PDA

View Full Version : Just Say No To Wallace

ChristianKustomz
12-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble? Yesterday causing us the game. The week before that a touchdown and the week before that game up a scoring drive and then allowed a TD for the opposing team? Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor positioning, interceptions and lets not forget fumbles and turnovers from this man alone. Don't get me started on Brown...Maybe it's me but Big Ben seems to overlook obvious players for short gains on slant passes or players that are wide open in the running field. But why oh why does he throw the ball to unproven players like Mike Wallace and not other players....let me rephrase (after yesterday's game); our players?

It seems as though BB has his 2 or 3 favorite players and will throw only to them.

Well yesterday proves my theory. Another attempt to Wallace and the Wallace curse bites us again.

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble? Yesterday causing us the game. The week before that a touchdown and the week before that game up a scoring drive and then allowed a TD for the opposing team? Dropped passes, wrong routes, poor positioning, interceptions and lets not forget fumbles and turnovers from this man alone. Don't get me started on Brown...Maybe it's me but Big Ben seems to overlook obvious players for short gains on slant passes or players that are wide open in the running field. But why oh why does he throw the ball to unproven players like Mike Wallace and not other players....let me rephrase (after yesterday's game); our players?

It seems as though BB has his 2 or 3 favorite players and will throw only to them.

Well yesterday proves my theory. Another attempt to Wallace and the Wallace curse bites us again.

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

Wallace is unproven? Having a bad season, like Brown and Sanders, but unproven? When he does hang on to the ball, he shows why he is a great receiver.

But hey, lets get more of Lenard Pope out there.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Wallace is unproven? Having a bad season, like Brown and Sanders, but unproven? When he does hang on to the ball, he shows why he is a great receiver.

But hey, lets get more of Lenard Pope out there.

Honestly, I just think all of Ben's weapons have lost faith, and the turnover issues are compounded because every time it happens, it messes with their minds a little. Heath is the only option I trust right now. Every other one has some head-issues to deal with. The more it happens, the more it happens - know what I mean?

TRH
12-17-2012, 10:01 AM
There's still alot of good in Wallace - but almost without question, he'll be gone next year.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
For all you Brown lovers he is no better, and Sanders is better when he is injured.

I'll take Wallace but with a better attitude.

If these dumbasses are talking to Mendy about a contract, than there is no way in hell we let wallace walk.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
For all you Brown lovers he is no better, and Sanders is better when he is injured.

I'll take Wallace but with a better attitude.

If these dumbasses are talking to Mendy about a contract, than there is no way in hell we let wallace walk.

So the Steelers are breaking their long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season to try and keep an underachieving RB? :noidea:

Does Mendenhall even want to come back to this team?

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 10:36 AM
So the Steelers are breaking their long-standing tradition of not negotiating contracts during the season to try and keep an underachieving RB? :noidea:

Does Mendenhall even want to come back to this team?

Benchedhard Spinthenfall will either be playing with the Cardinals, Colts, or will be the only cult member to drink the dixie cup. Such the "philosophizer"

lipps83
12-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I would be okay with it if Wallace were to resign a contract similar to Brown's but I don't think he will. I don't think he is worth any more than that, especially when his speed starts to fade he has nothing else to his game.

Steel Peon
12-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok as many have greatly expressed their opinion about Mike Wallace (myself included) has anyone else noticed that every time (99%) when the ball gets thrown to him he puts us in trouble?
He's certainly not to blame for every bad thing all season, but having Mike Wallace around this year has been more trouble than it was worth. It'll be interesting to see how much better the team does without him next year. And yes, I'm talking about next year, because this season's been over for a while, and we're just going through the motions of wrapping it up.
The man has been poison to us ever since last season ended, and is now an embarrasment, to not only the Steelers, but also to the entire league.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 10:43 AM
but he caught his 3rd or 4th long bomb of the year! Forget everything else!

I've posted this number before: 3 years, 16.5 million with 9 mil guaranteed up front. That is fair to keep him IMO.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Can they offer Brown a pay-cut?

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 10:50 AM
it's not like he's earned the contract this year. Might as well ask him to restructure to help out other areas IMO

MACH1
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Yay another Wallace thread.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb91/bubbadog4x4/fat.gif

Hawaii 5-0
12-17-2012, 11:39 AM
but he caught his 3rd or 4th long bomb of the year! Forget everything else!

I've posted this number before: 3 years, 16.5 million with 9 mil guaranteed up front. That is fair to keep him IMO.

Mike Wallace wants Vincent Jackson $, and he isn't going to get it from us.

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Have to replace him though. Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver in this league. He'd rather dance around than play smart it seems.

If Wallace walks, and I'm all for it, he's been crappy, you have to spend that dough on another big time WR. You can't just say, well we're fine with Sanders and Cotchery stepping in...because we're fucking not

Hawaii 5-0
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Have to replace him though. Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver in this league. He'd rather dance around than play smart it seems.

If Wallace walks, and I'm all for it, he's been crappy, you have to spend that dough on another big time WR. You can't just say, well we're fine with Sanders and Cotchery stepping in...because we're fucking not

agreed $$$$

zsheik22
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I hate living in the past, but The Sleelers need a Hines Ward.

He is missed on the field, a lot. Young Money doesnt like catching in traffic and being hit, and they cant hold onto the ball either.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Loose Change Crew represent!

lardlad
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Have to replace him though. Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver in this league.

I think he is, he certainly was last year. He blew it last night no doubt but I am willing to say what he has happened this year as the exception. He has done absolutely awesome things for us he first two seasons. He looked to be picking up where he left off until he got hurt. I think they are all pressing, trying to get ahead of the game. They need to settle down and play within themselves.

That said Wallace is leading the team so… I dunno. IMO none of this has to do with skills, these guys are making mental mistakes. IF they handle these losses the right way, they can learn from this and come out better players.

SteelersCanada
12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
The Curse of Wallace? Or, maybe Ben was just trying to find his number one receiver for a big play in overtime in a game that meant us being in the playoffs or not. Either one.

Cherinko
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
It's not like the ball deflected off of Wallace or something. Ben hit the DB in the hands with the ball. Don't see how you can put any of that on Wallace.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Loose Change - I like it. How about Mo Money Mo Problems or - Fat Money. They look 0.7 lbs heavier than last season

SteelersCanada
12-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Loose Change - I like it. How about Mo Money Mo Problems or - Fat Money. They look 0.7 lbs heavier than last season

They're boarding on obese.

pete74
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I love how some of you blame Wallace for this. Ben thru that ball into Carr's waiting hands. He was running towards Ben annd Wallace was running away from Ben. I know a lot of you like to blame everything on Wallace since his contract is almost up but he is our best WR. He is leading our team in yards and touchdowns and that is usually what a teams best WR does. Calvin Johnson has more drops this year then Wallace and so does Victor Cruz so do they suck as well?

torpedoshell31
12-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Ben didn't throw the ball hard enough, so it hung up more than it should have. However Wallace just stood there and watched Carr make a diving catch and run 36 yards down to the 1 yard line. If he touches Carr down, who is lying at his feet, the Cowboys have the ball at the 37 yd line. Would they score from there? Probably, but if the defense holds them there, they have to try a 50 plus yard FG.

steelfury02
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I love how some of you blame Wallace for this. Ben thru that ball into Carr's waiting hands. He was running towards Ben annd Wallace was running away from Ben. I know a lot of you like to blame everything on Wallace since his contract is almost up but he is our best WR. He is leading our team in yards and touchdowns and that is usually what a teams best WR does. Calvin Johnson has more drops this year then Wallace and so does Victor Cruz so do they suck as well?

i hear what you're saying - I think this point just reemphasizes the idea that the quality of the NFL is going downhill

ChristianKustomz
12-17-2012, 02:20 PM
It's not like the ball deflected off of Wallace or something. Ben hit the DB in the hands with the ball. Don't see how you can put any of that on Wallace.

Easily...he once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous! He shows no effort ir hunger fir the game. He just expects the ball to mysteriously end up in his hands without trying.

I too miss Hines Ward. I started a thread in the past about asking Mr. Ward to please come back out of retirement. We still need him.

steelax04
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Easily...he once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous! He shows no effort ir hunger fir the game. He just expects the ball to mysteriously end up in his hands without trying.

I too miss Hines Ward. I started a thread in the past about asking Mr. Ward to please come back out of retirement. We still need him.

It was a terribly thrown ball. Well behind Wallace. If anything, Wallace running a poor route helped make it a close pass. If he runs a sharp route, he's even closer to the sideline than he was and the ball is even further behind him. If Ben throws a good pass, it ends up hitting Wallace in the ankles because he rounded his route.

As for going after Carr, it would have been extremely close to getting him down by contact, but I agree that there was no effort on Wallace's part.

And if we're hanging our hopes on Ward coming out of retirement, we're in more trouble than we all think.

torpedoshell31
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
i hear what you're saying - I think this point just reemphasizes the idea that the quality of the NFL is going downhill

The ability to catch the football is becoming a lost art in the NFL. Too many teams are looking for track stars instead of steady, reliable WR's. I'm in my 50's, so I distinctly recall the Super Bowl teams of the 70's. If Swann or Stallworth dropped a pass (which happened maybe once a year) the crowd would gasp in shock and disbelief of what they just saw. Now if you see one of our WR's running open and the balling sailing towards them, there is maybe a 50-50 chance they'll catch it.

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
We need to A keep Wallace, B get a solid WR in the FA or C draft a WR.

Can't let Wallace walk AND not replace him with solid hands.

sloppyjoe
12-17-2012, 04:06 PM
We need to A keep Wallace, B get a solid WR in the FA or C draft a WR.

Can't let Wallace walk AND not replace him with solid hands.

wallass doesnt want to be here.

zcoop
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Its amazing isn't it, blame Mike and let Ben off the fucking hook. The guy has a good game and they can't stand it, poor babies. Some of these folks are so obvious. They can't handle the truth that Mike is an elite WR in the NFL.

pete74
12-17-2012, 05:51 PM
wallass doesnt want to be here.

Says who? Most of what people are going on is purely speculation. I have yet to hear Wallace say he wants Fitz money or say he wanted out of Pittsburgh

zcoop
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Says who? Most of what people are going on is purely speculation. I have yet to hear Wallace say he wants Fitz money or say he wanted out of Pittsburgh

Exactly, the guy has been a class act and not discussed the negotiations with the team publicly. People who don't know a damn thing are mouthing off (including the talking heads in the media).

austinfrench76
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
I have nothing nice to say so I'll say nothing at all...

PATS16N0
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
If nobody will give Wallace the cash he wants it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up a Patriot as our #3 receiver, but it would be a one or two year deal for nothing spectacular. Last off season, there was some talk about wanting him but we need to Pay Welker and a few offensive lineman this year so if he thinks he's getting big money it's not going to happen.

We can only offer him a Superbowl ring and Ocho money.

Lord of Lombardi
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Wallace has quit. Plain and simple like his mind. After Ben's Int. he watched as the DB got up and ran 35 yards. And wake up Two Bit Tomlin, Wallace has now worn off on Brown. However there is good news, Plax is back so there is a weapon in the locker room and hopefully Wallace will shoot himself in the leg.

I am an embarrassed Fan to admit we have Plax back.

Where was the special team's coach yelling at Brown to move up like 20 yards to field that punt? And in the huddle, did anyone mention to our players to not go out of bounds on that 3rd and 26? We are so frikin stupid we can't even remember the little things like the rules and forget about coaching that is needed at these vital times. But the good news is if the Jets win tonight, we are tie with them. All you need to hear.

At least Troy already retired.

zcoop
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Wallace has quit. Plain and simple like his mind. After Ben's Int. he watched as the DB got up and ran 35 yards. And wake up Two Bit Tomlin, Wallace has now worn off on Brown. However there is good news, Plax is back so there is a weapon in the locker room and hopefully Wallace will shoot himself in the leg.

I am an embarrassed Fan to admit we have Plax back.

Where was the special team's coach yelling at Brown to move up like 20 yards to field that punt? And in the huddle, did anyone mention to our players to not go out of bounds on that 3rd and 26? We are so frikin stupid we can't even remember the little things like the rules and forget about coaching that is needed at these vital times. But the good news is if the Jets win tonight, we are tie with them. All you need to hear.

At least Troy already retired.

^ Pure Ignant shit! Not even ignorant.

casteeler
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
When Ben threw the pick in OT Wallace stood there and stared at the DB,the DB got up and ran towards the goal line. I watched the replay and it pissed me off ! The guy makes little effort and makes a lot of money.The whole team with exception for a few players stink and appear to make little effort but I think Wallace takes the cake

Lord of Lombardi
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Its amazing isn't it, blame Mike and let Ben off the fucking hook. The guy has a good game and they can't stand it, poor babies. Some of these folks are so obvious. They can't handle the truth that Mike is an elite WR in the NFL.

Mike is an elite WR in the NFL? Elite WR's don't disappear for half a season. Not talking about this year. Elite WR's know the damn basic rules. If you didn't see his play on the int. then you missed him watch the DB as he fell to the ground and Mikey stood there watching with hands on hips......Get a clue, this chump has quit on this team like this team has quit on it's fans.

And relax if you like Wallace so much, you now havfe two of them since Mike has now infected Brown. They both play without a brain. If you count the 3 plays where Brown fumbled, punt screw up and ran out of bounds. Other than that, he had a Wallace of a game!

I'll be glad when this Plax II is gone

zcoop
12-17-2012, 06:28 PM
If nobody will give Wallace the cash he wants it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up a Patriot as our #3 receiver, but it would be a one or two year deal for nothing spectacular. Last off season, there was some talk about wanting him but we need to Pay Welker and a few offensive lineman this year so if he thinks he's getting big money it's not going to happen.

We can only offer him a Superbowl ring and Ocho money.

Trust me, if you get Wallace in your fox hole, you'll pony up some cash. He ain't washed up like the other folks you bring in your camp. You and the ratbirds would be the last places I would like to see him go to if we don't sign him.

zcoop
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Mike is an elite WR in the NFL? Elite WR's don't disappear for half a season. Not talking about this year. Elite WR's know the damn basic rules. If you didn't see his play on the int. then you missed him watch the DB as he fell to the ground and Mikey stood there watching with hands on hips......Get a clue, this chump has quit on this team like this team has quit on it's fans.

And relax if you like Wallace so much, you now havfe two of them since Mike has now infected Brown. They both play without a brain. If you count the 3 plays where Brown fumbled, punt screw up and ran out of bounds. Other than that, he had a Wallace of a game!

I'll be glad when this Plax II is gone

The numbers don't lie. You can't dispute them, can you? Just because you say/type it doesn't make it so. Mike's success is eatin your azz up. He will get his money next year and I hope we don't shit and step in it by letting him go. You got the wrong guy on the int, Ben screwed that up, in your words chump:chuckle:.

Lord of Lombardi
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Trust me, if you get Wallace in your fox hole, you'll pony up some cash. He ain't washed up like the other folks you bring in your camp. You and the ratbirds would be the last places I would like to see him go to if we don't sign him.

You are completely right in that small mind of yours. Wallace is an elite WR. Wait...listen.... Did you hear that? That sound is the entire league laughing at you? If he is what you call an elite receiver then 31 other teams would have signed him to an offer sheet earlier this year for a number one pick. So tell me, why does he still wear the black n gold?

Wallace lacks integrity, heart, football sense and what he showed yesterday, a brain.

So really.... Are you Mike Wallace?

zcoop
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
You are completely right in that small mind of yours. Wallace is an elite WR. Wait...listen.... Did you hear that? That sound is the entire league laughing at you? If he is what you call an elite receiver then 31 other teams would have signed him to an offer sheet earlier this year for a number one pick. So tell me, why does he still wear the black n gold?

Wallace lacks integrity, heart, football sense and what he showed yesterday, a brain.

Naw, if I were Mike, I wouldn't be on the boards. But I'm much smarter than you are. I don't have to call you names in discussions, my vocabulary is in tact. Perhaps you don't understand what teams would have had to give up to get him last offseason. This year will be very different.

Lord of Lombardi
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
The numbers don't lie. You can't dispute them, can you? Just because you say/type it doesn't make it so. Mike's success is eatin your azz up. He will get his money next year and I hope we don't shit and step in it by letting him go. You got the wrong guy on the int, Ben screwed that up, in your words chump:chuckle:.

What numbers are you referring to? Look at last year's nuimbers and this year. He has proved if he doesn't get what he wants, he quits..

Interceptions are going to happen numb nuts. That is the game. When you have a dumb ass receiver watch as the rock is carried down the field and the entire fan base (the ones with half a wit) recognize his football ignorance for what it is. See many posts where Mikey is recognized for the truth.

Your dumb ass is stuck on placing blame instead of holding EVERY player accountable for being a team and helping one another's mistakes. Ben did screw up but Ben does not throw his WR's under the bus or give up on them if they drop balls. Wallshit turned his back and gave up on his QB and the play.

I'll be glad when Plax II is gone.

Wallace is a quitter.

Lord of Lombardi
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Naw, if I were Mike, I wouldn't be on the boards. But I'm much smarter than you are. I don't have to call you names in discussions, my vocabulary is in tact. Perhaps you don't understand what teams would have had to give up to get him last offseason. This year will be very different.

First round draft pick That is all

Didn't happen

There is a reason for that.

pete74
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM

If you consider what Wallace did yesterday brainless then whst about Brown?

Steel Peon
12-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Wallace has quit. Plain and simple like his mind. After Ben's Int. he watched as the DB got up and ran 35 yards.
once again did not run his route correctly and just stood there looking at the ball like a deer looking at headlights instead of going to the ball. It's ridiculous!
Wallace just stood there and watched Carr make a diving catch and run 36 yards down to the 1 yard line. If he touches Carr down, who is lying at his feet, the Cowboys have the ball at the 37 yd line.
A great number of you are missing this point, and it's too bad that Wallass might have anybody bamboozled into thinking he's anything but a negative for us at this point. The absolute moment I saw that play I thought "Damnit Ben!" But then immediately afterwards Wallace's "ineptitude" (which actually was the final nail) made me say "F*** you buddy! You're tarnishing that uniform." And then I shut the game off, and I'm not even sure I want to watch any more Steelers games until that sack of dog crap isn't playing for us anymore. Sure there were mistakes by other players, but I never once got the impression that they were dogging it, and Wallace has become the poster boy for Prima donnas.
I hate living in the past, but The Sleelers need a Hines Ward........He is missed on the field, a lot.
Boy, you guys said a mouthful. Anyone think it's a coincidence that both our top receivers have turned into dipsh1ts the year he's not there? I don't......in fact I'd have him back in a heartbeat......right stinkin' now!
Loose Change Crew represent!
I loled.

Blackout
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
A great number of you are missing this point, and it's too bad that Wallass might have anybody bamboozled into thinking he's anything but a negative for us at this point. The absolute moment I saw that play I thought "Damnit Ben!" But then immediately afterwards Wallace's "ineptitude" (which actually was the final nail) made me say "F*** you buddy! You're tarnishing that uniform." And then I shut the game off, and I'm not even sure I want to watch any more Steelers games until that sack of dog crap isn't playing for us anymore. Sure there were mistakes by other players, but I never once got the impression that they were dogging it, and Wallace has become the poster boy for Prima donnas.
All I can read out of this is pure hyperbole.

Really "sack of dog crap" is necessary?

zcoop
12-17-2012, 07:45 PM
What numbers are you referring to? Look at last year's nuimbers and this year. He has proved if he doesn't get what he wants, he quits..

Interceptions are going to happen numb nuts. That is the game. When you have a dumb ass receiver watch as the rock is carried down the field and the entire fan base (the ones with half a wit) recognize his football ignorance for what it is. See many posts where Mikey is recognized for the truth.

Your dumb ass is stuck on placing blame instead of holding EVERY player accountable for being a team and helping one another's mistakes. Ben did screw up but Ben does not throw his WR's under the bus or give up on them if they drop balls. Wallshit turned his back and gave up on his QB and the play.

I'll be glad when Plax II is gone.

Wallace is a quitter.

Attempting to reason with you is futile. I will not lower myself to that level, I'm smarter than that. You believe what you want to big man.

Steel Peon
12-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Really "sack of dog crap" is necessary?
Yep

I never had a hard-on for this one-trick-pony like a lot of other people have. I will admit some of his questionable usefulness ain't his fault, only because Ben can't deliver the long ball accurately enough of the time. But even when the ball is on target, it's a 50-50 shot he'll catch it. After that, his usefulness comes to a screeching halt, and slams into reverse, dragging the whole team backwards. After last nights round of dogging it, to me, he's a poop stain on the team's uniform. Wallace just ain't a football player......he's a track runner.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-17-2012, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't say he should be cut or anything if this were any other year in his contract, but with his contract situation, it's almost a guarantee he'll be gone next year, along with Mendenhall.

ChristianKustomz
12-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I say get rid of Wallace and give him to the Olympics for running but lets face it...the man can't catch and he has proven himself unreliable.

It's just a fact. He can speed down the field like a bullet but what's the point if he's not going to catch the ball? We are paying him millions of dollars to watch him sprint down a field and drop the passes.

He is a horrible player and I cringe every time the ball is thrown to him because I know like we all know he's going to drop it. When your average is 1 catch out of every 13 that's HORID!

I say get rid of him. He simply is not worth the hype his mouth tried to cash in on.

TheVet
12-18-2012, 12:40 AM

Well at least your vocabulary is in tact.

:coffee:

The Curtain's Crusader
12-18-2012, 03:15 AM
I don't have a problem keeping him...IF his on-field attitude can change. Might be a long shot, but I wouldn't mind having him back if that were the case. Even with all the times I've crapped on him this season.

pete74
12-18-2012, 04:09 AM
You guys do realize Wallace leads our team in yards and touchdowns? If he isn't a true WR then what is Brown and Sanders? Wallace has more touchdowns then both them combined. As for his drops, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, etc....all have more.

plenewken
12-18-2012, 06:31 AM
As for his drops, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, etc....all have more.

Relative to the number of caught passes? I don't think so.

pete74
12-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Relative to the number of caught passes? I don't think so.

Actually very very close percent wise. Go do the math.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 09:30 AM
But, Wallace doesn't meet our "standard." :sofunny:

Edman
12-18-2012, 10:07 AM
The sooner Wallace gets out of Pittsburgh, the better.

The guy is a headache and a cancer, and like a cancer, it spreads. Now our 2011 MVP is having a crappy season.

ZoneBlitzer
12-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I never thought that I would say this but the Steelers need Mike Wallace. He's just not worthy of the big money but he's a good asset on the team. They need what he brings. The other two are plummeting. Brown has the worst affliction of them all. He is football dumb.

GoFor7
12-18-2012, 12:02 PM
I never thought that I would say this but the Steelers need Mike Wallace. He's just not worthy of the big money but he's a good asset on the team. They need what he brings. The other two are plummeting. Brown has the worst affliction of them all. He is football dumb.

I still find it funny that so many fans crucify Wallace for holding out, but ignore Brown's shortcomings this season. Brown was the guy who actually took the big payday, you should probably be more angry at him.

pete74
12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
The sooner Wallace gets out of Pittsburgh, the better.

The guy is a headache and a cancer, and like a cancer, it spreads. Now our 2011 MVP is having a crappy season.

Explainto me how he is a cancer? What has he done or said to make you think this?

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-18-2012, 12:33 PM
It was a terribly thrown ball. Well behind Wallace. If anything, Wallace running a poor route helped make it a close pass. If he runs a sharp route, he's even closer to the sideline than he was and the ball is even further behind him. If Ben throws a good pass, it ends up hitting Wallace in the ankles because he rounded his route.

As for going after Carr, it would have been extremely close to getting him down by contact, but I agree that there was no effort on Wallace's part.

And if we're hanging our hopes on Ward coming out of retirement, we're in more trouble than we all think.

Disagree strongly about the pass.

That was a perfectly thrown sideline pass by Big Ben. Wallace was supposed to run an out, but did not come back for the ball at all. Instead, the CB ran his route better than Wallace, came back for the pass, and picked it off.

Wallace also showed his dedication to the game when we escorted the Dallas defender into the endzone.

pete74
12-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Its funny how everything is Wallace's fault. The ball was thrown behind Wallace on his longest catch of the game but he adjusted and made the catch keeping us in the game. In overtime it was thrown behind him again and Carr was there to make a diving catch yet somhow thats Wallace'S fault because he should of anticipated a bad throw.

When you run an out your about 7 yards off the sideline. You run straight at full speed for 7-10 yards before cutting a 90 degree angle towards the sideline. How do you have time to come back for the ball? Its not a 30 yard pass were you can adjust

LVSteelersfan
12-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately for us Wallace is the best receiver on the team. I am constantly mad at him for dogging it and that INT in OT was inexcusable for him to just stand there and watch when he was right there instead of touching the guy down. He should have used his speed to run him down from behind and strip the damn ball out of his hands. Brown has been very inconsistent the past few weeks. We were still in the game when he just stood and watched the ball rolling around in the end zone against San Diego. That pretty much put the nail in the coffin. And we had the game in the bag when he fumbled the punt on Sunday. Don't know why his concentration in critical times has gone to dog crap. Why don't we bench them both and go with Cotchery, Plax and Gilreath the rest of the way. That will show them by golly. NO, how about they just get their heads out of their butts and think a little bit.

pete74
12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately for us Wallace is the best receiver on the team. I am constantly mad at him for dogging it and that INT in OT was inexcusable for him to just stand there and watch when he was right there instead of touching the guy down. He should have used his speed to run him down from behind and strip the damn ball out of his hands. Brown has been very inconsistent the past few weeks. We were still in the game when he just stood and watched the ball rolling around in the end zone against San Diego. That pretty much put the nail in the coffin. And we had the game in the bag when he fumbled the punt on Sunday. Don't know why his concentration in critical times has gone to dog crap. Why don't we bench them both and go with Cotchery, Plax and Gilreath the rest of the way. That will show them by golly. NO, how about they just get their heads out of their butts and think a little bit.

I wouldnt mibd seeibg them benched. All thre have been a screwing up

SteelersCanada
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
We need to gameplan around Wallace and not avoid him. While it's debatable whether or not he's the best WR on this team, he's the only one not in some kind of slump right now. Avoiding him is the dumbest thing we could do.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
pretty much have to go with what we got

Plax needs to dress IMO.

Penn
12-19-2012, 09:03 AM

We need him more now than ever. Sanders cant stay healthy, he isnt a number 2 guy for the future. That isnt to mention him unable to take a hit and hold onto the ball.

Brown has had an up and down year, he started off strong this year but he lack of touchdowns is still a concern.

Cotchery is the new Hines

Plax is just a giant question mark, he should dress and Sanders should be quasi benched for poor performance / injury

The Steelers need to franchise him for next season in my opinion. Then he will have his chance to prove to this team all over again if he is worth the big bucks

Rowland2110
12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
The Curse of Wallace? Or, maybe Ben was just trying to find his number one receiver for a big play in overtime in a game that meant us being in the playoffs or not. Either one.

Both receivers on the other side of the field has one on one coverage. The inside receiver was given a huge cushion.

Ben never even looked and threw into what was basically triple coverage.

ZoneBlitzer
12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Both receivers on the other side of the field has one on one coverage. The inside receiver was given a huge cushion.

Ben never even looked and threw into what was basically triple coverage.

Correct. He's not reading the field as well as he did at the start of the year. He's been locking into his primary too often and forcing throws. He needs to reset himself and take what the defense gives him. The receiver on the inside was wide open. I hope they show him tape of what he was doing at the start of the year.

steelfury02
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Correct. He's not reading the field as well as he did at the start of the year. He's been locking into his primary too often and forcing throws. He needs to reset himself and take what the defense gives him. The receiver on the inside was wide open. I hope they show him tape of what he was doing at the start of the year.

very interesting - I'll have to go back and look at some similar situations - the injury I'm sure threw off the routine he was getting into

zcoop
12-19-2012, 05:41 PM

True, they were not about to let Mike beat them. Although a good pass would have resulted in a small gain on the out, the middle route would have a 20+ yard gain.

xbroughneck
12-19-2012, 07:11 PM
To be honest, the offense misses Santonio Holmes. The Steelers don't have a definitive go to threat that they can count on to get separation.

Antonio is a good #2

Wallace is an average #2 (base on hands and route running)

Right now, Heath Miller is the consistent #1.

Ben needs that consistent outlet receiver that the team lost when Santonio went elsewhere.

harrison'samonster
12-19-2012, 07:19 PM
To be honest, the offense misses Santonio Holmes. The Steelers don't have a definitive go to threat that they can count on to get separation.

Antonio is a good #2

Wallace is an average #2 (base on hands and route running)

Right now, Heath Miller is the consistent #1.

Ben needs that consistent outlet receiver that the team lost when Santonio went elsewhere.

can't argue with that at all.

PATS16N0
12-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Rough situation for Pittsburgh.

You're going to either have to pay him more than what he's worth or watch him probably come to New England and get balls throw to him from Brady.

Hawaii 5-0
12-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Rough situation for Pittsburgh.

You're going to either have to pay him more than what he's worth or watch him probably come to New England and get balls throw to him from Brady.

plus Wallace would also then have the added advantage of knowing what all of the other teams' defensive calls are going to be before the play even starts...

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Pats_Cheaters-398x224.jpg

PATS16N0
12-19-2012, 07:55 PM
plus Wallace would also then have the added advantage of knowing what all of the other teams' defensive calls are going to be before the play even starts...

Yup, because we won 3 Superbowls by magically knowing each and every play, each and every down, and then called the precise counter-play for maximum yardage, which every Patriot player knew intimidatingly, and we did this every 30 seconds, every single game, and this, of course, isn't delusional, illogical, irrational or asinine thinking at all.

Wallace gonna' love it here.

Hawaii 5-0
12-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Yup, because we won 3 Superbowls by magically knowing each and every play, each and every down, and then called the precise counter-play for maximum yardage, which every Patriot player knew intimidatingly, and we did this every 30 seconds, every single game, and this, of course, isn't delusional, illogical, irrational or asinine thinking at all.

just curious, how many Super Bowls have you won since Spygate was exposed?

zcoop
12-19-2012, 07:59 PM

:sofunny::rofl::chuckle:

PATS16N0
12-19-2012, 08:02 PM
just curious, how many Super Bowls have you won since Spygate was exposed?

We're two of the most incredible and flukey catches in Superbowl history away rom a 19-0 season and a 5th ring. Of course, were I to get my information from you, I'd think the moment Mangini started crying in 2006 we dropped to a 3-13 team.

But I don't want to derail your Wallace thread by refuting your delusions so....

SteelersCanada
12-19-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd think the moment Mangini started crying ...

Started crying or blew the whistle on bullshit happening within an organization? Pretty distinct difference there.

Hawaii 5-0
12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
We're two of the most incredible and flukey catches in Superbowl history away rom a 19-0 season and a 5th ring.

http://www.t-shirttalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/superbowl2.jpg

PATS16N0
12-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure I'm almost over it by now lol.

Steel Peon
12-19-2012, 08:57 PM
But I don't want to derail your Wallace thread
Uhhh......yes you did, and you should expect flack from talking shite in this forum. Now what kind of bag do you want to carry that asterisk home in? Paper or plastic? Maybe sheep testicles?

Hawaii 5-0
12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Steelers wide receivers have been productive, but turnovers are limiting their impact

December 22, 2012
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Antonio Brown was fortunate to recover this fumble against the Oakland Raiders in September, but controlling the ball in key situations in games has been a problem all season for the Steelers' wide receivers.

In his first NFL game, the first time he touched the ball, Antonio Brown returned a kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown at Tennessee. For the longest time, it seemed Brown could do no wrong.

Other big plays followed the kick return in his rookie year in 2010. Brown caught a 58-yard pass that set up the winning touchdown in an AFC divisional-round playoff victory against the Baltimore Ravens. In the AFC championship game, Brown caught the first-down pass from Ben Roethlisberger that clinched victory against the New York Jets.

Brown followed up his highly productive rookie season by earning team MVP honors last season. He compiled 1,108 receiving yards and went to the Pro Bowl for his work on special teams as a kick-returner.

The Steelers rewarded him with a six-year, $42.5 million dollar contract during training camp.

But, in his first season as a full-time starter, Brown's expected breakout year has been spoiled by a few untimely errors and an ankle injury.

He has fumbled twice in crucial situations that allowed opponents to come from behind to beat the Steelers. In the third game of the season at Oakland, he fumbled in the fourth quarter with the Steelers leading by three. The Raiders marched down the field for the tying field goal with 6:30 left, then kicked the winning field goal on the final play of regulation.

Last week in Dallas, Brown fumbled after a long punt return with the Steelers up by a touchdown. The Cowboys scored the tying touchdown with 6:55 remaining in regulation and won in overtime.

In between, Brown missed three games with a sprained ankle.

"You have to rise up," Brown said. "It's definitely time to rise up. I'm not looking backward on those moments. I just know I have to better, and this week presents another opportunity."

Brown has 668 yards receiving and three touchdowns, but his issue has not been so much a lack of production as fumbling. He had one fumble in his first two seasons. He has four this season. He fumbled twice against Oakland and was fortunate to recover the first in the end zone for a touchdown.

Brown hasn't been the only Steeler with a fumbling problem. It's been a team-wide problem and has contributed greatly to seven losses.

The Steelers have 18 turnovers in the past five games. They are 1-4 in those games and on the brink of playoff elimination as a result.

"I have to definitely be smart and protect the ball," Brown said. "I have to be more ball-aware and make it a point of emphasis to secure it in the game. I have to be smarter in situations."

Fellow third-year receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who has three fumbles, said coach Mike Tomlin has spent the week reinforcing to players the importance of protecting the ball.

"This entire week we've been focused on keeping the ball high and tight," Sanders said. "Coach has made a great emphasis on ball security. Whether it's fumbling or interceptions or dropping passes -- just take care of the football. We know we have to do that. We've lost the majority of games because of turnovers. It's a problem we have to handle, and we're going to try to handle it this week."

Sanders and Mike Wallace have not enjoyed the seasons they thought they would, either. Wallace has been plagued by drops and has not made as many big plays as he did his first three seasons. Like Brown, Sanders has dealt with injuries and has had his share of turnovers and drops.

But the season doesn't have to be a washout for the receivers. A victory Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field and another next week against Cleveland will land the Steelers in the playoffs.

"The season's not over," veteran receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. "We have something to fight for the last two games. What better way to help this team than win these last two games, get in the playoffs and make a run? How we got to this point, we're not going to waste time and energy dwelling on that. We're just going to look at what's in front of us. Let's go make some plays and get in these playoffs."

If the previous two games are any indication, the receivers should have plenty of opportunities to make plays. The running game has been inconsistent and Roethlisberger attempted 81 passes in the losses against the San Diego Chargers and Cowboys after returning from rib and shoulder injuries.

Brown said the receivers want the game on their shoulders.

"This week is a point of emphasis for guys in our room to step up," he said. "We can be a reason we win this Sunday."

NOTES -- Cornerback Keenan Lewis was limited in practice with a knee injury, but he is listed as probable. He did not practice Thursday. "I did a little more running around," he said. "I feel like it's getting better. I still have two more days and, hopefully, I'll be ready to go. I have two more days to see where I'm at. I'm excited. I feel like it's getting better. It got better from Wednesday to today. Two more days, it should be better." ... If Lewis cannot play, the Steelers would be without their top two corners against the Bengals. Ike Taylor (leg) was ruled out earlier in the week. ... The good news for the Steelers is cornerback Cortez Allen (groin) is listed as probable and will start after missing the Cowboys game... Offensive tackle Mike Adams (ankle) is listed as doubtful, and several others are listed as probable, including linebacker James Harrison (illness), offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey (illness) and defensive end Cameron Heyward (not injury-related).

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-wide-receivers-have-been-productive-but-turnovers-are-limiting-their-impact-667390/#ixzz2FnZIz0n4

FrancoLambert
12-22-2012, 01:26 PM
We're two of the most incredible and flukey catches in Superbowl history away rom a 19-0 season and a 5th ring. Of course, were I to get my information from you, I'd think the moment Mangini started crying in 2006 we dropped to a 3-13 team.

But I don't want to derail your Wallace thread by refuting your delusions so....

I'm sure you're familiar with the expression, "ALMOST DOESN'T COUNT."

Steeldude
12-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Wallace would be dangerous if he would work on his fundamentals and put forth effort. As of now, he just a WR with a great 40-time.

Stairway to 7
12-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Neither were a fluke bub...

Edman
12-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Let Wallace go to New England or elsewhere. Takes a load off this team's shoulders.

Edman
12-23-2012, 10:37 AM
You guys do realize Wallace leads our team in yards and touchdowns? If he isn't a true WR then what is Brown and Sanders? Wallace has more touchdowns then both them combined. As for his drops, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, etc....all have more.

Another fella who looks at Fantasy Football and not the important things: Like ACTUALLY WATCHING the game.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Let Wallace go to New England or elsewhere. Takes a load off this team's shoulders.

And how do they replace him? Some practice squad scrub?

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Another fella who looks at Fantasy Football and not the important things: Like ACTUALLY WATCHING the game.

I watch the games. And while Wallace is having a bad season, I see him being more productive than the guy that actually took the big pay day...

Edman
12-23-2012, 10:45 AM
And how do they replace him? Some practice squad scrub?

Pretty much. Wallace is not that good.

It doesn't take much to replace a Mike Wallace when you have a QB like Ben. Brady and Manning have dealing with interchanging parts at WR for years and they haven't missed a beat. As long as the Steelers have Ben, it doesn't really matter who they have out there at WR.

It's Heath Miller who the Steelers can't afford to lose.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Pretty much. Wallace is not that good.

It doesn't take much to replace a Mike Wallace when you have a QB like Ben. Brady and Manning have dealing with interchanging parts at WR for years and they haven't missed a beat. As long as the Steelers have Ben, it doesn't really matter who they have out there at WR.

It's Heath Miller who the Steelers can't afford to lose.

Not that good? Keep smoking that crack then. Despite his shortcomings, he's STILL done better than the rest of the Loose Change Crew.

Yes, Brady and Manning have dealt with interchanging parts..... that actually have pedigree. If you replace Wallace with another deep threat, then you can get away with that. If you replace him with a practice squad scrub, get used to more bubble screens, because the Steelers won't be going down field much.

Edman
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I watch the games. And while Wallace is having a bad season, I see him being more productive than the guy that actually took the big pay day...

Brown hardly got a "big payday". He was paid reasonably decent as the Steelers didn't throw a bank-breaking contract at him. Not to mention, Brown's season was offset by injuries.

Wallace has been mediocre since the middle of last season. Yeah, funny how Wallace fanboys forget about last year too.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Brown hardly got a "big payday". He was paid reasonably decent as the Steelers didn't throw a bank-breaking contract at him. Not to mention, Brown's season was offset by injuries.

Wallace has been mediocre since the middle of last season. Yeah, funny how Wallace fanboys forget about last year too.

So all the fumbles and drops are because of Browns injuries?

Typical yinzer nation - relentlessly bash players/coaches they don't like, but make excuses for the ones they're in love with.

Edman
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Not that good? Keep smoking that crack then. Despite his shortcomings, he's STILL done better than the rest of the Loose Change Crew.

Yes, Brady and Manning have dealt with interchanging parts..... that actually have pedigree. If you replace Wallace with another deep threat, then you can get away with that. If you replace him with a practice squad scrub, get used to more bubble screens, because the Steelers won't be going down field much.

You are the one who needs to stop smoking and start watching the games.

Yep, Wallace has been so much better than everyone else that the TEAM voted Antonio Brown the MVP of last season. Yeah, that same guy who got the payday for that same effort, now Brown hasn't been having a great season either, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I know what he can do. I know what Wallace can do, and going deep is the only thing he can do competently.

Edman
12-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Typical yinzer nation - relentlessly bash players/coaches they don't like, but make excuses for the ones they're in love with.

I am not making excuses for Brown. It's HIS fault we lost last weeks game.

What you fail to realize my friend is WHY Yinzer Nation and even the team and organization, likes Brown over Wallace, and why fans aren't jumping down Brown's throat. It isn't because of some perceived bias as you claim.

WVABE
12-23-2012, 11:10 AM
I see Wallace having a big game today, saw some pretty good chemistry brewing between him and Ben last week.

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I see Wallace having a big game today, saw some pretty good chemistry brewing between him and Ben last week.

Could be his last big important game with the team. Hope he has a great game.

AndyWitmyer
12-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Just say yes to drugs.....oh wait, wrong thread!

Nah, I agree with WVABE here - I think there's definitely a good chance here for him to really step up his game. The trajectory of his career may be riding on just how well he plays today, making this a particularly game for more than few reasons.

Rowland2110
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM

If your team wants a soft receiver that drops more balls than he catches, go at him.

Steeldude
12-30-2012, 03:37 AM

Replace Wallace with another WR with a 4.3+ 40 time. What else does Wallace bring?

Steel Peon
12-30-2012, 09:55 AM
What else does Wallace bring?

I guess this is the million dol.......er.....16 million dollar question.

GoFor7
12-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Replace Wallace with another WR with a 4.3+ 40 time. What else does Wallace bring?

He did more than Sanders or Brown (the guy that actually got paid) this season, despite putting up below average numbers. To me, that says Wallace is not the biggest problem with this receiving core.

SteelersCanada
12-30-2012, 10:31 AM
I'll start by saying I should probably run Mike Wallace's fan club, but that being said, he hasn't earned a big payday so far. By so far, I mean throughout his career. People are bringing up the point that he can now run intermediate and underneath routes, but what did that bring him? 800 yards and change with a ton of dropped balls. That alone won't bring him the payday he wants from a legitimate contender, but I suppose a team like Miami that is sitting on 50 million in cap space wants to give Tannehill a deep option can snag him.

If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he'll stay here. If not and he wants to play for the cash, then it's goodbye. We don't want or need selfish players on this team and sadly, that's what he has become this last year. Besides, despite what the common theme is, this WR class isn't shallow or lackluster in talent - quite the opposite. Guys like Da'Rick Rogers have character concerns but is possibly the best receiver in this draft and we can get him in the third round. If we're willing to spend high picks on receivers, we could potentially end up with Robert Woods in the second round and Da'Rick Rogers in the third and have the youngest and most explosive WR core we've ever had.

There isn't reason to panic if he decides to leave because, ultimately, speed can be replaced. Woods and Rogers bring more than speed - they bring consistent hands that can make big catches when needed. I'll take that over blinding speed any day.

pete74
12-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I'll start by saying I should probably run Mike Wallace's fan club, but that being said, he hasn't earned a big payday so far. By so far, I mean throughout his career. People are bringing up the point that he can now run intermediate and underneath routes, but what did that bring him? 800 yards and change with a ton of dropped balls. That alone won't bring him the payday he wants from a legitimate contender, but I suppose a team like Miami that is sitting on 50 million in cap space wants to give Tannehill a deep option can snag him.

If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he'll stay here. If not and he wants to play for the cash, then it's goodbye. We don't want or need selfish players on this team and sadly, that's what he has become this last year. Besides, despite what the common theme is, this WR class isn't shallow or lackluster in talent - quite the opposite. Guys like Da'Rick Rogers have character concerns but is possibly the best receiver in this draft and we can get him in the third round. If we're willing to spend high picks on receivers, we could potentially end up with Robert Woods in the second round and Da'Rick Rogers in the third and have the youngest and most explosive WR core we've ever had.

There isn't reason to panic if he decides to leave because, ultimately, speed can be replaced. Woods and Rogers bring more than speed - they bring consistent hands that can make big catches when needed. I'll take that over blinding speed any day.

I feel wallace is worth 8-9 million a year. To say he has done nothing to earn that is just insane. If he dosnt deserve that then what does Brown deserve? Wallace has much better stats and makes millions less then brown yet nobody says a word about him. I like Brown and Wallace together for the next 10.years but nobody can say Brown has earned that big contact yet. I think he can and I know wallace can earn his.
Like I always said, I would keep wallace for 9million a year, and any more I would let him walk. If he does leave we need a #1 or #2 wr that can start next year because we can't win all season with Cotchry, Sanders and Brown.

LLoyd&Greene
12-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I would love to see Wallace back. Hate on him if you want, he's clearly the best receiver on the team.

plenewken
12-30-2012, 01:08 PM
he's clearly the best receiver on the team.

Yeah, the best, ranked #30 WR in the League. I'd say he's not the worst, that'd be more accurate.

LLoyd&Greene
12-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, the best, ranked #30 WR in the League. I'd say he's not the worst, that'd be more accurate.You're kind of bitchy huh? Are you a female?

plenewken
12-30-2012, 01:26 PM
You're kind of bitchy huh? Are you a female?

No, I'm a guy and I'm not prejudiced against women either. I don't think what I wrote makes me bitchy. I stated facts.

Lady Steel
12-30-2012, 01:31 PM
You're kind of bitchy huh? Are you a female?

:wave:

LLoyd&Greene
12-30-2012, 02:58 PM
:wave::drink:

austinfrench76
12-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Wallace is and should be gone. He ended his career in Pitt in August. He played his cards poorly and, from what I understand, against the advice of his agent. He misinterpreted his worth and the Steelers made their play. And IMO gave the right guy the money. Wallace's demands were ridiculous and he will get a ton of jack thrown at him from someone but it wont be anywhere near where he was looking for! We will need to find a true #1 WR but we have some damn good #2,#3 and #4 guys. AB, Sanders, Cotch and Burress. Hope they all stay and we go WR fairly early in the draft.

lipps83
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
He did more than Sanders or Brown (the guy that actually got paid) this season, despite putting up below average numbers. To me, that says Wallace is not the biggest problem with this receiving core.

Are you sure?

Browns numbers are nearly identical to Wallace's this season, being the number two option and missing 2 more games than Wallace. He returns punts and kicks to boot and all Wallace can do is have a self-pity party and drop balls while Brown brings it every game.

Steel Peon
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Brown brings it every game.

Anyone catch AB run up and tackle that dude on the fake punt today? Wallace would never be in a situation like that, but if he were to be, he'd do everything possible to avoid having to tackle that guy.

Steeldude
12-30-2012, 09:23 PM

You didn't answer the question. What does Wallace bring besides his 40 time?

The Steelers offered $10,000,000 to Wallace, but he didn't want it. Could you imagine paying $10,000,000 to a player who deliberately does not try on some plays?

By more do you mean more drops?

Wallace is no longer a problem. He is a UFA.

Steeldude
12-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Wallace has much better stats and makes millions less then brown yet nobody says a word about him. I like Brown and Wallace together for the next 10.years but nobody can say Brown has earned that big contact yet. I think he can and I know wallace can earn his.

It's no ones fault but Wallace's for refusing to take the Steelers $10,000,000 a season offer.

Nobody says much about Brown because he tries. Wallace flat out doesn't try at times. Remember the 3rd down pass from Batch which would have kept the last drive of the game going? Wallace didn't even attempt to catch it.

I know wallace can earn his

Really? This was his contract year and he came up lame. If he doesn't try during his contract then why would he try after getting paid?

kan_t
12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I think his lack of efficiency is mainly because of his missed training camp (which he has no one to blame but himself). He is still the biggest weapon on the team. His speed is just too much for other teams not to pay attention to.

That's being said, I don't think the Steelers will bring him back.