PDA

View Full Version : Chris Collinsworth is an idiot!

bretjwj
08-15-2006, 12:03 AM
did anyone hear what chris collinsworth said to the bus during the sunday night halftime show?! [something along the lines that if the steelers wouldn't have injured carson palmer that game would have been the bus's last] If i were Bettis i would have back handed that asshat! Why did NBC have to get two of the most annoying announcers for their show. Madden is bad enough. But at least he accomplished something and can be proud of that. What the hell did Collinsworth do that makes his so high and mighty? he is useless and knows nothing. he should go back to being the bengals beeotch!!! or better yet, back to FOX so him and his boy toy Joe Buck can be together once again.

HburgXL06
08-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy it here man.

On Collinsworth.....f*ck him, Bettis deserved and earned the ring he got.

BuFu

SteelShooter
08-15-2006, 01:08 AM
did anyone hear what chris collinsworth said to the bus during the sunday night halftime show?! [something along the lines that if the steelers wouldn't have injured carson palmer that game would have been the bus's last] If i were Bettis i would have back handed that asshat! Why did NBC have to get two of the most annoying announcers for their show. Madden is bad enough. But at least he accomplished something and can be proud of that. What the hell did Collinsworth do that makes his so high and mighty? he is useless and knows nothing. he should go back to being the bengals beeotch!!! or better yet, back to FOX so him and his boy toy Joe Buck can be together once again.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelShooter
08-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ................................and did I say "Hey There!"

Lyn
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM

First of all Welcome! Collinsworth said that to Bettis while they were on the air, Bettis' response was laughter and then "Coulda, woulda, shoulda"

Pier2.0T
08-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Chris Collinsworth is a former Bengal - need I say more?

ARKIESTEEL
08-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Yes its a toss up who I hate the most him or Boomer I think it is Chris today maybe later it will be Boomer

AZ_Steeler
08-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Welcome to SF!

Has for Collinsworthless... I couldn't agree with you more, especially with the whole Madden thing. I'm not sure if the Steelers will be playing the Bengals on NBC this year but I would love to see Collinsworthless and Bettis call that game if they do!

I know it won't happen but it would definitely be worth it.

j-dawg
08-15-2006, 12:57 PM
man i can't stand collinsworth... inside the nfl would be a much better program without him.

"ohh come on!" i think he's said that in every thing he's ever broadcasted.

BB2W
08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Collinsworth is an idiot... even his own family doesn't like him.

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Collinsworth is an idiot... even his own family doesn't like him.

ouch....LOL....:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43
08-15-2006, 04:26 PM
What do you expect? He is a tool. He's always been a tool. He will always be a tool. It's the Bungal way. From the top on down.

stillers4me
08-15-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd rather listen to someon swipe their fingernails down a chalkboard than listen to his voice. I've never been able to watch a game that he's announcing......major puke.

LambertIsGod58
08-15-2006, 07:24 PM
I do not like what he said to Bettis...Sounds like more hatin' goin' on...However, he was a better than average player and I did like him on Inside the NFL.

MattsMe
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately I missed Jerome's broadcast debut. But if Collinsworth really did say that to him, he should be fired. I would feel the same way if the roles were reversed. That is one of the most unprofessional and inappropriate things I've ever heard from an announcer/analyst.

Hawk Believer
08-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately I missed Jerome's broadcast debut. But if Collinsworth really did say that to him, he should be fired. I would feel the same way if the roles were reversed. That is one of the most unprofessional and inappropriate things I've ever heard from an announcer/analyst.
I didn't see it either. So when I read something like that in transcript, I always try to imagine different contexts. If Collinsworth was stating it in a Tom Brokaw, factual fashion, than yeah, that is incredibly lame.

However, I can also imagine it being said in a Fox sports, lets have our announcers seem like regular guys who I'd like to have a beer with fashion where they have the announcers try to appear to have buddy rapport by goading one another.

So my question to those who saw it, which of those two scenarios is closer to matching the demeanor of Collinsworth's statement?

MattsMe
08-15-2006, 07:44 PM
I didn't see it either. So when I read something like that in transcript, I always try to imagine different contexts. If Collinsworth was stating it in a Tom Brokaw, factual fashion, than yeah, that is incredibly lame.

However, I can also imagine it being said in a Fox sports, lets have our announcers seem like regular guys who I'd like to have a beer with fashion where they have the announcers try to appear to have buddy rapport by goading one another.

So my question to those who say it, which of those two scenarios is closer to matching the demeanor of Collinsworth's statement?

Good point, although I can't imagine why it would have even been brought up.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I really didn't have to read anything else but the heading.....I agreeeeee

CantStop85
08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Good point, although I can't imagine why it would have even been brought up.
Not to defend him or anything, because I'm not a big fan of Collinsworth as a commentator either, but he said it something along the lines of "On behalf of the Cincinnati fans, let's go ahead and get it out of the way...the steelers wouldn't have won the super bowl had Carson not gotten injured." (I'm paraphrasing that.) It was in a joking manner and I don't think he meant it as his actual opinion.

Hawk Believer
08-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Not to defend him or anything, because I'm not a big fan of Collinsworth as a commentator either, but he said it something along the lines of "On behalf of the Cincinnati fans, let's go ahead and get it out of the way...the steelers wouldn't have won the super bowl had Carson not gotten injured." (I'm paraphrasing that.) It was in a joking manner and I don't think he meant it as his actual opinion.
I saw him interviewing Warren Moon as part of the HOF coverage recently. They were going through a highlight game of Moon's to provide examples of his career. Collinsworth did make a comment like "we had to search really hard to find a highlight game that wasn't against the Browns." So if nothing else, at least the man can be self depracting.

CantStop85
08-15-2006, 08:46 PM
I saw him interviewing Warren Moon as part of the HOF coverage recently. They were going through a highlight game of Moon's to provide examples of his career. Collinsworth did make a comment like "we had to search really hard to find a highlight game that wasn't against the Browns." So if nothing else, at least the man can be self depracting.
Collinsworth can be amusing at times...I just hate the sound of his voice. :blurp:

Tankus_Maximus
08-16-2006, 01:26 PM
It's only fitting that a lawyer like Collinsworth would make a stupid comment like that. Lawyers always play the "if" factor.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Gawd I hate Collinsworth.

He should be fired for making a comment like that jsut like Esiason should have been fired for his Marino comment.It's just totally unprofessional and brings a dark mood to the set.

memphissteelergirl
08-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Gawd I hate Collinsworth.

He should be fired for making a comment like that jsut like Esiason should have been fired for his Marino comment.It's just totally unprofessional and brings a dark mood to the set.

:iagree:

Collinsworth is a Bungle homer to the nth degree....and that was completely out of line..I don't care what context it was supposed to be in!