PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Pro Bowlers

Darkstorm05
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Pouncey, and Heath Miller. That's all for this year.

harrison'samonster
12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Congratulations to Pouncey and Heath! Clark deserved to get it this year too.

steeltheone
12-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Congratulations to Pouncey and Heath! Clark deserved to get it this year too.

Clarks coverage skills are not real good. He puts the big hit on after the catch but he is not a Pro Bowl Safety.

Heath deserves everything he gets...Great Year!

objectivefan
12-26-2012, 09:47 PM
If Ed Reed if a pro bowler so is Clark. It's not a lifetime acheivement award.

harrison'samonster
12-26-2012, 09:50 PM
you say it's Clarks coverage skills. I say it's his big helmet. To many anti-big-helmet voters this year.

Clark played his ass of for the Steelers this year, whether he deserved to go or not it would have been nice to see him get in for a reward.

SteelBobbleHead
12-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Clark deserved to be in the pro bowl. He was the most consistent player on the #1 defense. The only 2 I thought deserved it were Miller (long over due) and Clark.

SteelersCanada
12-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Ike deserved to go after the second half of the season, but the Pro Bowl is such a crock of shit. It's so subjective that it's almost embarrassing to even be invited to. Really, Matt Schaub went? Voters look at records and assume the quarterbacks are having a good year instead of removing their heads from their tight rectums and realizing that it doesn't mean anything to go to this 'all star game'.

It needs to be done-away with.

rcoplien
12-27-2012, 02:33 AM
What about Timmons? wow only 2

Millers the sh!t
12-27-2012, 06:38 AM
No suisham?

jb500ex
12-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Timmons isn't very good except for 7 plays a year that's why he isn't and will never be there

pete74
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Mayo deserves to be in the pro bowl but I think Timmons had a better season then Derrick Johnson and deserves that spot over him

TRH
12-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Pouncey only got there on reputation alone (and where he got that from, i have no idea...) - he certainly didn't play "pro-bowl" caliber this year. He's not even better than his own brother.
I don't dislike Pouncey, and i think he's very good. Just not that level of good - there is certainly better in the NFL
Ben was certainly on his way to the Pro Bowl, no question. Until that injury in KC and the 2 INT debacles at the end of the year

Now thinking about it - this is the 1st year in a looooooooooong time when you could make a case for ZERO players on the Steelers making the Pro Bowl. Thats not so much of a knock on our players - its just that there's so many elite, great players now across the league thats much better than what we have. Really makes you stand up and think. Wow.

desertsteel
12-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Timmons isn't very good except for 7 plays a year that's why he isn't and will never be there

***Ridiculous Statement Alert***

desertsteel
12-27-2012, 11:07 AM
5 Chiefs on the roster is a joke!

steeltheone
12-27-2012, 11:18 AM
5 Chiefs on the roster is a joke! No difference than Pouncey being there.

Hawaii 5-0
12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
5 Chiefs on the roster is a joke!

yeah, the Chiefs have more players in the Pro Bowl than they had wins.

WVABE
12-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe they had 5 players worthy of going but I don't know don't follow them.
It is suppose to be about individual accomplishments but that's a crock too.
I'm shocked Troy didn't make it and am surprised Pouncey did.
And disappointed Squeezum didn't make it.
Guess his named wasn't mentioned in the sports world enough.

Hawaii 5-0
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Pouncey only got there on reputation alone

a lot of guys get in on reputation alone no matter if they had a good season or not.

for example, C Jeff Saturday was voted into the Pro Bowl and he was benched the last game of the season for poor play.

TRH
12-27-2012, 02:16 PM
a lot of guys get in on reputation alone no matter if they had a good season or not.

for example, C Jeff Saturday was voted into the Pro Bowl and he was benched the last game of the season for poor play.

true. Ray Lewis anyone? A great leader but his most recent Pro Bowl selections have been a joke, as there's been dozens of better, more elite LB's playing throughout the league.
My only issue is that most of the guys with "the reputations" are the ones thats been in the league for years and years. I'm still not sure how Pouncey ever got his, aside from a decent rookie season when the AFC was a bit weak on centers.

Darkstorm05
12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe they had 5 players worthy of going but I don't know don't follow them.
It is suppose to be about individual accomplishments but that's a crock too.
I'm shocked Troy didn't make it and am surprised Pouncey did.
And disappointed Squeezum didn't make it.
Guess his named wasn't mentioned in the sports world enough.

As good as Suisham has been for us, he's no Pro Bowler. He isn't even a top 10 kicker in the league, TBH. There are guys out there consistently banging in 51 yarders for their teams. I know Heinz is a hard place to kick, but we do go on the road, too.

WVABE
12-27-2012, 08:07 PM
As good as Suisham has been for us, he's no Pro Bowler. He isn't even a top 10 kicker in the league, TBH. There are guys out there consistently banging in 51 yarders for their teams. I know Heinz is a hard place to kick, but we do go on the road, too.

Yea I know, thought maybe he would get lucky like some of the QB's with 20 2 yd td tosses.

nj1923steelgirl
12-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Congrats Heath.....well deserved!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-28-2012, 11:33 PM

Suisham missed three kicks this year. One was a bad snap, and the other two were 53 yarders. He was as automatic as could be.

Lady Steel
12-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Congrats to Pouncey, and especially to Heath who deserves it more than anyone. Disappointed Clark and Sweet Cheeks didn't make it.

Fire Arians
12-28-2012, 11:51 PM
yeah, the Chiefs have more players in the Pro Bowl than they had wins.

the chiefs have a lot of talent on their roster, its mind boggling how they are dead last.

Darkstorm05
12-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Suisham missed three kicks this year. One was a bad snap, and the other two were 53 yarders. He was as automatic as could be.

And that earns him 12th place overall in the league. He's 27 for 30, 1 for 3 on 50+ yarders. Now compare that to the top kickers, like the two going to the Pro Bowl. Dawson is 28 for 29, but 6 for 6 on 50+ yard kicks. Walsh is 32 for 35 and 9 for 9 on 50+ yard efforts, with his longest being 56 yards, plus a pair of 55 yarders. The rest of the top 10 has similar numbers, and those guys are on a tier Suisham has yet to match. These past couple games when Ben took sacks on the other end of the 50, one of these guys in Suisham's place might have made a FG a possibility there. He's serviceable, but when we have cap room and a pick to spare, there are plenty of upgrades out there.

torpedoshell31
12-29-2012, 12:59 PM
I see that Ben and Suisham are first alternates for the Pro Bowl. Ben actually has a great chance to be named because of the 3 QB's ahead of him(Manning,Brady and Schaub) one of them will more than likely be in the Super Bowl.

steeltheone
12-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I see that Ben and Suisham are first alternates for the Pro Bowl. Ben actually has a great chance to be named because of the 3 QB's ahead of him(Manning,Brady and Schaub) one of them will more than likely be in the Super Bowl.

Andrew Luck deserved it, before BR7.

torpedoshell31
12-29-2012, 09:19 PM

I thought that Luck might be the first alternate, but he led the NFL in turnovers so that might have hurt him the voting. Who knows, Ben might opt out of the game to heal up and then probably Luck will be named to the team.

lloydwoodson
12-29-2012, 09:30 PM

Luck??? Luck?!?!?!?!?! Go watch some more ESPN.

The Colts made the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league. They beat TWO good teams all year - the Packers and the Vikings.

Players with a 75 quarterback rating don't deserve to be in the Probowl - JUST SO YOU KNOW.

THIS JUST IN!!! MARK SANCHEZ HAD A HIGHER COMPLETION PCT THAN ANDREW LUCK!!!

steeltheone
12-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Luck??? Luck?!?!?!?!?! Go watch some more ESPN.

The Colts made the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league. They beat TWO good teams all year - the Packers and the Vikings.

Players with a 75 quarterback rating don't deserve to be in the Probowl - JUST SO YOU KNOW.

THIS JUST IN!!! MARK SANCHEZ HAD A HIGHER COMPLETION PCT THAN ANDREW LUCK!!!

He took a 3 win team to the playoffs as a rookie, with a new head coach and new OC...that alone makes him worthy. I understand he is not better than BR7 or a few others, yet.

Should Ben be a Pro Bowler for leading a playoff team to 7 or 8 wins? ( understand, i am a BR7 fan, but he is not worthy this year)

SteelersCanada
12-29-2012, 11:25 PM
He took a 3 win team to the playoffs as a rookie, with a new head coach and new OC...that alone makes him worthy. I understand he is not better than BR7 or a few others, yet.

Should Ben be a Pro Bowler for leading a playoff team to 7 or 8 wins? ( understand, i am a BR7 fan, but he is not worthy this year)

Have you ever sat down and watched him play? I mean, sat down and looked at his snaps, game decisions, managing a game, etc. If you have, you can't honestly sit there and tell me he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl - as big a farce as it is. How many times did Hilton and Wayne have to make circus catches in order to keep a drive alive? How many times did he have a good game and then follow it up with a truly horrendous effort? He looked and played like a rookie in most of their wins and all of their losses. Go back and look at the Patriots game - a team with a truly mediocre defense - and tell me that's a Pro Bowl worthy player this year.

I'm not saying he never will be, but he definitely wasn't this year. They went by stats and hype with this kid - not by what the film shows. One and done in the playoffs.

lloydwoodson
01-08-2013, 05:29 AM
the chiefs have a lot of talent on their roster, its mind boggling how they are dead last.

They never should have fired Todd Haley. :sofunny:

Hawaii 5-0
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Steelers center Pouncey alone on All-Pro team

By Alan Robinson
Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013

Maurkice Pouncey is the second-team center on The Associated Press All-Pro team, the only Steelers player chosen following their 8-8 season.

Pouncey was the first-team center a season ago, when the Steelers went 12-4 and made the playoffs. He has made the team in all three of his NFL seasons; he also was a second-team selection in 2010.

This season, Max Unger of Seattle made first team.

Pouncey ended up beating out his own brother, Dolphins center Mike Pouncey, who had an outstanding season, for the second-team position.

Last season, Pouncey and Troy Polamalu both were first-team selections on the All-Pro team, which is voted on by a panel of 50 NFL writers, broadcasters and observers. Polamalu missed much of this season with a calf injury.

The Steelers were the only AFC North team with a lone player on the 2012 team.

The Ravens landed fullback Vonta Leach and kick returner Jacoby Jones on first team and guard Marshal Yanda and defensive lineman Haloti Ngata on second team. The Bengals place defensive lineman Geno Atkins on the first team and wide receiver A.J. Green on the second. The Browns had a pair of second-teamers, guard Joe Thomas and kicker Phil Dawson.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3284147-74/team-pouncey-season#ixzz2Ho6JDsKJ

steeltheone
01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Have you ever sat down and watched him play? I mean, sat down and looked at his snaps, game decisions, managing a game, etc. If you have, you can't honestly sit there and tell me he deserves to be in the Pro Bowl - as big a farce as it is. How many times did Hilton and Wayne have to make circus catches in order to keep a drive alive? How many times did he have a good game and then follow it up with a truly horrendous effort? He looked and played like a rookie in most of their wins and all of their losses. Go back and look at the Patriots game - a team with a truly mediocre defense - and tell me that's a Pro Bowl worthy player this year.

I'm not saying he never will be, but he definitely wasn't this year. They went by stats and hype with this kid - not by what the film shows. One and done in the playoffs.

No,i never have watched Luck snap by snap, but i have watched Pouncey snap by snap and there is a bunch of over hype there.

steeltheone
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM

One question I must ask. If Luck was as average as you say, who was responsible for the team going from 2 or 3 wins to the playoffs ? Bruce Arians? Not much else changed.

DanRooney
01-12-2013, 11:02 PM
They never should have fired Todd Haley. :sofunny:

Joy we have Todd Haley and an offense that is worse than what it was with Bruce Arians :tt03:

austinfrench76
01-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Clark should have been a PB'er. Just sticking with the thread topic.

Hawaii 5-0
01-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Clark should have been a PB'er. Just sticking with the thread topic.

I actually think Ryan Clark was more deserving of playing in the Pro Bowl this year than Maurkice Pouncey...