PDA

View Full Version : Time to focus on the Bengals

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
This is it. The elimination game. If we lose, we're done. If we win, we are almost certainly in.

Time to end the crap and show the Bengals who is boss.

WE DEY!!!

maddog78
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Bengals 27, Steelers 17. They're playing better football the past several weeks.

Cyphon
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
As much as I hate any loss this is true. Do or die this coming Sunday.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Bengals 34 - Steelers 17

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Funny how a close lose in OT to a good team brings out the spoiled brats.

Steelers 23 Bengals 20

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
actually i think this game's winnable, just like today's game. but will we?

i say it's a 50/50 we can win, but that bengals team is hot as of late, won't be a walk in the park

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM
If the pathetic team that we've seen since KC game shows up, we're going to lose by 17 or more\

Really if we want a chance at winning this one, then our O is going to have to at least put up 30

Our Secondary and Pass Rush are dog sh** right now

Any turnovers or big plays on STs will doom us

maddog78
12-16-2012, 08:41 PM

Steelers 23 Bengals 20

There are no good 7-7 teams. 4 losses in 5 games. This team is in a tailspin.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
bengals will be a desperate team coming in as well, if they lose this one they're likely out since they'd lose tiebreakers to both the steelers and ravens

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
There are no good 7-7 teams. 4 losses in 5 games. This team is in a tailspin.

True, but so are your emotions folks.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM

Steelers 23 Bengals 20

So you enjoy and encourage cheering for mediocrity?

ZoneBlitzer
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
My greatest concern is the Steelers. It doesn't matter how well they play or keep it close etc, they just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

This problem of TOs has hung around all year. This is a diseased and dysfunctional team. If they can, by some miracle, get out of their own way, I'll give them a 50/50 chance.

Drizztbob
12-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Will Ike be back for this game? If so, we MIGHT have a chance, if not, no one will be able to cover AJ Green and he will have 200 yards and 4 TD's on us.

Fire Arians

we lost to the titans, browns, raiders, and got blown out by the chargers, and just beat ourselves vs the cowboys for good measure! but hey this team has NO problems at all guys! we're going to win another super bowl WITHOUT A DOUBT WHATSOEVER!!! :tt02::tt04::tt02::tt04::tt::tt::tt03:

losing 2 of our last 3? oh it was because big ben was injured. 4 out of the last 5, 2 in a row since big ben is back. oh come on now that's just being negative! this team has NO problems! if you think so you're a bandwagon fan who needs to cheer for the pats!

:chuckle:

The_Joker

So you enjoy not changing your tampon?

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:47 PM
we lost to the titans, browns, raiders, and got blown out by the chargers, and just beat ourselves vs the cowboys for good measure! this team is garbage and should quit and be blown up!!!!! :banging::mad::coffee::blah::

Fixed it for you!

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 08:47 PM
My greatest concern is the Steelers. It doesn't matter how well they play or keep it close etc, they just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

This problem of TOs has hung around all year. This is a diseased and dysfunctional team. If they can, by some miracle, get out of their own way, I'll give them a 50/50 chance.

In recent memory only the 06 team was in this teams league in terms of flat, undiciplnedness, and turnover proneness

maddog78
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
This problem of TOs has hung around all year.

And the problem of no TO's on defense. Romo was sacked 31 times and committed 19 TO's in 13 games.

The Steelers sacked him once and turned him over zero times.

tanda10506
12-16-2012, 08:52 PM

Steelers 23 Bengals 20

First off I think we win this game. The Steelers always show up in the playoffs, and that's basically what it is. But get off your high horse, I know you think it's cool to insult others because they are not as optimistic as you, but someone who actually watches the team right now doesn't have much to optimistic about. It's not one OT game to a good team, it's an OT game to an average team, it's getting embarassed AT HOME by a bad team, it's losing road games to Cleveland, Oakland, and Tennessee, it's those things that have people looking at the game REALISTICALLY.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 08:54 PM
So you enjoy not changing your tampon?

Not very nice of you. :thmbdown:

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:55 PM
2005 Steelers, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants folks.

Remember them?

Awful familiar situation we are in, huh?

Can see it now "but Quack, those teams were better than this one!"

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 08:56 PM
all those teams went into the playoffs hot. how's our last 5 games looking?

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:57 PM
all those teams went into the playoffs hot. how's our last 5 games looking?

HAHAHA.

Giants lost to a bad Redskins team at the same time.

God, you people LOVE being cynical, don't you?

maddog78
12-16-2012, 08:57 PM

Remember them?

What did all of those teams do? Sacked QBs and forced TO's. This Steeler team does neither.

Sorry, we're only in the hunt mathematically.

The_Joker
12-16-2012, 08:59 PM

:blah:

Please go tell Tomlin this.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Remember them?

2010 Packers and 2011 Giants were dominant teams that suffered a lot of losses when they both lost a lot of key players.

This is not the same situation. Not even close. We already lost to plenty of shitty teams with just 1 or 2 or even no playmakers out of the game.

Look at Packers right now. Tons of injuries and just clinched their goddamn division today.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
HAHAHA.

Giants lost to a bad Redskins team at the same time.

God, you people LOVE being cynical, don't you?

Wanna put your money where your mouth is? I'll bet you $100 that this team doesn't go to the super bowl

believe me, I'll love to lose this bet.

MillerMania83
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
And the problem of no TO's on defense. Romo was sacked 31 times and committed 19 TO's in 13 games.

The Steelers sacked him once and turned him over zero times.

Same deal with the Chargers...A total patch-work O-line, Rivers isnt a mobile QB by any means, has thrown bad INT's this year....And yet we GET NO PRESSURE on him, don't cause him to throw any bad INT's....Today, Dallas O-line not great by any means, Romo all year throws bad picks...And just like SD game, we get NO PRESSURE and GET NO INT's today....One word, WHY???...I don't get it, I really don't....We have the number #1 ranked D in the league, WHERE....Troy isnt close to making any game changing plays anymore....But these teams play then move on after they play us, and go, for the most part, right back to making the mistakes that have them with bad records this year....I mean cmon, I seen the Carolina score updates all game, SD back home, and Carolina DESTROYED that team today, I just was shakin' my head everytime i seen that Car/SD score today....Are we that bad, really, ARE WE????.

Steel_Bus_24
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
What did all of those teams do? Sacked QBs and forced TO's. This Steeler team does neither.

Until our D starts sacking the Qb with some ferocity and causing turnovers we will never go further then 1 or 2 games in the playoffs of this new NFL

Terminator
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Was is it with Lebeau using our LB's for coverage rather than blitzing, lately? We've been doing this all year and the numbers show it.

maddog78
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Same deal with the Chargers...A total patch-work O-line, Rivers isnt a mobile QB by any means, has thrown bad INT's this year....And yet we GET NO PRESSURE on him, don't cause him to throw any bad INT's....Today, Dallas O-line not great by any means, Romo all year throws bad picks...And just like SD game, we get NO PRESSURE and GET INT's today....One word, WHY???...I don't get it, I really don't....We have the number #1 ranked D in the league, WHERE....Troy isnt close to making any game changing plays anymore....But these teams play then move on after they play us, and go, for the most part, right back to making the mistakes that have them with bad records this year....I mean cmon, I seen the Carolina score updates all game, SD back home, and Carolina DESTROYED that team today, I just was shakin' my head everytime i seen that Car/SD score today....Are we that bad, really, ARE WE????.

Our #1 defensive ranking is a mirage. On offense we're #2 in TOP. When we don't have superstars at OLB, this defense is lost. Right now, Harrison and Woodley are a shadow of what they were in 2008. Woodley is still young and hopefully gets in shape next year, but Harrison is at the end.

Unfortunately, LeBeau is completely incapable of scheming pressure. It MUST come from stars beating their men, and they're not doing it.

Terminator
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Our #1 defensive ranking is a mirage. On offense we're #2 in TOP. When we don't have superstars at OLB, this defense is lost. Right now, Harrison and Woodley are a shadow of what they were in 2008. Woodley is still young and hopefully gets in shape next year, but Harrison is at the end.

Unfortunately, LeBeau is completely incapable of scheming pressure. It MUST come from stars beating their men, and they're not doing it.

Anyone else notice Woodley is fat, now? He has a dunlap gut. WTF?

RavenManiac
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
If you guys beat Cincy and Cleveland and we lose to Giants and at Cincy, then you guys win the division and host a playoff game.

I can tell you that the odds we lose out is pretty good, we are horrific right now and hurt.

The odds you guys win out I also think is pretty good. Cincy is playing okay, but you guys generally own them.

The whole AFC North has issues, but I think it is even money (or better) you guys win the division.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 09:41 PM
If you guys beat Cincy and Cleveland and we lose to Giants and at Cincy, then you guys win the division and host a playoff game.

I can tell you that the odds we lose out is pretty good, we are horrific right now and hurt.

The odds you guys win out I also think is pretty good. Cincy is playing okay, but you guys generally own them.

The whole AFC North has issues, but I think it is even money (or better) you guys win the division.

a lot of if's right now. agree both our teams are looking bad right now.

cincy actually plays us tougher at our home stadium, won't be a walk in the park by any means. will probably be without ike taylor again, and keenan lewis is banged up. not looking forward to seeing AJ green next week

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Steelers open as 4&1/2 point favorites

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Hawaii 5-0
12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Playoffs Begin Next Week For The Steelers Against Bengals

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers 27-24 loss in overtime Sunday to the Dallas Cowboys means the team has now dropped to 7-7 on the season and are on the outside looking in as far as the playoff picture goes.

The good news is that the Steelers still control their own destiny as they can still make the playoffs as at least a Wild Card with wins over the Cincinnati Bengals and the Cleveland Browns in the remaining two games.

The bad news is that they will likely have to win both of those games with a secondary that is full of underachieving young cornerbacks thanks to injuries.

The Steelers were without injured cornerbacks Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen on Sunday and they lost Keenan Lewis in the second half to a groin injury. The team finished the game with Curtis Brown and Josh Victorian manning the outside spots while rookie undrafted free agent defensive back Robert Golden playing in the slot.

The Bengals enter the game next week at Heinz Field against Steelers fresh off a 34-13 blowout win over the Philadelphia Eagles Thursday night and the extra rest certainly will not hurt them.

The loss by the Steelers on Sunday also means that that the Baltimore Ravens have now secured a playoff spot in the AFC.

The Steelers have lost four out of their last five games after reeling off four straight wins. One more loss will mean that the 2012 season is over.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/playoffs-begin-next-week-for-the-steelers-against-bengals/

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 10:46 PM
not willing to take my bet quackjack? that's what I thought

CanuckCurtain
12-16-2012, 11:20 PM
not willing to take my bet quackjack? that's what I thought

What is the quackjack bet?

LVSteelersfan
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
2010 Packers and 2011 Giants were dominant teams that suffered a lot of losses when they both lost a lot of key players.

This is not the same situation. Not even close. We already lost to plenty of shitty teams with just 1 or 2 or even no playmakers out of the game.

Look at Packers right now. Tons of injuries and just clinched their goddamn division today.

Surely you can't be serious. We have had multiple players out in every single game this year. A lot of them got hurt during these games. I have never seen injuries to this extent to the key players on a team. To still be mathematically in the playoff hunt with all of these injuries is a freakin miracle.

Fire Arians
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
What is the quackjack bet?

$100 that this team doesn't make it to the SB, I'd love to lose this bet but I'm just being real. and being a critic of this years performance doesn't make one a for weather fan. I basically said if he believes then put your money where your mouth is

Hawaii 5-0
12-16-2012, 11:47 PM
$100 that this team doesn't make it to the SB, I'd love to lose this bet but I'm just being real. and being a critic of this years performance doesn't make one a for weather fan. I basically said if he believes then put your money where your mouth is

I would be willing to bet a helluva lot more than that, this team is not going to the Super Bowl this season and quite honestly they don't deserve to.

TRH
12-16-2012, 11:49 PM

it is a mirage, no question.

As far as the LB's you speak of, right now Harrison is wiping the floor with Woodley. Woodley got beat a slew of times today and has barely been a playmaker. We gave him the big multi-million dollar deal and at the time he was expected to be one of the best in the league.
Now - you NEVER hear him mentioned in the same breath as the other elite guys in the league. I'd like to see him come into camp next year 10 lbs lighter and more ripped - he definitely doesn't look in 'premium' shape and appears winded.

GoFor7
12-16-2012, 11:52 PM

As far as the LB's you speak of, right now Harrison is wiping the floor with Woodley. Woodley got beat a slew of times today and has barely been a playmaker. We gave him the big multi-million dollar deal and at the time he was expected to be one of the best in the league.
Now - you NEVER hear him mentioned in the same breath as the other elite guys in the league. I'd like to see him come into camp next year 10 lbs lighter and more ripped - he definitely doesn't look in 'premium' shape and appears winded.

Keith Butler has been on Woodley about that, but it must go in one ear and out the other.

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 11:56 PM
It's not a mirage. For the love of god, I have to explain this shit again?

Taylor goes down and our secondary takes a hit. Then, Allen goes down - our starting Nickle CB - and once again, our secondary takes a hit. Then, because apparently LeBeau pissed off the football gods, Lewis goes down and, almost like clockwork, our secondary once again takes a hit. Now, who could have seen that coming? It's almost David fucking Copperfield came and in put a curse on our secondary, isn't it?

Or, using logic, our starting three CBs go down and we use guys from our practice squad and everyone is shocked when our secondary isn't playing like the top unit we've been accustomed to. This is the kind of gross overreaction that I'm tired of seeing. Why don't we criticize our quarterback numbers when Ben goes down? Why don't we take away Timmons, Foote and Adrian Robinson, sign some FAs and practice squad guys and then criticize the shit out of how badly our 'backers our playing. It's essentially the same logic, but when it's put that way it makes it seem ridiculous.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to look ridiculous either.

CanuckCurtain
12-17-2012, 12:04 AM

but he is donating it to people that need it:thumbsup:

dez09231
12-17-2012, 12:43 AM
If we weren't playing divisional games the last two weeks, i'd be hoping that we lose. I remember those seasons ending to the Patriots last decade, and though they don't sting nearly as bad two rings later, I would rather not make the playoffs then lost to them again.

We aren't beating New England. We lose to shit teams because we aren't very good. Even if say we could beat the Patriots somehow..... maybe Brady gets the flu or something, we aren't then going into Houston or Denver and winning. This team doesn't win home games against shit teams, let alone road teams against elite teams.

teegre
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
It's not a mirage. For the love of god, I have to explain this shit again?

Taylor goes down and our secondary takes a hit. Then, Allen goes down - our starting Nickle CB - and once again, our secondary takes a hit. Then, because apparently LeBeau pissed off the football gods, Lewis goes down and, almost like clockwork, our secondary once again takes a hit. Now, who could have seen that coming? It's almost David fucking Copperfield came and in put a curse on our secondary, isn't it?

Or, using logic, our starting three CBs go down and we use guys from our practice squad and everyone is shocked when our secondary isn't playing like the top unit we've been accustomed to. This is the kind of gross overreaction that I'm tired of seeing. Why don't we criticize our quarterback numbers when Ben goes down? Why don't we take away Timmons, Foote and Adrian Robinson, sign some FAs and practice squad guys and then criticize the shit out of how badly our 'backers our playing. It's essentially the same logic, but when it's put that way it makes it seem ridiculous.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to look ridiculous either.

Hell yeah!!! I concur 100%.

I posted this in another thread, but it bears iteration:

At one point, Robert Golden was playing CB. Pittsburgh's third string safety was playing CB... and Dallas could only muster 300 yards passing... and they have some very good WRs. I think that that alone is a testament to how well this defense is playing.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 04:32 AM
You all look like this

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hines-ward-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

NYC_Steeler
12-17-2012, 04:35 AM
You all look like this

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hines-ward-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

After that shitty performance against the Cowboys, you 'betcha!

Fire Arians
12-17-2012, 07:06 AM
You all look like this

yeah and you look like this

"The Steelers are going to the super bowl, we didn't just lose 4 out of the last 5, I don't know what games you were watching!"
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 08:27 AM
yeah and you look like this

"The Steelers are going to the super bowl, we didn't just lose 4 out of the last 5, I don't know what games you were watching!"
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Hey, optimists live longer than pessimests.

torpedoshell31
12-17-2012, 08:47 AM
The Bengal game is going to be very similar to most of the games the Steelers have played this year. It is going to come down to one play or one FG at the end of the game to decide the outcome. I would take the Bengals plus 4 and a half, because either we'll win by 3 or they'll win by 3.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 09:41 AM
The Bengal game is going to be very similar to most of the games the Steelers have played this year. It is going to come down to one play or one FG at the end of the game to decide the outcome. I would take the Bengals plus 4 and a half, because either we'll win by 3 or they'll win by 3.

This. I believe we can win, just like I thought we could win when we had the lead and then Brown fumbled the game away before we had a chance to try and increase the lead. It was a great heads up by the Cowboys ST player (can't remember who knocked it out) but Brown should know better when holding that ball - people are going to try and knock it out - when people are closing in around you, and you need to assume its gonna come from any direction - PROTECT! It's gonna be close either way. It has to be an awful, awful Monday at the Steelers facilities right now. Plus, the now 8 million pound gorilla in the room between Ben and Haley.

They need to have a slapping fest or something and get it out of their system. 2 games to get into the dance, too much time wasting away on doubts with this team. Time for real leaders to step up.

And oh yea, I can't afford to give away a $100 at the moment, so I'll put down a Steelers coffee mug or Pilsner glass or something lol

Fire Haley
12-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Pound the fuck outta the Benglaz...don't make Ben have to be hero in the 4th qtr.....a 21-0 Steelers lead at halftime would make me feel good - Mendy will have a break-out 180 yd game this week, I perdict, seems to me he reacts well to benching

Lady Steel
12-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Pound the fuck outta the Benglaz...don't make Ben have to be hero in the 4th qtr.....a 21-0 Steelers lead at halftime would make me feel good - Mendy will have a break-out 180 yd game this week, I perdict, seems to me he reacts well to benching

If your "perdiction" is correct, I will call you "The Prophet" for the remainder of the year. :laughing:

FrancoLambert
12-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Hey, optimists live longer than pessimests.

Love your optimism Quackjack, but many of us choose to deal with reality. :noidea:

Hawaii 5-0
12-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Lewis has Bengals’ Green in his crosshairs

By F. Dale Lolley
dec 21, 2012

http://ORweb.SX2.atl.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=OR&Date=20121220&Category=SPORTS0403&ArtNo=121229921&Ref=AR&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

Steelers cornerback Keenan Lewis winces in pain during the second half against the Cowboys Sunday.

PITTSBURGH – The Steelers completed their Pro Bowl voting this week as they continued to prepare for Sunday’s critical game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

For cornerback Keenan Lewis, the voting might have come a week too early.

If Lewis plays the way he thinks he can for the Steelers (7-7) Sunday against the Bengals (8-6) at Heinz Field, he might prove he belongs among the best in the AFC. How? By keeping Cincinnati receiver A.J. Green in check.

The Steelers need to win their final two games to make the playoffs, and Lewis figures he’ll play a large role in them getting to the postseason if that happens.

“There’s really no slowing him down,” said Lewis. “I’ve got to go home and watch tape. I told Mike (Wallace), ‘Don’t come to my house this week.’ I’ll watch a lot of tape on him, see the things he likes and things he dislikes and try to go from there.”

With Ike Taylor out for the third consecutive week with a hairline fracture in his ankle, Lewis said he has the task of lining up opposite Green, who has 85 receptions for 1,208 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Lewis was limited in practice Wednesday with a hip injury suffered last week in a 27-24 overtime loss at Dallas. He sat out practice Thursday after slightly twisting his knee in practice Wednesday as he prepares for his toughest assignment of the season.

“I’m good,” Lewis said. “I’m still playing. I’ll be ready to go on Sunday”

With the way he has played this season, keeping Green from single-handedly beating the Steelers would just be icing on the cake for Lewis in his first season as a starter.

“I wouldn’t put everything on Keenan,” said Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. “He’s got to play well, but so do the other 10 people out there.”

Lewis, who was the Steelers’ nickel back last season, leads the NFL with 26 pass deflections and has been a key part of the NFL’s best pass defense.

“He’s another long cornerback,” Green said of Lewis. “He has long arms. He is playing very well. I am going to have to be patient on my releases and keep his hands down.”

Green figures to be highly motivated against the Steelers after they held him to one catch for eight yards in a 24-17 victory in Cincinnati Oct. 21. That one catch went for a touchdown, but Green was largely a non-factor in the game.

“They always brought somebody up and put the safety over the top, the usual,” said Green of how the Steelers limited him.

Lewis, who was already nursing a sore hip, aggravated that injury while leaping high into the air to deflect a potential touchdown pass to Dez Bryant in the fourth quarter of last week’s overtime loss to Dallas.

Lewis slammed hard onto the turf at Cowboys Stadium and tried unsuccessfully to lobby head coach Mike Tomlin to put him back into the game.

It was nothing new for Lewis, who suffered a shoulder injury in training camp that was supposed to sideline him for at least a week. Lewis, who was fighting for a starting job with Cortez Allen, didn’t miss a practice.

“You can’t get off the field and give someone else an opportunity that I don’t want to pass up, so I just have to fight through these injuries and make it through,” said Lewis.

“I’m playing, no matter what. Even if it’s a pull or whatever, I’ll tape it up and be ready to go. You gotta play. The playoffs start now.”

Odds and end zones

In addition to Lewis and Taylor, safety Troy Polamalu (coach’s decision) did not practice Thursday. … Offensive tackle Mike Adams (ankle) was limited. … Defensive end Cam Heyward, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders and defensive end Al Woods, who were either limited or did not practice Wednesday, were full participants Thursday.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20121220/SPORTS0403/121229921#.UNZKbM2FEmw