PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the celebrating?

Whodis
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Why does Brown and Saunders have to celebrate every 1st down? It's usually comes before or after a dropped pass.

The defense dances around after a tackle that gained a yard (I admit that with this defense they should be happy to get a sack). Knowing the other team will convert the 3rd, why not get the hell back to the huddle?

Steeler teams of the past had pride and it was more about the team then some individual achievement.

I'm a welder, if I have 8 leaks on a steam line, I don't go giving high fives because a couple didn't.

GoFor7
12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Why does Brown and Saunders have to celebrate every 1st down? It's usually comes before or after a dropped pass.

The defense dances around after a tackle that gained a yard (I admit that with this defense they should be happy to get a sack). Knowing the other team will convert the 3rd, why not get the hell back to the huddle?

Steeler teams of the past had pride and it was more about the team then some individual achievement.

I'm a welder, if I have 8 leaks on a steam line, I don't go giving high fives because a couple didn't.

Cause they're the Loose Change Crew yo! Represent! No big deal, cause their buddy Mike Tomlin will just pick up their change and pat them in the ass!

Loose Change Crew yo!

Steelers>NFL
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
"You Mad Bro"???? :sofunny:

WVABE
12-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Notice at the beginning of the season all we heard was what a superior core of young recievers the steelers have.

Now all we hear is, whats wrong with the steelers, their recievers can't catch a ball if you placed it in their hands.

I think a lot of the problem is publicity and each are trying to be number 1 and are over trying just to impress the news reels. They need to stop focusing on themselves and make it a team effort again.

Danny136200
12-18-2012, 06:44 AM

Seriously?? Im pretty sure there are videos of former Steeler defenders celebrating wildly after a good play.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 07:28 AM

If they would have won at least half of the games they were supposed to (Tenn,Oak,Cleve,SD) then I wouldn't care as much - still not a fan of it, and especially now. IMO, a more disciplined team would recognize they haven't done anything noteworthy this season and that they need to do their job, and celebrate the win after they get it when the clock hits 0. I'd imagine it's pretty hard playing this physical a game without getting amped up - but I see what you mean, and they do lack some been here, done that type of attitude. I think what I'm looking for is more Heath Millers - just do their job, get excited, but don't make a big deal of what they are expected to do - workmanship

maddog78
12-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Modern day, me-first, athletes.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Modern day, me-first, athletes.

this.

torpedoshell31
12-18-2012, 10:58 AM
What is really ridiculous is when it is 3rd and 10 and they catch an 8 yd pass and still get up and do a dance.

SteelersCanada
12-18-2012, 11:05 AM
We're actually complaining about this, now? It's a WR thing - almost every one of them has their little first down and touchdown dances - it isn't a big deal.

Stu Pidasso
12-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I agree with Whodis: Get up, go back to the huddle, and ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE. Celebrate when you're holding a Lombardi.

WVABE
12-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Not all of them, I would just respect them a helluva lot more if they got their 1st down and run back to the huddle or get a TD and run to the sidelines.

If you win the game, dance until your feet bleed but not until the clock says 00:00.

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Not all of them, I would just respect them a helluva lot more if they got their 1st down and run back to the huddle or get a TD and run to the sidelines.

If you win the game, dance until your feet bleed but not until the clock says 00:00.

This. YOU'RE ON FIIIIIIRE:
http://popblerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Nba-jam-dunk.png

sloppyjoe
12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
wouldnt it be cool if tomlin had a set of balls and said 'if i see another stupid ass celebration after a routine catch, its gonna cost you $1000'

Lady Steel
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM

This so much. Act like you've been there before.

Fire Arians
12-18-2012, 06:19 PM
hines ward celebrated more than either of them after first down catches, nobody seemed to mind that

SteelersCanada
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
hines ward celebrated more than either of them after first down catches, nobody seemed to mind that

Holmes did exactly what Brown does after every first down, too. I didn't hear anything then, either. It's truly amazing what 7-7 will do to a fanbase, isn't it?

steeltheone
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Holmes did exactly what Brown does after every first down, too. I didn't hear anything then, either. It's truly amazing what 7-7 will do to a fanbase, isn't it?
Holmes won us a SuperBowl!

SteelersCanada
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Holmes won us a SuperBowl!

So it's cool if our guys win a Super Bowl - they can dance all they want after a catch? I don't understand the logic here. It should be either a) they can or b) they can't. People are turning a blind eye to our former WRs and criticizing the shit out of these guys because of our record.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
So it's cool if our guys win a Super Bowl - they can dance all they want after a catch? I don't understand the logic here. It should be either a) they can or b) they can't. People are turning a blind eye to our former WRs and criticizing the shit out of these guys because of our record.

As long as our boys show up Sunday, I don't give a shit what they do.

Lady Steel
12-18-2012, 06:58 PM

I'm not criticizing them because of their record. I always think it's dumb when anyone on any team celebrates after making a catch. I don't jump up and down every time I take a correct blood pressure on one of my patients. If they win the game, then cool, celebrate and party all they want. But celebrating just because they made a tackle or caught the ball is dumb. That's their job.

rgj
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I find the so-called "celebrations" irritating, bordering on taunting. It's ME oriented, as if the player alone is responsible for the success of the play and not teammates. The worse offenders are wide receivers and defensive linemen/linebackers that get a sack. They know they will be zoomed in on by television, it's their time in prime time. I think it's extremely selfish.

If I were the opposing team, I would make sure the "celebration" player would remember his celebration, while seeing stars on the net play.

The_Joker
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I do sense a bit of "me" rather than "us" with this team.

Not gonna win like that, get your heads in the game boys!

Twentyvalve
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Heath Miller could make the play of the century, help the opposing player up next to him, hand the ball to the ref, and he would just trot back to huddle.

SteelersCanada
12-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm not criticizing them because of their record. I always think it's dumb when anyone on any team celebrates after making a catch. I don't jump up and down every time I take a correct blood pressure on one of my patients. If they win the game, then cool, celebrate and party all they want. But celebrating just because they made a tackle or caught the ball is dumb. That's their job.

I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, but I think that most people right now are just upset and finding fault with anything and everything because it's been a disappointing season for this team and us as fans.

While it's a little silly, it's not a big deal.

lardlad
12-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I agree with Whodis: Get up, go back to the huddle, and ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE. Celebrate when you're holding a Lombardi.

See Heath Miller

lardlad
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Heath Miller could make the play of the century, help the opposing player up next to him, hand the ball to the ref, and he would just trot back to huddle.

Boom!

lardlad
12-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, but I think that most people right now are just upset and finding fault with anything and everything because it's been a disappointing season for this team and us as fans.

While it's a little silly, it's not a big deal.

I can honestly say that is not the case for me. Even after Holmes caught the winning td in the SB I was disappointed with him jumping up and down yelling that is how you be great. Especially after he misses the easy catch.

It was a heck of a grab and tops nearly all Steeler plays of all time. Feel fortunate, act proud, but be humble. Just for the record these kinds of complaints have little to do with football, it's how you represent your team. As long as they win who cares, but I'll always be more proud of someone like Heath Miller because of the way he handles himself. This guy is the best and he knows nothing of it. Sorry but I have the utmost respect in that. Far more than being overly pleased with yourself.

Fire Arians
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
sometimes the celebrations fire up the team. a lot of times when hines made a big 1st down conversion he'd go nuts and get fired up. it seemed to always light a fire under the team, and the home crowd if it was at heinz field

Lady Steel
12-18-2012, 10:42 PM
This is something to jump up and down about.

EKeLp5pCTgE

:thumbsup:

Steel_Bus_24
12-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Celebrating is fine with me....

Celebrating when your getting your ass kicked by a bunch on the scoreboard is a bit different

cubanstogie
12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
our receivers deserve to celebrate when the actually catch a pass. Its a monumental achievement for them.

cubanstogie
12-19-2012, 11:22 AM
It would be nice if these guys would emulate Heath Miller. Catch everything that comes your way and act like you expected to make the play. The only big improvement in our offense with Haley is the use of Heath. Our receivers are all underachieving. They have speed, quickness and flash but are very inconsistent at this point in their careers.I do think they are all diamonds in the rough but at some point they need to be polished.