PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey Leads In Pro Bowl Votes

VictoryFormation
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey finished number one among AFC centers in Pro Bowl votes from the fans, with 217,326 votes. With over two 200,000 votes, It is safe to say that the majority of NFL fans consider Maurkice Pouncey to be the top center in the AFC. Green Bay Packers center, Jeff Saturday, won the fan vote as the top center in the NFC.
NFL Pro Bowl votes are cast by three different groups, the fans, the coaches, and the players. The votes from each group count, equally, as one-third. The Pro Bowl rosters will be announced on the 26th. The Pro Bowl is a game that most fans don't pay much attention to, but it is good to have the top vote-getter, among centers in the AFC playing for the Steelers.

On another note, It is sad that Heath Miller, out with a serious ACL, MCL knee injury will, of course, miss the Pro Bowl.

rgj
12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Pouncey has NO BUSINESS playing in the "Pro" Bowl. He's not as good as his press, he needs to work on strengthening his weak ankles.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Pouncey has NO BUSINESS playing in the "Pro" Bowl. He's not as good as his press, he needs to work on strengthening his weak ankles.

I'll agree that a guy that is often injured and replaced by Doug Legursky should not lead the pro bowl in voting, but its Steeler fans stuffing the ballot box.

Cyphon
12-24-2012, 02:32 PM
I think Pouncey is getting in on hype and reputation. I don't really follow centers so he may deserve a spot without me knowing but I am a bit surprised he is a leading vote getter.

steeltheone
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I think Pouncey is getting in on hype and reputation. I don't really follow centers so he may deserve a spot without me knowing but I am a bit surprised he is a leading vote getter. No Steelers OL should even be on the Pro Bowl Ballot!

lloydwoodson
12-24-2012, 03:35 PM
If everyone could stop crying for a minute... thanks. Pouncey is a great player who routinely makes good blocks on the next level often many yards downfield. It is amazing how often you will see Pouncey 20 yards downfield on a long run or screen play. I have nothing but admiration for the tenacity Pouncey shows when he plays.

steeltheone
12-24-2012, 05:05 PM
If everyone could stop crying for a minute... thanks. Pouncey is a great player who routinely makes good blocks on the next level often many yards downfield. It is amazing how often you will see Pouncey 20 yards downfield on a long run or screen play. I have nothing but admiration for the tenacity Pouncey shows when he plays. Oh nooo, another poster used the word " Great " before a Steeler player....I have seen the word " Great " used in these forums to describe Wallace. Bryant, Sanders, Dwyer, Mendy, Starks, Keisel, Woodley,Clark and probably a few i have forgotten.

A " Great Player " is something many players set out to achieve and very few do. Great Players are the Mel Blounts, Hines Wards, Joe Greenes, Darmonti Dawsons just to name a few.

Pouncey is good, but far from " Great "

WVABE
12-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Yup, an injury prone just above average center.

One day I hope he is right there with Webster & Dawson.

steeltheone
12-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Yup, an injury prone just above average center.

One day I hope he is right there with Webster & Dawson. I hope so too! and he may very well be, at the end of his career.

lipps83
12-24-2012, 08:36 PM
This is what, his 3rd year? He has room to grow and I highly doubt he has hit his peak.

steeltheone
12-24-2012, 09:01 PM
This is what, his 3rd year? He has room to grow and I highly doubt he has hit his peak.

Which is why this thread started, he is not there yet. Sorta a gift.

uclkyle
12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
If everyone could stop crying for a minute... thanks. Pouncey is a great player who routinely makes good blocks on the next level often many yards downfield. It is amazing how often you will see Pouncey 20 yards downfield on a long run or screen play. I have nothing but admiration for the tenacity Pouncey shows when he plays.

Are these Steelers games you are watching? I can't remember the last time a screen or long run even happened in a Steelers game, except when we were on defense. Just to put this whole thing in perspective, Pouncey leads the AFC in center voting and Jeff Saturday in the NFC. Saturday was just benched......shows how much that means. Legs isn't any worse at center.

sloppyjoe
12-25-2012, 09:17 PM
just another example of why the probowl is a joke

FrancoLambert
12-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh nooo, another poster used the word " Great " before a Steeler player....I have seen the word " Great " used in these forums to describe Wallace. Bryant, Sanders, Dwyer, Mendy, Starks, Keisel, Woodley,Clark and probably a few i have forgotten.

A " Great Player " is something many players set out to achieve and very few do. Great Players are the Mel Blounts, Hines Wards, Joe Greenes, Darmonti Dawsons just to name a few.

I'm with you big time on this.
The adjective "great" is so overused nowadays it doesn' t mean much.
Plus, if we have so many great players why are we eliminated from the playoffs?

TRH
12-26-2012, 12:03 AM

I agree on this one. Normally i'm the first one to call for a Steeler to be recognized as the best at our position, but i'm not buying.
Constantly injured and got mowed down dozens and dozens of times this year and he's also not even as good as his brother.
I think he's "good", even a better grade than "good" but i certainly don't see what we've seen from some of the great centers around the NFL over the past decade who were/are light years better.

Steeldude
12-26-2012, 02:59 AM
Ah, the worthless and meaningless Pro Bowl. They need to get rid of it.

rgj
12-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Ah, the worthless and meaningless Pro Bowl. They need to get rid of it.

Now THAT I agree with.

austinfrench76
12-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Pouncey's a stud. Still developing. I agree he is not "great" but who is better in the AFC? I think he's a top 3 center reagrdless so the Pro Bowl is warranted.

steeltheone
12-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Pouncey's a stud. Still developing. I agree he is not "great" but who is better in the AFC? I think he's a top 3 center reagrdless so the Pro Bowl is warranted. Chris Myers Houston, Nick Mangold, Alex Mack Cleve

lloydwoodson
12-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh nooo, another poster used the word " Great " before a Steeler player....I have seen the word " Great " used in these forums to describe Wallace. Bryant, Sanders, Dwyer, Mendy, Starks, Keisel, Woodley,Clark and probably a few i have forgotten.

Oh nooo another ***** that can't stop crying. Maurkice Pouncey is one of the best interior linemen in the league and he is only going to get better. You can cry about it all the way to his HoF induction.

Dawson took 4 years to get to a Probowl. Pouncey has already been to 2.

Pouncey is a future HoF. Cry about someone else.

steeltheone
12-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh nooo another ***** that can't stop crying. Maurkice Pouncey is one of the best interior linemen in the league and he is only going to get better. You can cry about it all the way to his HoF induction.

Dawson took 4 years to get to a Probowl. Pouncey has already been to 2.

Pouncey is a future HoF. Cry about someone else.

Oh Shit...you are right, ( 4 years ) thats crazy...:banging:It's clear to me now that Pouncey is much better than Dawson ever was.

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Oh Shit...you are right, ( 4 years ) thats crazy...:banging:It's clear to me now that Pouncey is much better than Dawson ever was.

I never compared the 2 centers. Pouncey has 3 Pro Bowl appearances and he is 23 years old. Pouncey is ahead further in his development than Dawson was and there is no denying that.

I am surprised at how many bandwagon fans there are. It seems like most of you are upset that any Steeler made it to the Probowl.

Shameful.

steeltheone
12-27-2012, 01:22 PM
I never compared the 2 centers. Pouncey has 3 Pro Bowl appearances and he is 23 years old. Pouncey is ahead further in his development than Dawson was and there is no denying that.

I am surprised at how many bandwagon fans there are. It seems like most of you are upset that any Steeler made it to the Probowl.

Shameful.Who made you the " official judge" of true Steeler fans ? This post was started because Pouncey ( which is a good player ) does not deserve the Pro Bowl.

I have been a Steeler fan for years and years. i am very happy to see deserving players like Heath get his awards, but i also call them as i see them when a player gets voted unjustly.

You would make a very good Penn State Fan. The " Cult " as we like to call them.

TRH
12-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Shameful.

"bandwagon" fans would actually call for every Steeler to be voted in and to defend players who shouldn't be there.
By saying someone "shouldn't be there" has nothing to do with "bandwagon".

Also, just because he has 3 appearances doesn't mean he's further ahead in his development.
Pouncey got burned so many times this season i started calling him "Toast" Pouncey at home.

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Wahhhh! My team lost so now every player on it (except the qb who is the only reason we have ever won anything) is complete garbage! Wahh!

Chris Myers made the Probowl at center too.

Roethlisberger should have made it in over Schaub.

Timmons should have made it in over D Johnson.

Why don't you pussies cry over that instead of complaining over one of the most minor injustices in the Probowl voting?