Trade Ben to Buffalo for 2 first round picks

It's a win-win for both teams

He's done

JVip
12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Who is going to be our qb? Lefty or Batch? LOLLOLLOL

Blacksburg Zach
12-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Cool story. Now tell me, which quarterback is worth drafting this upcoming April?

Hawaii 5-0
12-25-2012, 12:28 AM

He's done

hope you didn't pull a brain muscle thinking of that...:doh:

Darkstorm05
12-25-2012, 12:32 AM

He's done

Ok, I have to know...if he's "Done", how are we to get this 1st round pick for him? Does that apply to any player who is "Done"? If so, we could load up a bunch of guys while we're at it and just buy the entire 1st round draft class.

VictoryFormation
12-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Sometimes, I get upset with some of the decisions that the Steeler's coaches, and front office make, but it's posts like this one that allow me to rejoice in the fact that the fans don't run the team.

TheVet
12-25-2012, 01:28 AM

He's done

Uhhh, Ben is a great QB.

Uhhh, it would be Tomlin making the picks.

MACH1
12-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Trade for Tebow. :rolleyes:

Millers the sh!t
12-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Until Trade Ben to Buffalo for 2 first round picks

He's done

If buffalo did actually offer us two first round picks for Ben I'd take it. Then I'd trade those picks and possibly our round one or two draft position 14-20 pick away for more picks in the 2014 draft. Purposely bomb the 2013 season with whatever flunky qb we used and make out like a bandit in the following 2014 draft. Or until a true top QB is available in the draft.

If Ben did play for the Bills then maybe the combination of him and their solid running game could finally give the pats a tad bit of competition in that pathetic division.

WVABE
12-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Ben still has a few good years left in him.
No doubt in my mind he'll lead us back to another SB.

He might play shitty but he'll get us there.

SteelersCanada
12-25-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't have anything nice to say about this post, so I'll just say Merry Christmas to you guys.

SteelerJay
12-25-2012, 07:15 AM
In the NFL"s world of gambling one can become very suspicious of deliberate game giveaways...

Millers the sh!t
12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
I don't have anything nice to say about this post, so I'll just say Merry Christmas to you guys.

Jehovas witness brah.....

Millers the sh!t
12-25-2012, 07:24 AM
In the NFL"s world of gambling one can become very suspicious of deliberate game giveaways...

Like the colts last year? Lol...... Also teams blow games on purpose to get favored matchup in the playoffs and or to not show their hands if they feel they will play them again in the playoffs.

SteelersCanada
12-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Jehovas witness brah.....

Have you heard the good news?

Millers the sh!t
12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Lol..... No what's the good news?

ETL
12-25-2012, 07:50 AM
No one worth drafting

Maybe a trade to get Cousins or Flynn or Alex Smith but I think we are taking a big step down with any of those guys.

teegre
12-25-2012, 08:03 AM
The ONLY trade that I'd EVER even consider is BB for Luck... because, Luck is nine years younger than BB.

Even then... I'd have to really think it over.

ETL
12-25-2012, 08:05 AM
The ONLY trade that I'd EVER even consider is BB for Luck... because, Luck is nine years younger than BB.

No way Colts do that trade.

Ricco Suavez
12-25-2012, 09:41 AM
When I read a post like this, it makes me understand why the world is so F'd up.

desertsteel
12-25-2012, 09:49 AM
While he didn't play like a top 5 QB this year, it is still almost impossible to replace a top 10 QB.

casteeler
12-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Merry Christams:cheers:

Ricco Suavez
12-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey we might be able to draft someone like Brady, Brady Quinn that is. Or even a Flacco heard he put up great numbers this year, if you factor in all the PIs that were called. Maybe even someone like Vince Young or JaMarcus Russell. Every QB taken in the first round is not going to be a Luck or a RGIII, or even a Russell Wilson. Besides one year does not make a career, I admit that Luck appears top be the real deal, not so sure about RGII, reminds of the success Cam had last year. It remains to be seen if the defenses will have an answer to him next year. Oh, BTW Vick will likely be available. Hallelujah we are saved!

Steel95
12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Uhhh, Ben is a great QB.

Uhhh, it would be Tomlin making the picks.

No, he is a good QB that plays great Sand Lot Football in the NFL. And I will admit, his way of playing the game seemed to work for years, but his game has gotten old. Big Ben is part of the problem people. Granted, he is not just the problem though. I'm going to say here is the problem with this team:

25% - Poor Drafting in the Middle Rounds by Kevin Colbert.
25% - Horrible Coaching Decisions this year by the Head Coach; Horrible Coaching this year period; Players were too undisciplined, just horrendous.
25% - Poor O/L Play and Coaching
25% - Poor play by the QB. Number 7 wants to do things his way and his way only, the guy is selfish; His head is bigger than that stadium.

Number 7 isn't the problem, but he is part of the problem.

SteelersCanada
12-25-2012, 10:53 AM
It's amazing how one bad season turns everyone on their head coach and franchise quarterback. This is so ridiculous it's almost laughable. We're all freaking out after one bad season and calling for heads and we wonder why every other fanbase hates us? This is why. There are about 30 other teams that would love to have Ben and Tomlin as their qb/coach duo but instead of acknowledging what we have and counting our blessings, we're bitching about them.

Unreal guys. Un-freakin'-real.

Fire Arians
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
trollololololol

zcoop
12-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Ok, I have to know...if he's "Done", how are we to get this 1st round pick for him? Does that apply to any player who is "Done"? If so, we could load up a bunch of guys while we're at it and just buy the entire 1st round draft class.

You know some of these folks don't think before they type, :noidea:

Millers the sh!t
12-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Ge oreIt's amazing how one bad season turns everyone on their head coach and franchise quarterback. This is so ridiculous it's almost laughable. We're all freaking out after one bad season and calling for heads and we wonder why every other fanbase hates us? This is why. There are about 30 other teams that would love to have Ben and Tomlin as their qb/coach duo but instead of acknowledging what we have and counting our blessings, we're bitching about them.

It ain't one bad season. It's perennial mistakes by the coaching staff and key players that have yet to be corrected and cost us games that should easily be won by us. This is just the worst season yet that all of these rookie mistakes made by a 6th year coach and a veteran QB that really put some aware fans over the top. The reason why we are so passionate and disgusted by this season because the observations we have made three to four years ago, and the predictions we have made about where the team would be and where it would be headed if no changes were made are coming true. We noticed flaws with Tomlin and Ben and when we stated that the team would be mediocre at best in a few years, we have the blind fans, and the fans that refuse to admit anything negative about our team coming at us with torches and pitchforks.

Well here we are a few seasons later, and season after seAson we are getting uglier and more desperate for a victory as people like myself have thought and you fanboys are still in denial.....

30 other teams would not love to have Tomlin and BB as their coach and QB. WE finished middle of the pack in the league. So that automatically eliminates 16 teams that did better than our coach and qb. Now you can take away 4 scrub teams that don't even have 3 wins this season that STILL beat our HC & QB duo that you think is so deadly potent. Honestly there is probably 7 teams in the NFL THAT WOULD WANT OUR TANDEM. The rest know the truth, that Tomlin is still wet behind his ears and Ben is a selfish lazy egomaniac who's is damaged goods and when was giving the opportunity to become a better player under Haley, he gave up after 5 weeks cause he's lazy and that was the easy thing to do, even though he was having one of his most productive and efficient seAsons of his career.

zcoop
12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Ge ore

It ain't one bad season. It's perennial mistakes by the coaching staff and key players that have yet to be corrected and cost us games that should easily be won by us. This is just the worst season yet that all of these rookie mistakes made by a 6th year coach and a veteran QB that really put some aware fans over the top. The reason why we are so passionate and disgusted by this season because the observations we have made three to four years ago, and the predictions we have made about where the team would be and where it would be headed if no changes were made are coming true. We noticed flaws with Tomlin and Ben and when we stated that the team would be mediocre at best in a few years, we have the blind fans, and the fans that refuse to admit anything negative about our team coming at us with torches and pitchforks.

Well here we are a few seasons later, and season after seAson we are getting uglier and more desperate for a victory as people like myself have thought and you fanboys are still in denial.....

30 other teams would not love to have Tomlin and BB as their coach and QB. WE finished middle of the pack in the league. So that automatically eliminates 16 teams that did better than our coach and qb. Now you can take away 4 scrub teams that don't even have 3 wins this season that STILL beat our HC & QB duo that you think is so deadly potent. Honestly there is probably 7 teams in the NFL THAT WOULD WANT OUR TANDEM. The rest know the truth, that Tomlin is still wet behind his ears and Ben is a selfish lazy egomaniac who's is damaged goods and when was giving the opportunity to become a better player under Haley, he gave up after 5 weeks cause he's lazy and that was the easy thing to do, even though he was having one of his most productive and efficient seAsons of his career.

What planet are you from man? We were in the SB in 2010 and finished 12 - 4 last year yet you post that bullshit above? C'mon man, tell us why you really hate Tomlin because :banging:your logic don't add up.

uclkyle
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM

He's done

ATTENTION.....please stay away from and do not feed the troll Raven fan.

Blackout
12-25-2012, 04:50 PM

He's done

I think the Jacksonville Jaguars are looking for a replacement GM. You'd be the perfect fit.

BKAnthem
12-25-2012, 05:01 PM

He's done

:rofl:

harrison'samonster
12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
No, he is a good QB that plays great Sand Lot Football in the NFL. And I will admit, his way of playing the game seemed to work for years, but his game has gotten old. Big Ben is part of the problem people. Granted, he is not just the problem though. I'm going to say here is the problem with this team:

25% - Poor Drafting in the Middle Rounds by Kevin Colbert.
25% - Horrible Coaching Decisions this year by the Head Coach; Horrible Coaching this year period; Players were too undisciplined, just horrendous.
25% - Poor O/L Play and Coaching
25% - Poor play by the QB. Number 7 wants to do things his way and his way only, the guy is selfish; His head is bigger than that stadium.

Number 7 isn't the problem, but he is part of the problem.

You make some really good points, but I definitely disagree about Big Ben. I don't see him as part of the problem. He's had some bad games recently, but he was playing great before he got injured.

austinfrench76
12-25-2012, 06:01 PM
This dude didn't want us to trade Ben. He wanted to create a dumb ass thread that got a reaction. Well, merry Christmas asshole- you win!!!! 4 pages later people are actually responding to this dumb shit. Doesn't our season ending hurt enough without people doing stuff like this?! Go away.

Danny136200
12-25-2012, 06:15 PM

He's done

Too much eggnog huh?

Raoul Duke
12-25-2012, 06:26 PM
As the new self-proclaimed GM of Steelers Fever, I'm proud to announce my first move is to cut SteelerJay from the team.

Millers the sh!t
12-25-2012, 07:00 PM
What planet are you from man? We were in the SB in 2010 and finished 12 - 4 last year yet you post that bullshit above? C'mon man, tell us why you really hate Tomlin because :banging:your logic don't add up.

Yep, Let's just wait and see partner. That's where we'll end the convo.

Merry Christmas

TRH
12-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Ben throws two interceptions - and also has less than most starting QB's in the league (including the "elites"). And he's "done" ?

LOL.

FrancoLambert
12-25-2012, 11:09 PM

I'd think it over for about 30 seconds and gladly pull the trigger on this trade.
Never happen.

LayingTheWoodley56
12-26-2012, 02:28 PM
This is the most idiotic shit I've ever read on this or any board. Ben is a top-6 quarterback in the league and he had an outstanding season, save for 3 bad interceptions that ultimately, admittedly, submarined our season. To say we should trade him under any circumstance is something so stupid that I hardly believe that the OP is serious.

Gnutella
12-26-2012, 04:25 PM
hope you didn't pull a brain muscle thinking of that...:doh:

You can't pull what doesn't exist.

SteelersCanada
12-27-2012, 12:19 AM
The only guy I'd consider trading Ben for would be Newton, and it'd have to be a multi-player deal and not a one-for-one. I'd go into how underrated Cam is and how, with all the talent (or lack thereof) surrounding him made his accomplishments even more impressive, but I don't have to. If you can't recognize that what he did last year is more impressive than what Luck is doing right now due to the lack of a supporting cast on either side of the ball (and ST, being completely honest) then I don't know what to tell you.

I'd consider something like ...

To Panthers:

Ben Roethlisberger
Mike Wallace
Keenan Lewis

To Steelers:

Cam Newton
Chris Gamble
Jon Beason

Talk about the start of a dynasty.

BowCatShot
12-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Cool story. Now tell me, which quarterback is worth drafting this upcoming April?

Calling Mr. Johnson. Oh Jerrod, where are you?

As far as 2 first round draft picks go, you could give this current bunch of Steeler leadership morons 50 first round draft picks and they'd blow them all.

uclkyle
12-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Until

If buffalo did actually offer us two first round picks for Ben I'd take it. Then I'd trade those picks and possibly our round one or two draft position 14-20 pick away for more picks in the 2014 draft. Purposely bomb the 2013 season with whatever flunky qb we used and make out like a bandit in the following 2014 draft. Or until a true top QB is available in the draft.

If Ben did play for the Bills then maybe the combination of him and their solid running game could finally give the pats a tad bit of competition in that pathetic division.

I'm certain you are kidding???? If not, you are an idiot. I hate to be insulting, but it's just true.

uclkyle
12-27-2012, 09:54 AM
It's amazing how one bad season turns everyone on their head coach and franchise quarterback. This is so ridiculous it's almost laughable. We're all freaking out after one bad season and calling for heads and we wonder why every other fanbase hates us? This is why. There are about 30 other teams that would love to have Ben and Tomlin as their qb/coach duo but instead of acknowledging what we have and counting our blessings, we're bitching about them.

The really funny part is, he didn't even have a bad season. Threw some bad picks in a few games. If you remember, ESPN had him listed in the top 5 for the LEAGUE MVP watch until like week 13. UNREAL!!!!

steelfury02
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
The only guy I'd consider trading Ben for would be Newton, and it'd have to be a multi-player deal and not a one-for-one. I'd go into how underrated Cam is and how, with all the talent (or lack thereof) surrounding him made his accomplishments even more impressive, but I don't have to. If you can't recognize that what he did last year is more impressive than what Luck is doing right now due to the lack of a supporting cast on either side of the ball (and ST, being completely honest) then I don't know what to tell you.

I'd consider something like ...

To Panthers:

Ben Roethlisberger
Mike Wallace
Keenan Lewis

To Steelers:

Cam Newton
Chris Gamble
Jon Beason

Talk about the start of a dynasty.

Go watch a Cam Newton Press conference. I've been hating on Ben, but that guy would be more hated here than Kordell. UGH. At least Kordell ate his humble pie.

SteelersCanada
12-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Go watch a Cam Newton Press conference. I've been hating on Ben, but that guy would be more hated here than Kordell. UGH. At least Kordell ate his humble pie.

You're right - early on this year he was a sulking, babbling little baby after losses. Now that he has grown up and taken responsibility, his attitude has completely changed. He's not much different than Ben was early on in his career and under our coaching staff, he would excel. Imagine Cam behind our offensive line with guys like Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert and Adams. Then, throw in the talent we have at WR with a possible draft pick (Woods, Rogers) and this offense becomes a top 5 unit. We wouldn't even need a legitimate running back as they'd have to respect the read-option that Cam would bring.

Alright, granted, I could probably run Cam's fan club, but he's the most underrated player in the NFL right now. He doesn't have any help on offense and he's still making plays happen and winning games. He put the Panthers on his back and beat the Falcons - almost twice. He makes a lot of young guy errors, but he'll grow and improve. I'm tellin' ya, we bring Cam here and we win a title within two years.

Hawaii 5-0
12-27-2012, 11:47 AM
You can't pull what doesn't exist.

good point! :drink:

LVSteelersfan
12-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Cam Newton??? Seriously. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!! And we will get Michael Vick as his backup. Ben is who he is. You have to take the good with the bad. I honestly don't think he was totally healed from the double injury he had. Plus he started the season with a shoulder problem. Couldn't get any zip on the ball. Losing Ike was the real reason we didn't make the playoffs. Plus Lebeau's insistence on playing his DBs 10 yards off the LOS.

SteelersCanada
12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd love to hear why Cam Newton is such a joke, considering the fact that he's had the highest quarterback rating since November 18th, throwing 12 TDs to 2 INTs with 16 total touchdowns. He's doing it without any help on offense and Steve Smith isn't who he used to be.

But, no, don't let facts get in your way of judging him - that would be ridiculous.

steeltheone
12-27-2012, 01:29 PM
I'd love to hear why Cam Newton is such a joke, considering the fact that he's had the highest quarterback rating since November 18th, throwing 12 TDs to 2 INTs with 16 total touchdowns. He's doing it without any help on offense and Steve Smith isn't who he used to be.

But, no, don't let facts get in your way of judging him - that would be ridiculous.

Cam like Vick like RG3 have never won anything and probably never will. I must say, i like watching them too!

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Geno!!! But seriously folks... Alex Smith going to stay with the Niners next year?

SteelersCanada
12-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Cam like Vick like RG3 have never won anything and probably never will. I must say, i like watching them too!

Cam is already a better quarterback than Vick was in his prime, and he's played 31 games.

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 01:43 PM

Yeah RG3 will never win anything. He is on his way to the playoffs despite playing the toughest schedule in the NFL, and his team having an 18M cap penalty while running the 4th best scoring offense in the NFL and having a qb rating over 100 in his rookie year.

You could probably get a job on First Take.

Millers the sh!t
12-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm certain you are kidding???? If not, you are an idiot. I hate to be insulting, but it's just true.

Not kidding at all... It's actually a great idea. What's so bad about it in your eyes?

Getting a number of first round picks then trading them for more picks in the upcoming years for a qb that's damaged goods and is headed towards the end of his career? Guarantee that if a team did offer 2 first round picks for Ben, management would take the deal. It would be a GREAT opportunity to rebuild our team in multiple positions for years to come. Weather it be age, terrible coaching or a combination of both.... This team is not a Serious contender, so we may as well get the future handed to us for a aging half broken qb.

Let's hear your argument......

kent
12-27-2012, 08:26 PM

He's done

Fans like you make my head hurt. I got excited when I saw the title of this thread and then extremely disappointed to read such nonsense. You must be young or just not very knowledgeable about the game of football.

Ricco Suavez
12-27-2012, 08:39 PM

Cam is not a joke, but other than his age you gain no advantage with him over Ben in fact you lose. Example Cam is so far a 59.2 percent passer while Ben is a career 63.1 Cam QBR of 86.2 and Ben career of 92.5, Ben throws a TD on 5% of his total passes while Cam 4.1% and they both throw INTs at a rate of 2.9%. Cam has had only 1 NFL 4th quarter comeback while Ben has 20 And Ben had 7 in his first 2 seasons. Cam is a good QB but I think you along with others are reading too much into this last season as the decline of Ben.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2012, 10:05 PM
2 1st's would be tempting for anyone to at least consider. Just from a logical standpint, and Matt Barkely better be the pick if not its not worth any risk as they will never sign a free agent QB that is worth anything.

Back to reality, I would not ever trade Ben. Im not too sure the Rooneys would think that, imo they would trade him if they got a high offer for him as they hold a grudge from the past. However The Bills have way more issues than just at QB and no way they would toss 2 1's for Ben.

VaDave
12-28-2012, 08:54 AM
yikes...

steeltheone
12-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah RG3 will never win anything. He is on his way to the playoffs despite playing the toughest schedule in the NFL, and his team having an 18M cap penalty while running the 4th best scoring offense in the NFL and having a qb rating over 100 in his rookie year.

You could probably get a job on First Take.

All that is exciting, awesome and amazing to watch....I have to see the championships before i can subscribe to that style of football.

TheVet
12-29-2012, 01:53 AM

You're right about Ben, but I'm not so sure that all those other teams would be jumping at the chance to have Tomlin. He seems like a fairly mediocre coach to me, and he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes - they're the same year after year.

SteelCurtainCall
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm very unhappy about the way our entire team played this year; as a whole; but you say "only 5 to 7 teams would want the combo of BB/Tomlin"? There are only 3 teams that have went to the SB TWICE in the past few years; The steelers, the giants, and the patriots. There are teams that had great records that lost before they made it to the SB. The Pats went twice, and lost twice. They were undefeated going into the SB one year. It makes no difference how many games you win, if you don't get the big one. Brady has lost twice in a row; should NE send him and Bill packing?

Teams fight hard every year for one goal, and one goal only; to win the SB. Many GREAT players never even made it to the show, but BB has helped get our team there 3 times, and won 2 on them. As I said; I too am a spoiled steeler fan, who wants at least a 12 win season every year; but it just doesn't happen sometimes. We've got work to do; Serious work!! But I too, think Ben and the boys will get us back to the SB, and win it. Maybe this is what our team needed to shake them up. I hope so.

I wonder how Bills fans must have felt; they had some great teams, that just seemed to come apart in the SB games, but the fans stayed true to them, and I'm not denying that we need some changes, but I'll still take Ben as a QB that can lead a SB winning squad. He just has to revert back to some of his earlier ways.:tt:

OakmontMan
12-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Hope he doesn't revert back to all his old ways.

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Hope he doesn't revert back to all his old ways.

You mean like the years we went to the Superbowl. God I miss those days of Ben and Arians.:rofl:

SteelCurtainCall
12-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes! I do mean his old ways; the ways in which he played a structured game at QB, but broke the pocket when protection broke down, and he gave the opposing D's fits. If he will again combine those two attributes; he'll be a terror again. So you may not want him to revert back to his "old" ways, but those "old" ways helped bring the Lombardi back to Pittburgh twice more.

Granted; for some reason Ben doesn't play his best in the SB, but he dang sure was, and will be, instrumental in getting us there. We praise these new rookie QB's this year, and rightfully so; they've had a stellar year; but it remains to be seen what follows. RGIII can't keep taking the hits he's taken this year, and Luck will not always come thru with those last minute victories game after game.

You take away just the 3 last minute victories the colts had, and they're right there with us. You win just 2 or 3 of those 3 point losses for us, and we're in, and someone else is out. I'll take Ben Rothlisburger any day of the week. He and all the other team members, and coaches just have to get back to the basics again. Ben WILL provide more winning moments for this franchise. You can count on it.

Stillers2012
12-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Whoever started this thread or agrees with this isn't a true Steeler fan but is truly an idiot.