PDA

View Full Version : Woodley

Penn
12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Dude looks like he playing at 265-270 pounds. Hes got a hampton gut

Maybe if he was in shape he wouldnt get hurt every other week. All our linebackers are too big and it is slowing them down

The_Joker
12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
I am a fan of Woodley, but now he has a Hampton gut without the effort Casey has!

Get in shape bub!

Atlanta Dan
12-17-2012, 07:27 PM

Maybe if he was in shape he wouldnt get hurt every other week. All our linebackers are too big and it is slowing them down

Woodley got his contract and apparently one ring is enough - he was on track to be defensive player of the year in 2011 until he injured his hamstring in t\he New England game and has done nothing since

Penn
12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
I am a fan of Woodley, but now he has a Hampton gut without the effort Casey has!

Get in shape bub!

i am too, but he has been a ghost this season

pittpete
12-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Thats why D.L. has him in pass coverage every other play....
To burn some calories

torpedoshell31
12-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Is Woodley still on the team? I know he certainly didn't show up for the Cowboy game.

Hawaii 5-0
12-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Is Woodley still on the team? I know he certainly didn't show up for the Cowboy game.

you mean you missed the two tackles he made?

Fire Arians
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
i remember the guy used to have cannons for biceps in his rookie year, now all that went to his belly

austinfrench76
12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Woodley HAS definitely been out of sorts for a while. No pass rush to speak of and it does look like he's out of shape. Unfortunate. The guy was looking like our next beast OLB!

MillerMania83
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Like it was mentioned, Woodley was a BEAST before the injury against NE...Ever since, ya barely see him make a play anymore, he absolutely looks out of shape....Let's face it, our so called 'stud' players just ain't getting it done...Thats a HUGE reason we are in the position we are in headin into the last 2 games.

madtowndrunkard
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Like it was mentioned, Woodley was a BEAST before the injury against NE...Ever since, ya barely see him make a play anymore, he absolutely looks out of shape....Let's face it, our so called 'stud' players just ain't getting it done...Thats a HUGE reason we are in the position we are in headin into the last 2 games.

That's an understatement... Just look at this list of probowl caliber Steelers who are having disappointing seasons:

Woodley
Polamalu
Harrison - coming on as of late, but still
Mendenhall
Wallace
Brown

And I was really hoping to see more out of Pouncey, Sanders, Hood, Heyword, Rainey, Cotchery, ... our entire O-line really. They showed glimpses of what they are capable of ...but never got healthy enough to shine.

teegre
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I heard a rumor that LaMarr is vying for the starting NT position (once Casey the Hutt retires).

Can anyone confirm this???

FrancoLambert
12-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Too slow, just like our D-line.

Hawaii 5-0
12-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I heard a rumor that LaMarr is vying for the starting NT position (once Casey the Hutt retires).

Can anyone confirm this???

there's no way Woodley can ever fill Hampton's shoes...

http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/340x.jpg

TRH
12-18-2012, 03:10 AM
such a shame as Woodley was all set to be one of the NFL's biggest time linebackers. I was expecting GREAT things after that big contract.
Now, when there's discussions about the best and great LB's in the league - Woodley's not even mentioned. He goes entire games without even being noticed. Only time i even saw him in the Dallas game when he got burned on an outside pass and looked winded trying to get over there (which he didn't, by the way...).

In the last few games, Harrison's been outplaying Woodley's play by a good margin.

Maybe he should stop fooling around putting team bowling leagues together and all that community service and start being a monster in the gym every day for a few hours instead. I don't know what he's got to do but he's got to get it together.
Looks confused on the field as to whether to drop back to coverage or to try and stuff the line - meanwhile excelling at neither one.

Penn
12-19-2012, 09:05 AM
such a shame as Woodley was all set to be one of the NFL's biggest time linebackers. I was expecting GREAT things after that big contract.
Now, when there's discussions about the best and great LB's in the league - Woodley's not even mentioned. He goes entire games without even being noticed. Only time i even saw him in the Dallas game when he got burned on an outside pass and looked winded trying to get over there (which he didn't, by the way...).

In the last few games, Harrison's been outplaying Woodley's play by a good margin.

Maybe he should stop fooling around putting team bowling leagues together and all that community service and start being a monster in the gym every day for a few hours instead. I don't know what he's got to do but he's got to get it together.
Looks confused on the field as to whether to drop back to coverage or to try and stuff the line - meanwhile excelling at neither one.

Its too late for him to get in shape now, he needs to come back next season at 245 pounds and lean.

VaDave
12-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Rumor has it Woodley was at 290lbs last year when he blew his hammy..... He did come into camp in better shape this year, but apparently , has made one too many stops a KFC as the season progressed.

I've haven't been a big Woodley fan for a number of years, since I started following his stats and paying close attention to his game. Truth be told, he was a big beneficiary of playing opposite Harrison on passing downs, and never was great shakes against the run, but got a lot of help from Arron Smith that made him look better than what he is.

BTW, he was @ 265lbs as a rookie from what I remember.

jjpro11
12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Woodley is playing like an aging linebacker.. Not even noticed unless he's left unblocked for a splash hurry or sack. The problem is he isn't old, it's all conditioning.

steelfury02
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM

but he donates his time to the kids and wears awesome suits for his facebook page - that should be enough. Don't tell him he needs to create more pressure. According to Ike Taylor's segment, he has a lot more to do than just create pressure. That's awesome compared to what he USED to do.

Steel Peon
12-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Casey the Hutt

LOL! :sofunny:

And since we're on the subject of Woodley, I figure now is a good time to link to this weeks WoodenDong report:

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/a82a43d7-c366-49bf-bb76-6d19e42a6f30

Enjoy.

Fire Arians
12-21-2012, 11:43 AM
LOL! :sofunny:

And since we're on the subject of Woodley, I figure now is a good time to link to this weeks WoodenDong report:

http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/a82a43d7-c366-49bf-bb76-6d19e42a6f30

Enjoy.

WoodenDong report! :rofl:

pittpete
12-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Is that the same guy who used to do the Gildong report years back?

teegre
12-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Is that the same guy who used to do the Gildong report years back?

Yep.

Gil-DONG became Wood-DONG.

pittpete
12-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Wasnt his name Danno?

tanda10506
12-21-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty disappointed with a lot of our star players, but not so much with Woodley. LeBeau said in preseason that Woodley came in to camp in the best shape he has. The rumor is that he was at 290lbs last year and came in at 265lbs this year. There was a thread on this forum with the link earlier this year, but I'm having trouble finding it. I thought he was playing well at the beginning of the season and he was put in pass coverage constantly. It's just an injury holding him back again like last year. As mentioned he was tearing it up last year till he blew his hamstring, and by the way he fell it looked like he tore it pretty bad, and he never had time to get into a rhythm after that. If I recall correctly he only made it back for 2 or 3 games.

I did expect more from him when he was in, but he did do well IMO and he was put in coverage so much he didn't get much of a chance for sacks and tackles in the backfield. No doubt he looks "fatter" now then earlier this year though, and maybe you guys are right and he will continue to under perform, but I won't be convinced of that until next IF he continues to under perform. When a player misses a large portion of games and gets back with just a few left they often times struggle for the rest of that year. We'll see. Foote is playing well but as he gets older and Harrison retires this LB corps will be anchored by Woodley and Timmons. Timmons was doing very well mid season but he's seemed to drop of a bit. Then again the whole defense dropped of. Either way Pittsburgh D has always been about bad ass LB corps, time for these guys to step up big.

uclkyle
12-23-2012, 02:09 PM

Do you think that is "glass feet" Pouncey's problem too? Talk about someone who can't tough it out and play.

FrancoLambert
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Did he even make 1 big play today?
Used to make a few each game.

PhantomJB93
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
If Woodley isn't in shape next camp something really needs to be done. We know the dude can dominate but this is two years in a row he's been out of shape and gotten injured. He needs to play all season and get in a rhythm, that's when he's at his best. His best seasons early on, he never dominates early on, he'd kick t up a notch around midseason and dominate into the playoffs. The past two seasons he was always injured at that time and never got it going.