PDA

View Full Version : Any silver lining????

FrancoLambert
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Can't find one on offense.
Defense did it's job.

I'm thinking Cortez Allen. Plays close to his receiver and reacts to the ball.
Looks like a bonafide CB.

PhantomJB93
12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Lose next week, and we have a top-16 draft pick. Go Browns.

Seriously though, besides that, this season showed us that Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen can handle the defensive backfield with Ike, Clark, and Troy whether Troy is here much longer or not. The secondary is no longer a concern when healthy.

Terminator
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Allen hasn't proven anything. He got completely wasted last week by the Cowboys' receivers.

We need to seriously stop blowing these players just cause they happen to show up for ONE game. They need to play this way ALL SEASON.

PhantomJB93
12-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Allen hasn't proven anything. He got completely wasted last week by the Cowboys' receivers.

We need to seriously stop blowing these players just cause they happen to show up for ONE game. They need to play this way ALL SEASON.

Cortez Allen didn't play vs. Dallas.

steve314
12-23-2012, 04:34 PM

One silver lining is that some "optimistic" fans may become more realistic about this team now. Or maybe not--beat the Browns and on to the playoffs! We can do it!

Rowland2110
12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
One silver lining is that some "optimistic" fans may become more realistic about this team now. Or maybe not--beat the Browns and on to the playoffs! We can do it!

ROFL.. Yeah! WE are mathematically eliminated but we can still do it! Anybody who disagrees is a negative nancie!

Terminator
12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
ROFL.. Yeah! WE are mathematically eliminated but we can still do it! Anybody who disagrees is a negative nancie!

Where's Quackjack when you need him?

sexyllama
12-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Maybe we should get some money together and send them T-Shirts to wear under their pads:

30-MInute Men
Unleashing HELL since 2009

Kanata-Steeler
12-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Where's Quackjack when you need him?

...probably trying to figurie out our potentially better draft picks for next season, which is a "silver lining" as well now.

mikegrimey
12-23-2012, 04:45 PM
The only one besides higher draft picks I can think of is having the coaching staff and management consider serious changes more, being humbled by having a bad year might motivate the personnel to try new things etc.

I know we got ousted by A freakshow in the playoffs last year, but our back to back 12-4 records probablyade it tempting to look at it as an anamole and not a serious problem, harder to ignore your problems when they keep you out of January

Steel_Bus_24
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
None really....this is about as worse a shape this era of Steelers has been in headed into the off-season

The upside for me at least.....is that I think this team this year has taught me how to handle losing a bit better.

Hope the Steelers can put it back together again strong next season.......Will be a hell of a task.....but it can be done if everybody in that organization gets on the same page an works together

Its Christmas time and Im bound and determined to not let this stuff drag on me. After what happened on the 14th.....Im going to hug my family a little harder and be that much more thankful....Yes life feels really good when we're winning bowls every other year.....but when ya take off the war paint and step back a little, life is still nice

njsteeler87v2
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
One silver lining: That the Bungles will eventually get creamed by the Cheatriots in the first round..
Like the old saying, better them than us..

GoFor7
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
My silver lining:

On defense, turnovers happen when you're aggressive and not sitting back to "tackle the catch." Hopefully the team can take this into next season.

tanda10506
12-23-2012, 05:06 PM
The silver lining is maybe after another lackluster season Rooney will make some more changes.

Rowland2110
12-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Shaun Suisham.

I hope he is holding his head high because his missed kicks were ones that should not have been attempted to begin with. 53 yards in Hienz Field? Ya right.

FanSince72
12-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Defense did it's job.

I don't see a silver lining.

Of course maybe if Haley got hit by a bus, then I might change my mind about that.

steelfury02
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
no more wasting 3 hours on Sundays?

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2012, 06:38 PM
The defense. Kept them in games all year. We're it not for them this team would be well below .500 with all the turnovers that the offense makes on a weekly basis. If Lebeau retires, they'll go 3 and 13.

pete74
12-23-2012, 06:47 PM
The good news is we should get the number 12 or 13 pick in the draft. We really need an awesome OLB'er.

ZoneBlitzer
12-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Another silver lining is their record. Normally a team with one of the worst turnover ratios in the league would be a total bottom feeder. I'll give Tomlin that for making a competitive team out of one that had no business being in the running.

ricardisimo
12-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Already mentioned: Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen and even Curtis Brown took their lumps and appeared to brush them off and progress. There's good and bad with Tomlin and Lebeau's hard-on for veterans, but now that all three of these guys got to play, I think we started to see some talent and maturity.

Another silver lining is the possibility that, because of circumstances this year, we will get Mendenhall back on the cheap.

therocksteeler
12-24-2012, 03:20 AM
^^^^agree^^^^ the Need of desire and leadership from within the team is paramount in next coming year.

DoctorCAD
12-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Nope, can't think of one.

Fire Haley
12-24-2012, 07:09 AM
We won't get knocked out of the playoffs by the Browns

TRH
12-24-2012, 08:02 AM
the silver lining for me ?

That its now absolutely necessary - and understood - that many changes need to be made this off-season. Tomlin's likely, for the first time in his young career, feeling a little hot under the collar and "job security" is entering his head for the first time as well. He's finding out that wins "just don't come automatically" because your a Pittsburgh Steeler.
I'm interested in watching those changes unfold.

BengalDestroyer
12-24-2012, 08:14 AM
silver lining is higher draft picks...

Steel95
12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Hmm! I'm hoping Cleveland comes to town next week and kick their butt; we need some quality players. Maybe Colbert can finally have a solid draft between rounds 3-5 that will give this team some solid depth.

desertsteel
12-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Troy looked like Troy for the first time all year.

stb_steeler
12-24-2012, 09:42 AM
The good news is we should get the number 12 or 13 pick in the draft. We really need an awesome OLB'er.

I think the real trick is to stay healthy long enough for the team to gell! :noidea:

Rotorhead
12-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Silver lining, all the whiners on this board will go away soon and the real fans can start looking forward to next season.

Danny136200
12-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Defense did it's job.

Ummm, we get an easier schedule next year? Not really all that much positives from this game really.

Lord of Lombardi
12-25-2012, 12:42 PM
The silver lining is maybe after another lackluster season Rooney will make some more changes.

The only good news is that the Rooney has seen this team go from powerhouse to powderpuff. Screwed up coaching all year, time mismanagement in every game and 4th quarter collapses throughout the season. This is the mark of a very poor all around team and ownership needs to put fear in every coach to coach better or you won't belong here.

Many coaches and players don't.

NSMaster56
12-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Silver lining for the season:

SIX losses of six or less points.

With all the injuries and inability to force TO's, one has to figure that if/when this team buckles down and gives a crap they're a top-5 team.

This was a wasted season, but there have been plenty of lessons to learn.

If Tomlin doesn't get these guys to learn from them, then it will truly be a wasted season.