PDA

View Full Version : We gave them the game

Fire Arians
12-23-2012, 03:14 PM
story of the season, it's a shame we wasted such a great effort from the defense, they played awesome

Blackout
12-23-2012, 03:16 PM
And sadly this wasn't the only time we have given another team the game.

I feel bad that the defense played great and it's all wasted.

madtowndrunkard
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
You definitely can put that loss on Ben.. he was horrible. Just horrible.

SteelWarrior69
12-23-2012, 03:18 PM
maybe Haley can complain now how Ben gave the last 2 games away

Terminator
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
But guys. Guys. We only had to beat the Bengals. This is a SuperBowl caliber team. Remember guys? Guys? We only had to beat the Bengals.

Guys?

WVABE
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
And Ben does it back to back, was a good game though.

steelfury02
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I'd like to hear from all the Ben Roethlisberger defenders. You want this guy having the keys to the car - calling the shots?

Yet again, he's shown that he is more of a gunslinger/risk taker ala Brett Favre than an intelligent QB - and, hasn't done anything of any significance since Feb 2009. Maybe Ben needs to start trusting others a little more than being John Wayne. The dumbest football I've witnessed the past few weeks since Neil O' Donnell.

EDIT: Anyone see Hampton crying at the end of the game? This was the last time some of those guys will play in any significant game together. Yet again, 11 out of 22 starters, namely 1 let this team and the defense down. They played like a #1 defense -and your QB savior fucked it up again. I love what Ben HAS DONE. But, he's looked average the past two seasons.

GMU Steeler
12-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Gift wrapped. As you say. Story of the season.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd like to hear from all the Ben Roethlisberger defenders. You want this guy having the keys to the car - calling the shots?

Yet again, he's shown that he is more of a gunslinger/risk taker ala Brett Favre than an intelligent QB - and, hasn't done anything of any significance since Feb 2009. Maybe Ben needs to start trusting others a little more than being John Wayne. The dumbest football I've witnessed the past few weeks since Neil O' Donnell.

Maybe they need to stop doing RUTM on 1st and 2nd downs and not ask him to bail the team out every third down with a bad o-line.

Not saying he has no blame, but putting it all on him overshadows many more problems with this team.

Terminator
12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Where are all the Pittsburgh homer cheerleaders now? Can't wait to hear from you guys.

Fire Arians
12-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Maybe they need to stop doing RUTM on 1st and 2nd downs and not ask him to bail the team out every third down with a bad o-line.

Not saying he has no blame, but putting it all on him overshadows many more problems with this team.

give it to the guy who has a chance of doing a cutback run or bounce to the outside (mendenhall). plug the middle and dwyer/redman are stuffed, play over. mendenhall can make you pay, and actually did make them pay on a few runs.

teams will continue to show the running game no respect unless we have a running back that commands it. say what you will about mendy, but the cincy defense definitely feared him more than dwyer or redman

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2012, 03:25 PM
The Steelers have been beating themselves for weeks now.

Blackout
12-23-2012, 03:28 PM
The Steelers have been beating themselves for weeks now.

Yep. Teams don't need to beat us, we already do it for them.

steelfury02
12-23-2012, 03:28 PM
The defense gives you opportunity after opportunity. Evenually, you need to throw the John Wayne shit out the door and use your fucking head.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 03:30 PM
The defense gives you opportunity after opportunity. Evenually, you need to throw the John Wayne shit out the door and use your fucking head.

Maybe they shouldn't be so predicable with their play calling when they run. Ben ain't gonna bail you out every third down.Gotta try to win the game early. Bad o-line doesn't help.

The Steelers played close to the vest all season, the best they can do now is 8-8. Very justified IMO.

chizzler
12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Tomlin is to blame in my book. This team has been playing like crap for weeks now. No discipline.

steelfury02
12-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe they shouldn't be so predicable with their play calling when they run. Ben ain't gonna bail you out every third down.Gotta try to win the game early. Bad o-line doesn't help.

The Steelers played close to the vest all season, the best they can do now is 8-8. Very justified IMO.

"But look at the way he escapes tackles."

My answer: And?

Pentheon
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I just wish we could run normal routes and make easy throws, I dont understand why our offense has always looked so difficult to run a curl route or an out route.

Look at the last play from the bengals that got them into FG range, aj green was wide open, throw was on the money easy quick throw that gained a good amount of yards, can we please do this?

SteelWarrior69
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
and trying to kick a 53 yd fg with less than a minute to go was awesome too

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 03:34 PM
It was a tough game
Our defense played hard

People downplaying the bengals effort by saying we best ourselves are wrong
Their defense played super hard too

It was an old school game for sure,

One note;

A lot of coaching boners out there today
First Lewis gift wraps an opportunity for us by trying a very long FG, then we return the favor... Not the prettiest game, but it was a great one anyway

Just wish we could have come out on top

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Tomlin is to blame in my book. This team has been playing like crap for weeks now. No discipline.

Playing like crap on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. That was dreadful today.

eafratitpm3
12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
This team doesn't deserve a fan base righ now. Thy should play the Browns next week in an empty Heinz Field, maybe then, they would get pissed off enough in the offseason to play for their paychecks! The offense should donate al their checks to charity because tey definately didn't show up for work today.

Fire Arians
12-23-2012, 03:38 PM
It was a tough game
Our defense played hard

People downplaying the bengals effort by saying we best ourselves are wrong
Their defense played super hard too

It was an old school game for sure,

One note;

A lot of coaching boners out there today
First Lewis gift wraps an opportunity for us by trying a very long FG, then we return the favor... Not the prettiest game, but it was a great one anyway

Just wish we could have come out on top

missing a chipshot fg, failing to score off 3 turnovers, including one deep in bengals territory, throwing a bone headed pick 6, throwing another INT in the 4th quarter by taking an unncessary risk when we could have went to OT = giving them the game

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 03:46 PM
missing a chipshot fg, failing to score off 3 turnovers, including one deep in bengals territory, throwing a bone headed pick 6, throwing another INT in the 4th quarter by taking an unncessary risk when we could have went to OT = giving them the game

We didn't score off those turnovers because Cincinnati destroyed us on defense

The pic 6 and late int were Bengal plays too

Those mistakes didn't just happen in a vacuum, claiming we beat ourselves is an old sports cliche designed to imply the competition just got lucky or didn't really deserve to win

It was a good game and the bengals just made more plays than us, they did in fact, beat us

FrancoLambert
12-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Those mistakes didn't just happen in a vacuum, claiming we beat ourselves is an old sports cliche designed to imply the competition just got lucky or didn't really deserve to win

It was a good game and the bengals just made more plays than us, they did in fact, beat us

Grimey,
The pick 6 and late interception were more bad plays by Ben than big plays by the Bengals.

Fire Arians
12-23-2012, 03:52 PM

i agree that it was a tough game, but the offense had more opportunities than they've had in the entire season in a single game that I remember. All they had to make was 1 or 2 of them, and they didn't.

for an offense as hyped up as ours, and for the talent available, with a franchise qb, you need to make those plays

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Grimey,
The pick 6 and late interception were more bad plays by Ben than big plays by the Bengals.

I disagree
The pic 6 was an amazing play by Hall, he timed his break on the route perfectly and made a couple of good moves and a nice cutback on the way to the endzone

The last int was a bad throw by Ben, but Nelson still had to make the play
How many times do you see a cb or safety miss an int? An awful lot

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 04:09 PM
i agree that it was a tough game, but the offense had more opportunities than they've had in the entire season in a single game that I remember. All they had to make was 1 or 2 of them, and they didn't.

for an offense as hyped up as ours, and for the talent available, with a franchise qb, you need to make those plays

Yea it's a brutal irony that our defense, unable to force turnovers all year, got a bunch of them today and we did nothing with it. I think a lot of the hype for our offense comes from our own fan base, we do have a great QB and good receiving corp, but they've done nothing to justify being hyped like the pats or packers O

torpedoshell31
12-23-2012, 05:42 PM
The Bengals just saved us an embarrassing loss at Foxboro in 2 weeks, instead they will be the ones going there and losing38-7.

WVABE
12-23-2012, 05:54 PM
The Bengals just saved us an embarrassing loss at Foxboro in 2 weeks, instead they will be the ones going there and losing38-7.

I'd rather be embarrassed by Tebow again then not make the playoffs :tt02:

btaylor179
12-23-2012, 05:55 PM
3yrs ago i was banned from this site for saying what i am still saying to this day.....ben is an average qb!!!!!! he is not that good ......ban me again i dont care......he gave this game away all by himself! hes not that good hes been in the league long enough to know not to throw those bone head passes that he throws

harrison'samonster
12-23-2012, 05:57 PM
if you ever get a chance to go to the playoffs and don't because you're worried about getting embarrased, just remember--you're not a professional athlete.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
3yrs ago i was banned from this site for saying what i am still saying to this day.....ben is an average qb!!!!!! he is not that good ......ban me again i dont care......he gave this game away all by himself! hes not that good hes been in the league long enough to know not to throw those bone head passes that he throws

Well, when they handcuff him for the first 58 minutes of a game, he isn't always going to be able to bail them out in the last 2 minutes.

TRH
12-23-2012, 06:27 PM
we had opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to seal the game - and we didn't. I don't like to lose. But we absolutely deserved the L.

steelfury02
12-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Yea it's a brutal irony that our defense, unable to force turnovers all year, got a bunch of them today and we did nothing with it. I think a lot of the hype for our offense comes from our own fan base, we do have a great QB and good receiving corp, but they've done nothing to justify being hyped like the pats or packers O

they aren't even as good as the Bengals O, who at least managed to do something in the waning moments, unlike Mr. Bigger than the Org

SteelWarrior69
12-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Well, when they handcuff him for the first 58 minutes of a game, he isn't always going to be able to bail them out in the last 2 minutes.

He wasn't handcuffed I think his rib/shoulder injury isn't all the way healed. He has been throwing alot of balls in the dirt kinda reminded me of Kordell. The play that really pissed me off is when it was 3rd and 1 from like the 6yd line and he threw the ball into the end zone for Rainey that was in the dirt. On that play he could have easily ran for the first down. So we try the FG and butler didn't turn the laces so we miss a chip shot FG. In all reality that missed FG cost us this win!

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd rather be embarrassed by Tebow again then not make the playoffs :tt02:

I agree
The beauty of the NFL playoffs is you just have to outmatch a team once... Not 4 times out of 7, anything can happen in one game, even torched to the rate if 33 yards a completion by one of the worst passing QBs in league history

steeltheone
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM

Average QB is Alex Smith....BR7 is better than average....

defence
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
He wasn't handcuffed I think his rib/shoulder injury isn't all the way healed. He has been throwing alot of balls in the dirt kinda reminded me of Kordell. The play that really pissed me off is when it was 3rd and 1 from like the 6yd line and he threw the ball into the end zone for Rainey that was in the dirt. On that play he could have easily ran for the first down. So we try the FG and butler didn't turn the laces so we miss a chip shot FG. In all reality that missed FG cost us this win!

So ask yourself the question. Why the f*** do we empty the back field and try to throw when mendy was having sucess running. You guys can blame Ben all you want. Heck petition to get Tebow or Sanchez in the offseason. Ben made a poor throw at the end of the game. No arguements. But really the play calling all year has been ridiculous. Run Run Pass. haley is a F***** joke period. tomlin better do himself a favour; cut your losses now. Hopefully someone from upstairs watched that shit today and will realize this 1980's shit doesn't work in 2012.