PDA

View Full Version : All we gotta do is beat Cincy, negative Nancies...

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I know you all feel good when you bitch, but if we beat Cincy next week, we're in unless we lose to the Browns at home.

It feels good to some of you "fans" to count us out, harp on Tomlin, ect, but our chances are still good.

casteeler
12-16-2012, 07:07 PM
All we gotta do........? Be Realistic

montana49
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
And most likely go to Denver and then be Done.

nj1923steelgirl
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I dont give up til its over.....but something has to get better by next week....must win!

GoFor7
All they had to do was beat Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego and they would be in a much better situation.

Sorry. Not everyone drinks the black and gold cool-aid. Does this make me a Ravens fan? Or does it make me an Arians' lover?

The_Joker

Better to go and lose than to not go at all.

Also, most likely.

TRH
negative nancies???? Have you watched the last few games? Have you watched ANY of the games? As well as games to sad sack teams such as Tennesse, KC, Oakland, etc???

The_Joker
All they had to do was beat Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego and they would be in a much better situation.

Sorry. Not everyone drinks the black and gold cool-aid. Does this make me a Ravens fan? Or does it make me an Arians' lover?

By giving up on us you're a *****.

SteelCurtain5643
12-16-2012, 07:10 PM
We dont deserve the playoffs one bit. I'd rather not get in then get in and be one and done again in Denver fuck that. I know the seasons not over but 7-7 is not where we belong, we've had all the opprotunities in the world to take over the AFC north and have blown every single fucking one.

PhantomJB93
Without Ike Taylor this team has next to no chance against Cincy. Only reason we keep beating them is because he can shut down AJ Green. Josh fucking Victorian is NOT going to shut down AJ Green.

casteeler
Move this thread,it sucks:rofl:

TRH

haha....i'm not sure if its 'funny' or 'sad' listening to some of these people who have rose-colored glasses on (or drinks the cool-aid like you say). There's delusion and there's reality. Some here are SO delusional its scary.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
LMFAO

"all we gotta do"

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

The_Joker
Keep crying people. If you want to give up, go put on a Pats jersey.

defence
I know you all feel good when you bitch, but if we beat Cincy next week, we're in unless we lose to the Browns at home.

It feels good to some of you "fans" to count us out, harp on Tomlin, ect, but our chances are still good.

Ya sure. Sure and even if and that's a big if they win there last two. This team is playing awful. One and out. Don't be so sure they win those last two.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah all we have to do is beat a red hot team when we lost 4of the last 5, should be easy!

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Ya sure. Sure and even if and that's a big if they win there last two. This team is playing awful. One and out. Don't be so sure they win those last two.

You all are POSITIVE they won't.

Again, it's a defense mechanism. Expect nothing and be surprised if they do seems to be the thing around here.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
By giving up on us you're a *****.

So because I don't drink the cool-aid, I'm "giving up?"

TRH
12-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Keep crying people. If you want to give up, go put on a Pats jersey.

no one's "giving up". Its just that this team BLOWS right now and needs many fixes. Just see it for what it is.
I, for one, am looking forward to whatever "good" changes we'll make this offseason.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
So because I don't drink the cool-aid, I'm "giving up?"

By giving up you're giving up.

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
we aren't winnng anothergame until

A. We stop turning the ball over constantly

and

B. Get our Pass Rush going

Manning would no huddle that D to death. Our 4-Man pass rush is pathetic...and thats what it takes to win in this league now a days.

In the immediate future Green is going to rip that secondary to shreds. Our Offense better quit acting like a pop warner league team and start helping out the D

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I see a lot of band wagoners who should just put on a Pats jersey when the going gets rough.

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 07:16 PM
I'll still watch the game - but I really don't expect much out of this team.

We lost to Tenn, "but, but you'll see we'll turn it around."
Oakland result -repeat
Browns result - repeat
Chargers result - repeat
Cowboys result - repeat

They are 7-7. For all of you spouting "all we have to do" once again, just remember - they are equally capable of losing as they are winning. The record reflects the team.

SteelCurtain5643
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I see a lot of band wagoners who should just put on a Pats jersey when the going gets rough.

Dude what are u smoking because I'd love some. This team blows, stop living in denial ok. I've believe in this team long enough but last week and now today were just terrible. We continue to lose to horrible fucking teams, we basically handed Baltimore the AFC north on a silver platter. I'm not giving up, I think we can beat Cinci, I just dont know that we will playing like this. Its absolute garbage.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I'll still watch the game - but I really don't expect much out of this team.

We lost to Tenn, "but, but you'll see we'll turn it around."
Oakland result -repeat
Browns result - repeat
Chargers result - repeat
Cowboys result - repeat

They are 7-7. For all of you spouting "all we have to do" once again, just remember - they are equally capable of losing as they are winning. The record reflects the team.

Ok, that 06 team shoulda given up.

You people are so damn soft.

Why not pack up the bags, fire Tomlin, cut Ben, burn the stadium down and give all our shit to the Bengals?

You people are so whiny it's funny.

steelersfan77
12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
All we have to do is get to next season and see if we can stay healthy. Lewis has a groin. Just have to beat Cincy with our 4th and 5th cornerbacks.

Rowland2110
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM

This. I root for the team every week and i think they can win the SB THIS year. But you gotta check yourself with reality sometimes.

I put the blame this season on coaching.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
This team blows, stop living in denial ok.

Denial is what you're suggesting. Why not just delete your account if you are so sure we won't do anything?

maddog78
12-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, all this team that has lost 4 of 5 has to do is win 6 straight and then we're Super Bowl champs!

Welcome, Great Pumpkin!

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Dude - enough of calling out other fans. I realize you're just as pissed as the rest of us, and just need some reassuring by absolutely everyone seeing things the same way as you - but honestly - if it looks like shit, it smells like shit.

No one is packing it in. It's a forum for bitching. What else do you want to say? The 9 second scramble was a great play? I enjoyed the TDs? They still lost - it sucks, I'm bitching. I've bitched for decades, but come back for more.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, that 06 team shoulda given up.

You people are so damn soft.

Why not pack up the bags, fire Tomlin, cut Ben, burn the stadium down and give all our shit to the Bengals?

You people are so whiny it's funny.

The 2006 team sucked. They were 8-8.

fortmemphis
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM

I posted this in the game thread. I mean even if we had won, we most likely were going to have to go to Denver anyway.

The only thing that could have happened is BAL continue to lose and we win the division but that most likely wasnt going to happen.

PIT needs to just concentrate on winning the next 2 and get in. Then we see what happens. If we end up going to DEN, well most likely we are done but we screwed up missing out on that a long time ago really. Losing to teams like Oak, Tenn, SD and CLE took better seeding away.

casteeler
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Denial is what you're suggesting. Why not just delete your account if you are so sure we won't do anything?

I gotta hand it to you,staying positive:hatsoff:

Lord of Lombardi
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
if you are one of those fans that can settle for "all we gotta do" then I'm speaking to you:

All we gotta do is wait until next year!

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I gotta hand it to you,staying positive:hatsoff:

No, just fucking tired of all the bandwagon fans who quit if we fuck up.

I am calling it as it is. Bandwagons. If you quit on this team before we are mathematically eliminated, you can get out. This is the Steelers, not the crybaby Rats.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 07:29 PM

I am calling it as it is. Bandwagons. If you quit on this team before we are mathematically eliminated, you can get out. This is the Steelers, not the crybaby Rats.

You expect people to come here after another humiliating loss and talk about how awesome the Steelers are?

Keep waving that towel! :tt04:

uclkyle
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Come on jagoff.......don't criticize fans. Do you really think we stand a chance to win 2 more games this year????? I'm not sure we could beat anyone in the NFL right now. This team is awful.....pack it in, look to next year. I'm not sure I want to go to the playoffs and lose to the Broncos by 4 touchdowns.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
You expect people to come here after another humiliating loss and talk about how awesome the Steelers are?

Keep waving that towel! :tt04:

Unlike a lot of you, I will :tt02:

Terminator
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Unlike a lot of you, I will :tt02:

Well have fun with SteelersCanada, then. :hatsoff:

ETL
12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
As usual, this loss sucks.

I have constantly said that IF WE TAKE CARE OF OUR BUSINESS - WE WILL GO TO THE PLAYOFFS. Well, we have not taken care of our business. 2 losses that I expected to be wins.

If we won the last 2 - we would be tied with the Ravens.

With that said, WE ARE VERY LUCKY to still have an excellent shot at getting into the playoffs. Win the next two at home and we get in.

Some positives:

1. Ben looked sharper. I think he is still shaking some rust off. I am hoping that he didn't re-injure that shoulder.
2. Harrison causing fumbles - like the good old days
3. Foote & Timmons playing well

uclkyle
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Well have fun with SteelersCanada, then. :hatsoff:

HAHAHHAHA.....at least something made me laugh. Gotta agree, this team is hard to watch. You have to give them credit though, they don't seem to play very hard but make up for it with mental mistakes.

steelfury02
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
my towel is bigger than yours, you're not allowed to vent

WHOOP DE DOO

Stangboy06
12-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Better to go and lose than to not go at all.

Also, most likely.

Sounds like a Buffalo Bills quote

silver & black
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM

I usually stay out of this kind of thing, but................. As a Raiders fan, I've heard my share of this kind of bullshit over the last decade from my own fan base.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledeging the fact that your team is having a down year/declinining. It happens to EVERY team in the league , at some point. Calling out fans as bandwagoners and fake fans is uncalled for.

Steelers fans don't deal with this often, which is why the rest of the league's fans call you spoiled.

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Brown definitely the goat for the game this week. As mentioned earlier, we always have someone to step up and take that title. His last name matches what he played like tonight.

Agreed this season needs to be over with. Our defense is pathetic and our secondary is a joke. Troy needs to retire and we need to get young, HEALTHY talent in the secondary from the draft. To be honest I would rather lose out for a higher draft pick then limp into the playoffs and be one and done.

Quality CB's in the draft class like Dee Millner from Alabama and Jonathan Banks from Miss State. These guys are immediate fill ins and due to the age and injury pronness of this team, we would need them to start week one.

Lord of Lombardi
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Quit on this team? Are you for real or just want us to keep laughing at you? This team quit on us long ago. I saw them quit against Denver, Oakland, and then Tennessee all in the 4th qtr. Then they quit again against KC, Cleveland, San Diego and now Dallas. I don't know what the hell you've been watching.

While you are at it, won't you tell us what other things we can and cannot do as fans? When can we speak, should we only cheer if it meets your standards? All your rules, you must be some really important "Head" Fan to gain this title and lead our fan base.

If you can't handle our right to speak freely and rip this team when they play this way, then put your 8 years in the Corps before we even think about listening to your spew.

Otherwise, go back to the civilian nerf football that you were raised on.

EbonySteel86
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Dude, this team is worst than the team that got Tebowed last year. What di you think Payton gonna do IF we even get in? Thanks, but no thanks. When's the draft? Need to draft some CB's RB's and a QB.

tanda10506
12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
What is all this quitting talk and "negative nancy" and "positive whoever" talk. Realism is realism. Does anybody here think that if us fans have tons of hope on our computers and couch's that it will somehow help the Steelers win? Do you think if we all lose faith in them that they will fail? Will the moods of the fans on their couch determine the outcome of anything? No.

The Steelers look like absolute shit, especially for the talent they have. It was bad enough when we played down to bad teams, now they blow us out (SD, the final score was much closer then it actually was). The players act as if they just crawled out of bed. There's no argument against that, there is no valid argument saying that we're playing good football. Lately, even when we get humiliated, someone posts a post saying that we're always in it because we have Ben. That's a joke, nobody can win a championship on his own. Not to mention Ben hasn't been the clutch QB he used to be. Not only did he not get the drive tonight or in Denver in week 1, but he actually sealed the deal for the other team. Now all of this can change, the talent is still there even though it's a bit older, and Ben can get better, but II think the coaching is our biggest problem. We have the talent to beat anybody like we did in BAL and NYG, but the way we are playing we'll lose to the Browns. Now how does any of that negative stuff I just said affect the outcome of next game and how does stating any of those facts make someone a "negative Nancy"? It doesn't, it's just realistic.

The season is really riding on Ike and how long he is out for. The backup CB's aren't that great and LeBeau makes them play 8-10 cushions cause he doesn't trust them, so without Ike and Lewis healthy we will win nothing. But with as bad as we have looked lately, if Ike comes back and our coach starts being a HC then we can/will be SB contenders still.

ZoneBlitzer
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Ben's clutch-ness is fading away. I've been keeping track since the last SB.

Also, the Steelers have to overcome two opponents everytime they play, the opposition and themselves.

btaylor179
12-16-2012, 09:12 PM
we are not that good!!!!!!! plain and simple.......we suck

RavenManiac
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
You guys can still fairly easily win the division, let alone make the playoffs.

If you beat Cincy and Cleveland

AND

We lose to the Giants and Cincy.

You guys win the division and host a playoff game.

Crazy but true.

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
You guys can still fairly easily win the division, let alone make the playoffs.

If you beat Cincy and Cleveland

AND

We lose to the Giants and Cincy.

You guys win the division and host a playoff game.

Crazy but true.

At this point in time.......

http://images54.fotki.com/v77/photos/0/1685060/8895181/4GIFsDotCom10-vi.gif

jcmorris
12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow.. I've never seen such fairweather fans before.

I like to say that Steeler Nation is the best nation, but actually rooting or hoping for your team to not make the post-season.. That's pretty pitiful.

We still have two more games.. and two more chances to redeem ourselves!! I'm still donning my gear on the way to work tomorrow! Support the black&yellow no matter what!

And to all the ones talking about Tomlin.. I sure didn't hear the griping when we won the Super Bowl and went to another one!

We need those young receivers and that D to step up for us next week.. Let's cheer 'em on!

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow.. I've never seen such fairweather fans before.

I like to say that Steeler Nation is the best nation, but actually rooting or hoping for your team to not make the post-season.. That's pretty pitiful.

We still have two more games.. and two more chances to redeem ourselves!! I'm still donning my gear on the way to work tomorrow! Support the black&yellow no matter what!

And to all the ones talking about Tomlin.. I sure didn't hear the griping when we won the Super Bowl and went to another one!

We need those young receivers and that D to step up for us next week.. Let's cheer 'em on![

People have been cheering them on and trying to massage their egos with buddy buddy BS all season.....

Its time for someone to whip their asses back in line

jcmorris
12-16-2012, 10:01 PM
People have been cheering them on and trying to massage their egos with buddy buddy BS all season.....

Its time for someone to whip their asses back in line

Fans trashing their own team isn't gonna whip anyone into line.

:tt03:

i82much
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Ravens fan here. Gotta tell ya. You suck. We suck. Cincy sucks. Everyone sucks. I'd suggest picking up a winter hobby, maybe a good book, learn banjo, even pilates. Because the Super Bowl ain't happenin' for any AFC North fans, my good man. Sorry to tell ya.

RavenManiac
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
You guys played Dallas closer than Cincy did, and you played at Dallas not at home like Cincy. You also get Cincy at home. I think you win there. And yes, I realize you guys are injured and in a funk, but I still see you guys beating Cincy. They are still young and prone to choking in big games. As for Cleveland, they are better than their record and the game may be close, but I don't see them sweeping the series vs you guys.

All in all, I think you guys win your next two.

As for the Ravens losing their next two, I would say extremely possible to probable. The Giants got humiliated today, they are going to be ready to kick azz. We are in a freefall, and our offense is comically horrible, from the QB spot, to the O-line, to our slow, lame receivers. As for our week 17 game at Cincy, Cincy will have something to play for, and we are putrid on the road.

I personally think the odds that you guys win the division are 50/50 or greater. I wish it weren't the case, but I think that is a realistic assessment.

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Fans trashing their own team isn't gonna whip anyone into line.

Sorry you must haven't watched our team over the recent years.......These guys are some of the most immature/unprofessionally sound guys there is

They need some boogey man or someone to prove wrong to keep them focused

because lord knows our coaching staff can't do it

Darthslayrr
12-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Have to beat the Browns too

Interceptor
12-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Ravens fan here. Gotta tell ya. You suck. We suck. Cincy sucks. Everyone sucks. I'd suggest picking up a winter hobby, maybe a good book, learn banjo, even pilates. Because the Super Bowl ain't happenin' for any AFC North fans, my good man. Sorry to tell ya.

Cincy does not suck. We've moved up from sucking to being inconsistent at key moments. :skyfall:

i82much
12-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Cincy does not suck. We've moved up from sucking to being inconsistent at key moments. :skyfall:

Hah! Well done.

CanuckCurtain
12-16-2012, 11:52 PM
I think we can win out and do some damage in the playoffs. :tt04:

All of this pain we are inflicting on ourselves is getting ridiculous though:banging:

Somebody want to tell them to quit it...they arent listening to me:chuckle:

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
So the Steelers could still technically win the division at 9-7?

What a sorry-ass division and an even sorrier conference.

teegre
12-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I think we can win out and do some damage in the playoffs. :tt04:

All of this pain we are inflicting on ourselves is getting ridiculous though:banging:

Somebody want to tell them to quit it...they arent listening to me:chuckle:

I agree.

Alas...

I emailed Big Ben (inowridebikeswithhelmets@brokennose.com)

teegre
12-17-2012, 01:08 AM
So the Steelers could still technically win the division at 9-7?

What a sorry-ass division and an even sorrier conference.

Sad & sadder... and absolutely true.

The entire NFL is pretty sorry this year. Name one dominant team? Seattle looks to be the newest front-runner... really. Now, THAT is sorry.

CanuckCurtain
12-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Sad & sadder... and absolutely true.

The entire NFL is pretty sorry this year. Name one dominant team? Seattle looks to be the newest front-runner... really. Now, THAT is sorry.

:chuckle: I will not show that comment to the socalled seahawk fans out here...never seen so many seahawk jerseys in my life since "05"....BAD teegre for fueling the fire:nono::chuckle:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Win their last two and they're in. And as previously mentioned, if the Ravens lose vs. Giants and @ Bengals, Steelers miraculously get the division crown.

pitt0wns
12-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Win their last two and they're in. And as previously mentioned, if the Ravens lose vs. Giants and @ Bengals, Steelers miraculously get the division crown.

The way this team is playing that won't happen.

Why would you even want this team in the playoffs?

Denver is the best team in the AFC and I cannot stand them. They have the best D by far and that's why they've won the last 9 games. PIT can't beat them or anyone else in this league, sad to say they're a below .500 team.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 04:30 AM
The way this team is playing that won't happen.

Why would you even want this team in the playoffs?

Denver is the best team in the AFC and I cannot stand them. They have the best D by far and that's why they've won the last 9 games. PIT can't beat them or anyone else in this league, sad to say they're a below .500 team.

So you are telling me their is no chance in the realm of existence the Steelers/anyone can beat the Broncos?

One sec, let me call Goodell and Manning...

NYC_Steeler
12-17-2012, 04:33 AM
So you are telling me their is no chance in the realm of existence the Steelers/anyone can beat the Broncos?

The only way the Steelers beat the Broncos is if Manning can't play and the game is held in the 'Burgh - where Ryan Clark can play. And maybe not even then.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 04:35 AM
The only way the Steelers beat the Broncos is if Manning can't play and the game is held in the 'Burgh - where Ryan Clark can play. And maybe not even then.

Pity train coming through, choo choo!

I give it 20%, if we're healthy that is.

Lady Steel
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
You guys played Dallas closer than Cincy did, and you played at Dallas not at home like Cincy. You also get Cincy at home. I think you win there. And yes, I realize you guys are injured and in a funk, but I still see you guys beating Cincy. They are still young and prone to choking in big games. As for Cleveland, they are better than their record and the game may be close, but I don't see them sweeping the series vs you guys.

As for the Ravens losing their next two, I would say extremely possible to probable. The Giants got humiliated today, they are going to be ready to kick azz. We are in a freefall, and our offense is comically horrible, from the QB spot, to the O-line, to our slow, lame receivers. As for our week 17 game at Cincy, Cincy will have something to play for, and we are putrid on the road.

I personally think the odds that you guys win the division are 50/50 or greater. I wish it weren't the case, but I think that is a realistic assessment.

I mean absolutely no offense when I say this and I hope you take no offense to it because I don't mean it in a mean way, but it's a damn sad day when a Ravens fan believes more in our team than some of our fans do, especially when you are going through your own woes. Thank you for this.

FanSince72
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM

Yeah and then teams like Atlanta, Houston, Green Bay, Denver and New England are all going to do what? Run and hide from the 9-7 "powerhouse" from Pittsburgh that barely limped into the playoff by NOT losing to Cleveland?

Come on dude, it's time to face facts -- we suck this year and that's all there is to it.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah and then teams like Atlanta, Houston, Green Bay, Denver and New England are all going to do what? Run and hide from the 9-7 "powerhouse" from Pittsburgh that barely limped into the playoff by NOT losing to Cleveland?

Come on dude, it's time to face facts -- we suck this year and that's all there is to it.

Time to face facts -- you are counter-projecting.

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
only fact that matters right now is that this team controls it's own destiny. After it's all said and done we can pronounce a final judgment on this season. However, it's not over yet, and this team has a lot of talent and experience.

Will we make the playoffs? We're already there.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 06:36 PM
All the Steelers had to do was beat Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego...

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
All the Steelers had to do was beat Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego...

That was WEEKS AGO Charlie Murphy!

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
That was WEEKS AGO Charlie Murphy!

Yup, and the ramifications are glaring the Steelers right in the face. 11-3 sure as hell beats 7-7 doesn't it?

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Yup, and the ramifications are glaring the Steelers right in the face. 11-3 sure as hell beats 7-7 doesn't it?

We fucked up. Short and simple. Move on already.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
We fucked up. Short and simple. Move on already.

I think you're an Arians lover....

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 06:54 PM
I think you're an Arians lover....

The opposite in fact. He fits better in Indy.

Nice try though.

Also, Tomlin is a solid coach.

:drink:

Blackout
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM

Isn't it true that Manning never delivers in the playoffs? He only has one SB ring.

Hawaii 5-0
12-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Margin for error is gone

By Mike Prisuta

ARLINGTON, Texas – It was another gut-wrenching blow for a team that already has absorbed several of those this season.

But the Steelers’ 27-24 overtime loss last Sunday afternoon at Dallas wasn’t perceived as anything that can’t be overcome in the loser’s locker room at Cowboys Stadium.

“Got no choice but to put it behind us,” nose tackle Casey Hamptonmaintained.

“We control our own (fate). That’s all you can ask for.”

Linebacker Larry Foote agreed that the Steelers had not yet reached the saturation point in terms of their ability to bounce back from potentially-devastating near-misses.

“You can absorb that all the way until they say you don’t get to play anymore,” Foote insisted. “We’re a tough bunch of guys and we gotta respond.”

At 7-7 the best the Steelers can hope for is to win their final two regular season games against Cincinnati (Dec. 23) and Cleveland (Dec. 30), both at Heinz Field.

They’re still alive to win the AFC North Division championship in a potential three-way tie with the Baltimore Ravens and the Bengals at 9-7, based on what would be a superior head-to-head record with the Ravens and Bengals in a three-way, 9-7 scenario. The Steelers also would clinch a Wild Card spot in these playoffs with a 9-7 record regardless of what the Ravens do in their final two games, but there is no scenario in which the Steelers get into the postseason if they would lose to Cincinnati this Sunday.

But they’ll be out on the wire against the Bengals and they’ll be working without a net.

“Our margin for error is zero,” offensive tackle Max Starks assessed.

Added free safety Ryan Clark: “If we don’t win the next one we pack up early. We understand that.”

More difficult to comprehend are the inconsistencies that have plagued the Steelers throughout much of the season.

They succumbed to those once again against the Cowboys in a game that saw the Steelers rally from deficits of 10-0 in the second quarter and 17-10 in the third, only to let a fourth-quarter lead slip away and ultimately lose on an interception that set up the game-winning field goal in overtime.

“We have the pieces in the locker room to make something happen,” tight end Heath Miller said. “We gotta figure out a way to put four quarters together and play with some consistency.”

Those pieces in the locker room and what the players believe they’re capable of achieving together are the main reasons the Steelers are keeping the faith. Doing so at 7-7 isn’t something they’re worried about.

“Not at all,” wide receiver Mike Wallace said. “Not with the type of guys we have on this team. We have a lot of leadership, a lot of veteran guys who have been in this situation before.

“I think we’ll be fine. I know we’ll be fine. I know we have the guys to do it. I know exactly how guys are going to come to prepare this week. My teammates, I know these guys. We’ve been through a lot together in my almost four years here.”

They’ve been through a lot together this season, but Wallace isn’t deterred.

“It’s just going to make it even sweeter when we make this run,” he said.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Margin-for-error-is-gone/2edf0f33-e878-4b11-a3f3-1fef9b4bda39

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
“It’s just going to make it even sweeter when we make this run,” he said.

I'll hold you to that Wallace :tt03:

FanSince72
12-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Time to face facts -- you are counter-projecting.

"Counter projecting"?

I don't know what that means. All I know is that we have a chance to go 9-7 and IF we do, we are certainly not going to be striking fear into the hearts of other teams IF that 9-7 record gets us into the playoffs.

That said (and in keeping with my "choose-to-be-optimistic" stance) I know that we are essentially a good team that's had some bad breaks. But if you're a long time fan, you have to see that even when we were winning, we weren't "clicking" like we used to when we were dominant.

I'm not saying that we can't BE dominant or that we can't suddenly catch fire and light the place up, but rather that I just think it's unlikely.
You know, part of being a forceful team is having the street cred to go with it and we don't have that right now and are not likely to get any before the post season.
We may very well go all the way, for all I know, but it will have to be based on execution and planning because there's no fearsome "rep" to help us along by striking fear into any opponent we may face.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 09:06 AM
"Counter projecting"?

I don't know what that means. All I know is that we have a chance to go 9-7 and IF we do, we are certainly not going to be striking fear into the hearts of other teams IF that 9-7 record gets us into the playoffs.

That said (and in keeping with my "choose-to-be-optimistic" stance) I know that we are essentially a good team that's had some bad breaks. But if you're a long time fan, you have to see that even when we were winning, we weren't "clicking" like we used to when we were dominant.

I'm not saying that we can't BE dominant or that we can't suddenly catch fire and light the place up, but rather that I just think it's unlikely.
You know, part of being a forceful team is having the street cred to go with it and we don't have that right now and are not likely to get any before the post season.
We may very well go all the way, for all I know, but it will have to be based on execution and planning because there's no fearsome "rep" to help us along by striking fear into any opponent we may face.

The only way I see us winning it all or even just one game is if we are taken lightly because of this lack of street cred. Basically, the teams would have to "pull a Steelers" and show up thinking they can beat us because of their regular season accomplishments. The Ravens and the Patriots wouldn't take us lightly, seeing as we've beaten them both - and they know what we are capable of. Denver and Houston are both coming off of big wins, have recently beat us and might (big might) take us lightly. Usually the teams that are disciplined handle their business. I see what everyone is saying about Manning's playoff record - its just ok. Maybe their win streak will give them too big of a head and we can take advantage of that. Who knows.:noidea:

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I'll hold you to that Wallace :tt03:

If they win a playoff game, I'll come on here and take a verbal whipping for my pessimism. With all the injuries and dropsies - even that accomplishment would be impressive. It certainly would be an improvement over the 1 and done performance last season.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 11:40 AM
If they win a playoff game, I'll come on here and take a verbal whipping for my pessimism. With all the injuries and dropsies - even that accomplishment would be impressive. It certainly would be an improvement over the 1 and done performance last season.

Damn right you will. :chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
As it stands we go to New England, not Denver. That is a so much better option. We will get our butts handed to us no matter who we play if we don't get Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis back. It is going to be a tough game against the Bungles with Victorian in the secondary. Who is going to stop AJ Green out of what we saw last week? I am not usually negative, but AB and Wallace better get their heads out so we can keep up with the scoring the Bungles will put on us. I am totally losing faith when they had everything fall their direction the past couple weeks and have lost 4 out of the last 5 games.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Damn right you will. :chuckle:

:drink: I hope I will. and the next week, and the next week, and the week after that :thumbsup:

e-dub5912
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
People are quick to point out the games we lost, and say there is no way we beat Cincy. Well the Bungles lost to the sorry ass Steelers this year :hatsoff:

Steel_Bus_24
12-18-2012, 03:33 PM
People are quick to point out the games we lost, and say there is no way we beat Cincy. Well the Bungles lost to the sorry ass Steelers this year :hatsoff:

We were a more healthy team then.....Its going to be harder this time around

The whole team is going to have to really show an extra level of polish to make up for the injuries

I want to believe that Band of Brothers mentality of old is still in there somewhere within them.....and that they can still get it together and do some damage this season

But they have me doubting they want it.....So many times this season they should have been shamed into that higher level, but it hasn't materialized

Interceptor
12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi guys. I expect this to be a low scoring game. A FG may very well decide the winner. Steelers are tough no matter what. They don't panic, they don't give up. At least that is how I see them looking from the outside-in. Maybe the personnel is decimated, but the team as a whole should never be underestimated. If the Bengals start believing in themselves and start executing, then it might become a one-sided struggle. The mentality of the Bengals will be crucial if are to take their game to the next level.

Good luck all and may it be a good and hard-fought game!

VictoryFormation
12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
You gotta look at the bright side of things!! Put all those pathetic loses behind you. The Steelers are in still in it, and they control their own destiny. If they lose, they can't blame anybody, but themselves.

Rotorhead
12-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Honestly, if they just play the fundamentals, tackle, ball security, no penalties, etc and we should be fine. Stop shooting themselves in the foot on ST. We just need to figure out and stop the stupidity.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Honestly, if they just play the fundamentals, tackle, ball security, no penalties, etc and we should be fine. Stop shooting themselves in the foot on ST. We just need to figure out and stop the stupidity.

If our boys can cut the crap, we can bring another Lombardi in.

If.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 04:39 PM
If our boys can cut the crap, we can bring another Lombardi in.

If.

It really is about who makes next to no mistakes and who capitalizes on the other team's. Sound, mistake-free football with dynamic, momentum and game-changing plays.

Bottom line. Super Bowl teams either dominate, or answer the bell when faced with uncertainty. The XLIII squad was the shining example of never, ever, EVER giving up no matter how bleaked things looked. As Larry Foote says - the team that kept on plugging away and pushed the doubt out of their minds won it all.

Short term memory is the name of the game right now. The Steelers need to believe they are capable and play, right now, as if it is the start of the season.

VictoryFormation
12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
The Steelers are not a bad team, this year. They need to look at the fundamentals, like why players are having trouble hanging onto the ball, for cryin' out loud. If they hadn't turned the ball over, like they have, they'd be ahead of Baltimore, and we wouldn't be talking about 7-7. Does this stem from poor coaching, or what?
Then, there is the tackling on defense. True, they are ranked up there on defense, but they are not tackling as well as they should be.
Finally, why is the team coming out flat, like they are not ready to play, and losing to poor teams? For some reason, there is a lack of enthusiasm there. It is almost like the players are quietly, disgruntled with the coaching staff, or something.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think its being disgruntled with coaching (aside from our supposed great leader, Ben - who is coming across like the big asshole we all know, but refuse to admit, that he is - but hey, he is a Steeler, and the QB who won 2SBs - so he is untouchable) Notice my biggest gripe yet?

I think it is complacency.

zcoop
12-18-2012, 06:49 PM
This team is going to have to come together if they want to win these last two games. A collective effort accross the board can win both games. Guys gotta suck it up and play some football. I honestly think we will win both and make it to the playoffs.

teegre
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
This team is going to have to come together if they want to win these last two games. A collective effort accross the board can win both games. Guys gotta suck it up and play some football. I honestly think we will win both and make it to the playoffs.

...and once in, everyone is 0-0.

But, the Steelers have BB... and thus, they will ALWAYS have a legitimate shot.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Well, here's the dose of reality this thread, and QUACKOFF or whatever his name is, needs-- our losses the last two weeks have had NOTHING to do with the team's heart or "coming together". And the skeleton is still in the Steeler's closet for this Sunday.

The reason we lost the last two games is because WE HAVE NO CORNERBACKS. That is not really supposed to change before this Sunday either, is it?

Phillip Rivers attacked our defense's weak side to perfection, using comeback routes to the outside that he knew damn well our BurgerKing employee CBs would not be able to stop. Was an automagic 10 yaards and a 1st down every throw, not to mention the quick release passes never afford our pass rush time to get there.

Tony Romo followed suit and attacked the weak side as well (yes, both sides are weak right now), victimizing non-name Van Dyke to the tune of completing 7 of 9 passes to his side. Same thing-- his WRs running quick curl and comeback routes to the outside, taking advantage of the 10 yard cushion we have to give the replacement guys to protect them from giving up a HUGE play.

If we want to win this coming game this Sunday-- it is going to take some big plays on offense AND special teams. With our depleted secondary, count on Dalton racking up at least 300 yards through the air and a pair of TDs over (insert_backup_name)'s head. We KNOW our offense is not capable of scoring more than 27 points, so the defense and special teams will need to STEP THE FUCK UP for us to get this win. Or the ground game will need to find its feet so we can maintain some ToP and keep Dalton & Green off the field.

IF our special teams and Oline have their usual penalty-ridden afternoon, warm up a place on the coach for January/February....we ain't going to the playoffs.

IF our offense starts to "click", the run game starts to sizzle, and they get the ball to Heath, we CAN win this game somewhere around the tune of 27-24.

I love how anything other than foolish chest thumping and overinflated assessments of the Steelers' chances is getting people labelled as "fair weather fans" or "nagative nancies" in this thread. Like most of the posters on this forum-- I watch every Steelers game to the last play, even when getting our arses beat. I will always retain hope as long as they are not mathematically eliminated from contention. Been watching them since before I was old enough to understand what "football" is.

But, and this applies to my daily life as well-- I do not varnish my assessments. With no secondary, the Steelers are a broken team that would get bounced in round 1 of the playoffs right now, if they can even make it in. Can you seriously imagine Van Dyke or Justin King (who?) trying to cover Wes Welker and Gronk? Can Justin King cover Andre Johnson?

Rotorhead
12-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Just a question, who is Cincy's #2 rcvr? Ya, I don't know either. So with Lewis back we should be able to limit the Green damage and as long as we dont beat ourselves we should be fine. And if we make the playoffs Ike will be back, so we will have our top 3 again.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Just a question, who is Cincy's #2 rcvr? Ya, I don't know either. So with Lewis back we should be able to limit the Green damage and as long as we dont beat ourselves we should be fine. And if we make the playoffs Ike will be back, so we will have our top 3 again.

I would love to agree with you on this one, but.....had you ever heard of the Chargers' Spurlock before we played them? I sure didn't, and I live out here, but he definitely ran away with our secondary's jocks and pride in that game.

It is a scary thought-- but sicne we know teams are going for the outside routes and underneath stuff right now-- maybe it is time to play some press coverage like the Chargers did to take away our short passing game?

Sure, there are no-names in our secondary, but does it realy matter at this point if they get beat all the way up the field 10 yards a pop, or if they get burned for a long TD? Either way, opposing teams are scoring at will on us right now, might as well take the aggressive route and play no-fear?

The_Joker
12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
The reason we lost the last two games is because WE HAVE NO CORNERBACKS. That is not really supposed to change before this Sunday either, is it?

Actually yes. We are getting all our guys cept Taylor.

Thanks.

Rotorhead
12-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I agree riddle, when we press we do much better. As long we we play a 2 deep safety game i see no problem with the press, we know Troy and Clark are sure tacklers.

teegre
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Well, here's the dose of reality this thread, and QUACKOFF or whatever his name is, needs-- our losses the last two weeks have had NOTHING to do with the team's heart or "coming together". And the skeleton is still in the Steeler's closet for this Sunday.

Phillip Rivers attacked our defense's weak side to perfection, using comeback routes to the outside that he knew damn well our BurgerKing employee CBs would not be able to stop. Was an automagic 10 yaards and a 1st down every throw, not to mention the quick release passes never afford our pass rush time to get there.

Tony Romo followed suit and attacked the weak side as well (yes, both sides are weak right now), victimizing non-name Van Dyke to the tune of completing 7 of 9 passes to his side. Same thing-- his WRs running quick curl and comeback routes to the outside, taking advantage of the 10 yard cushion we have to give the replacement guys to protect them from giving up a HUGE play.

If we want to win this coming game this Sunday-- it is going to take some big plays on offense AND special teams. With our depleted secondary, count on Dalton racking up at least 300 yards through the air and a pair of TDs over (insert_backup_name)'s head. We KNOW our offense is not capable of scoring more than 27 points, so the defense and special teams will need to STEP THE FUCK UP for us to get this win. Or the ground game will need to find its feet so we can maintain some ToP and keep Dalton & Green off the field.

IF our special teams and Oline have their usual penalty-ridden afternoon, warm up a place on the coach for January/February....we ain't going to the playoffs.

IF our offense starts to "click", the run game starts to sizzle, and they get the ball to Heath, we CAN win this game somewhere around the tune of 27-24.

I love how anything other than foolish chest thumping and overinflated assessments of the Steelers' chances is getting people labelled as "fair weather fans" or "nagative nancies" in this thread. Like most of the posters on this forum-- I watch every Steelers game to the last play, even when getting our arses beat. I will always retain hope as long as they are not mathematically eliminated from contention. Been watching them since before I was old enough to understand what "football" is.

But, and this applies to my daily life as well-- I do not varnish my assessments. With no secondary, the Steelers are a broken team that would get bounced in round 1 of the playoffs right now, if they can even make it in. Can you seriously imagine Van Dyke or Justin King (who?) trying to cover Wes Welker and Gronk? Can Justin King cover Andre Johnson?

I hear you... but, let me throw an "optimistic" point into the ring.

This secondary played their 4th & 5th strings CBs and their 3rd string safety at CB. And, they still held Romo & those receivers to 27 points.

I know that 27 points is a lot, but name another team that could have done THAT. Furthermore, the Steelers would have won that game if it weren't for the turnovers.

In other words:
No fumbles.
No INTs.
The odds of winning are good.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-20-2012, 12:48 PM
I hear you... but, let me throw an "optimistic" point into the ring.

This secondary played their 4th & 5th strings CBs and their 3rd string safety at CB. And, they still held Romo & those receivers to 27 points.

I know that 27 points is a lot, but name another team that could have done THAT. Furthermore, the Steelers would have won that game if it weren't for the turnovers.

In other words:
No fumbles.
No INTs.
The odds of winning are good.

Oh, I definitely agree-- it could have been a lot worse. There are games where the score reaches into the frigging 40's and 50's. For something like that to happen wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination, when having no CBs to field.

All things considered, the backups and scrubs did well for their pedigree. And even with their level of play-- that was still a winnable game until the end.

If we even got a healthy Keenan Lewis back next week-- I think that would be enough to squeak out a win over Cincy.

finesward
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah all we have to do is beat a red hot team when we lost 4of the last 5, should be easy!

We beat a red hot team with no roethlisberger...I think we can do it again with no ike taylor

Until the clock reads 0 I still hope for the best. Bncha bches

GoFor7
12-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Here's what worries me about what could happen in this game:

First drive - Steelers grind out a long drive, get 3 points. Bengals get the ball, aren't enamored with outdated football, score a touchdown quickly. Rinse and repeat.

Fire Arians
12-20-2012, 02:24 PM
We beat a red hot team with no roethlisberger...I think we can do it again with no ike taylor

yeah i forgot, my bad. it's gonna be easy, i mean, that's all we gotta do is just go in there and win right, it's just the bengals :chuckle:

Rotorhead
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I just read on ESPN that Lewis re-aggrivated his groin unjury wednesday! Hope he can play, and play well.

FrancoLambert
12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Negative Nancies?
We've watched this team self-destruct all year. They beat themselves time and time again.
We're 7-7. That's mediocre, plain and simple.
Patched up O-line, severely depleted secondary, no lead RB.
We're supposed to forget the horrible losses (not just 1 or 2) to shitty teams.
I don't see it being negative, I see it being clearly objective based on fact.
I'll never give up on this team and supporting it. I'm not a fair weather fan.
But, I'm to believe this team will suddenly turn it around? Based on what?

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM

Oh? What red-hot team was that? The sagging, Ray Lewis-less Ravens who are on a 4 game losing streak?

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I just read on ESPN that Lewis re-aggrivated his groin unjury wednesday! Hope he can play, and play well.

Godddammit.

rgj
12-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Bengals +4 over Steelers...12/20

PATS16N0
12-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Steelers aren't a Superbowl team but I don't know why you're scared of Denver. You could possibly make it further into the post season than you're giving yourself credit for. The Broncos have been playing absolute nobodies since like week 6 and Peyton has a knack for throwing 4 interceptions a game once the regular season ends.

You might surprise yourself if you play your best football.

Sort of surprising to see the high and mighty Steeler fans basically begging for mercy and death and just wanting to take their ball and go home for next year.

stb_steeler
12-20-2012, 09:06 PM

Its anyones division as of now....Its gonna be a hell of a way to get it!

Fire Haley
12-21-2012, 07:38 PM
42-10 Steelers

5 wide!

Ben tells Mr. Dink&Dunk Haley 'get the hell out of the way and let me do this'!

GoFor7
12-21-2012, 09:30 PM
42-10 Steelers

5 wide!

But that score would be "classless." I don't know about you, but in 2005 when the Steelers blew the Browns out 41-0 I was booing my TV like crazy because of how "classless" the Steelers were that day. :coffee:

ZoneBlitzer
12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
42-10 Steelers

5 wide!

I would cry tears of joy if the Steelers could score more than 35 points.

Lady Steel
12-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Steelers aren't a Superbowl team but I don't know why you're scared of Denver. You could possibly make it further into the post season than you're giving yourself credit for. The Broncos have been playing absolute nobodies since like week 6 and Peyton has a knack for throwing 4 interceptions a game once the regular season ends.

You might surprise yourself if you play your best football.

Sort of surprising to see the high and mighty Steeler fans basically begging for mercy and death and just wanting to take their ball and go home for next year.

Shut up.

The_Joker
12-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Shut up.

In the face of logic and optimism, this is your only response?

Sad.

harrison'samonster
12-22-2012, 09:32 AM
In the face of logic and optimism, this is your only response?

Sad.

I thought it was a nice response

Hawaii 5-0
12-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Playoff scenarios for every NFL team

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 22, 2012

With 32 more games in the regular season, the playoff picture is coming into focus — but in some cases that focus is blurry enough that you need to squint.

So if you’re having trouble keeping all the scenarios straight, we’re here to help.

Below we list every team that’s still in playoff contention, where they stand in the playoff order, and how their paths to the playoffs look over the final two weeks of the season.

AFC

Already clinched playoff berths

1. Texans: Clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs if they win one more game.

2. Broncos: Clinch a first-round playoff bye if they win out.

3. Patriots: Clinch the No. 3 seed if they win out, need help to get a first-round playoff bye.

4. Ravens: Clinch the AFC North with one more win.

Control their own destiny

5. Colts: Clinch a wild card with one more win.

6. Bengals: Clinch a playoff berth with a win over the Steelers on Sunday.

7. Steelers: Clinch a playoff berth with two more wins.

Need a lot of help

8. Dolphins: Can reach the playoffs if they beat the Bills and Patriots, and the Steelers beat the Bengals but lose to the Browns, and the Bengals lose to the Ravens in addition to losing to the Steelers, and the Jets lose at least one more game.

NFC

Already clinched playoff berths

1. Falcons: Clinch home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs with one more win.

2. 49ers: Clinch a first-round playoff bye with two more wins.

3. Packers: Clinch the No. 3 seed if they win out, need help to get a first-round playoff bye.

Control their own destiny

4. Redskins: Clinch the NFC East if they win out.

5. Seahawks: Clinch a wild card if they win one more game.

6. Cowboys: Currently behind the Vikings in the NFC, but clinch the NFC East if they win out.

7. Giants: Currently behind the Vikings in the NFC, but clinch a playoff berth if they win out.

Need some help

8. Vikings: Would be a wild card if the playoffs started today, but even if they win out they need either the Giants to lose once or the Seahawks to lose twice in order to make the playoffs.

9. Bears: Can reach the playoffs by winning out and having both the Giants and Vikings lose once, or either the Giants or Vikings lose once plus the Seahawks losing twice, or a couple of more complex scenarios. Basically, the Bears lose most tiebreakers and therefore will likely need to finish 10-6 while the other NFC wild card hopefuls finish 9-7.

Need a lot of help

10. Rams: Technically still alive but would need to win both remaining games while the Vikings, Bears and Giants all lose out, plus either the Redskins or Cowboys lose in Week 16 and then the team that loses in Week 16 wins the Week 17 Cowboys-Redskins game.

And there you have it. A Rams-Dolphins Super Bowl is still possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/22/playoff-scenarios-for-every-nfl-team/

finesward
12-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Oh? What red-hot team was that? The sagging, Ray Lewis-less Ravens who are on a 4 game losing streak?

No we played the red hot ravens who had won 7 of their last 8 games and who had the longest winning streak at home and who had won something like 10 straight vs afc north opponents. Nice try

Stairway to 7
12-23-2012, 08:54 AM
No-one is counting the Steelers out of getting ointothe playoffs, but this team is going to go nowhere if we get in,

rgj
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Yep....looks like that game plan went real well........

I totally expect a LOSS to the Browns next week. Roethlisberger is the goat again. Time to recruit a new quarterback and send this one back to that college bar in Georgia.

Rowland2110
12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
You see OP.. this is why its better to deal in REALITY and not false hope and optimism.

Fire Arians
12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
You see OP.. this is why its better to deal in REALITY and not false hope and optimism.

yeah, and they call you a negative nancy when you just take it for what it is. i'm as hopeful as any other fan, but i'm not against pointing out problems with the team.

but hey, being a realist makes you a fair weather fan to some people on this board :noidea:

NYC_Steeler
12-23-2012, 04:08 PM
So the "Negative Nancies" and the "Crybabies" were right all along I guess, huh? If you people had pulled your head out of your asses, taken the rose-colored glasses off, and stopped drinking the Kool-Aid, you would've realized what everyone else knew a long time ago - this team pretty much sucked from the get-go. Old defensive players who were constantly getting hurt, offensive players that were clueless and had very little talent, a coaching staff that couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, etc. The cliches go on and on and they all apply to this team.

They used to call Bradshaw the dumb QB - but the way Roethlisberger played this year, you'd swear Bradshaw had a PhD by comparison. Truly horrific play-calling that never worked but kept getting called over and over again. Defensive schemes where Harrison (who can't run long distances and on a bum knee, no less!) was in coverage rather than at the line. Mind-boggling overall stupidity and ineptitude from the owners down to the waterboys - no one is immune.

Harrison will get cut unless he accepts a lower salary next year, and major house cleaning will need to take place. This team cannot be composed of the same players next year - crap left on a stoop for a year is still crap, just older. It's a sad reality that needs to be addressed - this team is just not very good. Salary cap hell, here we come.

FrancoLambert
12-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Seems like the problem with many of us "Nancies" is that we choose to confront what we see and don't like to ignore it.

steve314
12-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Seems like the problem with many of us "Nancies" is that we choose to confront what we see and don't like to ignore it.

Are you kidding? I can't believe you're giving up on this team so soon. We'll beat the Browns next week and win out and make it to the Super Bowl. Not sure if they're gonna win the Super Bowl--that'll be tough NFC competition--but they'll definitely make it. I guarantee it!

Chadmagic
12-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Are you kidding? I can't believe you're giving up on this team so soon. We'll beat the Browns next week and win out and make it to the Super Bowl. Not sure if they're gonna win the Super Bowl--that'll be tough NFC competition--but they'll definitely make it. I guarantee it!

Cleveland is our last game. So their is nothing to 'win out' after that. And since we were eliminated from the playoffs today, it would be a real miracle to make it to the SB. ... Awkward...

AndyWitmyer
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Need a lot of help

10. Rams: Technically still alive but would need to win both remaining games while the Vikings, Bears and Giants all lose out, plus either the Redskins or Cowboys lose in Week 16 and then the team that loses in Week 16 wins the Week 17 Cowboys-Redskins game.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!! :toofunny:

I know we lost today and we're out of the playoffs and boo-hoo and all of that, but just reading that made my week! :chuckle:

Blackout
12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
A more pressing question is Quackjack doing ok?

AndyWitmyer
12-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Cleveland is our last game. So their is nothing to 'win out' after that. And since we were eliminated from the playoffs today, it would be a real miracle to make it to the SB. ... Awkward...

I get the sense that Steve was being sarcastic lol

AndyWitmyer
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
A more pressing question is Quackjack doing ok?

And where the heck is Hipchest?

tanda10506
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM

I don't know why so many couldn't understand that. Acting like a 7-6 or 7-7 team with a terrible offense and terrible ST was going to go on and beat Denver, Houston, and/or New England in their house doesn't make you more of a fan, it just makes you look like a homer. You can complain about the flaws and be pessimistic if the team is playing like crap and still be a real Steeler fan, what matters is where you are on Sunday and if you have your towel out or not. Even if we go 1-15 I'll break out the towel for every game. That doesn't mean I'll stay quiet all season or act like we're going to beat anybody, but I'll still cheer on my team hoping that they do.

SteelCurtain5643
12-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Hopefully quackjack killed himself the stupid fuck.

tanda10506
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM

:chuckle::chuckle:

Lokki
12-23-2012, 09:23 PM

Wow, seriously? That's a bit extreme.

lardlad
12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
:toofunny:So the "Negative Nancies" and the "Crybabies" were right all along I guess, huh? If you people had pulled your head out of your asses, taken the rose-colored glasses off, and stopped drinking the Kool-Aid, you would've realized what everyone else knew a long time ago - this team pretty much sucked from the get-go. Old defensive players who were constantly getting hurt, offensive players that were clueless and had very little talent, a coaching staff that couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, etc. The cliches go on and on and they all apply to this team.

They used to call Bradshaw the dumb QB - but the way Roethlisberger played this year, you'd swear Bradshaw had a PhD by comparison. Truly horrific play-calling that never worked but kept getting called over and over again. Defensive schemes where Harrison (who can't run long distances and on a bum knee, no less!) was in coverage rather than at the line. Mind-boggling overall stupidity and ineptitude from the owners down to the waterboys - no one is immune.

Harrison will get cut unless he accepts a lower salary next year, and major house cleaning will need to take place. This team cannot be composed of the same players next year - crap left on a stoop for a year is still crap, just older. It's a sad reality that needs to be addressed - this team is just not very good. Salary cap hell, here we come.

I have absolutely no beef with the defense. They payed awesome especially without Taylor.

NYC_Steeler
12-24-2012, 05:08 AM
:toofunny:

I have absolutely no beef with the defense. They payed awesome especially without Taylor.

The defense was good in the last couple of games - the offense shit the bed. The D was terrible in the San Diego game and gave up way too many big plays throughout the year.

steelfury02
12-24-2012, 05:10 AM
The defense was good in the last couple of games - the offense shit the bed. The D was terrible in the San Diego game and gave up way too many big plays throughout the year.

When it comes right down to it, the offense was the reason the season ended. The defense had gotten better as the season wore on. Agree about SD game, and every defense can have a bad one, but, they responded like I knew they were capable of - gave the game on a silver platter to our offense - and they did absolutely nothing with it.

GO BROWN WITH YOUR FIRST DOWN CATCH! WHOOP DE DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

These WRs are flat out punks.

Steel Peon
12-24-2012, 08:23 AM

I appreciated your optimism, but this season's been over for a while, now it's just official.

plenewken
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
When it comes right down to it, the offense was the reason the season ended.

Nobody in the league associates Steelers with offense. We are not an offensive machine and we haven't been for at least 15 years.

Of the last 4 SBs the Steelers played, the D won 2 of them and couldn't win the other 2, but one thing for sure, none of the W can be attributed to the Offense.

sloppyjoe
12-24-2012, 10:45 AM

how'd that work out for you nancy(you real fan)?

GoFor7
12-24-2012, 10:49 AM
All they had to do was beat Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego and they'd be 11-4 right now - which would have made yesterday's game irrelevant.

At least they get another shot at Oakland and Tennessee next year!

The_Joker
12-24-2012, 11:00 AM
I appreciated your optimism, but this season's been over for a while, now it's just official.

:noidea:

It happens. I have already announced my thoughts.

sloppyjoe
12-24-2012, 11:05 AM
:noidea:

It happens. I have already announced my thoughts.

:banging:

steve314
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM

Obviously not the same thing, but it reminds me a little bit of Karl Rove on Fox News on election night. Romney wasn't quite mathematically eliminated, but everyone knew it was over, even the Fox people--well, everyone but Rove, who was saying stuff like "Wait, wait! You guys are calling it too soon!"