PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Right Now Video

Big7Ben
08-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I was out of town when they showed the Mr. Right Now Video by the Poverty Neck Hillbillies with Ben in it :dang: .. and i missed it. Does anyone have a link or a way i could see it?!

Let's Go Ben!!!

melroseplace
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't know of any links, I think CMT is premiering it this week? I personally was not impressed

Big7Ben
08-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh, okay. Yes, from the description it seemed okay, but I really like the song so i'm looking forward to seeing it.

SteelerzGirl
08-15-2006, 05:37 AM
I saw the Mr. Right Now video on Saturday during the Steelers pre-game show. Ben looked good, and it's a cute and funny video. It's funny only because of Ben's antics in it. :smile:

The video stayed true to western Pennsylvania, which isn't surprising since it was shot here. It shows the mountains and cornfields, the commitment to children, family, and picnics enjoyed by family and friends. The video either had a low budget (which might be the case since the Poverty Neck Hillbillies are just starting out), or was purposely shot to look like a home video.

The song itself could have been a bit faster and upbeat, in my opinion, but overall it wasn't all that bad. It's a video by a Pittsburgh band and included a Pittsburgh Steeler, so I'm a bit biased in defending it, I suppose.

It's to debut on CMT sometime this week, and from what I understand, CMT is also going to show the behind the scenes making of the video on CMT Insider or whatever it's called. WQED (a PBS affiliate) is also supposed to show a behind the scenes making of the video on October 22nd.

83-Steelers-43
08-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Overall....the video itself was very cheesy in my opinion. Not surprising really. As for the music...well, to each their own.

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 07:26 AM
I saw the video...I do like country..and this band was OK...this video was a little..I dunno....average?

I'm sure the ladies enjoyed it....lol

Big7Ben
08-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Seems like some of you like it, some of you don't. I'll just have to see it for myself. :smile: Personally, I think i'm the biggest Ben fan.. so I should like it, along with other lady Ben Lovers. (haha)

nicesteel4life
08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
It was ALRIGHT. Nothing Great and have seen worse.
Agree it was a little Cheezy, but Ben made it better
It will still keep the band in POVERTY though......lol

HometownGal
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
I really enjoyed it, but I love country music as well and a couple of the band members sure aren't hard on the eyeballs. :smile: The Hillbillies' fiddle player, Chris Higbee, is very talented and Chris Abbondanza has a great voice, imo. Ben was acting silly in the video, but that was his character role and I think he pulled it off well. I think it was well done for an up and coming country music band. I recorded it and set it aside with all of my others Steelers memorabilia. :cool:

siss
08-15-2006, 02:34 PM
The Mr. right now video will premier on CMT at 4:45 EST tomrrow. So for all of us pathetic loosers who live away from the burgh can finally watch it!

Seems like some of you like it, some of you don't. I'll just have to see it for myself. Personally, I think i'm the biggest Ben fan.. so I should like it, along with other lady Ben Lovers. (haha)

You havn't met me yet! These guys will tell you that I am the biggest Big Ben fan!
Go check out the ladies only thread!

siss
08-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Here it is girls!
I found it.
http://www.rustrecords.com/media/_video/pnh/

stillers4me
08-15-2006, 07:01 PM
I loved it!! He can be my Mr. Right Now anyday!! (and I'm old enough to be Mrs. Roethisberger...as in MOM!!)

siss
08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Im old enough to be Mrs. Roethlisberger (not mom)!
And it was a cute video. Bed did a good job! And OMG that hillbilly shake thing...lets just say I might have spontaioulsy combusted if Ben had done it!

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey!!! After listening to all of the negative comments and the fact that I'm not really into country music, I didn't pull up that video with much hope.... I thought it was great! They all looked like they were having a great time...made me want to join their picnic. Ben was (sorry guys) adorable - he did a great job mugging for the camera. I may have to watch it again! :wink:

24seven
08-16-2006, 05:10 AM
are you shattin me?? those lyrics were gayer than 2 queers on valentines day.... Sure there havin fun.... there gay! minus Ben of course.. If it wasn't for him being in it I'd have shot myself for watchin it..

floodcitygirl
08-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Gay as in happy? :hunch: I agree....I saw many happy people in that video. The ladies looked especially happy! :smile:

Big7Ben
08-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Ben= mine. Others, have your comments. As for Siss, girl, I know your a Ben Fan too. I can just sense it. :smile:

Big7Ben
08-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I just watched it!! I LOVE IT! What can I say... I'm a Pittsburgh Country girl who loves hot hillbillies (like *COUGH* the Povertyneck Hillbillies and Ben, course Ben really isn't a hillbillie.....) I personally think I look better than that girl that Ben got in the end.
Good Video. And thanks to Siss for the link. Much appreciated and much needed!!

blackvelvet
08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
I love, love, LOVE country music, and downloaded the song as soon as i could. I actually liked it, although it wasn't really what I thought it would be. And sadly, i'm too young for Ben. I'm just old enough to be his little sister :(. Oh well. I liked the video.

bigbenrules4000
02-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Have you ladies seen any of the pics of Ben from the Makeing of the video dvd? I have the dvd and its deffently a keeper. We get to see Ben shirtless!!!!

alittlejazzbird
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I guess too many people have tried to download the video from the record company's website? I've been trying to pull it up but can't find it anywhere, and the link posted above now only takes you to Rust Records' homepage. It'll probably show up on YouTube or Google Video eventually, right?

polamalufan43
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Umm.... don't know if this was mentioned, but the video is on kdka.com.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: