PDA

View Full Version : How's Heath Miller?

Crazed Bengal
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I saw him being helped off the field but didn't see the play. I pray he's ok, I hate when anyone gets hurt but I know it's part of the game. So, how is he, is he going to be ready for next week?

AndyWitmyer
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I haven't heard anything - hope he's okay, as well. Congrats on your team's win

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
I heard torn ACL and MCL.

casteeler
12-23-2012, 08:58 PM

I hope not.

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2012, 09:09 PM
I hope not.

Heard Tomlin say...

Penn
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Very sad for Heath. If anyone on this team deserved a nice off season it was him. Now he's gonna have to work hisass off every day just to be ready for camp

Crazed Bengal
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Oh, that sucks big time. He's a damn good player and doesn't deserve getting hurt. Well, no one deserves getting hurt except for maybe Ray Lewis, lol.

And thank you for the congratulations, it was a hard fought defensive battle where either team could have won. I'm still laughing over BJGE and getting 15 touches and only netting 14 yards, lol. C'mon man at least average 1 yard per carry, that's all I ask.

Hawaii 5-0
12-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Steelers Injury Report: Heath Miller Suffers PCL & MCL Injury In Loss To Bengals

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers 2012 season came to an abrupt halt on Sunday thanks to their 13-10 loss Sunday at Heinz Field to the Cincinnati Bengals. The team suffered more injuries in the loss and head coach Mike Tomlin addressed those injuries in his post game press conference.

Tomlin announced that running back Baron Batch (arm) suffered a broken arm and that tight end Heath Miller (knee) suffered a PCL and MCL injury. Both will undoubtedly be placed on injured reserve for the final week of the season.

Also injured in the loss were cornerback Curtis Brown (Achilles), wide receiver Mike Wallace (hamstring), and center Maurkice Pouncey (knee) with an MCL sprain. Pouncey was able to finish the game.

Cornerback Ike Taylor (ankle) and tackle Mike Adams (ankle) were both inactive with their preexisting injuries.

The Steelers will play the Cleveland Browns next week in a meaningless game at Heinz Field. Expect a flurry of roster moves early next week.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/steelers-injury-report-heath-miller-sufffers-pcl-mcl-injury-in-loss-to-bengals/

casteeler
12-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Ughh, Heath has a long time to rehab

Lady Steel
12-24-2012, 12:28 AM
tight end Heath Miller (knee) suffered a PCL and MCL injury.

Nooooooo. :frown:

I saw him being helped off the field but didn't see the play. I pray he's ok, I hate when anyone gets hurt but I know it's part of the game. So, how is he, is he going to be ready for next week?

Thank you so much for your concern. Unfortunately, next week's game really doesn't matter. We're done.

micraydim
12-24-2012, 06:14 AM
sorry to hear that . hope everything goes well

Atlanta Dan
12-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Heard Tomlin say...

Yep - major knee injury according to Tomlin at Monday's press briefing:mad:

Heath Miller's right knee injury Sunday included a torn anterior cruciate ligament along with others that will require surgery and extensive offseason rehabilitation, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today.

The tight end left the game against the Cincinnati Bengals in the fourth quarter and afterward Tomlin said he sustained injuries to his posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments. He has a torn MCL and may have a slight PCL tear as well, Tomlin said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-tight-end-millers-knee-injury-to-require-surgery-extensive-rehab-667691/

But you need to tackle low now so this is going to happen more frequently

steelerchad
12-24-2012, 03:05 PM
That's a long recovery time. Doubt he is ready come camp time. He's got 9 months until week 1 and he'll need most of that time to get right.

Tight end Heath Miller faces surgery after suffering an ACL and MCL injury, and possibly a partial PCL injury, in his right knee against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

TRH
12-24-2012, 03:11 PM
the news coming in seems to be bleaker by the minute on this one.

austinfrench76
12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
F*ck.

Millers the sh!t
12-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Ughh, Heath has a long time to rehab

That's good for the team, but he fully deserved a trip to Hawaii and he won't be able to partake in it. Thanks for giving it 100% every snap those season and every season before it. You're the best player in a steeler uniform Heath and I wish you a speedy revovery. I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays and the new year. Cheers to you H. Miller 83

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I hope he recovers nicely. Love Heath. Had a terrific season.

But I'm scared that at age 30, this kind of knee injury could do him in. I really hope not, but man his knee got jacked up yesterday. Poor dude.

fujirama24
12-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah obvious his season is over. But he might not be able to play til midseason next year. That hurts bad. When it rains it pours. Good luck big man stay strong.

lipps83
12-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I think with the advances in ACL reconstructive surgery he should be back no problem by the season opener. He will have the best in the business looking at his progress.

Maybe he will pull an Adrian Peterson and be even better when he gets back.

VictoryFormation
12-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Heath Miller has a torn ACL, and MCL, eerily similiar to Carson Palmer's knee injury, back in '05.
Ain't that a strange coincidence?