PDA

View Full Version : Dont give up!

Stairway2-7
12-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Our team is not finished. We definitely need to tighten some screws no doubt, but with Ike Taylor hopefully here during playoffs (if we win out) I think will be a huge game changer. Ben had a good game, aside from the mistake during OT. Our Oline played good also. With a healthy Oline and Ben as our QB we will always have a chance. Idk I have a feeling that Brown and Wallace are really gonna open up from here, but I also wanna see Burress in. He will be a big asset to our WR core. Oh, and more Heath!! Dont give up on our team. They have taken us to Superbowl when everyone counted us out before.

Oh btw, Next sunday will be 40 year anniversary for the IR, and our record is (7-7). Pretty weird right? :tt02:

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Wow, someone else who is not crying!

I thought I was the only one. Just hope we don't let the Bengals knock us out!

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
they're still in it! Every game is a playoff game from here on.

Time for them to put up or shut up.

Stairway2-7
12-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Wow, someone else who is not crying!

I thought I was the only one. Just hope we don't let the Bengals knock us out!Im more afraid of the browns than the bengals actually. But I have faith in our team. Here we go Steelers here we go!!!

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Im more afraid of the browns than the bengals actually. But I have faith in our team. Here we go Steelers here we go!!!

Uh, I am WAY more threatened by Dalton/Green than Weeden/Nobody. Especially since our weakness is DB for a while...

Stairway2-7
12-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Uh, I am WAY more threatened by Dalton/Green than Weeden/Nobody. Especially since our weakness is DB for a while...

If we get Ike back we wont have to worry about Aj Green.

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
If we get Ike back we wont have to worry about Aj Green.

We won't. I though he was out until the playoffs at least.

Steel_Bus_24
12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't want to give up, but every week I turn on to watch this team.....something just feels off about them

It feels like they have lost that Band of Brothers mentality and maybe even their love for the game.

I hope the old Steelers that I used to know an love shows up for the rest of the season and beyond....We've seen flashes of that old team in the Cinc, NYG, and Balt games but only to see them vanish soon after

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't want to give up, but every week I turn on to watch this team.....something just feels off about them

It feels like they have lost that Band of Brothers mentality and maybe even their love for the game.

I hope the old Steelers that I used to know an love shows up for the rest of the season and beyond....We've seen flashes of that old team in the Cinc, NYG, and Balt games but only to see them vanish soon after

Think about it, it is possible that the only Cowher guys left this offseason will be Ben, Heath, Keisel, Troy, Harrison and Clark (and technically Starks)!

teegre
12-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Think about it, it is possible that the only Cowher guys left this offseason will be Ben, Heath, Keisel, Troy, Harrison and Clark (and technically Starks)!

Harrison was "around" when Cowher was here, but it wasn't until Tomlin took over that Harrison became a starter.

I've always contended that if Harrison had started in place of Haggans (i.e. when Joey Porter & James Farrior were both in their primes), this defense would have been insane!!! Alas...

Steel_Bus_24
12-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Yeah I know, but I was hoping at least they could carry over the same love for the game....These past few years, its looked far too much like Football to them is some grimy day job that is purely there to pay the bills and further their own careers

Rather then a cohesive unit that bonds together to achieve the improbable

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah I know, but I was hoping at least they could carry over the same love for the game....These past few years, its looked far too much like Football to them is some grimy day job that is purely there to pay the bills and further their own careers

Rather then a cohesive unit that bonds together to achieve the improbable

You may be right. If we don't squeeze out one more ring outta Cowher's boys, expect dark days ahead. Seems to me only young guys who "want it" are Timmons, Beachum and sometimes Brown.

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 06:03 PM
You may be right. If we don't squeeze out one more ring outta Cowher's boys, expect dark days ahead. Seems to me only young guys who "want it" are Timmons, Beachum and sometimes Brown.

don't forget Keenan Lewis. That dude has really impressed me this year.

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 06:04 PM

Ward should pay a visit to some of these *****-ass players one of these days...

Fire Arians
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM

browns are tougher on defense than cincy, and trent richardson isn't nobody

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Ah, Hines Ward. I think I'll smile every time I hear that name. There was a player.

Browns are definitely a tough team. Anybody who thinks they are a push-over has not been watching them this year. I think they are only going to get better too. Cincy could be very formidable in the years to come as well. Dalton is a very good QB.

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Ah, Hines Ward. I think I'll smile every time I hear that name. There was a player.

Browns are definitely a tough team. Anybody who thinks they are a push-over has not been watching them this year. I think they are only going to get better too. Cincy could be very formidable in the years to come as well. Dalton is a very good QB.

I can see it now, we beat Cincy and think we got it wrapped, and guess who spoils it again?

Browns.

2009 all over again. I doubt it, but would match our season :chuckle:

teegre
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Are the Steelers mathematically eliminated? No.

Is BB still a Steeler? Yes.

Then, the Steelers still have a legitimate shot at winning the SuperBowl.

I do not care about the defense or the running backs or anything else. Look at the last ten SuperBowls... all of them had elite QBs. That si the MAIN ingredient for winning a Lombardi.

2003 Brady
2004 Brady
2005 Big Ben
2006 Peyton
2007 Eli
2008 Big Ben
2009 Brees
2010 Rodgers
2011 Eli
2012 some elite QB

Steel_Bus_24
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM

Yep..Very proud of Keenan this year.....Its apparent to me he worked his ass of in the off season...continuing through the season to progress his skills

I think Its primarily on the offensive side of the ball that is lacking the extra level of want to

On D, the will is there, except for maybe Woodley....Hopefully he proves me wrong with one of his strong finishes, but I think he's slacked off in training/practices......He has a good nasty attitude during the games....but he needs to realize a big part of the battle is preparation

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I'll say another thing about Lewis, he's better than Taylor at attacking the ball. I'd never ask him to start looking for pics, that guy can knock the ball down as good as anybody.

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Are the Steelers mathematically eliminated? No.

Is BB still a Steeler? Yes.

Then, the Steelers still have a legitimate shot at winning the SuperBowl.

I do not care about the defense or the running backs or anything else. Look at the last ten SuperBowls... all of them had elite QBs. That si the MAIN ingredient for winning a Lombardi.

2003 Brady
2004 Brady
2005 Big Ben
2006 Peyton
2007 Eli
2008 Big Ben
2009 Brees
2010 Rodgers
2011 Eli
2012 some elite QB

True true, that's why the Seahawks, Falcons, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Bears, Vikings, 49ers and Bengals won't win it in my opinion. QB's are too young or not at that level.

I think the Lombardi will be hoisted by the Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Packers or Giants.

Joe Flacco is not elite by the way, he has the team around him though. Same with maybe Kaep.

Blackout
12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
If the Ravens get healthy that is, but I really don't see them going anywhere with their offense.

Only thing I'm worried about right now is the next game, I wish we could be comfortable with a playoff spot.

I hope AB rebounds and has a mega game.

Quackjack
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
If the Ravens get healthy that is, but I really don't see them going anywhere with their offense.

Only thing I'm worried about right now is the next game, I wish we could be comfortable with a playoff spot.

I hope AB rebounds and has a mega game.

As do I :tt03:

We beat them in Cincy, how in gods name do you guys guarantee we will lose in the Burgh!?

Blackout
12-17-2012, 07:07 PM
It sucks it has to come down to the Browns/Bengals, the former worries me just a bit more.

BB should have shaken off the remaining rust for the next game. Folks that were critical of his "underthrows" should be a nonfactor coming into the next game.

Let's hope Wallace keeps doing what he is doing. And maybe a few touches by Mendy, but we need to change our playcalling on our run game. Up the middle for a yard isn't doing much.

Secondary is also worrisome.

I'm not sure if I have the stomach to watch the next game to be honest. I could hardly do it last 4th quarter and OT.

torpedoshell31
12-17-2012, 07:32 PM
When we lost to the Browns, we committed 8 turnovers, 3 of them pop up interceptions thrown by Charlie Batch. We never drove past their 35 yd. line, our only scores coming on Timmon's pick six and a PI call for Plex. Yet the game was in doubt until the final seconds because the Browns are that bad. After Timmon's TD, if we would have punted on first down the rest of the game, we would have won.

harrison'samonster
12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
When we lost to the Browns, we committed 8 turnovers, 3 of them pop up interceptions thrown by Charlie Batch. We never drove past their 35 yd. line, our only scores coming on Timmon's pick six and a PI call for Plex. Yet the game was in doubt until the final seconds because the Browns are that bad. After Timmon's TD, if we would have punted on first down the rest of the game, we would have won.

in other words, the Browns forced 8 turnovers, because they are a good defense

Drizztbob
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
We match up better with the Browns because their strength is in their running game with Trent where our strength is in our run stopping defense and ability to "usually" put points on the board. I am more worried about the Bengals and the AJ Green connection. This kid is amazing and without Ike manning up on him, we could see more 5-10 yard soft coverage giving up the underneath and it will become first down, first down, first down, score...