PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to lose????

FrancoLambert
12-26-2012, 11:04 AM
I know I'll be in the very small minority here, but I want to lose against the Browns.
What does a win do for us.....nothing!
A loss gets us a better draft position in each round and it adds up round after round.
We all agree that's how you improve a team for the long haul and that's our goal.
Please don't assault me....it pains me to say this, (gulp)......GO BROWNS!!!

StainlessStill
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Holy fucking SHIT. Fuck that dude. GO STEELERS!

SteelBlaze1
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
I would agree with you because the only thing we have to look forward to now is good draft picks. I won't cheer on the Browns, but I won't be disappointed if we lose.

nj1923steelgirl
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Go Steelers...end the season with a win damn it!

harrison'samonster
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't think you'll be in that small of a minority. I personally disagree though, draft picks aren't worth it to me.
We've got to beat the Browns.

Here we go Steelers!

SteelBobbleHead
12-26-2012, 11:18 AM
:tt04:May be short sighted on my part but I will never root for the Steelers to lose. HERE WE GO STEELERS!! :tt02:

lipps83
12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
If it wasn't the Browns I say go for it. Another loss to them would sting.

I agree though that playing for the future at this point might be a better option. It's better to have a slightly larger pool of talent to choose from.

steelbad@50
12-26-2012, 11:20 AM
For me beating the Browns would be like getting a consulation prize on a game show. Regardless losing to the Browns at home would suck big time, GO STEELERS!!!!

Stlrs4Life
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree. Beat the Clowns!

DoctorCAD
12-26-2012, 11:44 AM
I am completely indifferent to all things NFL right now, but root for the Browns???

NEVER

I'd rather crawl naked through blackberry bushes and fire ant mounds than lose to the Browns.

desertsteel
12-26-2012, 11:45 AM
It's all about goals. Super Bowl is out the window. At this point it's all about improvement for next year. A win can help us going into next year, but so can a higher draft pick. I won't root for us to lose but I won't be disappointed because I know that we don't have many opportunities at high draft picks so it's something to look forward to.

plenewken
12-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I cannot hope the Steelers lose, but I really don't care what happens Sunday.
Getting a W against the Browns to finish 8-8 is not going to change the fact that this season has been a disaster.

I've seen enough mediocre games full of mistakes, stupid penalties, moronic play calls, idiotic celebrations and asinine comments from the coaching staff, so the sooner this joke ends, the better.

Bring the Penguins!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Start Batch, dont risk any long term injury of already injured starters like Keenan Lewis, Pouncey, etc and if we lose, then a 7-9 sucking season and better draft position is OK with me.

harrison'samonster
12-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Start Batch, dont risk any long term injury of already injured starters like Keenan Lewis, Pouncey, etc and if we lose, then a 7-9 sucking season and better draft position is OK with me.

that's one thing I agree with, no need to risk the health of players that are already hurt. I definitely want to see us beat the Browns, but there's no need to put somebody out there who would be risking further injury.

Whoever is out there for us needs to be ready to punch the Browns in their faces.

Millers the sh!t
12-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll take the L. Will be the difference between quite a bit of draft selections. Could make or break each round in the draft. I'll take a future pro bowler over a win against the browns... I'll take a future ten year player over a win against the browns.

madtowndrunkard
12-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty neutral on this game. I'm not going to root for us to lose... but if we did I wouldn't care. Same as if we won...

I guess what I care about more is how we play this game... how is the coaching staff handling this game? Are they going to give some young guys playing time? Are they going to bench players they know will not be returning next year?

I'd like to see Tomlin calling the offense... I think our Head coach needs to learn this and how else can he learn it ? He needs to try it... I think he leans too much on his coordinators at times. He clearly doesn't know when to take risks and when not to....he struggles to feel the pulse of the game IMO... if he didn't he wouldn't make some of the decisions he's made over the past year. I get the feeling his personal relationships with his players clouds his ability to use common sense when making game decisions. Why else would you try a 50+ yard FG in a game were the battle for field position was likely to decide the out come? Rather then help his team win, he often challenges them to win it on their own. While this is nobel and all...it's not smart.

A loss likely helps us in the draft... so IMO we should try to win with players that normally sit on the sideline. This will help us for next year in more ways then one.

jtbsteeler
12-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Who was alive the last time the Browns swept us?

I don't want to lose, but a 7-9 season will definitely get some people's uncomfortable. Which is more important right now if you ask me.

I can't root against the Steelers...:tt03::tt03::tt03:

lipps83
12-26-2012, 12:55 PM
After thinking about this I am looking for a loss.

As one of other posters mentioned I would rather a better shot at the player that we want and that may play for us the next ten years instead of a meaningless win.

ZoneBlitzer
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Steelers don't have to try to lose. If they just play to win, they will beat themselves.

steeltheone
12-26-2012, 01:12 PM
No way we set underachieving starters to save from injury. That is reserved for players that have made the playoffs and deserve a break.

I would rather take a lower pick than lose to Cleveland.

steeltheone
12-26-2012, 01:13 PM
After thinking about this I am looking for a loss.

As one of other posters mentioned I would rather a better shot at the player that we want and that may play for us the next ten years instead of a meaningless win.

Is this how far this franchise has fallen?

SoCalFan
12-26-2012, 01:16 PM
The way we have been playing, especially with our only reliable target in Heath Miller out, I see us losing weather I want us to or not!

madtowndrunkard
No way we set underachieving starters to save from injury. That is reserved for players that have made the playoffs and deserve a break.

I would rather take a lower pick than lose to Cleveland.

It will be sort of interesting to see how our FO sees it'. I have to think the scouting dept is telling Colbert to lose this game. Anyone know how many draft spots a win could cost us?

El-Gonzo Jackson
]Who was alive the last time the Browns swept us?[/B]

I don't want to lose, but a 7-9 season will definitely get some people's uncomfortable. Which is more important right now if you ask me.

I can't root against the Steelers...:tt03::tt03::tt03:

1988. Count me present for that one. Still remember the Starter brand wool Steelers hat I got that year. Trying to forget Bubby Brister and Todd Blackledge at QB.

Fire Arians
12-26-2012, 01:30 PM
you play to win the game. hello?!

FrancoLambert
12-26-2012, 02:34 PM
you play to win the game. hello?!

99 out of a 100 times I totally agree with you.
Here's the way I see it......what would help this team improve more?
A meaningless (egos and passions aside) win vs. the Clowns or a better draft position?
I want my team to be the most improved they can be next year....that happens largely through the draft.
If a loss means we draft a few slots earlier each round (vs. the Rats, Bungles et all) and have better talent available on the board for each pick, I have to think and hope long term.

Blacksburg Zach
12-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Hell no! I will never root against my Steelers. Nor will I root for the clowns, unless they are playing the ratbirds or a win would help the Steelers' playoff hopes. Plus, I have some friends who are Clowns fans. They would never let me hear the end of it if the Clowns swept the Steelers.

FrancoLambert
12-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Hell no! I will never root against my Steelers. Nor will I root for the clowns, unless they are playing the ratbirds or a win would help the Steelers' playoff hopes. Plus, I have some friends who are Clowns fans. They would never let me hear the end of it if the Clowns swept the Steelers.

I know, friends that pull for rival teams can be brutal. :doh:

Remember, I said put your ego and passions aside.....think team improvement. :tt04:

Cherinko
12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I've never understood fans of any team that want them to drop games for draft picks. Every game matters to me. If we win against Cleveland then we avoid having a losing season.

pete74
12-26-2012, 04:04 PM
A lot of teams will end with 8 wins, I would rather lose and move up 4 spots or so. Everyone says you can't play for picks but this season is over and im hoping next one is better. Just think if the Colts won one more game last season, they wouldnt have Luck and they sure wouldnt be in the playoffs with 10 wins and a game to go.

lloydwoodson
12-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I want C Batch to start. I want Batch to end his career with the Steelers with a win over the Browns. I want Ben to rest so he doesn't get injured in a meaningless game. And I want Batch to be 2-0 so everyone can see the problem is not the playcalling. The problem is Ben! Ben needs to buy into the system or gtfo.

WVABE
12-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Ben aint goin no where, I would like to see Charlie start though.
No way I'll root against the Steelers though although I believe the Browns sweep us.
The O-line needs some Red Bull so they wake the fuck up.

AgentGold007
12-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I never want to see the Steelers lose, especially not to the Brownstains. I live in northeast Ohio, I got to deal with idiot browns fans everyday. I hope we win by 50.

eafratitpm3
12-26-2012, 05:21 PM
What makes you think that we have a chance in ths game? We've lost 5 of the last 6 and haven't showed any offense AT ALL! If this team couldn't get up to win any of those losses how do you expect them to magically come alive. Granted I KNOW the Defense is going to show up because that group has pride, and it starts with LeBeau. Those guy want to play hard for their coach. As for the other side of the ball, I thought to myself there comes a time when you been getting manhandled game after game you would say enough is enough and get pissed off and actually produce. I feel this offense will finish the season as they have the last half, DISMAL. I will never root against the Steelers, especially the Defense but this offense is 11 individuals running around not kowing what the other is ging to do, especally the skilled positions!

VictoryFormation
12-26-2012, 05:34 PM
No die-hard Steeler fan wants to lose, especially to the Doo Doo Brownies. A loss would have a conciliation prize, but it probably wouldn't move them up in the draft much. If a team is picking in the top-10, or even the top-5, one, or two positions in the draft could make a big difference. But, once you get down lower in the first round, and beyond, teams are picking players at different positions to fill needs, and not necessarily taking the best talent available. So, if the Steelers are interested in a certain player at a specific position, he'll probably be available whether they pick 15th, or 17th, for example.

BowCatShot
12-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Intentionally losing, no matter how noble you make it sound, is tantamount to stealing. That's it. We could then rename the team The Pittsburgh Stealers.

EbonySteel86
12-27-2012, 08:19 AM
After the SD lost, I was looking forward to the draft anyway. If loosing to the Browns get us better over all picks, so be it. I'll take one for the future of the team, GO BROWNS....but we gonna win this one anyway, watch. LOL

sloppyjoe
12-27-2012, 09:11 AM
i think a loss will do us alot more good than a win
better draft spot in each round...huge
a 7-9 record might just humble a certain head coach and a number of players. nothing better than seeing LOSING record and finishing behind the bengals and JUSDT AHEAD of the browns during the drsft, mini camps, otas, and preseason to help motivate the ones left that do have some pride.
i hope we get blown out and utterly embarrassed at home

sloppyjoe
12-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Intentionally losing, no matter how noble you make it sound, is tantamount to stealing. That's it. We could then rename the team The Pittsburgh Stealers.

the way they played this year, many players and coaches stole money all season. whats the difference?

steel striker
12-27-2012, 02:37 PM
You should never want to lose and, I get it possible better draft picks. The FO usually makes good decisions on the draft and, as a long time steeler fan NEVER ROOT AGAINST THE STEELERS!

LVSteelersfan
12-27-2012, 02:48 PM
You people are all nuts if you think the Clowns don't want to lose on purpose to get a better draft position. They can probably move up more than we can move up with a loss. It will be "the see who wants to lose it worse for the draft position Bowl".

Lady Steel
12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Not only do I want our Steelers to win against the Browns, but I want them to decimate them. I know, that's funny. :laughing: But, I'm serious. I want our offense to put up a ton of points and I want our defense to hurt people. (Still :laughing: .)

Git 'r done and go out with a big win against a division rival. HERE WE GO! :tt:

Barry H
12-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Well, a loss would be keeping with who we are. Inferior to our division rivals. Inferior to the Patriots. Inferior - this year - to the Broncos.
We'll probably be looking up at the Ravens AND the Bengals next year.
I wish the Penguins were playing.
Even with a few beers in me, I can't shake how miserable Steelers black and gold has made me feel of late.

Hawaii 5-0
12-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Holy fucking SHIT. Fuck that dude. GO STEELERS!

well worded, that about sums it up for me...:thumbsup:

Saluki
12-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Without telling me, the GF dropped a few hundy on two tix for Sunday's game as an Xmas gift. It will be her first NFL game since the Rams don't really count. I'm driving from Illinois to visit family and hit the game. The last thing I want to see is a loss.

Hawaii 5-0
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Steelers Roster: Ike Taylor, Heath Miller and Baron Batch placed on injured reserve

By SteelCityRoller on Dec 27

Despite the appearance of an inconsequential contest, the Steelers begin preparations for their final game by ending the seasons of three players.

debate has blossomed over whether the Steelers should play for the win against the Cleveland Browns in week 17, or to evaluate talent. Judging by their roster moves on Wednesday, the Steelers intend to do both.

With no playoff implications for either team, the Steelers could have simply deactivated their most injured men, and limped through the contest. The offseason awaits them once the final second ticks off the clock. However, the Steelers have no intention of throwing in the towel, and took the necessary steps to insure a healthy active roster.

Heath Miller, who sustained severe injuries to the ligaments in his knee, will not return to team functions until sometime in 2013. Miller was placed on injured reserve.

Ike Taylor broke his ankle in week 13, and wore a protective boot until recently. Despite the optimism surrounding Taylor's health while playoff hopes were still alive, Taylor's participation against the Browns will not resuscitate the team's post-season dreams. Instead of risking further injury, Taylor was also placed on injured reserve.

Baron Batch broke his arm this past Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals. He underwent corrective surgery on Monday, and will not be able to play against the Browns. Batch became the third player to be placed on injured reserve.

With three empty spots to fill, the Steelers promoted three other players from the practice squad: linebacker Marshall McFadden, safety Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, and tight end Jamie McCoy. All three players will most likely be expected to contribute on special teams, but each might find playing time at their skill positions as well.

Depending on the flow of the game, Cromartie-Smith could find time in the secondary spelling Troy Polamalu who has been playing through recovery from a calf issue that forced him to miss most of the season. McFadden could find snaps at inside linebacker, in place of either Lawrence Timmons or Larry Foote. Foote is not under contract next season, and McFadden could be seen as a possible future option at the interior spots, at least as depth. McCoy stands the best chance of seeing the field, as he will be the third tight end on the depth chart behind David Paulson and Leonard Pope.

To fill out their practice squad, the Steelers signed DB Walter McFadden and WR Bert Reed.

While the Steelers still claim they will play to win the game, their effort to get healthy unproven players on the roster in time for game preparation suggests they will also be evaluating prospects for 2013.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/12/27/3805292/steelers-roster-injury-report-reserve--transactions-Miller-Batch-Taylor

TheVet
12-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Gotta admit that I wouldn't terribly mind having that higher draft pick after a loss to the Browns. But remember, Tomlin is gonna be the guy making the pick, so it's a close call.

Ricco Suavez
12-28-2012, 10:13 AM
It absolutely amazes me that as many "Old-timers" are on this forum, as many fans who proclaim themselves as Steeler fans of the tough defense and pound an opponent down, the fans who question the effort and heart of this team would now when it would appear to be an advantage, want your team to "tank" a game. Not just any game but a game at home against the Freaking Browns, a game that cements a losing season at 7-9. For what? To draft higher and pay a higher initial rookie salary, a pick that can pan out just as well as say, Mendenhall or Sweed.

:banging: Screw losing, you lose one with such disdain for the game and it becomes much easier to do when its for real. I know this season did not go well. We did have injuries and while other teams have them, I have paid immense attention to other teams blight and ours was as bad as any this year. We went through coaching change and while most fans were happy, do not forget for one minute that Tomlin was not on board, neither was Ben, and if truth be know there was more than a few that were not happy on the team. It was touch and go as to whether this season was going to be a smooth transition. So now when all appears lost some would be happy with a loss to a hated opponent, for a chance to pick higher and put all you hopes in a player that is picked 5-9 spots higher. I hope our FO is able to actually do their homework and use the available picks to improve this team and not rely on having to lose to "improve". Unfreaking believable.

rpbncb
12-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Beating the snot out of the Browns means NOTHING at this point. I'll take the draft position better. Love the Steelers but still really, really PISSED !!!!!

Ricco Suavez
12-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Draft position means squat if not used wisely.

FrancoLambert
12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
It absolutely amazes me that as many "Old-timers" are on this forum, as many fans who proclaim themselves as Steeler fans of the tough defense and pound an opponent down, the fans who question the effort and heart of this team would now when it would appear to be an advantage, want your team to "tank" a game. Not just any game but a game at home against the Freaking Browns, a game that cements a losing season at 7-9. For what? To draft higher and pay a higher initial rookie salary, a pick that can pan out just as well as say, Mendenhall or Sweed.

:banging: Screw losing, you lose one with such disdain for the game and it becomes much easier to do when its for real. I know this season did not go well. We did have injuries and while other teams have them, I have paid immense attention to other teams blight and ours was as bad as any this year. We went through coaching change and while most fans were happy, do not forget for one minute that Tomlin was not on board, neither was Ben, and if truth be know there was more than a few that were not happy on the team. It was touch and go as to whether this season was going to be a smooth transition. So now when all appears lost some would be happy with a loss to a hated opponent, for a chance to pick higher and put all you hopes in a player that is picked 5-9 spots higher. I hope our FO is able to actually do their homework and use the available picks to improve this team and not rely on having to lose to "improve". Unfreaking believable.

I don't agree that it's "unfreaking believable or freaking unbelievable"
I think you too easily dismiss the importance and benefit of drafting 5-9 spots higher each round.
Sure you have to do your homework, no matter where you draft.
Drafting higher doesn't guarantee success.
But I want a bigger and supposedly better pool of athletes available at each pick.
I'll take that built-in advantage any time.
As for acquiring a losing habit against a division rival, I think that's overblown.
It's the last game of the season, has no playoff implications and both teams are battered.
With today's players, it'll be soon forgotten.

austinfrench76
12-28-2012, 04:16 PM
ME!!!!!!!! Get all the BS out now, so we don't replicate it next year. If we get swept by Cleveland we will not lose to them again until. 3013!

Steelers5895
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
not sure i want to go into the off season with getting swept by the browns. we are only talking 3 spots and if there is someone the steelers want at 14-16 they will move up.

FrancoLambert
12-28-2012, 08:57 PM
not sure i want to go into the off season with getting swept by the browns. we are only talking 3 spots and if there is someone the steelers want at 14-16 they will move up.

You're right, there's no advantage in drafting 3 or 4 spots earlier in each round. :noidea:
Losing twice to the Browns would hurt more. :toofunny:

Bayz101
12-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Fuck no. I have no respect for an NFL team willing to tank even ONE game, no matter the circumstance, and I sure as hell won't take someone seriously who wishes to see their team lose for the benefit of a better draft choice. No way.

I'll be watching Sunday, with my terrible towel, and i'll be rooting for us to WIN.

Ricco Suavez
12-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Fuck no. I have no respect for an NFL team willing to tank even ONE game, no matter the circumstance, and I sure as hell won't take someone seriously who wishes to see their team lose for the benefit of a better draft choice. No way.

I'll be watching Sunday, with my terrible towel, and i'll be rooting for us to WIN.

What this guy said^^^^^^^

The same fans who call out the players and coaches for lack of effort are the same ones wanting to roll in order to have a higher school yard pick. Tell me how did picking Mendenhall work out better than if we had picked later and got Rice. I believe in Karma, and if I thought we lost on purpose i would expect to reap what we sow. I hope we never lose again.

SteelersCanada
12-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Remember back in '06 when we beat the Bengals in overtime week 17? If we lose that game, not only is Darelle Revis in the bag for us, we have a good chance at snagging Patrick Willis. What does that mean? We won an extra game, but lost Darrelle Revis and Patrick Willis in the process. Great, we beat the Bengals in overtime - that's fantastic. We also lost out on two of the best players at their respective positions for what? For an extra win? A win that didn't mean anything, mind you. A win that at the end of the day, meant absolute shit.

No, we shouldn't win on Sunday. In fact, we should do everything we can to fucking lose that game and lose the dead weight on this defense and start with younger guys. I'm sorry, losing out on elite prospects so we can have 'pride' at the end of the season is bullshit. Winning gets us nowhere, guys. I don't want to lose out on another Darrelle Revis or Patrick Willis because we need pride in our team.

I'll give you this scenario. Right now, we're sitting at the 14th overall pick. Say we win, though. Say we beat Cleveland and this moves us up to 17 or 18 in terms of draft positioning. What if Te'o is still on the board at 14 - a place we could have had him - but he's not there by 18? I'm not losing out on another elite prospect so we can feel warm and fuzzy getting a win that means shit. Sorry, if you don't have pride in the Steelers at the end of the day - losing season or not - what are you doing on these boards?

tony hipchest
12-28-2012, 11:18 PM
lose to the clowns?

no thanks. :coffee:

OX1947
12-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Remember back in '06 when we beat the Bengals in overtime week 17? If we lose that game, not only is Darelle Revis in the bag for us, we have a good chance at snagging Patrick Willis. What does that mean? We won an extra game, but lost Darrelle Revis and Patrick Willis in the process. Great, we beat the Bengals in overtime - that's fantastic. We also lost out on two of the best players at their respective positions for what? For an extra win? A win that didn't mean anything, mind you. A win that at the end of the day, meant absolute shit.

No, we shouldn't win on Sunday. In fact, we should do everything we can to fucking lose that game and lose the dead weight on this defense and start with younger guys. I'm sorry, losing out on elite prospects so we can have 'pride' at the end of the season is bullshit. Winning gets us nowhere, guys. I don't want to lose out on another Darrelle Revis or Patrick Willis because we need pride in our team.

I'll give you this scenario. Right now, we're sitting at the 14th overall pick. Say we win, though. Say we beat Cleveland and this moves us up to 17 or 18 in terms of draft positioning. What if Te'o is still on the board at 14 - a place we could have had him - but he's not there by 18? I'm not losing out on another elite prospect so we can feel warm and fuzzy getting a win that means shit. Sorry, if you don't have pride in the Steelers at the end of the day - losing season or not - what are you doing on these boards?

It doesnt matter, Steelers will be in the teens win or lose. Te'o is projected to go in the top 10.

SteelersCanada
12-29-2012, 12:09 AM
It doesnt matter, Steelers will be in the teens win or lose. Te'o is projected to go in the top 10.

It's just an example, though. I'm going to be really pissed off if we can't draft someone like Dion Jordan or CJ Mosley because we won a nothing-game against Cleveland. It doesn't make any sense to win and we get nothing out of it.

OX1947
12-29-2012, 12:36 AM
It's just an example, though. I'm going to be really pissed off if we can't draft someone like Dion Jordan or CJ Mosley because we won a nothing-game against Cleveland. It doesn't make any sense to win and we get nothing out of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

SteelersCanada
12-29-2012, 12:48 AM
OX - broken link. Or at least, I can't see it.

TheVet
12-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Let's do a little thought experiment. Suppose that both teams come out on Sunday and try to lose intentionally in order to procure better draft picks.

My question is: How could we tell?

OX1947
12-29-2012, 01:01 AM
OX - broken link. Or at least, I can't see it.

Ya, couldnt get the damn link to post flat.

BowCatShot
12-29-2012, 06:16 AM
the way they played this year, many players and coaches stole money all season. whats the difference?

I agree with you, they did. The difference is that I'll never condone nor advocate doing so.

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
I believe the question is "who wants to lose", my answer is simple, not me, not me for any reason.

Rowland2110
12-29-2012, 08:02 AM
I want to lose but for different reasons. Im hoping losing and going 7-9 and maybe getting booed off the field at home for the season ender will torture some of the under achievers and non trying players in the off season so we dont have repeat performance next year.

kan_t
12-29-2012, 09:41 AM
The Browns want to lose.

Weeden, McCoy AND Richardson all won't dress up on Sunday.

madtowndrunkard
12-29-2012, 10:05 AM
The more I've thought about it... I do want us to lose. Problem is so do the Browns. The steelers players want to win for selfish reasons. Expect Ben to have his best game of the season... he wants those stats. Many of these players want to inflate their stats for when they hit FA.... so expect the most motivated steeler team you've seen since our last SB victory.

I do expect Haley to call a ton of running plays though...so maybe a few fumbles could cause us to lose?

FrancoLambert
12-29-2012, 10:11 AM

Bayz,
Sounds contradictory, but so will I.

However, what gives us a better chance for team improvement next year?
A win over the Browns or a better drafting position?

TheVet
12-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Agreed. I cannot root against the Steelers, but it's true that a loss would be better for the team next year.

But again I ask: If both teams show up trying to lose, how will we know the difference? It will look very normal, sad to say.

Bayz101
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Bayz,
Sounds contradictory, but so will I.

However, what gives us a better chance for team improvement next year?
A win over the Browns or a better drafting position?

There's still a game left THIS year, and we're asking questions about next year?

You heard what Tomlin said. We're going to play to win this game, and i'm sure the last thing he's thinking about is draft position right now. Fuck draft position. David DeCastro dropped to us last year and we'll undoubtedly have better draft position this year. I'm not even worried about it, especially if our top three picks can't stay healthy.

Worry about the 2013 Steelers when the time comes. Go out and beat the living shit out of the turds TOMORROW.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
12-29-2012, 03:00 PM
As if moving up one or two spots in the draft even matters that much. You wanna get SWEPT BY THE BROWNS? No thanks.

harrison'samonster
12-29-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't remember people ever being so concerned about the next season before the current one is done. I wonder if that has to do with Madden football games and fantasy football. I'm not trying to put anybody down who thinks we should give away the game, I'm just saying we've still got one game left this year, and you play to win the game!

sloppyjoe
12-29-2012, 03:06 PM
for all those that are downplaying draft position and acting like we have had a great season because we split with the browns, i dont want to hear anyone crying about moving up a few spots to get 'X 'player come draft time.

OakmontMan
12-29-2012, 03:09 PM
The Colts suck for Luck is the best example of this. They are set for another 10 years.

harrison'samonster
12-29-2012, 03:14 PM
for all those that are downplaying draft position and acting like we have had a great season because we split with the browns, i dont want to hear anyone crying about moving up a few spots to get 'X 'player come draft time.

I haven't hear one person say that if we split with the Browns it will have been a great season.

As far as hearing ppl cry about who we draft, that's going to happen either way. And it will be all Tomlin's fault I'm sure.

harrison'samonster
12-29-2012, 03:15 PM
The Colts suck for Luck is the best example of this. They are set for another 10 years.

Luck looks like a great QB who's going to have a great career. But nothing is set in stone. He's been garuanteed no success, no SB titles. Just like Manning who was there before.

sloppyjoe
12-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I haven't hear one person say that if we split with the Browns it will have been a great season.

As far as hearing ppl cry about who we draft, that's going to happen either way. And it will be all Tomlin's fault I'm sure.

the only thing thats tomlins fault are the wins, right?

harrison'samonster
12-29-2012, 03:26 PM
the only thing thats tomlins fault are the wins, right?

I wouldn't blame anybody for winning

OakmontMan
12-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Luck looks like a great QB who's going to have a great career. But nothing is set in stone. He's been garuanteed no success, no SB titles. Just like Manning who was there before.

Just 10 more years of the Indianoplis Colts beating the Ratbirds and their crybaby fans.