PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow as a backup in Pitt?

JVip
12-18-2012, 02:20 AM
First off, I know this will never happen, but hear me out.
We need a back-up qb and a running back. If we could use Tebow as a running back/wild cat guy in certain situations and as a 3 string qb we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We have a franchise qb, so there won't be any backlash calling for Tebow to be the starter. He could also be used as a full back and would be a cheap addition. He is a smart guy with a ton of energy, maybe he could keep this teams head in the game, and hyped up (hopefully being flat isn't an issue next year). Personally, I am not a Tebow fan at all, but I thought it could be an interesting topic.

I REPEAT: I know this will never happen and the Steelers would never want the Tebow sideshow, this is just a thought I had watching the Jets game tonight.

TRH
12-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Tebow won't come here - but the Jets aren't doing anything with him - not even utilizing him as a backup. And they're not using him barely at all to run trick plays or "wildcats" that they promised they would in pre-season.
Ya gotta feel bad for the guy. The Jets are ruining any career he could have right now.
His agent should DEMAND an immediate or off-season trade. But the pig stubborn Jets would have to move him - and they probably wont' - they'll continue "not to use him" but want the "circus sideshow" and headlines Tebow gets.
If he can get out of that city (and he should), it would likely be a Jax, Arizona, something along those lines.

Whodis
12-18-2012, 04:20 AM
I think we may lock up Donovan McNabb and Doug Williams as backups next year!

Quackjack
12-18-2012, 05:02 AM
I think we may lock up Doug Martin next year!

Fixed it up for ya :drink:

Curtain_of_Steel
12-18-2012, 08:25 AM
You will see Vick long before you see Tebow. Tebow will go to JAX and than be done with football. What makes anyone think this guy can play? Yes he had a run last year and it was fun to watch as I loved him at Gatorland. But enough.. He has shown that he and sanchez both suck and both should just go away. I want nothing to do with him here in Pittsburgh

FanSince72
12-18-2012, 08:56 AM
First off, I know this will never happen, but hear me out.
We need a back-up qb and a running back. If we could use Tebow as a running back/wild cat guy in certain situations and as a 3 string qb we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We have a franchise qb, so there won't be any backlash calling for Tebow to be the starter. He could also be used as a full back and would be a cheap addition. He is a smart guy with a ton of energy, maybe he could keep this teams head in the game, and hyped up (hopefully being flat isn't an issue next year). Personally, I am not a Tebow fan at all, but I thought it could be an interesting topic.

I REPEAT: I know this will never happen and the Steelers would never want the Tebow sideshow, this is just a thought I had watching the Jets game tonight.

The Jets need Tebow otherwise who will drive the Clown Car when Rex is off explaining how his team is just a few plays away from being great?

Not only that, they haven't quite finished ruining Sanchez's career yet and they need someone to come in and run useless hand-off plays to keep breaking any rhythm that Sanchez might develop.

Once the Jets have completely ruined what's left of their franchise, then MAYBE they'll let Tebow go off to help ruin another one, but they still have some work to do first.

torpedoshell31
12-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Tomlin pushed hard for the Rooneys to sign Vick before he signed with the Eagles. This time Vick won't command that big a salary and he is a step up from what we have. I also wouldn't mind us signing Tebow, he went 7-4 as a starter last year and you know what he did to us in the playoffs. If he had to fill in over a 4 or 5 game stretch he could win a couple of games.

JVip
12-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Tomlin pushed hard for the Rooneys to sign Vick before he signed with the Eagles. This time Vick won't command that big a salary and he is a step up from what we have. I also wouldn't mind us signing Tebow, he went 7-4 as a starter last year and you know what he did to us in the playoffs. If he had to fill in over a 4 or 5 game stretch he could win a couple of games.

I agree, but Ithink Vick will be a starter next year for a team, possibly the Jets.

torpedoshell31
12-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree, but Ithink Vick will be a starter next year for a team, possibly the Jets.

You're right, after seeing Locker and Sanchez set football back about 100 years last night, Vick would be a huge step up for either team. The Steelers had the bad luck to play the Titans when Locker was hurt, and we got Hasselback instead who picked us apart. I didn't realize how bad Locker was until I saw him last night, it was only his 3rd win in his career. As for Sanchez, what can you say other than the wheels have completely come off.

SteelersCanada
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Vick isn't going to be the starter for the Jets. See, that would be a semi-smart move on the organizations part, and we all know the Jets aren't about making smart decisions. They'll probably draft Matt Barkley in the first round this year - an obvious reach - but hey, they need a quarterback. Their current USC product isn't doing dick all, but maybe this one will.

There's a chance that Vick comes here at a discount. He wants to win a championship and this is the best way for him to do it. I wouldn't mind having Mike on this team as it would finally bring in a legitimate backup to Ben and someone that we wouldn't have to cringe every time he threw the ball.

nj1923steelgirl
12-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Vick wants to be a starter.....I doubt he would want to be Bens back up.....

steelfury02
12-18-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll never cheer on a dog torturer and murder.

Next option please.

SteelKid212
12-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Vick or Tebow?

Whats wrong with Lefty? The man can do it all!!!!

He can sling it deep! He can run it in from thirty yards back! UNTOUCHED!

He can roll over and break HIS OWN RIBS! UNTOUCHED!

hahaha! good god:rofl:

JVip
12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Vick isn't going to be the starter for the Jets. See, that would be a semi-smart move on the organizations part, and we all know the Jets aren't about making smart decisions. They'll probably draft Matt Barkley in the first round this year - an obvious reach - but hey, they need a quarterback. Their current USC product isn't doing dick all, but maybe this one will.

There's a chance that Vick comes here at a discount. He wants to win a championship and this is the best way for him to do it. I wouldn't mind having Mike on this team as it would finally bring in a legitimate backup to Ben and someone that we wouldn't have to cringe every time he threw the ball.

Plus we all know that the peanut gallery at Jets HQ signed Sanchez to big money a few years ago. They are locked into him for at least another year or two with guaranteed money. I enjoy the circus in NY, so I hope Sanchez stays there for a very, very long time.

WVABE
12-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Would much rather see Tebow than Vick, we have enough fumbling machines for half the league now.

Fire Arians
12-18-2012, 12:06 PM
tebow would be a good fullback

Lady Steel
12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Just say no to Tim Tebow!

Fire Arians
12-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Just say no to Tim Tebow!

sign him as a backup i say! (to will johnson)

steeltheone
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Vick wants to be a starter.....I doubt he would want to be Bens back up.....

Exactly, Vick wants to start and can start for somebody, We need a 4th Kirk Cousins type in the draft, plus a cheaper vet.

LVSteelersfan
12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Are you people effing kidding with the Vick talk? Did any of you watch him play this year? He sucks big time and always will. He is at the end of a career where he never accomplished anything. He can't read a defense for anything, runs all the time and gets creamed and can't hit the ocean with a football at least 75% of the time. Get real. I think Kordell Stewart had more upside than Vick and Kordell sucked big time.

LVSteelersfan
12-18-2012, 01:15 PM
I'll never cheer on a dog torturer and murder.

Next option please.

What he said. :coffee:

Rotorhead
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Honestly Tebow has had the worst luck of any QB I have seen, 3 diff offenses in 3 years, the lockout his first year. He needed to sit behind an established starter and work in his mechanics/game the move up from there. Denver should have kept him to learn under Manning, would have been best for him. But Elway couldnt allow anyone bigger than him stay too long (Manning is different cause Elway recruited him so he had his hand in that). Just MHO.

VictoryFormation
12-18-2012, 10:39 PM
I didn't know Tebow played the fullback position. That's news to me. Tebow comes with a big price tag for a back up QB. You're right, I don't think that will happen. Plus, he'll want to go somewhere that he has a chance to start.

steeltheone
12-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Honestly Tebow has had the worst luck of any QB I have seen, 3 diff offenses in 3 years, the lockout his first year. He needed to sit behind an established starter and work in his mechanics/game the move up from there. Denver should have kept him to learn under Manning, would have been best for him. But Elway couldnt allow anyone bigger than him stay too long (Manning is different cause Elway recruited him so he had his hand in that). Just MHO.
But he beat us in the playoffs?

TheVet
12-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Are you people effing kidding with the Vick talk? Did any of you watch him play this year? He sucks big time and always will. He is at the end of a career where he never accomplished anything. He can't read a defense for anything, runs all the time and gets creamed and can't hit the ocean with a football at least 75% of the time. Get real. I think Kordell Stewart had more upside than Vick and Kordell sucked big time.

I was with you up until the Kordell comment. Vick is bad, real bad, but not that bad.

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2012, 04:28 AM
I like Tebow as a person but he's not a QB. In Denver he did enough to get by in an offense that was designed specifically around him. He might be able to run around and make plays like Ben but his throwing mechanics are poor, his footwork is poor, and his accuracy is questionable. There's a reason the Jets haven't handed him the reigns and are instead going with McElroy. To make matters worse Tebow brings "Tebowmania" with him wherever he goes. He's a distraction even if he doesn't mean to be because the "Tebowmaniacs" will always be there calling for him to get playing time whenever something doesn't go our way.

If Tebow seriously wants to play he needs to open himself up to the idea of playing TE, FB, or HB in the NFL. Those are the positions to me that fit his frame. Not sure how his hands are but if he could catch the ball he might be a good TE or FB that can sometimes slip out of the backfield and catch a pass here and there much like Will Johnson.

jb500ex
12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Has anyone watched tebow play, and you want him. Not to mention his cult of god loving nut jobs would be calling for Benz benching from day 1 so their savior could Play. The last person I want on this team is tebow, that's behind Vick and I hate Vick

Ethan_67
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
posted incorrectly

Fire Arians
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
i would give him a tryout but wouldn't trade anything to bring him here