PDA

View Full Version : A Steelers postgame analysis: Position battles

BlackNGold203
08-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Ed Bouchette's post game breakdown ....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06226/713405-66.stm

Free safety Anthony Smith -- Someone forgot to tell the rookie he's not involved in competition to win the starting job at free safety.

LOL...seriously...the kid put on a show...didnt he?

:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
08-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Defensive end Brett Keisel -- Keisel is not competing for Kimo von Oelhoffen's old job on the right side. It's his, and he did not wait long to show why. On Arizona's first play from scrimmage, quarterback Kurt Warner handed off to the Cardinals' new bauble, halfback Edgerrin James. Keisel burst through the right side and was there to spill James for a 2-yard loss. On Arizona's second play, Warner scrambled to his left and seemed to have open space before Keisel broke free and tackled him after a 5-yard gain.

Keisel is a maniac out there on the field and I think he's going to fill the vacancy left by Kimo's departure to NY very, very well, if not better. The Diesel is one big, bad mofo. :cool:

SteelerFanInCA
08-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Keisel is a maniac out there on the field and I think he's going to fill the vacancy left by Kimo's departure to NY very, very well, if not better. The Diesel is one big, bad mofo. :cool:
Keisel is a beast. I'm looking for him to have a hugh year. He looked solid on Saturday.

Stlrs4Life
08-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I always did like the Deisel! He was also huge on special teams.