PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben, Miller developing healthy rapport

BlackNGold203
08-14-2006, 08:21 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06226/713412-66.stm

Good Ed Bouchette article in the P-G this morning....

HometownGal
08-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Very good article, 203. I believe Heath is going to have a kick-ass season - he has a year of NFL experience under his belt and indeed has developed a great rapport with Big Ben. I was quite impressed with his play last season and am looking forward to seeing him on the receiving end of Ben's passes quite often this season. You could definitely see the development of his blocking skills game by game last season. Yet another reliable offensive weapon for Ben - he's got to be in hog heaven! :bouncy:

tony hipchest
08-14-2006, 10:35 AM
the tv didnt show what route miller was running on his reception or whether he broke it off once ben started scrambling but he did the important thing of running back to the qb instead of just turning and planting and letting a defender make a play.

thats a good way to make himself one of bens most trusted safety valves (and thats a tuff catch to make when youre running at the ball)

steelfan 92
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
i think they already have a good rapport. last year ben looked a lot to heath down in the red zone. i think it is only going to stronger this year. heath miller catches teh balll and seems to always find soft spot in the zone. as long as he keeps doing that ben will find him all the time. i think mr. miller will have over 50 catches this year. we will run the ball, but i think ben will throw a little bit more.

WWIIOwheelz
08-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Heath and Willy make each other much, much stronger. Heath will make that line just that much wider forFast Willy to find that hole, and when they stack the box, Miller can always be an option for that 5 - 10 yard gain. What impresses me about Miller is his runs after catches! I remember 3 or 4 receptions downfield last year that had safeties dragging behind him for up to 5 yards. One of my favorite Steelers!

nicesteel4life
08-14-2006, 12:01 PM
It's definetely going to be MILLER TIME in the Red Zone this year, He has a great frame for creating seperation at the line or in the field deeper. He is one of Bens best protectors and always lends a hand to pick him up. GREAT GREAT pick with him last year that we will enjoy for years to come.

Dynasty
08-14-2006, 01:07 PM
It's definetely going to be MILLER TIME in the Red Zone this year, He has a great frame for creating seperation at the line or in the field deeper. He is one of Bens best protectors and always lends a hand to pick him up. GREAT GREAT pick with him last year that we will enjoy for years to come.

Its always miller time with this guy! I agree, he will be a valuable member of the team for a long time.

X-Terminator
08-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I think you're going to see a lot of quick posts and seam passes to Heath this season when teams stack the line against the run. With his ability to break tackles, those can end up turning into big plays, maybe even TDs since he runs fairly well for a TE. It's nice to have a weapon like that in your arsenal - it's something the Steelers have lacked since Eric Green.

SteelerFanInCA
08-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Agree. Big Ben and Miller seem to be jelling more and more with each game. I am looking forward to seeing the two hook up together for many TD's. :football:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-14-2006, 02:43 PM
the tv didnt show what route miller was running on his reception or whether he broke it off once ben started scrambling but he did the important thing of running back to the qb instead of just turning and planting and letting a defender make a play.

thats a good way to make himself one of bens most trusted safety valves (and thats a tuff catch to make when youre running at the ball)

It appears as if he was running back towards the line of scrimmage. He landed a good 4yards back from the point of forward progress. With all the dialogue about the RB's and WR's I still think Heath will be the more important offensive component in the critical moments this season.

Running to the ball at full speed in traffic and the first down...clutch.

BB2W
08-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Great read... :cool:

Dook
08-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I'd like to see them bring the WR from the right side in motion to the right and leave Heath one on one vs a small CB. It takes two to bring him down, one is not enough.

melroseplace
08-14-2006, 09:54 PM
thanks for sharing that article. I think Heath is a perfect fit for our team and last season it was awesome to watch him progress. I'm sure there are great things to come from him...he's definitely one of my favorites