PDA

View Full Version : Hire Arians!

Fire Haley
12-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Get rid of this POS loser Mr predictable OC we have now.

The stink of losing has rubbed off on Ben now, and that is unacceptable..

Fire Arians
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM
:chuckle:

STEELAMANIA
12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Haley isnt the problem......Ben is the problem......Did u forget that Batch executed Haleys offense with ease and beat the Ravens in their house and Ben cryed ever since Arians got booted about not wanting to change the offense. Last week he tried to play backyard football and it cost us the game and again today he throws the ball for another pick 6 because he is too lazy to go through his reads.

Jahodac
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Haley isnt the problem......Ben is the problem......Did u forget that Batch executed Haleys offense with ease and beat the Ravens in their house and Ben cryed ever since Arians got booted about not wanting to change the offense. Last week he tried to play backyard football and it cost us the game and again today he throws the ball for another pick 6 because he is too lazy to go through his reads.

Your joking? Batch sucked in both his games; the only difference is that we were lucky to win against Baltimore.

This game is on Ben for the pick and Tomlin for the dumb field goal call.

Fire Haley
12-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Giving the Bengals their Immaculate Interception was all on Ben though, I agree.

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 04:30 PM
One thing that's come out of this season

All of the people who persistently chucked bens errors on the altar of Arians offense have been chaffed hard. I love Roethlisberger, he's definitely our franchise QB, but a lot of people want to call him the best so they keep scapegoating others when he makes errors.

Fire Arians
arians led his team to a winning season, but that's all luck :wink:

Cyphon
I will take Haley over Arians any day of the week. Haley was a little predictable this game but it comes down to execution and our HC's personel decisions.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM

All of the people who persistently chucked bens errors on the altar of Arians offense have been chaffed hard. I love Roethlisberger, he's definitely our franchise QB, but a lot of people want to call him the best so they keep scapegoating others when he makes errors.

The problem is the Steelers handcuff him for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out in the end. No matter how good your QB is, that won't happen every week.

Fire Haley
12-23-2012, 04:36 PM
and yes, I'm claiming the term "Immaculate Interception" in a real and legally binding fashion for anyone that tries to steal it.

* All proceeds and royalties from copyright usage included

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I will take Haley over Arians any day of the week. Haley was a little predictable this game but it comes down to execution and our HC's personel decisions.

I'm hardly an Arians fan, but has the offense looked much better w Haley? The only thing that's been flat out better is Ben taking less hits... Maybe they need more time, but it's not like we underwent a resurgence this year in offense

WVABE
12-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Its a hard to execute a play when their D runs right thru our O line constantly,
any qb or rb's will struggle.

Fire Haley
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Soft, lazy and predictable, the new look Steelers offense.

Fire Haley
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM

All of the people who persistently chucked bens errors on the altar of Arians offense have been chaffed hard

actually, I just wanted to play on all the 'Fire Arians' threads from a year ago - - the FO listened to the fans and this is what we get - I blame all y'all

FrancoLambert
12-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Screw that.
Hire Andrew Luck!!! :wink02:

steve314
12-23-2012, 05:36 PM

Good point. Since coming back from the injury, seems like Ben has done more freelancing style rather than the "safer" stuff (including more checkdowns) that worked well in the first half of the season.

Terminator
12-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd take Arians over Haley. Any day. At least we could fucking put up more than 20 points with Arians.

Fire Haley
12-23-2012, 06:09 PM
not only are they now afraid to throw the ball down the field with Haley this is a chickenshit offense

and on the game losing drive when the Steelers were 3rd and1 inside the 10 the bitch calls a pass instead of two running plays to win the game 14-10...and they shank the FG... that was the game and I blame Haley

The Curtain's Crusader
12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
All you calling for Ben's head are ridiculous. Yes, his two passes likey cost us the last two games (might not have won in OT anyway), and ultimately the postseason, but he's still our QB and I wouldn't want anyone else. A season of it next year and I may change my thoughts. Something just wasn't right since the injury.

FanSince72
12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
I want someone to tell me again how Arians sucks so I can have a good laugh.

Arians is on his way to his SIXTH winning season in a row AND he's made the playoffs with a busload of rookies and otherwise young players.

And please don't tell me that "If he didn't have Andrew Luck..." and all that bullshit because that's just what it is: BULLSHIT!

Our offense hasn't looked this bad since...since...oh for Chrissake I can't even REMEMBER when our offense looked this bad!

Repeat after me: Haley Sucks! Not Bruce Arians - HALEY SUCKS!

We should never have gotten rid of Arians and if someone still wants to tell me that Arians sucks, then you can go fuck yourself because you're full of shit!

harrison'samonster
12-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I want someone to tell me again how Arians sucks so I can have a good laugh.

Arians is on his way to his SIXTH winning season in a row AND he's made the playoffs with a busload of rookies and otherwise young players.

And please don't tell me that "If he didn't have Andrew Luck..." and all that bullshit because that's just what it is: BULLSHIT!

Our offense hasn't looked this bad since...since...oh for Chrissake I can't even REMEMBER when our offense looked this bad!

Repeat after me: Haley Sucks! Not Bruce Arians - HALEY SUCKS!

We should never have gotten rid of Arians and if someone still wants to tell me that Arians sucks, then you can go fuck yourself because you're full of shit!

Arians was a terrible play caller for the Steelers. He sucked here so bad it wasn't funny.

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 07:11 PM
One thing you have to give Arians credit for - he didn't coach scared. That offense attacked. Truth be told, if he made better calls in the red zone it would have been really hard for Artie to justify firing him.

FanSince72
12-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Arians was a terrible play caller for the Steelers. He sucked here so bad it wasn't funny.

ROFLMFAO!

SteelersCanada
12-23-2012, 07:15 PM
How did Bruce Arians suck? Well, for starters, he thought going into a tropical storm and letting Ben throw it 40 times in 45+ mph winds was a fantastic gameplan strategy and one that was going to bring victories.

Truth be told, everything he did here in Pittsburgh was bad. Everything. Playcalling, being too buddy-buddy with Ben and his coaching style didn't fit. Now, he's succeeding with a future hall-of-fame WR and rookie sensation - which isn't bullshit, mind you - and people are clamoring over him as if he's the reason they're winning. They're not playing for Bruce Strong - it's Chuck Strong and even with all that moment behind him, Bruce once again showed why isn't shit by getting his ass handed to him by Belichick and Brady. Sorry, elite coaches don't give up 60 points and then win awards - that's bullshit.

I should have known these threads were coming. One bad season and we all lose our shit and start pissing our pants. We're not Oakland fans here, guys. We don't rotate through coaches and lose our shit after one season - that's just not how it works. Man, I would've hated seeing these boards after Cowher went 6 - 10 and 7 - 9 in consecutive seasons.

harrison'samonster
12-23-2012, 07:17 PM
ROFLMFAO!

Arians sucked here in Pittsburgh, he can go on to cure cancer, but he sucked as the playcaller for the Steelers.

FanSince72
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Arians sucked here in Pittsburgh, he can go on to cure cancer, but he sucked as the playcaller for the Steelers.

Yeah and he had five winning seasons and two trips to the Super Bowl.
(and now he's on his way to yet another post-season appearance)

I'll take that kind of "suck" any day of the week, pal!

harrison'samonster
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah and he had five winning seasons and two trips to the Super Bowl.
(and now he's on his way to yet another post-season appearance)

I'll take that kind of "suck" any day of the week, pal!

and he would have won the SB against Green Bay if the Steelers hadn't gotten in his way!:rofl:

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Truth be told Arians did not suck near as bad as most of us thought. And while at it Haley is not as bad as the last few games have played out. Arian's offense moved the ball as well as any team in the NFL, but stalled near or at the red zone. Penalties, fumbles, interceptions, and missed assignments hurt his scoring average as much as any thing. Haley offense while conservative also suffered from miscues and execution by the players. Ultimately players shortcomings can be remedied either by replacing them or actually "coaching" them. I hate to say it but I believe Tomlin is more talk than walk and his coaches are similar. I see mental mistakes game after game, Tomlin needs to hold coaches and players accountable. In closing I have said that Haley is too conservative and defenses have locked his game plan down, first stop the run, second, take the short and intermediate passes away, and turn your front 4-5 loose against our line and force Ben into either a poor throw or a sack. Our WR corp while talented have trouble creating space against physical DBs. I think Arians is a capable OC, but I feel Haley is also and may have been hamstrung a little by management.

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 08:07 PM
How did Bruce Arians suck? Well, for starters, he thought going into a tropical storm and letting Ben throw it 40 times in 45+ mph winds was a fantastic gameplan strategy and one that was going to bring victories.

Truth be told, everything he did here in Pittsburgh was bad. Everything. Playcalling, being too buddy-buddy with Ben and his coaching style didn't fit. Now, he's succeeding with a future hall-of-fame WR and rookie sensation - which isn't bullshit, mind you - and people are clamoring over him as if he's the reason they're winning. They're not playing for Bruce Strong - it's Chuck Strong and even with all that moment behind him, Bruce once again showed why isn't shit by getting his ass handed to him by Belichick and Brady. Sorry, elite coaches don't give up 60 points and then win awards - that's bullshit.

I should have known these threads were coming. One bad season and we all lose our shit and start pissing our pants. We're not Oakland fans here, guys. We don't rotate through coaches and lose our shit after one season - that's just not how it works. Man, I would've hated seeing these boards after Cowher went 6 - 10 and 7 - 9 in consecutive seasons.

This is why it's so hard to have a serious discussion about Arians here. There are so many hyperbolic, over the top comments about him. "Everything" he did didn't suck. I'm no huge fan, he called some awful games (at Denver in 07 and Cleveland in 09) but he had his share of successes here. For one, he did a good job helping Ben out in his progression as a QB, he also helped develop a lot of mid-late round receivers into a quality starting core. Granted he had weak points, severely under utilizing Heath miller in the red zone was a big one, but he wasn't all bad. A lot of people just made up their mind to dislike him and over analyzed any and every bad thing that happened to our offense as his fault, conversely anything positive was in spite of him, not due to him... The same approach the anti-Wallace fanatics have taken.

Ricco Suavez
12-23-2012, 08:28 PM
This is why it's so hard to have a serious discussion about Arians here. There are so many hyperbolic, over the top comments about him. "Everything" he did didn't suck. I'm no huge fan, he called some awful games (at Denver in 07 and Cleveland in 09) but he had his share of successes here. For one, he did a good job helping Ben out in his progression as a QB, he also helped develop a lot of mid-late round receivers into a quality starting core. Granted he had weak points, severely under utilizing Heath miller in the red zone was a big one, but he wasn't all bad. A lot of people just made up their mind to dislike him and over analyzed any and every bad thing that happened to our offense as his fault, conversely anything positive was in spite of him, not due to him... The same approach the anti-Wallace fanatics have taken.

WTH are you doing? Having an intelligent post will get you in trouble. You are suppose to grab pitchforks and join the mob outside Arians residence and burn him in effigy. Arians is like Stewart was as QB, not the best but not as bad as most would lead you to believe. 20 years from now some of the Ben bashers will tell their grankids how they watched the greatest QB in Steeler history and will forget about the last two games.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
We win with Ben and lose with Ben. Im dissappointed in the manner we lost, sure. But this team has not been prepared to play for the past 5 weeks.

The Def played great, till they go soft. The O, just sucked again, starts off slow and can never get in sync.

jiminpa
12-23-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd take Arians over Haley. Any day. At least we could fucking put up more than 20 points with Arians.Yes, but that was the defense.

Fire Haley
12-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Soft lazy and predictable - the lack of creativity and stale play-calling I was talking about was all on Haley, not Ben.

Cincy knew all his plays from the start, every time the ballcarrier was alone 8 yds deep in the backfield it was a run. One deep ball for a TD and they never called another one.

EbonySteel86
12-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Arians was some garbage! Never tried to run, even in games where the run is working, never used Heath, and that chuck it deep and/or bubble screens on 2nd or3rd and shorts was crazy. Plus he was getting Ben killed. Haley trying to get this team a run game and he will once we get a back that'll fit his system, and he knows how valuable Heath is. Young $ crew under achieved big time this year and Ben also cost us some games. There were check downs he could've taken or thrown the ball away instead of taking some of these sacks he took. Not to mentioned, the pics he's thrown were to guys that were open, he just over threw or under threw the receivers. Things for him will get easier once he gets that running game he desperately needs. We need time for this young oline to gel and a stud RB is a must since Wallace might be leaving.

Fire Haley
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Bland, boring and predictable is no way to run an offense

Fire Haley!

Ricco Suavez
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Dean Wormer, "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life son."

GoFor7
12-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Arians was some garbage! Never tried to run, even in games where the run is working, never used Heath, and that chuck it deep and/or bubble screens on 2nd or3rd and shorts was crazy. Plus he was getting Ben killed. Haley trying to get this team a run game and he will once we get a back that'll fit his system, and he knows how valuable Heath is. Young $ crew under achieved big time this year and Ben also cost us some games. There were check downs he could've taken or thrown the ball away instead of taking some of these sacks he took. Not to mentioned, the pics he's thrown were to guys that were open, he just over threw or under threw the receivers. Things for him will get easier once he gets that running game he desperately needs. We need time for this young oline to gel and a stud RB is a must since Wallace might be leaving.

A running back isn't going to replace what Wallace can do for this offense...

JVip
12-25-2012, 02:09 AM
A running back isn't going to replace what Wallace can do for this offense...

Fumble the ball and command single coverage?

mikegrimey
12-25-2012, 10:05 AM
How many times has Wallace fumbled the ball in his 4 years with us?

I can recall 2 right away, there may be more, but he's hardly a serial fumbler unless I'm failing to recall a lot of fumbles.

mikegrimey
12-25-2012, 10:14 AM
WTH are you doing? Having an intelligent post will get you in trouble. You are suppose to grab pitchforks and join the mob outside Arians residence and burn him in effigy. Arians is like Stewart was as QB, not the best but not as bad as most would lead you to believe. 20 years from now some of the Ben bashers will tell their grankids how they watched the greatest QB in Steeler history and will forget about the last two games.

I know right, sometimes it seems like people just want simple solutions or explanation or to hold a witchhunt when it comes to pro sports. It's unfortunate that the most stubborn people with the least to add to the conversation are often the most prolific, lighting up a message board with 200 posts saying the same thing.

The bias against Arians is kind of comical from Pittsburgh fans, there was a poster on here earlier this year trying to tell me Arians is obsessed with Pittsburgh and "always" taking jabs at the team for, get this:

Saying Andrew Luck is the smartest QB he's ever coached (this was suppossed to be a jab at Roethlisberger... never mind that it's only a compliment about Luck and Arians has coached Peyton Manning too... I doubt he was thinking of insulting former QBs he's worked with and respected all because he is impressed with Luck...) Talk about delusional

Other posters have made ridiculous claims about Arians, a few even saying he "always" ran an empty backfield on 3rd & 1, even though when I asked them they failed to site any specific examples except once in Cleveland in 2009.

It's just bias, they decide they hate him and exaggerate his faults while trying to dismiss his successes as a product of being surrounded by talent. I'm not that huge of a fan either, I was glad when we dumped him as OC, but people are acting like every score or play we made during his 5 years here was in spite of him and all the bad plays/games were explicitly his fault. It's ridiculous.

harrison'samonster
12-25-2012, 10:22 AM
It's just bias, they decide they hate him and exaggerate his faults while trying to dismiss his successes as a product of being surrounded by talent. I'm not that huge of a fan either, I was glad when we dumped him as OC, but people are acting like every score or play we made during his 5 years here was in spite of him and all the bad plays/games were explicitly his fault. It's ridiculous.

I've probably said that before as a joke. I wouldn't seriously blame everything wrong on one person. I do agree with you though, I was glad to see him gone. He definitely did some good things while he was here, but I think we would have been better off without him.

I do believe though that being successful ultimately comes down to whether or not the players can execute, but the coaches have to take the fault when it's all over.

stiller39
12-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Arians was a winner with da Stillers.... bottom line we won. Haley's first year wasn't very good as it unraveled quickly. I think Arians was a better O coordinator and time will tell who has the most success Arians in Indy or Haley in da burg.

lloydwoodson
12-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I've probably said that before as a joke. I wouldn't seriously blame everything wrong on one person. I do agree with you though, I was glad to see him gone. He definitely did some good things while he was here, but I think we would have been better off without him.

I do believe though that being successful ultimately comes down to whether or not the players can execute, but the coaches have to take the fault when it's all over.

Absolutely! The blame lies 100% on the coaches! Look at the top 3 scoring offenses: Patriots, Broncos and Saints. What stands out about those three teams? What makes those teams able to go up and down the field all day racking up huge points? That's right! It is the coaches! What really stands out about those teams is the coaches they deserve ALL the credit!!!

Special focus should be given to the Saints. Offensive guru Sean Payton is suspended for the year- good for Pete Carmichael Jr to step in there and make something out of that bum Drew Brees!

Players don't win games! Coaches win games!

Good for Josh McDaniel! 11-17 as HC of the Broncos with 20 ppg but rediscovered his GENIUS going back to the Pats. Now he is putting up 35 ppg with his brilliant playcalls executed by that loser Tom Brady. I knew he was brilliant all along!

Remember kids- coaches win games not the players!!!

harrison'samonster
12-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Absolutely! The blame lies 100% on the coaches! Look at the top 3 scoring offenses: Patriots, Broncos and Saints. What stands out about those three teams? What makes those teams able to go up and down the field all day racking up huge points? That's right! It is the coaches! What really stands out about those teams is the coaches they deserve ALL the credit!!!

Special focus should be given to the Saints. Offensive guru Sean Payton is suspended for the year- good for Pete Carmichael Jr to step in there and make something out of that bum Drew Brees!

Players don't win games! Coaches win games!

Good for Josh McDaniel! 11-17 as HC of the Broncos with 20 ppg but rediscovered his GENIUS going back to the Pats. Now he is putting up 35 ppg with his brilliant playcalls executed by that loser Tom Brady. I knew he was brilliant all along!

Remember kids- coaches win games not the players!!!

wow, you really put a lot of thought and effort into that post. I sincerely mean that. You might want to re-read what you are responding too. Nowhere in my post did I say the outcome of a game comes down to the coaches ability.

I really enjoyed your post though, it was funny!

lloydwoodson
12-26-2012, 06:07 PM
wow, you really put a lot of thought and effort into that post. I sincerely mean that. You might want to re-read what you are responding too. Nowhere in my post did I say the outcome of a game comes down to the coaches ability.

I really enjoyed your post though, it was funny!

Yeah, I definitely used a lot of straw men. Your opinion seemed reasonable. I needed to fabricate an enemy to respond to and you saying that coaches have to accept responsibility was good enough for me.

Cards aint shit since Warner left.

P Manning is tearing it up after FOUR neck surgeries on a new team.

Montana kicked ass with the Chiefs as an old man.

Brees was a beast in SD and NO regardless of system.

Pack is always dangerous with Rodgers.

The list goes on and on.

Tired of people making excuses for Ben.

StainlessStill
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I'd take Arians over Haley. Any day. At least we could fucking put up more than 20 points with Arians.

In 2011, with Arians, we topped 20+ points 8 times. This season under Haley, we topped 20+ points 9 times (with 1 still to play.) :coffee:

Fire Haley
12-26-2012, 07:24 PM
stats are for losers

12-4 to 8-8...that's all that matters

steelfury02
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM
stats are for losers

then hire Arians back.

lloydwoodson
12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
stats are for losers

12-4 is a stat.

8-8 is a stat.

There is only winning the superbowl and not winning the superbowl.

FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!

Ricco Suavez
12-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I am so glad someone brought the Saints and Drew Brees. Saints are 7-8 just like Steelers. We played 8 common opponents they were 4-4 as we were. They beat the Cowboys, Oakland, Chargers, and Eagles , lost to Redskins, Chiefs, Giants, and Denver. With the exception of the Eagles who we both beat and the Broncos who we both lost to the other games flipped-flop. That Brees he is something 62.7 percent completion 4781 yds 39 TDs in 15 games and 627 attempts. Pitiful Ben only 63.1 percent 3131 yds 23 TDs in 12 games and 426 attempts. BTW Brees 18 ints to Bens 8. Now lets just forget Ben missed 3 games lets just look at how much more Brees is allowed to pass, 201 more attempts so far this season. At Bens current rate his stats would read 4608yds 34 TDs 12 ints. Numbers that are very close considering one is an "offensive machine" and the other is now on the down side of his potential.

GoFor7
12-26-2012, 08:25 PM
I am so glad someone brought the Saints and Drew Brees. Saints are 7-8 just like Steelers. We played 8 common opponents they were 4-4 as we were. They beat the Cowboys, Oakland, Chargers, and Eagles , lost to Redskins, Chiefs, Giants, and Denver. With the exception of the Eagles who we both beat and the Broncos who we both lost to the other games flipped-flop. That Brees he is something 62.7 percent completion 4781 yds 39 TDs in 15 games and 627 attempts. Pitiful Ben only 63.1 percent 3131 yds 23 TDs in 12 games and 426 attempts. BTW Brees 18 ints to Bens 8. Now lets just forget Ben missed 3 games lets just look at how much more Brees is allowed to pass, 201 more attempts so far this season. At Bens current rate his stats would read 4608yds 34 TDs 12 ints. Numbers that are very close considering one is an "offensive machine" and the other is now on the down side of his potential.

The problem isn't Ben. Hell, the problem might not even be Haley. The problem is the Steelers follow outdated philosophies. They don't want to score fast, they want to keep the game close. They don't want the offense to take over because they fear a shootout - they want the defense to win it.

All of you dumb yinzers who bash Ben need to remember that. If they actually allowed him to win games earlier instead of waiting until the last 2 minutes, maybe there would fewer instances where it's all on him to bail out the team.

lloydwoodson
12-26-2012, 08:35 PM
The problem isn't Ben. Hell, the problem might not even be Haley. The problem is the Steelers follow outdated philosophies. They don't want to score fast, they want to keep the game close. They don't want the offense to take over because they fear a shootout - they want the defense to win it.

All of you dumb yinzers who bash Ben need to remember that. If they actually allowed him to win games earlier instead of waiting until the last 2 minutes, maybe there would fewer instances where it's all on him to bail out the team.

Are you related to Ben?

Ricco Suavez
12-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Are you related to Ben?

No. Are you Flacco's agent?

GoFor7
12-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Are you related to Ben?

No, I just realize two simple things:

1.) The Steelers never won anything without a franchise QB

2.) The NFL is no longer the same league the old Steelers played in, Artie needs to realize that.

Fire Haley
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
12-4 is a stat.

8-8 is a stat.

no, those are RESULTS

just like scoring points, something Mr Dink&Dunks's offense can't do

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 01:33 PM
no, those are RESULTS

just like scoring points, something Mr Dink&Dunks's offense can't do

The Whisenhunt, Arians, and Haley offenses all put up very similar numbers.

Why do you think that is?

LVSteelersfan
12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Other posters have made ridiculous claims about Arians, a few even saying he "always" ran an empty backfield on 3rd & 1, even though when I asked them they failed to site any specific examples except once in Cleveland in 2009.

Bottom line is we NEVER should have run empty backfields on 3rd and 1. That fools no one. Can't run play action or a screen on an empty backfield set. And he did it more often than someone like you wants to admit. He was a moron.

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Bottom line is we NEVER should have run empty backfields on 3rd and 1. That fools no one. Can't run play action or a screen on an empty backfield set. And he did it more often than someone like you wants to admit. He was a moron.

Actually, Arians almost always ran the ball on 3rd and 1. 3rd and 2 or 3 was almost always a pass. While the spirit of the complaint that Arians often passed on 3rd and short is true; on 3rd and 1 he did run the ball.