PDA

View Full Version : they showed al davis close up for mnf opener.

tony hipchest
08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
HOLY COW! no wonder this dudes been in hiding. his teeth are more yellow than the heinz field seats and hes really starting to look like a bald baby vulture.

and for fans of "the simpsons" i didnt see mr. burns sidekick smithers by his side :chuckle:

Hawk Believer
08-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Eeeeehxcellent.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:F2OP5JqEni2fLM:http://usuarios.lycos.es/aamiqanag82/competencia/PP/gallery.mr.burns.jpg

EDIT: this was supposed to be an image of Mr. Burns. But My image wasn't showing up. And apparently I can't add an image in edit, it only shows the URL. Oh well.....

Black@Gold Forever32
08-14-2006, 07:00 PM
HOLY COW! no wonder this dudes been in hiding. his teeth are more yellow than the heinz field seats and hes really starting to look like a bald baby vulture.

and for fans of "the simpsons" i didnt see mr. burns sidekick smithers by his side :chuckle:

I must say Uncle Al is looking real scary these days. I was like wow he looks bad.

BlackNGold203
08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
he's old...and not well...

I know he's Al Davis..but he's also an NFL Legend....hate to see that

Tankus_Maximus
08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
He looks like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. ugh.

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
All I gotta say about that interview..........What a mess!

Here ya go Al...........http://www.grandlakegardens.com/

MattsMe
08-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Say what you want about Al Davis, he still attracts the hottest cheerleaders in the NFL.

http://www.chargertom.com/raidershugefan.jpg

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Madon, momma mia!!!

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Say what you want about Al Davis, he still attracts the hottest cheerleaders in the NFL.

http://www.chargertom.com/raidershugefan.jpg
what did they use to get that tattoo on her arm? a hollowed out harpoon, a paint roller, or a wagner house sprayer? that mustve took the tattooist longer than it took michaelangelo to paint the sistine chapel.

MattsMe
08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
what did they use to get that tattoo on her arm? a hollowed out harpoon, a paint roller, or a wagner house sprayer? that mustve took the tattooist longer than it took michaelangelo to paint the sistine chapel.

:sofunny: Looking at her I couldn't help but think this is what Warren Sapp would look like as a white woman.

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 06:51 PM
:sofunny: Looking at her I couldn't help but think this is what Warren Sapp would look like as a white woman.warren sapp thinks tomahawk missles are hot dogs. when they blow up in his "belley" he just eats a case of rolaids and sits on the pot and lets out a loud burp.

memphissteelergirl
09-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I must say Uncle Al is looking real scary these days. I was like wow he looks bad.

Well....let's face it...he was never easy on the eyes to begin with :hunch:

Petesburgh66
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Al Davis = Skeletor. Enough said.

wadester47
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Did any of you expect anything else, Al Davis the face of death over a dead franchise.

silver & black
09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Are you all done having your fun at the expense of an old (77) man who is not well?

If it wasn't for Al Davis, you wouldn't have the NFL as it exists today. Even in poor health, he was instrumental in getting the CBA passed this year, ensuring that your NFL fix would continue... uninterupted.

cbalke
09-05-2006, 05:31 AM
:sofunny: Looking at her I couldn't help but think this is what Warren Sapp would look like as a white woman.

hehehehehehehheeh!!!!!!!

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

wonder what his brother would look like as a white woman....

memphissteelergirl
09-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Are you all done having your fun at the expense of an old (77) man who is not well?
If it wasn't for Al Davis, you wouldn't have the NFL as it exists today. Even in poor health, he was instrumental in getting the CBA passed this year, ensuring that your NFL fix would continue... uninterupted.

Oh, please, like you or your fellow Raider fans have never taken a pot-shot or two at Mr. Rooney. :rolleyes:

silver & black
09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh, please, like you or your fellow Raider fans have never taken a pot-shot or two at Mr. Rooney. :rolleyes:

Actually, no, I haven't. I can't speak for others.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Mr. Rooney was instrumental in getting the CBA passed this year. All Al Davis has ever done is sue everybody within arm's reach. Whether it was the city of Oakland, L.A., or the NFL itself. Not to mention the legions of fans he's pissed off by moving the team twice!!

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't forget he wanted to move the Raiders to...IRWINDALE!!! All there is in Irwindale is a big ass rocky quarry!! Al Davis is finally reaping that which he has sewn. The man ran Marcus Allen outta the Raiders.

silver & black
09-07-2006, 03:42 PM
^^^ I was going to write a lengthy response, but it isn't worth it. You are one of the Lemmings that regurgitate the same old, tired rhetoric that all the rest of the uninformed spew. I'm just going to leave it alone.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah..right..sure.

An informed Raider fan. Another oxy-moron.

silver & black
09-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah..right..sure.

An informed Raider fan. Another oxy-moron.

You prove my point.:rolleyes:

Big D
09-07-2006, 05:54 PM
al davis is the reason why the raiders have sucked for the past few years. Yet all raider fans get on there knees and praise him. The raider organization is the biggest has been organization in all of sports. I dont care they have the best winning percentage when was this done when there was 8-10 teams in the nfl.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Was there anything in my post that was untrue??

Didn't think so.

Big D
09-07-2006, 05:58 PM
nope. What is there record the past 4 years 13-35. yet these raider fans still are spouting bullshit

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 06:17 PM
ever since Dexter Jackson wiped his ass with them, they've been in disarray.

silver & black
09-07-2006, 06:28 PM
al davis is the reason why the raiders have sucked for the past few years. Yet all raider fans get on there knees and praise him. The raider organization is the biggest has been organization in all of sports. I dont care they have the best winning percentage when was this done when there was 8-10 teams in the nfl.

Ok. Submit facts as to how Al Davis is responsible for the poor play of the past few years.

By that logic, he is also responsible for the 3 year run, starting in 2000, of divisional championships and a Superbowl appearance in 2003... correct?

The Raiders were established in 1960. There were 21 teams... 13 in the NFL and 8 in the AFL. The two leagues merged in 1970. By then, there was 28 teams in the NFL... so, no... not 8-10 teams.

The Raiders are the biggest has been organization in all of sports? Why, because they have been a poor team for the last three years? If I recall correctly, your team struggled a bit in the not too distant past also.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Al Davis FIRED Mike Shanahan!! That guy went on to win a couple of Super Bowls in Denver, if memory serves correct!!

Given Al Davis' hands on control of the team, NOBODY wants to coach for him!! Hence why Whisenhunt opted to stay in Pitt (as the heir apparent?) as a coordinator, rather than work for The Emperor!!!

The Raiders refusal to admit their weakness at QB has Al Davis written all over it!! He could've picked Ben (thank god he didnt) but he took that bust Gallery, he could've had Leinart (who is already a better QB than Brooks), but instead he keeps hoping for Jim Plunkett PT 2, and took that Kordell-clone Aaron Brooks!!

What else do you need?

silver & black
09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
nope. What is there record the past 4 years 13-35. yet these raider fans still are spouting bullshit

Exactly what bullshit have I spouted? Did I say that the Raiders are a good team at the moment?

Do you think that Raider fans don't know the record of the last 3 years?

Should I abandon my team because they have fallen on hard times?

What should I do? How should I act? How should I conduct myself so I don't sound like I'm "spouting bullshit"?

You know what... I never, in all my time as a Raiders fan, which is 39 years now, thought that I would ever see the Raiders where they are now. I have faith that they will rebound, and once again be a power in the NFL. In fact, I look for it to happen in the next 3 years. If that sounds like "spouting bullshit" to you, so be it. I call it being a dedicated fan.

Your team is on top right now, and probably will be for some time, but, don't think that what has happened to the Raiders, and a few other teams, can't happen to the Steelers... it most surely can.... then it may be you that is accused of "spouting bullshit" because you are a dedicated fan.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 07:03 PM
I'll admit football, the NFL in particular is cyclical. What you said about where the Raiders & Steelers are is true. I live in L.A. so I see ALOT of the Raider Nation, my first football game was a Raiders/Browns game @ The Coliseum. My point is: I'm familiar with the Raiders. It's sad to see a franchise that was so dominant, be a shell of itself. I feel that until The Emperor stops pulling the strings for that team, it's gonna be a l-o-n-g time before they return to greatness.

Don't even get me going on the whole "Chucky" debacle.

silver & black
09-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Al Davis FIRED Mike Shanahan!! That guy went on to win a couple of Super Bowls in Denver, if memory serves correct!!

Given Al Davis' hands on control of the team, NOBODY wants to coach for him!! Hence why Whisenhunt opted to stay in Pitt (as the heir apparent?) as a coordinator, rather than work for The Emperor!!!

The Raiders refusal to admit their weakness at QB has Al Davis written all over it!! He could've picked Ben (thank god he didnt) but he took that bust Gallery, he could've had Leinart (who is already a better QB than Brooks), but instead he keeps hoping for Jim Plunkett PT 2, and took that Kordell-clone Aaron Brooks!!

What else do you need?

Ummm... firing Shanarat has exactyly what to do with the past 3 years?

It is not a refusal to admit a weakness at QB, rather, a commitment to Andrew Walter as the future. Time will tell if it is/was a wise move. Walter is simply not ready yet... Brooks is only there untill he is.

It's a bit early to tell if Gallery is a bust. Playing out of position and a poor coaching staff has hindered his progress. At least give him this year playing at his natural position before passing judgement. Shell thinks he can be a pro bowl lineman... that's enough for me, coming from arguably the best to ever play the position.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 07:11 PM
*sigh*..if they hadn't fired Shanahan they wouldn't have had the coaching-carousel they've had the past couple of years.

Don't get your hopes up on Walter, the kid looks good..but...it's Al Davis. He'll blossom somewhere else.

silver & black
09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
*sigh*..if they hadn't fired Shanahan they wouldn't have had the coaching-carousel they've had the past couple of years.

Don't get your hopes up on Walter, the kid looks good..but...it's Al Davis. He'll blossom somewhere else.

Hard to say... Shanarat may have taken us down faster, or brought us back to a Superbowl... we will never know.

I don't have my hopes up too high on Walter. It has nothing to do with Al Davis. I have a bad feeling that the kid is not going to be very durable, despite his considerable talent.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 07:17 PM
see..that's the point I've made that you don't understand...until Al Davis backs away from the team...it's gonna be more of the same.

silver & black
09-07-2006, 07:21 PM
see..that's the point I've made that you don't understand...until Al Davis backs away from the team...it's gonna be more of the same.

Well, ok... you and I will just have to agree to disagree about Al Davis.

I have to go get ready to watch the Steelers beat up on the Dolphins. :sofunny:

Good luck tonight! :smile:

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Wow.

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Robert Gallery should go to the Oakland Police Department immediately!! and file sexual assault charges after that RAPING Luis Castillo gave him all game long!! He used Gallery like a revolving door!! all that was missing was the "'scuse me, pardon me, coming through" as he either went right by him, or bullrushed him into the backfield!!

Gallery's a bust.

silver & black
09-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Robert Gallery should go to the Oakland Police Department immediately!! and file sexual assault charges after that RAPING Luis Castillo gave him all game long!! He used Gallery like a revolving door!! all that was missing was the "'scuse me, pardon me, coming through" as he either went right by him, or bullrushed him into the backfield!!

Gallery's a bust.

How could you talk like that about Robert "turnstile" Gallery?:sofunny:

Apparently, he was injured (calf) and played anyway.:rolleyes: He is out against the Ravens. Yea!!!:bouncy:

There are still some who think he is the real deal, and he will eventually be a very good player... I aint one of them. He has had 3 years to show what he has. I'm not in the least impressed with what I see.

Looks like Raider Nation is in for another very long year... I didn't think it was possible to play worse than Green Bay... man, was I wrong!!! I'll admit, I was really excited about the new coaching staff and everything that went on in the off season... seemed like we were finally going to start to turn this mess around. After what I saw Monday night, I don't think we can even win one game :dang: At this rate, it will be 3 years before we are even a .500 team.

After 39 years as a Raiders fan, all I can do is support my team, and hope for the best... I really don't know what to think or expect at this point. :shake01:

Steel12
09-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Hell nah...this dude said a bald baby vulture :sofunny: ...I'ma have to steal that one!

tony hipchest
09-14-2006, 04:30 PM

Apparently, he was injured (calf) and played anyway.:rolleyes: He is out against the Ravens. Yea!!!:bouncy:

There are still some who think he is the real deal, and he will eventually be a very good player... I aint one of them. He has had 3 years to show what he has. I'm not in the least impressed with what I see.

Looks like Raider Nation is in for another very long year... I didn't think it was possible to play worse than Green Bay... man, was I wrong!!! I'll admit, I was really excited about the new coaching staff and everything that went on in the off season... seemed like we were finally going to start to turn this mess around. After what I saw Monday night, I don't think we can even win one game :dang: At this rate, it will be 3 years before we are even a .500 team.

After 39 years as a Raiders fan, all I can do is support my team, and hope for the best... I really don't know what to think or expect at this point. :shake01:wow. that honest assesment sucks. i feel for ya! some good qb's passed you by in the draft lately. im not sure the brady wanna be out of notre dame is the answer but being coached by weiss oughtta be worth something.

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2006, 04:36 PM

After 39 years as a Raiders fan, all I can do is support my team, and hope for the best... I really don't know what to think or expect at this point. :shake01:

well ummmm....when your big off season move is getting aaron brooks for your starting qb,and a coach that no one else in the league would offer a job too that should have been a hint as to what to ecspect...:sofunny: and your still not convinced crazy al isn't the problem in oakland?

silver & black
09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
wow. that honest assesment sucks. i feel for ya! some good qb's passed you by in the draft lately. im not sure the brady wanna be out of notre dame is the answer but being coached by weiss oughtta be worth something.

I would rather have Troy Smith than Quinn. Not saying Quinn isn't a good QB but, I think Troy Smith is a Tough kid that will be a very good NFL QB.

silver & black
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
well ummmm....when your big off season move is getting aaron brooks for your starting qb,and a coach that no one else in the league would offer a job too that should have been a hint as to what to ecspect...:sofunny: and your still not convinced crazy al isn't the problem in oakland?

well ummmm... I didn't equate getting Aaron Brooks with a big off season move. I really don't care for him but, somebody has to play QB, right? I, and most other Raider fans, are happy it is Brooks and not Collins... at least Brooks can move! No, he isn't a great QB, probably not even a good QB, but he is a QB, and we need one just like all the other teams in the NFL.

Yes, I do like Art Shell as the coach of the Raiders. I was very happy when I learned he had the job. What is it about Art Shell that provokes so much animosity towards him amoung fans of other teams? He had a winning record and three playoff apearances in his first tenure... I don't understand why he gets no respect. Please, explain.

I never said that Al Davis was perfect, nor that he didn't have a hand in some of what is wrong in Oakland but, he is not hardly to blame for all that is wrong.

The Raiders seem to have players that are not as talented as was first thought. They seem to have no grit, or heart. They appear to just go through the moves on the field. This is where I think Art Shell will make a huge difference... this is why I was happy with the choice of Art Shell as coach. I know Art isn't a great X's and O's guy but, this team doesn't need that right now... they need a guy that can motivate them to give a damn... to show them what it means to be a Raider, because they really don't know!!!

Anyway... good luck with your season.

augustashark
09-14-2006, 05:40 PM
I would rather have Troy Smith than Quinn. Not saying Quinn isn't a good QB but, I think Troy Smith is a Tough kid that will be a very good NFL QB.

Dude, I was hanging with you till this! Vitamin C will help with this problem! Does it burn when you pee?

silver & black
09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Dude, I was hanging with you till this! Vitamin C will help with this problem! Does it burn when you pee?

Whatever. Like I said... Quinn is good but, I think Troy Smith has what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Tankus_Maximus
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Wow..Props to you, you owned up to it. Gotta respect that.

MattsMe
09-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow..Props to you, you owned up to it. Gotta respect that.

I agree. Sometimes reality's a hard pill to swallow, but it's refreshing to see another team's fan who doesn't live in a fantasy world. Every team has spent time at the bottom, the Raiders will get better, they always do. (but not better than us of course :cool: )

Tankus_Maximus
09-14-2006, 11:15 PM
I remember our time at the bottom, course much of that was attributed to the injuries on the o-line, that caused Tommy Maddox to come back to earth. Painfully.

It's a pleasant change to see someone be an honest & objective fan. I think I was wrong in judging Silver & Black.

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2006, 05:00 PM
well ummmm... I didn't equate getting Aaron Brooks with a big off season move. I really don't care for him but, somebody has to play QB, right? I, and most other Raider fans, are happy it is Brooks and not Collins... at least Brooks can move! No, he isn't a great QB, probably not even a good QB, but he is a QB, and we need one just like all the other teams in the NFL.

Yes, I do like Art Shell as the coach of the Raiders. I was very happy when I learned he had the job. What is it about Art Shell that provokes so much animosity towards him amoung fans of other teams? He had a winning record and three playoff apearances in his first tenure... I don't understand why he gets no respect. Please, explain.

I never said that Al Davis was perfect, nor that he didn't have a hand in some of what is wrong in Oakland but, he is not hardly to blame for all that is wrong.

The Raiders seem to have players that are not as talented as was first thought. They seem to have no grit, or heart. They appear to just go through the moves on the field. This is where I think Art Shell will make a huge difference... this is why I was happy with the choice of Art Shell as coach. I know Art isn't a great X's and O's guy but, this team doesn't need that right now... they need a guy that can motivate them to give a damn... to show them what it means to be a Raider, because they really don't know!!!

Anyway... good luck with your season....sorry. poor choice of words. i should have said only off season moves. what i was getting at is ,if i were a raider fan i'd be pretty pissed off at the F.O's lack of trying to right the ship,or at very least stop the bleeding. neither of which can i see aaron brooks helping out with. not too mention the other qb vets and draft choices the organization has let slip by without even showing any interest in. trust me we steeler fans no your pain. we've suffered through the bubby bristers,kent grahms,tomsucks,and korkies for quite a long time.had it not been for maddox's lead feet, big ben could still be unproven and riding the pine while the fans continue to suffer watching a qb loose games for us.the raiders need to throw walters out there and see what the kid is made of. he certainly isn't helping the team holding a clip board, and if your going to throw the season away with a bum like brooks,you might as well do it with walters and find out something for next years draft.

as for art shell,i don't have a dislike for the guy.i'm just not sure he's the one to right the ship either. i know quite a few hard core raider fans and they all feel the same way i do about shell. i couldn't help but notice the way he just stood on the sidelines like a sears manican showing no emotion whatsoever regardless of what happend on the field. to put it bluntly, he didn't even look like he was coaching. based on that i just don't see him installing discipline in the players. you need another guy like gruden.

Hawk Believer
09-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Hey Silver and Black - What are your thoughts on Tuiasosopo? I always thought he might make more of an impact in the NFL than he has. From what you've seen of him, do you think he's always gonna be a 3rd strigner or that he might be capable of more if he was developed with another team?

silver & black
09-15-2006, 06:48 PM
...sorry. poor choice of words. i should have said only off season moves. what i was getting at is ,if i were a raider fan i'd be pretty pissed off at the F.O's lack of trying to right the ship,or at very least stop the bleeding. neither of which can i see aaron brooks helping out with. not too mention the other qb vets and draft choices the organization has let slip by without even showing any interest in. trust me we steeler fans no your pain. we've suffered through the bubby bristers,kent grahms,tomsucks,and korkies for quite a long time.had it not been for maddox's lead feet, big ben could still be unproven and riding the pine while the fans continue to suffer watching a qb loose games for us.the raiders need to throw walters out there and see what the kid is made of. he certainly isn't helping the team holding a clip board, and if your going to throw the season away with a bum like brooks,you might as well do it with walters and find out something for next years draft.

as for art shell,i don't have a dislike for the guy.i'm just not sure he's the one to right the ship either. i know quite a few hard core raider fans and they all feel the same way i do about shell. i couldn't help but notice the way he just stood on the sidelines like a sears manican showing no emotion whatsoever regardless of what happend on the field. to put it bluntly, he didn't even look like he was coaching. based on that i just don't see him installing discipline in the players. you need another guy like gruden.

Hey, it's cool. I have spent a week defending... "how can you possibly be wearing a Raiders shirt, or even be a fan of that shitty team"! :rolleyes: Sometimes all you can do is stand there and take it.

I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled at Art's sideline presence on Monday night. All I can think is that he was just as shocked and dumbfounded as us fans were!

I would take Chucky back in a heartbeat! He was the best thing to happen to the Raiders in a looooong time.

I, and quite a few other Raider fans agree with you about Walter. I know this kid can be a very good QB... he has it all. He just needs the reps and some experience. He will be a project, but I don't think it will take him too long (1 or 2 seasons) to be a competent NFL QB. On the other hand... with our O line as bad as it is, I dont want to get the kid killed before he can learn the ropes! It's kind of a catch 22 right now.

To the rest of you that had some kind words... I appreciate it. I try not to be a homer. :sofunny:

silver & black
09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey Silver and Black - What are your thoughts on Tuiasosopo? I always thought he might make more of an impact in the NFL than he has. From what you've seen of him, do you think he's always gonna be a 3rd strigner or that he might be capable of more if he was developed with another team?

Ah, the Tui saga!

First off, Tui has been a great Raider and team player. He never complains. He stands on the sidelines, holding his clipboard and helping the starting QB as much as he can. For 5 years he has done this. He got shafted last year after the Jets game. He should have been allowed to finish the season as the starter. I can't blame that on Norv... that had Al Davis written all over it.

Al Davis didn't want Tui, Gruden did. Gruden got him. Tui was going to be the starter, untill Gannon became available. We all know how that played out.

Gruden used the WCO, or as I like to call it, a modified WCO. This is the type of offense that Tui works well in. Unfortunately for Tui, Gannon was better at it. Tui needs to go to a team that uses more of a WCO... I think he could do well with a team like that.

The Raiders aren't going to run an offense like that any time soon. This will be Tui's last year as a Raider... I hope he finds a team that will give him a chance, and he finally gets to be a starting QB. Tui is aces in my book for the way he has conducted himself while with the Raiders. Tui will always be a Raider... once a raider, always a Raider!

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey, it's cool. I have spent a week defending... "how can you possibly be wearing a Raiders shirt, or even be a fan of that shitty team"! :rolleyes: Sometimes all you can do is stand there and take it.

I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled at Art's sideline presence on Monday night. All I can think is that he was just as shocked and dumbfounded as us fans were!

I would take Chucky back in a heartbeat! He was the best thing to happen to the Raiders in a looooong time.

I, and quite a few other Raider fans agree with you about Walter. I know this kid can be a very good QB... he has it all. He just needs the reps and some experience. He will be a project, but I don't think it will take him too long (1 or 2 seasons) to be a competent NFL QB. On the other hand... with our O line as bad as it is, I dont want to get the kid killed before he can learn the ropes! It's kind of a catch 22 right now.

To the rest of you that had some kind words... I appreciate it. I try not to be a homer. :sofunny:
well silver,any real football fan knows how you can sport your colors,and what comes around goes around. just think how satisfying it will be when they return as a contender.

i wasn't actually referring to monday's game regarding shell,but his entire last stint as h.c. i meen if the guy doesn't get fired up on the sideline during a game,i just can't imagine him showing much presence and commanding respect and disipline at practice.

for walters there's no experience like game experience. coaches say all the time you can't simulate game speed in practice. they need to get him on the field, he's got enough clipboard time.

Hawk Believer
09-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Thats good to hear that Tui is respected down there and still has some league potential. I was under the impression that it hadn't been the best team for his development. Great synopsis S&B.

He had always been a stand up guy with a good blue collar ethic as a Husky. In spite of playing under Rick "The Weasal" Nuehiesal. UW hasn't even caught the scent of roses since Tui lead them there. I hope he gets another opportunity in the NFL.

silver & black
09-15-2006, 07:26 PM
well silver,any real football fan knows how you can sport your colors,and what comes around goes around. just think how satisfying it will be when they return as a contender.

i wasn't actually referring to monday's game regarding shell,but his entire last stint as h.c. i meen if the guy doesn't get fired up on the sideline during a game,i just can't imagine him showing much presence and commanding respect and disipline at practice.

for walters there's no experience like game experience. coaches say all the time you can't simulate game speed in practice. they need to get him on the field, he's got enough clipboard time.

As far as Shell not getting fired up on the sidelines and not commanding respect and discipline at practice... To a man, all the players will tell you, that aint so! Why do you think Porter is in the situation he is? Because Art won't put up with his shit... he through him out of his office! Believe me, Art definately commands, and expects respect and discipline.

I agree with you on Walter... put him in, and let's roll!

Another thing about getting fired up on the sideline... Bill Belichick seems to have a pretty decent team... I don't see him ranting and raving on the sideline.

Tankus_Maximus
09-16-2006, 09:50 AM
I agree S&B, at this point I'd let Walter in, and start Fargas too!! That kid was running HARD on those last couple of runs. Those veterans' best days are behind them.

silver & black
09-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I agree S&B, at this point I'd let Walter in, and start Fargas too!! That kid was running HARD on those last couple of runs. Those veterans' best days are behind them.

I'm pretty happy with the effort that Fargas has shown. He looked good in pre-season, and he looked fairly good on Monday night when he was in there. Most of us fans are not happy that we didn't see fit to sign a change of pace RB to back up LJ... maybe they knew Fargas was going to shine this year. Even if he does, we have no depth at the position.

If the Oline sucks on Sunday as bad as they did on Monday night, it won't matter who is behind center. I really want to let Walter play but, I don't want to see his career ended before it begins either. I would rather see Brooks take the hits untill (if ever) the O line can somewhat get it's shit together. I can almost guarantee that Walter will be the starter before the end of the season... barring some sort of miracle renaissance of Brooks' play.

Tankus_Maximus
09-16-2006, 07:33 PM
I had high hopes for Lamont last year...but I guess he falls under the "Once a back-up, always a back-up" file.

silver & black
09-17-2006, 09:03 AM
I had high hopes for Lamont last year...but I guess he falls under the "Once a back-up, always a back-up" file.

Yea, I feel the same about him. He is a great back up that just can't seem to really make the transition to starter. Too bad... he has the size and strength for it but, he seems to lack the tangibles that need to go with it.

In his defense... he has no line to run behind or a true FB to block for him, and he still had over 1000 yds. last year. Having said that, I'm still not very impressed with him.

Tankus_Maximus
09-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Part of the reason I liked LJ so much, was that he reminded me of Bettis in size & stature.

I agree with your assessment of the o-line though, if you've got a swiss-cheese o-line, you're stuck in the mud. Case in point: The 2003 Steelers, an injured Kendall Simmons & Marvel Smith ravaged the line, by the end of the year they were starting Alan Faneca at left tackle. Ah well..that season got them a high draft pick that ended up with Roethlisberger. Brady Quinn a Raider?

silver & black
09-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Part of the reason I liked LJ so much, was that he reminded me of Bettis in size & stature.

I agree with your assessment of the o-line though, if you've got a swiss-cheese o-line, you're stuck in the mud. Case in point: The 2003 Steelers, an injured Kendall Simmons & Marvel Smith ravaged the line, by the end of the year they were starting Alan Faneca at left tackle. Ah well..that season got them a high draft pick that ended up with Roethlisberger. Brady Quinn a Raider?

Brady Quinn a Raider? I hope not! That means we finished in the cellar:dang: . That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see Quinn in silver and black:bouncy: .

I like Troy Smith from Ohio State too. I know he doesn't get much attention from the media or anyone else but, I like what I see in him. I think he is a winner. He has that... "something" that all winners have, whatever that is.

Tankus_Maximus
09-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Check this out:

I remember during last year's offseason, there's a local radio show here, and one of the hosts had the scoop on the Randy Moss trade before anyone-anywhere had it, I'm talking like weeks before it happened. During THIS year's offseason, on the same show, the same host said that the Raiders were close to getting Daunte Culpepper (obviously before the Miami deal). I think DC & Moss would've had a significant impact on the Black Hole.

I hate Al Davis & The Raiders (for leaving), but I gotta admit:...Darth Raider's kinda cool.