PDA

View Full Version : matt lienart agrees to deal in principle

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 12:07 AM
not that i care. i think he was intentially holding out and ducking the steelers like the proven champion bill belichump.

good deal matt!

83-Steelers-43
08-15-2006, 08:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2549668

For being taken at #10 that's a nice contract. Fourteen million guaranteed. $50.8 million

Jeremy
08-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it was a big deal out here in Arizona. Arizona fans wanted him to stop his BS and sign a deal and USC people wanted Arizona to break the bank to sign him. It was really a big mess.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2006, 10:41 AM
F--k USC!He was the #10 pick,he should have been happy with #10 pick money.

Mosca
08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
This guy is going to be the next Ryan Leaf first round bust. All the great ones take care of the team first and cash in later. All of the turkeys take care of themselves first and flop.

There's a reason he fell to tenth, because you'd never see 9 NFL teams in a row pass on a guaranteed premier pro QB. He ain't gonna make it.

Tom

CantStop85
08-15-2006, 11:01 AM
There's a reason he fell to tenth, because you'd never see 9 NFL teams in a row pass on a guaranteed premier pro QB. He ain't gonna make it.
True, must be why Tom Brady fell to the 6th round.

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 11:42 AM
True, must be why Tom Brady fell to the 6th round.

ZING!!!

:cool: :cool:

AZ_Steeler
08-15-2006, 11:53 AM
F--k USC!He was the #10 pick,he should have been happy with #10 pick money.

Exactly! It was his own fault because he could have come out a year early and would have been a lock for the #1 overall pick. I personally feel football isn't the #1 item on his list of things to do. My guess is he will be a modern day Jim Brown and hit the movie screen right when he reaches his prime. Based on the agency he signed with, where he went to school and the crowd he hangs around with I wouldn't be suprised one bit if he called it quits early.

Jeremy
08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Which would tickle USC fans to death.

steveironcity
08-15-2006, 12:11 PM
I hope he gets his hold out ass laid out asap

LambertIsGod58
08-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm not a Leinart fan...but I would say that if he can get more money sitting out...that's his choice. Arizona shoulda passed if it bothered them so bad giving him better than 10th pick money. Sitting out a year would not have helped him any.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-15-2006, 06:42 PM
This guy is going to be the next Ryan Leaf first round bust. All the great ones take care of the team first and cash in later. All of the turkeys take care of themselves first and flop.

Tom

His arm strength was always a question mark but his head isn't. Ryan Leaf set the bar so low that to suggest Lienart will tumble down there is a little out there. Like him or not. Like USC or not.

But!!! What it does show to high school propsects is that USC takes care of those who take care of them. And you don't think Pete Carroll is going to reap some rewards as recruiting goes forward. ALready great signings this off season. They don't have bootleggers running the show there.

And with the Cardinal version of Batch starting for them the chances of this kid being forced to play this year are very high. They are getting a return on their dollar in Year One. The Arizona market is condusive to the SC-Leinart factor which will translate into merchandise sales. That $14 million in guaranteed money will be chump change no matter how things turn out after the season.

The Cardinals HAD to pay him...it's called leverage. Like it or not.