PDA

View Full Version : 2013 starting line-up

uclkyle
12-25-2012, 04:39 PM
This is my best guess at the 2013 opening day starting line-up (not counting injuries)...

QB - Big Ben
RB - Mendenhall (yes, I think he actually comes back for cheap and is motivated)
FB - David Johnson
WR - A. Brown
WR - E. Sanders
TE- Heath
C-Pouncey
G- DeCastro
G- Colon
T- M. Adams
T- Gilbert

NT- McClendon (I think they move on from Hampton)
DE- Hood
DE- Keisel (maybe Heyward, but doubtful)
OLB- Worilds (Harrison is gone)
OLB- Woodley
ILB- S. Spence (Foote gone)
ILB- Timmons
CB- Lewis
CB- Taylor (I WISH they move on from this bum, but they won't)
S- Clark
S- Troy (one or two more years)

WVABE
12-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Yea that's about right BUT half of them will be injured just from doing some stretches and will miss a month or so.
This team right now will never be on the field at the same time, don't tell no one, but they are soft.

SteelersCanada
12-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Offense

QB - Ben
HB - Knile Davis (R) - Arkansas / Le'Veon Bell (R) - Michigan State
FB - Will Johnson
WR - Manny Sanders
WR - AB
WR - Robert Woods (R) - USC
TE - Paulson / Heath as a torn ACL - that's 12 months, usually.
LT - Starks
LG - Foster
C - Pouncey
RG - DeCastro
RT - Adams

Defense

ROLB - Dion Jordan (R) - Oregon
DE - Heyward
NT - McLendon
DE - Hood / with the possibility of Alameda Ta'amu or McLendon if they beat out Ziggy for this spot.
LOLB - Woodley
ILB - Nico Johnson (R) - 'Bama
ILB - Timmons
CB - Swaaaaaaginnn U
CB - Lewis
FS - Clark
SS - Troy (as much as I don't like it)

My dream defensive line would look something like:

Jordan (ROLB) - Heyward (RDE) - Ta'amu (NT) - McLendon (LDE) - Woodley (LOLB)

austinfrench76
12-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't think Taylor is a bum and absolutely no way are they starting a rookie let alone 2 at ROLB or ILB. Other than that, sounds pretty accurate. Hope Heath is ready by September!

FrancoLambert
12-26-2012, 12:20 AM
David Johnson.......NO!
Will Johnson did an admirable job this year for a rookie.
Hits hard, doesn't whiff on blocks as much and has better hands.

sloppyjoe
12-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Offense

QB - Ben
HB - Knile Davis (R) - Arkansas / Le'Veon Bell (R) - Michigan State
FB - Will Johnson
WR - Manny Sanders
WR - AB
WR - Robert Woods (R) - USC
TE - Paulson / Heath as a torn ACL - that's 12 months, usually.
LT - Starks
LG - Foster
C - Pouncey
RG - DeCastro
RT - Adams

Defense

ROLB - Dion Jordan (R) - Oregon
DE - Heyward
NT - McLendon
DE - Hood / with the possibility of Alameda Ta'amu or McLendon if they beat out Ziggy for this spot.
LOLB - Woodley
ILB - Nico Johnson (R) - 'Bama
ILB - Timmons
CB - Swaaaaaaginnn U
CB - Lewis
FS - Clark
SS - Troy (as much as I don't like it)

My dream defensive line would look something like:

Jordan (ROLB) - Heyward (RDE) - Ta'amu (NT) - McLendon (LDE) - Woodley (LOLB)

rookies arent allowed to play

Justp94
12-26-2012, 10:47 PM
This is my best guess at the 2013 opening day starting line-up (not counting injuries)...

QB - Big Ben
RB - Mendenhall (yes, I think he actually comes back for cheap and is motivated)
FB - David Johnson
WR - A. Brown
WR - E. Sanders
TE- Heath
C-Pouncey
G- DeCastro
G- Colon
T- M. Adams
T- Gilbert

NT- McClendon (I think they move on from Hampton)
DE- Hood
DE- Keisel (maybe Heyward, but doubtful)
OLB- Worilds (Harrison is gone)
OLB- Woodley
ILB- S. Spence (Foote gone)
ILB- Timmons
CB- Lewis
CB- Taylor (I WISH they move on from this bum, but they won't)
S- Clark
S- Troy (one or two more years)

I honestly believe the Steelers should sign Wallace to a one year deal to see how he adjusts to the playbook after one more year to learn it and to see if he can become an all around wide-receiver instead of just being a deep threat.

This is my Line-Up
QB - Big Ben
RB - Mendenhall
FB - David Johnson
WR - Wallace
WR - Brown
TE- Heath (If he's back from his injury on time)
C-Pouncey
G- DeCastro
G- 2nd Round Draft Pick or Foster (We should cut Colon, he never stays healthy & draft a 2nd round guard to learn from the experienced linemen and have him start if there's any injuries.)
T- Starks (he'll be back at least one more year)
T- Adams or Gilbert (They'll see who does better in preseason.)

NT- McClendon or Hood (I think they move on from Hampton)
DE- Hood or Heyward
DE- Keisel
OLB- Harrison (They'll give him a chance to get healthy over the offseason)
OLB- Woodley
ILB- Foote (If he doesn't retire)
ILB- Timmons
CB- Lewis
CB- Taylor (Our best Corner will be back)
S- Clark
S- Polamalu

The fact this idiot "uclkyle" called Taylor a bum is crazy, he's our best corner and you see exactly what happened to our secondary without him.

LVSteelersfan
12-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Hey OP. FYI The reason we didn't make the playoffs was because Ike got hurt. He started out poorly but was a monster in the middle part of the season. Our pass defense was awesome for at least half the season. As soon as Ike went out, our season went down the drain.

pittpete
12-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Don't think theres a chance in hell we resign Mendy on this team
DJ Johnson, I hope not, Will Johnson could actually run
Starks needs to be here next year
Lewis needs to be here also
Wallace can go play for Miami or STL
Colon will be starting again due to $$$ reasons I'm pretty sure
I think Fosters going due to him signing for more $$$
Unless Harrison is 95% healthy by next year its time to say goodbye
Hopefully Spence is recovered and can share time with Foote due to no other ILB's on this team worth a crap
Mundy can go also
Woodley needs to come in 20lbs lighter and in good shape

uclkyle
12-27-2012, 10:57 AM
I honestly believe the Steelers should sign Wallace to a one year deal to see how he adjusts to the playbook after one more year to learn it and to see if he can become an all around wide-receiver instead of just being a deep threat.

This is my Line-Up
QB - Big Ben
RB - Mendenhall
FB - David Johnson
WR - Wallace
WR - Brown
TE- Heath (If he's back from his injury on time)
C-Pouncey
G- DeCastro
G- 2nd Round Draft Pick or Foster (We should cut Colon, he never stays healthy & draft a 2nd round guard to learn from the experienced linemen and have him start if there's any injuries.)
T- Starks (he'll be back at least one more year)
T- Adams or Gilbert (They'll see who does better in preseason.)

NT- McClendon or Hood (I think they move on from Hampton)
DE- Hood or Heyward
DE- Keisel
OLB- Harrison (They'll give him a chance to get healthy over the offseason)
OLB- Woodley
ILB- Foote (If he doesn't retire)
ILB- Timmons
CB- Lewis
CB- Taylor (Our best Corner will be back)
S- Clark
S- Polamalu

The fact this idiot "uclkyle" called Taylor a bum is crazy, he's our best corner and you see exactly what happened to our secondary without him.

Ike Taylor is possibly the worst player in Steeler history.

tburhans
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Ike taylor is a great corner although he doesn't get picks he doesn't allow many plays his way. He had a rough stretch of getting penalties but he was pretty solid for us this year

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
12-27-2012, 02:31 PM

:doh:

lloydwoodson
12-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I have looked at Dion Jordan and if you watch him he constantly tries to play in space doing everything he can to go around blocks. I desperately hope he is not drafted by the Steelers. I do realize that with Harrison's decline and Woodley's playing like a little bitch- that OLB is a key area for the draft.

SteelersCanada
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
I have looked at Dion Jordan and if you watch him he constantly tries to play in space doing everything he can to go around blocks. I desperately hope he is not drafted by the Steelers. I do realize that with Harrison's decline and Woodley's playing like a little bitch- that OLB is a key area for the draft.

You're going to have to elaborate. I've seen him play every single game this year and he uses his speed and arms to get around blocks. He's fast enough to get around even the best tackles in the NFL and he's agile enough to keep up with and bring down mobile quarterbacks. He doesn't have the strength to push tackles backward and force them on the ground, but he's fast enough to make this a non-issue.

He's not as strong as Aldon Smith, but he's faster and has a higher upside.

stiller39
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
U can put Polamalu as the starter all you want but he'll not play for the entire season again... maybe not even a quarter of the season.... just saying

LayingTheWoodley56
12-27-2012, 03:22 PM

You're a fucking idiot. I'm so sick of this shit from uneducated fans on this board.

Ike has made a ton of big plays for this defense over the past near-decade (strip sack of Sanchez in the 2010 AFC title game, interception in Super Bowl XL, another pick in the 2008 AFC championship game) and he's been our best corner for most of that time, on some very good defenses. Super Bowl winning defenses, and there have been a lot of games where he has locked down an opponent's number one receiver.

Who do you suggest we get to replace him, by the way? And for all the people here who complain that we show a lack of emotion, Ike is always fired up, getting in people's faces and talking trash. In the game of football, playing with that mean streak is very valuable and no one ever commends him for it.

He will be back next year, or else our secondary could be in trouble with Curtis Brown as our nickel back.

In closing, please, for the sake of all of our brains, never post here again.

BIGNASTY91
12-27-2012, 04:18 PM
You're a fucking idiot. I'm so sick of this shit from uneducated fans on this board.

Ike has made a ton of big plays for this defense over the past near-decade (strip sack of Sanchez in the 2010 AFC title game, interception in Super Bowl XL, another pick in the 2008 AFC championship game) and he's been our best corner for most of that time, on some very good defenses. Super Bowl winning defenses, and there have been a lot of games where he has locked down an opponent's number one receiver.

Who do you suggest we get to replace him, by the way? And for all the people here who complain that we show a lack of emotion, Ike is always fired up, getting in people's faces and talking trash. In the game of football, playing with that mean streak is very valuable and no one ever commends him for it.

He will be back next year, or else our secondary could be in trouble with Curtis Brown as our nickel back.

:iagree: couldnt have said it better myself!! :drink: The OP is such a duechbag!!!!!

uclkyle
12-28-2012, 01:45 AM

Soooo, let me get this straight, you like Ike Taylor because he talks a lot of trash and shows emotion. Why not bring back Greg Lloyd or Joey Porter. They show emotion. Any you can point to a strip sack or a nice pass break up here or there, doesn't mean the dude can play. I can point to countless dropped INTs and mention the fact that he cost us a playoff game and at least two games this year. The guy is awful. End of story......you fucking idiot.

uclkyle
12-28-2012, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE=BIGNASTY91;1070676]:iagree: couldnt have said it better myself!! :drink: The OP is such a duechbag!!!!![/QUO

You fucking inbred hillbilly.....the correct spelling is douchebag. Nice try though. Now go back to your double wide and try reading a book. You know, books, you read right to left, top to bottom. What a fuckin zero.

kent
12-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Soooo, let me get this straight, you like Ike Taylor because he talks a lot of trash and shows emotion. Why not bring back Greg Lloyd or Joey Porter. They show emotion. Any you can point to a strip sack or a nice pass break up here or there, doesn't mean the dude can play. I can point to countless dropped INTs and mention the fact that he cost us a playoff game and at least two games this year. The guy is awful. End of story......you fucking idiot.

I think most Steelers fans would love to have porter or Lloyd on this team. You are fighting a losing battle on this one since you clearly are in the minority with your thoughts on Ike. He has been the best corner on defenses that have led the league in pass defense multiple times.

And just because other people don't agree with your opinions doesn't mean you have to cry about it and lash out. Discuss stuff with some integrity. Now go ahead and call me trailer trash and a fucking idiot too. :thumbsup:

OX1947
12-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Emotion is nice before and after games. However, after the HUTT HUTT, all that crap is out the window. Players need to play and make plays.

BIGNASTY91
12-28-2012, 06:34 AM
[QUOTE=BIGNASTY91;1070676]:iagree: couldnt have said it better myself!! :drink: The OP is such a duechbag!!!!![/QUO

You fucking inbred hillbilly.....the correct spelling is douchebag. Nice try though. Now go back to your double wide and try reading a book. You know, books, you read right to left, top to bottom. What a fuckin zero.

LMAO!!! I really don,t need to say anything else. The more you type, the more you prove what i said was right! :hatsoff:

VaDave
12-28-2012, 09:43 AM

Apparently you've never had the privalege of seeing Gene Mingo place kick, or Kent Nix thow a 10 yard out, or Jamaine Stephenson block ( actually, nobody ever saw Jamaine Stephenson block anybody, but that's another story), or Chad Scott or, Should I keep on going?