PDA

View Full Version : Hard to Believe

steelerchad
12-17-2012, 07:39 AM
We still control our playoff destiny at 7-7.
With 2 wins at home, we're in as the #6 seed.
With 2 wins at home and 2 Ravens losses ( NYG and at Bengals) we win the AFC North at 9-7 and the #4 seed.

Steelers>NFL
12-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Ravens are trying hard to give away the division, and the Steelers are just too weak and not good enough to take over the division lead. Even if the Steelers get in the playoffs, they are not going anywhere. They will be out in the first round. Kinda hard to even get excited about potential playoff birth. Especially with their shitty playing, uninspired playing, etc...

maddog78
12-17-2012, 08:02 AM
The Steelers have controlled their destiny all season, and they have 7-7 to show for it. I don't expect anything better than 8-8, and wouldn't be surprised at 7-9.

Terminator
12-17-2012, 08:08 AM
We can't even beat the Chargers at home. You think we will beat the Bengals all of a sudden?

WVABE
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Crazy things happen in football and I'm still on board for a playoff run whether we lose in the wildcard or not.

Believe it or not we still have a chance of going to the superbowl, slim chances but still there.

Atlanta Dan
12-17-2012, 08:58 AM
We can't even beat the Chargers at home. You think we will beat the Bengals all of a sudden?

Vegas thinks so - opening line is Steelers by 4&1/2 to 5

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Follow the money

Pentheon
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Im not giving up, we beat the Bengals and Browns and were in, playoffs anything can happen even with a banged up steelers team and how bad weve played as of late i'm still confident we will win these last two games and make a push in the playoffs. I would never give up on my team regardless how pissed off I am at the way things are going.

Look at it this way, we could be like other teams and still not even have a shot at all, be happy we do people

plenewken
12-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Besides wishful thinking, what makes you believe that a team that has lost 4 out of the last 5 games is going to turn the tide and not only win the last 2 regular season games but also win playoffs games on the road? Plus, we're playing at home and the last 3 homes games turned into 2 losses and a lucky win (against KC!).
Let's be realistic. There's nothing compelling to back that up.

WRXXXGeof
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Besides wishful thinking, what makes you believe that a team that has lost 4 out of the last 5 games is going to turn the tide and not only win the last 2 regular season games but also win playoffs games on the road? Plus, we're playing at home and the last 3 homes games turned into 2 losses and a lucky win (against KC!).

Delusions. Merely Delusions. That or headupass syndrome.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine

We're still in it, and unlike most of you I won't give up until we're out.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
I won't give up and still believe in anything - the Giants, Packers, and Steelers have proved that in the past.

I still reserve the right to bitch.

plenewken
12-17-2012, 12:14 PM

I'm not giving up either. Giving up would mean not watching them play the next 2 Sundays and not rooting for them. I'll watch them but I don't expect much. Now they can always surprise me but I wasn't born yesterday.

JeromeBetties63
12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Delusions. Merely Delusions. That or headupass syndrome.

Exactly what Giants fans were saying at this time last year. Exactly. :blah:

BritishSteel
12-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Wouldn't remotely surprise me if we smash the Bungles then lose 9-6 to the Browns. This season in a nutshell.

If we do make the playoffs though, with our injuries and keystone kops highlight reel, then there can't be a better reason to believe in destiny.

maddog78
12-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Exactly what Giants fans were saying at this time last year. Exactly. :blah:

And then the Giants defense did what they were doing all year, sacked the QB and forced turnovers. All they needed was for Eli to stop imploding.

5 sacks and 3 turnovers of the Jets, and 6 sacks and 2 turnovers against Dallas, their last two wins to go 9-7.

Anyone think this defense can rise up for a couple performances like that?

FanSince72
12-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Being "in it" and being a true contender are two different things.

Even I have to admit that we do not look like a championship team and until we do -- even if we end up in the playoffs, we'll just be there to balance out the field.

What a shame.

What's even worse is that as usual, Dick LeBeau will be free from blame, Haley will be given a pass because "It's his first year with the team" and Tomlin will be crucified because -- well, because he's Tomlin.

Oh and of course Arians will still suck.

*Sigh*

Kingmagyar
12-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Next year's draft is very deep at safety and there is some real good inside linebackers too. Don't forget another WR and RB on the wish list as well.

steelersfan299
12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
I think the Ravens are going to lose on purpose in Week 17 so the Steelers can't go the playoffs and so they can rest their starters for the playoffs.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I think the Ravens are going to lose on purpose in Week 17 so the Steelers can't go the playoffs and so they can rest their starters for the playoffs.

If we win the next 2 games there is nothing anyone can do to stop us. Not the Bengals, the Ravens or the Jets.

steelerchad
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM

If we beat the Bengals and the Giants beat the Ravens, the Ravens will have to play week 17 or risk us passing them for the #4 seed and them getting the #6. This would make them go on the road to Denver or NE and put us at home against the Colts.

I think they'll be playing to beat Cincy that week if week 16 works out to plan.

Lord of Lombardi
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Ravens are trying hard to give away the division, and the Steelers are just too weak and not good enough to take over the division lead. Even if the Steelers get in the playoffs, they are not going anywhere. They will be out in the first round. Kinda hard to even get excited about potential playoff birth. Especially with their shitty playing, uninspired playing, etc...

Agreed. We obviously need better draft picks. And Cincy and Browns are no guaranteed wins. This team sucks!

cowherpower
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM

Team from recent history have proven that going into the playoffs, even just being on a two game winning streak, can use that momentum to make a lot of noise. I don't think we can but there is that little part of me that believes everyone can get healthy and start playing lights out and go on a run. I know its farfetched but it has been done.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-18-2012, 12:09 AM
The Cowboys game was the best the Steelers have looked in a while. If they hit their stride at juuuust the right time...

teegre
12-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Team from recent history have proven that going into the playoffs, even just being on a two game winning streak, can use that momentum to make a lot of noise. I don't think we can but there is that little part of me that believes everyone can get healthy and start playing lights out and go on a run. I know its farfetched but it has been done.

Win two games.
Get on a roll.
BB gets back to his MVP-type of form.
No fumbles.
No fumbles.
No fumbles.
Win seventh SuperBowl.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Also, it can't be understated how important it would be to get Ike Taylor back.

teegre
12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Also, it can't be understated how important it would be to get Ike Taylor back.

And, Keenan... and Cortez.

Here is the depth chart, 1-5... and a safety*:

1. Ike: OUT
2. Keenan: OUT
3. Cortez: OUT
4. Victorian: starting
5. Brown: starting
6. Golden: nickel back

*[And, Golden is the third-string safety.]

The Curtain's Crusader
12-18-2012, 04:20 AM
Win two games.
Get on a roll.
BB gets back to his MVP-type of form.
No fumbles.
No fumbles.
No fumbles.
Win seventh SuperBowl.

I said after the loss Sunday that it's almost the definition of insanity to expect anything different than what we've been seeing, but I still feel that this team could put it together these last two games and go into the playoffs with a bit of momentum. I'll probably realize Sunday how stupid this comment was, but I still feel like it's possible. How healthy the DB's are (among MANY other things) is going to play a big part in that becoming a reality, though.

Come on, Steelers. Don't make me look like a moron...again. :tt02:

bornaSteelersfan
12-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Yes it is hard to believe. The way the Steelers are playing, it seems pretty hopeless. There are moments of pure joy and suddenly we shoot ourselves in the foot (No offense, Plaxico). I would not be surprised if Andy Dalton and the Bengals come over, run a no huddle offense, and destroy our decimated secondary. Neither Polamalu nor God himself will be able to save us. I still have hope and will still watch the game, but I will not be surprised one bit if I wind up shutting it off at halftime.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 06:04 AM
God, where is our DBs?! We need them ASAP!

Danny136200
12-18-2012, 06:43 AM

Lets be optimistic. We play our last two games at home, against teams that we have owned in the past.

I understand that people are down on this team, whether it be injuries or peoples clouded mind about how much Tomlin sucks at his job (he does not, btw). But to say that we cannot beat the Browns and Bengals?? I think thats a crime in Pittsburgh, I am pretty sure of that.

bornaSteelersfan
12-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Lets be optimistic. We play our last two games at home, against teams that we have owned in the past.

I understand that people are down on this team, whether it be injuries or peoples clouded mind about how much Tomlin sucks at his job (he does not, btw). But to say that we cannot beat the Browns and Bengals?? I think thats a crime in Pittsburgh, I am pretty sure of that.

Tomlin is an OK coach, but the team lacks 2 D's right now (no, not defense): Discipline and Desire. The Bengals are a formidable team this year and on a "hot streak". The Steelers are imploding as much as The Ravens. If we had simply won the last 2 games, we would be the leaders of our division. Judging by the way we lost those games, I cannot expect us to win the next 2 (heated divisional games). Even if we win out, there are sure to be even more injuries. We may be calling up the rest of our practice roster if we somehow manage to squeak into the playoffs.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Follow the money folks. Vegas has us favorites on the spread by 4.

plenewken
12-18-2012, 07:08 AM

If you consider that a weak Bengals team couldn't beat a better Steelers team in the past, you should consider that at this moment, the weak team is the Steelers, with the associated consequences.
I'm not optimistic, because I can't find good and logical reasons to be.

I certainly hope we win but I won't bet the farm on it.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 07:12 AM
I certainly hope we win but I won't bet the farm on it.

:blah:

Vegas sure is.

plenewken
12-18-2012, 07:26 AM
:blah:

Vegas sure is.

I think we should offer Trump our HC position. :idea:

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I think we should offer Trump our HC position. :idea:

:rofl:

I think the odds know what they're doing. I am picking us by 7.

Willing to bet against anyone who thinks otherwise.

:tt03:

WVABE
12-18-2012, 08:39 AM
I picked the steelers by 14 and then with a 7 point lead that all ended.
I believe this will be another tight one despite the secondary, 21-20.

EbonySteel86
12-18-2012, 10:49 AM
And then the Giants defense did what they were doing all year, sacked the QB and forced turnovers. All they needed was for Eli to stop imploding.

5 sacks and 3 turnovers of the Jets, and 6 sacks and 2 turnovers against Dallas, their last two wins to go 9-7.

Anyone think this defense can rise up for a couple performances like that?

Nnnnnnnnnnnope! When's the draft?

Rotorhead
12-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Well, if we can get Ike and Lewis back after the Browns (hopefully securing a playoff spot) we shoud be ok, our current Oline will have had 3 weeks to start gelling and our LBs wont have to help our DBs in coverage so much. Getting healthy will be the key (as well as winning) these next 2 weeks. If we can sneak in AND get healthy we could pull some upsets.

btaylor179
12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
want to get in playoffs so bad but honestly dont see us making it with this team.......aj green will tear up our dbs

teegre
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Everyone is talking about AJ Green versus Pittsburgh's CBs... and rightly so.

But... what about Cincinnati's POUROUS O-line? They gave up a bunch of sacks, which turned into turnovers, to Philadelphia. I could see Harrison having a great game.

More importantly, I feel that Pitrsburgh's offense "can" compete with any team, as long as they eliminate their OWN mistakes: fumbles, dropped passes, fumbles, holding penalties, fumbles, not getting their feet in bounds, fumbles, "bad" INTs, fumbles, and fumbles.

Rotorhead
12-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Well, SD's Oline was porous too, that equaled zero pressure, so i am not counting on that. Hopefully we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot and just play sound football. Fortunately Cincy's other receivers arent a major threat so we just need to worry about Green, hope Lewis is able to go.