get frustrated about the right things here, guys. Let's not ask for Tomlin's head and forget what Ben has done for this team over the years. Fuck that, let's not forget what Ben did in this last game for us.

KentGraham
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Garbage does not spruce the magnitude of how ridiculously self defeating this absurd team has become. It's unstable and inconsistent!

I do not hate people at all but it is a word that seems to suit very well the way I am feeling inside.

If Tomlin doesn't show some kind of reaction to his piss poor coaching I will just dream till I have no voice!

Yes Tomlin IS to blame. Him and his staff were the ones to hire these monkeys. Wallace is worthless and Brown is inconsistant at best. The play calls, our special teams that looks like a monkey fu--ing a football, our defense being hot one week and cold the next to the non-blocking offense and dropped passes. The penalties and stupid mistakes! He'll right down to the stupid play calling. How we made it this far is beyond me!

This is the worst team we have ever had hands down. Let's not even mention the consistent fact we play down to teams that are below us! This is terrible!

Screw this team right now. Pardon me...I don't mean team because that requires people to work together which they are not...screw this jersey wearing football playing individuals. They have not proven to be a team this year.

Fire everyone and start over!

Worst team we've EVER had? C'mon dude, when did you start following the Steelers? Remember the Kordell years? Kent Graham? Bubby Brister? 7-9 and 6-10 under cowher in '98 and '99. With Ben there's always a chance, hence the hypothetical optimism for the next two games.

But, yeah. This game was vile and I want to puke. But, for the fucking UNBELIEVABLE amount of injuries we had in the secondary, STARTING Victorian who was just signed off the PS... didn't surprise me the pass defense looked like a bunch of girls running to the mall with their panties around their ankles. It was a sickening loss, but the offense showed signs of life, despit the fucking stupid fumbles and horrific mental mistakes, mainly by Brown. Wallace had the best game of the season. It's a shame it went to waste.

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Part of the reason for so many WR fumbles is that they are so darn physically small. They are fast little track stars, but as soon as any contact is made the ball comes flying out. I agree that Plex should be in there, he might not get much separation, but he can catch the ball and he's not going to fumble it.

honestly - I'd like to just have some slower possession receivers at this point. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY DO THEIR FUCKING JOB - CATCHING THE BALL, and then . . . HOLD ONTO IT WHEN YOU CATCH IT

eafratitpm3
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Well said! Keep this Thread because it will be needed for the next two weeks. Every week we as Steeler fans think that the Steelers were given a wake up call but it seems they hit the SNOOZE button and go back to sleep. They will have a nice long wake up call watching the playoffs from their couches where they belong, the only Pro Bowler on this team is Heath Miller. Ben IMO is so overrated, I can't imagine how bad he wold be if he had a great Offensive Line, listen to my logic. Every great play/throw he makes is when he is pressured. If you look at his career every BONEHEADED INT he throws there is absolutely no one around him. So disappointing these days....Just game after game mistakes/turnovers are happening and killing our season....Antonio Brown's fumble turned the game totally around....But both sides of the ball are just BAD right now...Dallas put up over 400 yrds today, anyone who thought our D was good enough today, WRONG....If not for 2 really big plays by Ben to lead to TD's, we probably get BLOWN OUT AGAIN TODAY....The tackling, a basic thing of the sport, TACKLING, is so piss poor by out D most of the time it's pathetic....We get absolutely NO PASS RUSH unless we send some kind of blitz, and even then most of the time then they dont get to the QB....I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD, but I'm a realist too, I've been saying it for weeks, this team is not good....I know Woodley was out there today, but did he really play, TERRIBLE....Will Troy ever make a game changing play again, dont look that way, he's non existant out there....We dont have one guy on out team that would make that play Carr did on the int in OT to set Dallas up for the win, and really, thats just SAD....I wish we had a team of Heath Miller's, maybe then we'd play with heart, ghive a 100%, and show that we really care about winning and doing the right things ya need to do to WIN...This team will get CRUSHED in the playoffs (I dont think they will make it anyway)....But look on the bright side, I dont think we had any penalties against us today except for the one that wasoffset cuz Dallas had one too that play, thats a positive from todays game anyway, lol.

steelersfan299
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Considering the fact that we lost a lot of veterans in the off-season, our pass rush is mediocre, we were without Troy Polamalu for a long time, and our offensive line couldn't improve much since we didn't have DeCastro until today, I can't be dissapointed if we finish 9-7.

GoFor7
Anyone thinking the game loss is on Ben is out of their damn minds. Special Teams, and by that I mean Antonio Brown lost us this game. It would be easy to blame the secondary but we all knew our 3rd stringers would suck balls out there. Bottom line is if Brown didn't make FOUR costly errors by dropping an easy 1st down pass, going out of bounds to stop the clock in the fourth allowing Dallas to save a time out and get more time, not getting under the 40 yard punt and letting it bounce to the 20, and of course the biggest error of all, fumbling the football because he was holding the ball away from his body like it had a venereal disease, then we would have easily won this game.

Look at the tape, if you are even able to. Brown needs to have his game check taken away. And this is exactly why game check penalties should be included in every players contract.

I laugh whenever some of these yinzers lay all the blame Ben because the WRs drop passes. The truth of the matter is, considering all of the issues on this team, Ben is nowhere close to being a problem. The real problem is, aside from Heath Miller and Max Starks, he's surrounded by absolute CLOWNS on this offense.

steelersfan299
Our losses to the Titans and Raiders were one-point victories too. If it wasn't for them we'd be 9-5.

maddog78
12-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Ben made a bad throw in OT, but if his WRs showed up today that game never would have gone to OT.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
According to some idiots on these boards, we should cut Ben, trade AB and fire Tomlin and his entire staff. I know what you're saying to yourself, 'but SteelersCanada, they need some pretty sound logic and great reasoning for such drastic moves!' and I say nay, sir. Stupidity doesn't require sound logic, just an overreaction to a season that has been marred with injuries to all of our pro bowl players and underperforming from our top guys.

Let's get frustrated about the right things here, guys. Let's not ask for Tomlin's head and forget what Ben has done for this team over the years. Fuck that, let's not forget what Ben did in this last game for us.

Was wondering when you were gonna show up. :hatsoff:

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Ben made a bad throw in OT, but if his WRs showed up today that game never would have gone to OT.

DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner!

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 09:36 PM
This is the funniest shit I've ever read. The worst team we've ever had? This is largely the same team that went 12 - 4 two years in a row and were in contention for a title in those years. We're a better team than our record, but don't let facts get in your way of making the dumbest argument I've read.

It's like someone asked a bunch of people that started watching football this season and asked what the Steelers should do this offseason. The stupidity and overreaction from some of these guys is laughable - it's like they forget the season three years ago when we went 9 - 7.

Was wondering when you were gonna show up. :hatsoff:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic!

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Our losses to the Titans and Raiders were one-point victories too. If it wasn't for them we'd be 9-5.

The only losses that were really bad were the Browns and Chargers. Rest were close and only stung for a bit, ala this one.

We'll be fine if we beat Cincy.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
This is the funniest shit I've ever read. The worst team we've ever had? This is largely the same team that went 12 - 4 two years in a row and were in contention for a title in those years. We're a better team than our record, but don't let facts get in your way of making the dumbest argument I've read.

It's like someone asked a bunch of people that started watching football this season and asked what the Steelers should do this offseason. The stupidity and overreaction from some of these guys is laughable - it's like they forget the season three years ago when we went 9 - 7.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic!

You hate the naysayers.

Just ribbing ya man :hatsoff:

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
You hate the naysayers.

Just ribbing ya man :hatsoff:

haha, I thought so. I'm completely cool with guys venting but saying this is the worst team we've ever had is.. well, yikes.

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 09:41 PM
The only losses that were really bad were the Browns and Chargers. Rest were close and only stung for a bit, ala this one.

We'll be fine if we beat Cincy.
Dude, I love the the optimism, seriously, but I just don't think we have what it takes this year. Not enough players are stepping up to make the big plays that win games but we have all too many willing to step down and lose it for us. WEEK AFTER WEEK.

I'm a lifelong Steeler fan and will always try and find the bright spots, but after a season where we should EASILY be sitting at 11-3, I have just lost any faith that we can pull out a deep run in the post season, and that's what it is really all about.

ChristianKustomz
I'm more pussed off with the fact we just sealed Baltimore in the playoffs. What the hell is the point in beating them if we are just going to hand them the playoffs 2 years in a row.

steelersfan299
[QUOTE=Quackjack;1065477]The only losses that were really bad were the Browns and Chargers. Rest were close and only stung for a bit, ala this one.
[QUOTE/]

The only good team we lost to is the Broncos in week 1.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=Quackjack;1065477]The only losses that were really bad were the Browns and Chargers. Rest were close and only stung for a bit, ala this one.
[QUOTE/]

The only good team we lost to is the Broncos in week 1.

Cowboys and Ravens are good, take off the yellow glasses for a second.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=steelersfan299;1065493]

Cowboys and Ravens are good, take off the yellow glasses for a second.

The Raiders, Titans, and Browns aren't.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Quackjack;1065495]

The Raiders, Titans, and Browns aren't.

neither were the chargers, they proved that with a.... convincing performance against the juggernaut carolina panthers

steelersfan299
12-16-2012, 09:51 PM
It won't even matter if we get in as the sixth seed. Going to Denver probably and this team is not stopping Peyton Manning.

Yeah but it would be nice to at least go to the playoffs.

lardlad
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Goats:

Brown
Special Teams

Disappointments:

Pass rush
Dwyer
Troy

You can add Ben to the list after Brown. Oh right, it was Haley's fault.

Seattle Steeler
12-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Josh Victorian is the worst DB I have ever seen. How the hell did he even make this team? He was burned all night tonight. He is the reason why they lost! We need Ike back!:banging:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Even conceding his OT interception sucked, Ben Roethlisberger was the only reason this game was even close. It's hard to scapegoat him.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Troy was great tonight. He had a shitload of tackles. Key word: TACKLES. He didn't try to blow anyone up and whiff like an idiot. He wrapped em up, good and tight, and put their asses on the ground. He hasn't lost a step.

I'm married with kids, but I'd let Troy give me the business. That man is fucking great.

lardlad
12-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Do you read these forums after a loss? Ben ALWAYS gets shit on for a loss.

He threw the game losing pic did he not ?

Did he lose the game? Brown did. But mentioning Ben in this loss is absolutely reasonable.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 10:11 PM

Did he lose the game? Brown did. But mentioning Ben in this loss is absolutely reasonable.

Exactly. Terrible pass by Ben. He KNOWS better.

He was trying so hard to force it to Wallace all game.

lardlad
12-16-2012, 10:14 PM

Brown is the goat. No doubt. Ben is not without blame though. Brown had nothing to do with that pic.

Penn
12-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Im trying to keep things in perspective here and be objective

Number 1 - Antonio Brown has had a terrible year. He started off well but now he is a fumble machine. Say what you want but fumbles hurt way more than drops (wallace). Not securing that ball on that return in the 4th quarter with a 7 point lead is inexcusable. He is goat number 1

goat number 2 is Ben. He had two chances to show his clutch gene and we got back to back sacks and then an interception in overtime. He needs to check it down more instead of trying to extend the play for 9 seconds all the time. He was also off target for the majority of the game and botched 3 or 4 very short passes.

Everyone wants to jump on the defense but we were without Ike, who i have been saying has been the most important player on this defense all year. Maybe now everyone can appreciate what he brings to the table of going man to man with the other teams number one WR and essentially shutting down that player. This gives the Steelers defense the capability to play zone on the other side of the field and also bring an extra man on blitzes. His importance to this team has always been understated and he gets murdered by fans because he gets beat occasionally. It is NOT EASY to go one on one with the likes of AJ Green, Andre Johnson etc etc on a week to week basis of course he will get beat sometimes. Keenan Lewis has also had a great season to this point as well.

Both of our starting corners have played fantastic for the majority of the season considering we get ZERO pressure on opposing qbs. When we have practice squad players out there like Victorian they are going to play a soft zone and will get beat on third down. The problem i have with them is not giving up catches, but is tackling. These guys stood flat footed the entire game and dallas was getting yards after catch all game long. The defensive line again was a big no show along with WOODLEY our 50 million dollar man who is supposed to be an elite pass rusher.

So goat number three is the Dline and WOODLEY

goat number 4 is coaching coaching coaching

More turnovers and very poor effort on tackles in the secondary

We still control our own destiny and the Pats are losing right now to SF so they will likely slide into the 3 seed. IF we can take care of business a potential first round matchup with the pats seems more appealing to me than going back to denver. The season is not over, nobody jump off a bridge please.

lardlad
12-16-2012, 10:17 PM
I laugh whenever some of these yinzers lay all the blame Ben because the WRs drop passes. The truth of the matter is, considering all of the issues on this team, Ben is nowhere close to being a problem. The real problem is, aside from Heath Miller and Max Starks, he's surrounded by absolute CLOWNS on this offense.

Except the clown throwing the game losing pick.

SoCalFan
12-16-2012, 10:18 PM
With a healthy secondary, Phony Homo doesn't smoke us for 300+ and the D puts our O in a better spot, game wouldn't have been close! Let's get our secondary back!

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Brown is the goat. No doubt. Ben is not without blame though. Brown had nothing to do with that pic.
And Ben had nothing to do with that fumble. The game should have never gotten to the point where Ben would have to force throws. Take away any 2 of Brown's mistakes and the game doesn't even GO to OT.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
where is tony hipchest? I wanna hear his comments.

MillerMania83
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
goat number 2 is Ben. He had two chances to show his clutch gene and we got back to back sacks and then an interception in overtime. He needs to check it down more instead of trying to extend the play for 9 seconds all the time. He was also off target for the majority of the game and botched 3 or 4 very short passes

On those back to back sacks he really didnt have anytime to check his own underwear if he wanted to, let alone "check it down".

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 10:25 PM
On those back to back sacks he really didnt have anytime to check his own underwear if he wanted to, let alone "check it down".
^This

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
goat number 2 is Ben. He had two chances to show his clutch gene and we got back to back sacks and then an interception in overtime. He needs to check it down more instead of trying to extend the play for 9 seconds all the time. He was also off target for the majority of the game and botched 3 or 4 very short passes

Hate to say it since he was playing his first NFL game, but at least one of those two sacks was clearly on DeCastro. He did not recognize who his man was and one of the Dallas players got a free run at Ben.

zcoop

Mr. 7 here thinks that Ben can do no wrong. He even wants to blame this one on the WRs, when AB could be held responsible for his fumble on the punt. But Ben threw the fucking Int that ended the game.

He need to miss us with that Bullshit. Ben fucked up like he did in the last SB. Holding the ball too long and trying to force when he didn't have to. I love the guy but he has to be held accountable like everybody else.

lardlad
And Ben had nothing to do with that fumble. The game should have never gotten to the point where Ben would have to force throws. Take away any 2 of Brown's mistakes and the game doesn't even GO to OT.

Absolutely true. But the game played out the way it did and I guarantee Ben would like that play back. Brown is the loser here, but Ben is not without blame. It was second down,if Ben forced that throw it is on him.

TRH
12-16-2012, 10:28 PM

No. Goat #2 (behind far and away goat #1 of course, antonio brown), was Victorian. He got BURNED all day long and then some.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
No. Goat #2 (behind far and away goat #1 of course, antonio brown), was Victorian. He got BURNED all day long and then some.

did anyone expect victorian to come in and have a monster game? he was a practice squad body for a reason

i might be alone here but i don't think the defense did a bad job considering circumstances. our offense had many chances to win the game, and didn't

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Absolutely true. But the game played out the way it did and I guarantee Ben would like that play back. Brown is the loser here, but Ben is not without blame. It was second down,if Ben forced that throw it is on him.
Also agree with you. I'm not saying Ben is blameless, he certainly put the nail in the pre-built coffin, but again, OT should have never happened is what I'm getting at.

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM
did anyone expect victorian to come in and have a monster game? he was a practice squad body for a reason

i might be alone here but i don't think the defense did a bad job considering circumstances. our offense had many chances to win the game, and didn't
Oh but the standard is the standard and the next man up and if me Auntie had bollocks she'd be me Uncle... :banging:

zcoop
12-16-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm with you on this FA, the D played pretty considering. They were supposed to get torched but they hung in there and looked respectable. 2nd/3rd stringers (DBs) against 1st stringers.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Mr. 7 here thinks that Ben can do no wrong. He even wants to blame this one on the WRs, when AB could be held responsible for his fumble on the punt. But Ben threw the fucking Int that ended the game.

He need to miss us with that Bullshit. Ben fucked up like he did in the last SB. Holding the ball too long and trying to force when he didn't have to. I love the guy but he has to be held accountable like everybody else.

See that's the problem. The Yinzers that hate QBs want to blame Ben for -everything-. The stupidity of some of you never ceases to amaze me. You think Ben somehow hurts the team. You think Ben needs to be "put in his place." Mr. z-poop here thinks Ben must be blamed for everything. WRs don't catch the ball? "BEN DIDN'T DO ENOUGH!" Defense's play falters? "BEN ALWAYS PUTS THEM IN A BAD POSITION!" Brown fumbles when the Steelers had the game in hand? "BEN'S FAULT!"

If you read my posts, I've clearly stated Ben did not play well. But like most in Yinzer nation, you made a knee-jerk reaction and twisted my words around. Have you not noticed the WRs have have dropping/fumbling problems all year? Are you just that dumb? Do you just hate QBs that much?

Oh, and the defense and WRs fucked up in the SB too.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Only 1 player never takes off and thats Harrison.

Troy is done, he only has value now because we are so injured. Golden or victorino or something like that, Who the hell are they?lol they made romo look like an all pro.

Thereis zero accountability with turnovers here.
Ben I thought played well up till the INT. The bubble screens really need to go. We did one for a few yards and we still ran right up our blockers ass.

lardlad
12-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Also agree with you. I'm not saying Ben is blameless, he certainly put the nail in the pre-built coffin, but again, OT should have never happened is what I'm getting at.

I guess we are good then.

Gotta say I pissed the first thing Ben 'allegedly' says after the hand is he was disappointed the play calling. I really hope that is another media wet dream, otherwise Bens a freakin douche and they are in trouble. You do not take that out to the media.

Penn
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM

you arent alone, victorian made one nice play which was more than i expected. His tackling is atrocious though but still is not a primary cause in this loss

Penn
12-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Only 1 player never takes off and thats Harrison.

Troy is done, he only has value now because we are so injured. Golden or victorino or something like that, Who the hell are they?lol they made romo look like an all pro.

Thereis zero accountability with turnovers here.
Ben I thought played well up till the INT. The bubble screens really need to go. We did one for a few yards and we still ran right up our blockers ass.

Ben needs to be held accountable for the grounders he threw to dwyer, brown, and the fastball he threw to rainey on critical downs. He was not accurate in this game

zcoop
12-16-2012, 10:40 PM
See that's the problem. The Yinzers that hate QBs want to blame Ben for -everything-. The stupidity of some of you never ceases to amaze me. You think Ben somehow hurts the team. You think Ben needs to be "put in his place." Mr. z-poop here thinks Ben must be blamed for everything. WRs don't catch the ball? "BEN DIDN'T DO ENOUGH!" Defense's play falters? "BEN ALWAYS PUTS THEM IN A BAD POSITION!" Brown fumbles when the Steelers had the game in hand? "BEN'S FAULT!"

If you read my posts, I've clearly stated Ben did not play well. But like most in Yinzer nation, you made a knee-jerk reaction and twisted my words around. Have you not noticed the WRs have have dropping/fumbling problems all year? Are you just that dumb? Do you just hate QBs that much?

Oh, and the defense and WRs fucked up in the SB too.

Who threw the pic six? And the pic tonight that allowed the Cowgirls to kick the FG? I got your Yinzer hanggin. I'm not from PA.

casteeler
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
If Andy Reid and Norv Turner are on the hot seat than why not Tomlin. This team was not prepared when they went into Denver last January and they haven't been close to prepared the entire season exept for the Giants game. This team stinks in all areas.Desperate times call for desperate measures.Injuries are a consideration but this team looked lost week 1 vs Denver and haven't recovered since.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 11:00 PM
If Andy Reid and Norv Turner are on the hot seat than why not Tomlin.

Dude, if you really have to ask that question, you haven't been paying attention for the last 6 years.

zcoop
If Andy Reid and Norv Turner are on the hot seat than why not Tomlin. This team was not prepared when they went into Denver last January and they haven't been close to prepared the entire season exept for the Giants game. This team stinks in all areas.Desperate times call for desperate measures.Injuries are a consideration but this team looked lost week 1 vs Denver and haven't recovered since.

Norv has never won a damn thing and Andy had 13 yrs in Philly to no avail. Both of them are losers. Mike has done well with the players we have. We have had a MASH Unit this year, but you can't blame Mike for that. Shit like that is out of the coaches control.

Now I won't give him a pass for some of the admin shit, but overall he's done very well over the years.

KentGraham

Because the Eagles and Chargers haven't done shit for years.

fansince'76
12-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Because the Eagles and Chargers have never done shit

FIFY

KentGraham
12-16-2012, 11:07 PM
FIFY

haha, good point

MACH1
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Ben needs to be held accountable for the grounders he threw to dwyer, brown, and the fastball he threw to rainey on critical downs. He was not accurate in this game

To a point but your assuming his shoulder/rib are at 100%. I'm sure their still on the sore side.

NSMaster56
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Still not as frustrating as 2009, but close.

NSMaster56
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
The defensive scheme has kept this season alive. It would've been over a long time ago were it not for the defense.

The team, ravaged by injuries and undisciplined play has been valiantly limping along all year like a proud wounded animal.

They will be out out of their misery soon. And it won't be the Bengals or Browns that do them in. It will be themselves.

Bullseye.

casteeler
12-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Norv has never won a damn thing and Andy had 13 yrs in Philly to no avail. Both of them are losers. Mike has done well with the players we have. We have had a MASH Unit this year, but you can't blame Mike for that. Shit like that is out of the coaches control.

Now I won't give him a pass for some of the admin shit, but overall he's done very well over the years.

Mike has done well with a team someone else put together. He hasn't been able to replace

SteelersCanada
12-17-2012, 01:23 AM
Mike has done well with a team someone else put together. He hasn't been able to replace

Really? Cowher drafted two Pro Bowl WRs in the third round, who are arguably the best WRs we've had since Swann and Stallworth? Cowher drafted Timmons and Woodley who are some of the best linebackers we've had on this team in a decade? Cowher drafted who seems to be one of the best Centers we've ever had in Pouncey?

It's time to put to bed the "he can only win with Cowher's players!". Right, because with Cowhers players, it took him 15 years to win one. Tomlin's been to two. Enough with the stupid talk, please.

Lady Steel
12-17-2012, 01:23 AM
I was working and didn't get to see much of the game today, but I did listen to it on the radio and watched it on television as much as I could.

Today, the Pittsburgh Steelers broke my heart. I'm hoping I will feel better tomorrow.

teegre
12-17-2012, 01:51 AM
My thoughts...

SECONDARY:
At one point, this defense had Robert Golden, the third string safety, playing CB. And they still held up decently against Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, & Jason Witten.

I can not name another team that would have held Romo to 300 yards, let alone keep the game close enough to win it, while using a practice squad CB and a safety at CB. Remember, that final Dallas TD came on a shortened field; other than that, those 5th string CBs held their own (or, as well as could be expected).

FUMBLES
AB's fumble was at the absolute worst time. Timing is everything... just as Ernest Byner.

If he does not fumble, Pittsburgh is at least at the 40, if not mid-field... and possibly, AB scores. Instead, he gives the ball & life back to Dallas.

Did anyone else notice that Emmanuel Sanders was BENCHED after his "non-fumble." Cotchery played well in Sanders' absence.

BIG BEN
The end of this game reminds me of the Denver games (end of last year, beginning of this year).

Pittsburgh drives into FG range... sack, sack, punt. Instead of sealing the victory, the game goes into overtime.

With a chance to drive the field, BB throws an INT.

BB does not look 100%. He had a couple of throws, to the RBs (or other check downs) that he threw into the ground. I think that the dude is playing through an immense amount of pain. If we can all weather the next two games & the team can eke into the play-offs, he should be closer to 100%.

Oh, and that TD to Miller was one of the best plays I've seen from BB. He avoided FIVE sacks (by my homeristically embellished count).

He thew the game-losing INT, and that has to be stated, but man alive, this kid is awesome to watch.

dez09231
12-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Mike Tomlin is not the General Manager of the Steelers. He has input on personnel decisions, sure, but he is not the General Manager. Some of you may need to learn the difference between a GM and a HC.

CanuckCurtain
12-17-2012, 03:14 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/steelers-winners-and-losers-week-15-cowboys/

Thoughts?

Darthslayrr
12-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Brown fumbling that punt lost them the game. If they could kept the ball and drove the ball and got a field goal, game over. The defense just made a stop and that gave them a fresh set of downs and momentum.

Yet again sloppiness causes another loss, they need someone to come unglued on them on the sidelines to maybe wake them up. Deadpan pacing isn't working.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 05:58 AM
All in all, it was a decent effort until AB and Ben derped up.

Not scared of Cincy, no way we lose three in a row at Heinz.

*Cue reasons why Cincy is sooooo going to whip our butts*

FacemeIke
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Theres really no reason why Victorian should start over Curtis Brown. Brown has shown some promise when being pushed into the lineup and benching him in favor of Victorian was 1) dumb because Brown is the better player and 2) stunting Brown's growth. Let him get out there and learn from experience instead of knocking him down a peg and telling him a practice squad player is better. Also, Ike's had a few bad games here and there, but I think we all realize now how lucky we've been to have him in our secondary for so long.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 10:29 AM
My thoughts...BIG BEN
The end of this game reminds me of the Denver games (end of last year, beginning of this year).

Pittsburgh drives into FG range... sack, sack, punt. Instead of sealing the victory, the game goes into overtime.

With a chance to drive the field, BB throws an INT.

BB does not look 100%. He had a couple of throws, to the RBs (or other check downs) that he threw into the ground. I think that the dude is playing through an immense amount of pain. If we can all weather the next two games & the team can eke into the play-offs, he should be closer to 100%.

Oh, and that TD to Miller was one of the best plays I've seen from BB. He avoided FIVE sacks (by my homeristically embellished count).

He thew the game-losing INT, and that has to be stated, but man alive, this kid is awesome to watch.

Those sacks were on the o-line, not Ben. He didn't even have time to throw the ball away because they missed their assignments.

teegre
12-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Those sacks were on the o-line, not Ben. He didn't even have time to throw the ball away because they missed their assignments.

Agreed.

I didn't make that clear (I should have had a sub-category for O-line).

YES, in both games, it was the O-line responsible for the "sack, sack, punt" scenario.

JeromeBetties63
12-17-2012, 11:37 AM
It just doesn't seem like this offense plays with fire and passion. Redman, Cochery and Miller were the only guys who looked like it meant something to them to win.

JeromeBetties63
12-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Sorry, this team finds ways to lose every week. Absolutely zero hope they can win on the road in the playoffs, so the best thing that can happen is 7-9 and a better draft pick.

I'm officially rooting against the Steelers the last two weeks.

Go put on a Ravens jersey. You sound like one of their clueless fake followers. Get lost.

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
12-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Has Victorian been cut yet?

Ironic name for such a loser of a player.

VictoryFormation
12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I haven't heard anyone use the old adage:
"You Can't Turn The Ball Over And Expect To Win!!!!!"

cowherpower
12-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Agreed.

I didn't make that clear (I should have had a sub-category for O-line).

YES, in both games, it was the O-line responsible for the "sack, sack, punt" scenario.

I have to put much of the o line woes at Ben's feet as well Not a lot, but some. He holds the ball too long, never seems to audible out of plays, diagnose blitzes, or go to his hot read. I get that the o line is bad and has been. But it just seems like other QB have the wherewithal to direct blitz pick up or deliver to hot read more effectively.

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Has Victorian been cut yet?

Ironic name for such a loser of a player.

That's pretty petty. The kid hadn't played a meaningful down for us all season and was on the practice squad. Yes he sucked but you can't expect him to come in and lock down a guy like Miles Austin or Dez Bryant like Ike Taylor could. Ripping on these young guys with zero starting experience is counter-productive.