PDA

View Full Version : Is wrong That I hate the Cheats more than the Rats

steel striker
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe something is really wrong with me but, I hate the Cheats more than the Rats. Mainly I can't stand Brady (Precious) just that smug look on hhis face makes me sick.
I'm rooting for whoever plays against the Cheats!

PATS16N0
12-27-2012, 03:09 PM
It's perfectly natural to become bitter and cynical and hateful after over a decade of having to watch Tom Brady shred your vaunted defense like nothing.

PATS16N0
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
If you hate the Patriots, though, you hate America.

harrison'samonster
12-27-2012, 04:07 PM

how do you figure?

steelerchad
12-27-2012, 08:21 PM
You're entitled to that opinion. I personally hate the Ravens more. Can't stand either team, but the Pats have won more, you wouldn't know it by talking to most Ravens fans though.

Lady Steel
12-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I hate them both equally.

TRH
12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
I dislike both - but in reality, i dislike the Raven's less.
The fact is - many of their players would make perfect Pittsburgh Steelers - more should just admit this. If Lewis, Suggs, Rice and a few others wore our uniform, we'd love them.

harrison'samonster
12-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I dislike both - but in reality, i dislike the Raven's less.
The fact is - many of their players would make perfect Pittsburgh Steelers - more should just admit this. If Lewis, Suggs, Rice and a few others wore our uniform, we'd love them.

yeah, I dislike the team, but I have nothing but respect for their players. I love the rivalry between these two teams, and if they didn't have any good players it wouldn't be as much fun.

Except for Flacco. He sucks.

i82much
12-29-2012, 04:20 PM

Steelers/Ravens == 1950's, John Wayne America.
Patriots == modern-day, Justin Bieber "America."

Ricco Suavez
12-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Hate the Patriots cause they are the poster team, QB, and coach of Goddell's NFL. I am not a believer in most conspiracy theories, but the video (that lent no advantage but was filmed for several years for no reason at all), the fact that his former assistant coach turned him in (once again not a big deal ,so why turn him in), the first SB won after 9/11 by the PATRIOTS, The fact they won three SBs by a FG each where if there was even the slightest advantage in filming could of made a difference. Hines Ward post game (before it was even know about video) "its like they knew what we were running".The fact they beat us out of 1 maybe 2 trips to the SB. The "special " rules for their QB, and the fact that the video was destroyed and never made public, sure seems like a Tom Clancy novel to me.

PS I hate the Ravens like the plague, and the Patriots like plague carriers.

steel striker
12-29-2012, 09:13 PM
It's perfectly natural to become bitter and cynical and hateful after over a decade of having to watch Tom Brady shred your vaunted defense like nothing.

Does not change the fact that Brady(Precious) is smug SOB and, has not won crap since they stopped cheating. Oh let's see I remember last years game where your darling cheats lost in Pittsburgh. Yes I'm a hater of the pats and Precious and, if you think the Cheats are America's team you are dreaming. I don't see Pats fan take over away games like the steelers fans do. Not to mention when was the last hard schedule that your team had? Brady has the tuck rule, the no hitting Brady rule and, he he cries to the refs when someone gets in his grill.

PATS16N0
12-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Hate the Patriots cause they are the poster team, QB, and coach of Goddell's NFL. I am not a believer in most conspiracy theories, but the video (that lent no advantage but was filmed for several years for no reason at all), the fact that his former assistant coach turned him in (once again not a big deal ,so why turn him in), the first SB won after 9/11 by the PATRIOTS, The fact they won three SBs by a FG each where if there was even the slightest advantage in filming could of made a difference. Hines Ward post game (before it was even know about video) "its like they knew what we were running".The fact they beat us out of 1 maybe 2 trips to the SB. The "special " rules for their QB, and the fact that the video was destroyed and never made public, sure seems like a Tom Clancy novel to me.

PS I hate the Ravens like the plague, and the Patriots like plague carriers.

Oh, please. Nice conspiracy theory.

steelerchad
12-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Oh, please. Nice conspiracy theory.

They didn't lose a draft pick and get fined for nothing. Even though details were covered up nicely, the league knew they had to submit some kind of punishment as there was enough info out there to make the wins and SB's look tainted. Whether or not the outcomes were affected or not, we'll never know for sure, so yeah they are a little tainted in my mind.
In the NFL, with 2 closely matched playoff caliber teams, it only takes 1 or 2 plays to swing the advantage one way or the other. Knowing the plays that were coming would certainly provide that advantage.

PhantomJB93
12-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah I only hate the Pats when we can't beat them. After we shut them down in 2011 I didn't care anymore. I hate the rats whether we beat them or not.

And while I dislike Brady, I respect him and recognize him as the best in the game. Same with Belichick. Will never come close to saying that of Flaccid or Harbaugh.

And while it's fun to rag on them for Spygate, I really think it's overblown. It may have helped them a little bit but it was hardly the reason for their success.

steelerchad
12-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah I only hate the Pats when we can't beat them. After we shut them down in 2011 I didn't care anymore. I hate the rats whether we beat them or not.

And while I dislike Brady, I respect him and recognize him as the best in the game. Same with Belichick. Will never come close to saying that of Flaccid or Harbaugh.

And while it's fun to rag on them for Spygate, I really think it's overblown. It may have helped them a little bit but it was hardly the reason for their success.

Isn't that just it though? Every little advantage counts. Sure they were very good. They've likely had better, more dominant teams recently that didn't win it all. It's easy to get tripped up by a play or 2. But at some point during their 3 SB runs, does that little advantage give them a play to win a close game to keep the run going.

PATS16N0
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
They didn't lose a draft pick and get fined for nothing. Even though details were covered up nicely, the league knew they had to submit some kind of punishment as there was enough info out there to make the wins and SB's look tainted. Whether or not the outcomes were affected or not, we'll never know for sure, so yeah they are a little tainted in my mind.
In the NFL, with 2 closely matched playoff caliber teams, it only takes 1 or 2 plays to swing the advantage one way or the other. Knowing the plays that were coming would certainly provide that advantage.

Yes, they got fined for having an employee at Metlife taping a Jets practice.
Let me repeat that.

They were fined and penalized for having an employee taping a Jets practice. Patriots Employee. Jets Practice. Video camera.

They were not fined for cheating, or rigging three Superbowls, or rigging three entire seasons of A-grade football. If was used as a weapon by NY based media to drop the Patriots down a peg, and by overblowing the story, they turned a simple NFL rule infraction (let me repeat, NFL rule infraction, not NFL GAME rules) into some fantasy where all the Patriots Superbowls are tainted because the Patriots had secret insight into every play being called, every game, and called some rock-beats-scissors counter-play for it.

All teams were warned by the NFL the year before "Spygate" because all teams were doing it. Both Jimmy Johnson and Pittsburgh's own Bill Cowher have validated this.

The Patriots weren't taping the Jets because it helped the win games.

The Patriots were taping the Jets because Belichick is a master troll.

PATS16N0
12-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Just admit it.

Steeler fans hate the Patriots for the same reason Patriot fans hate the Giants.
We say it's because they flop on the field, fake injuries, and play dishonorable football, but it's really just because they've screwed us out of two Superbowls.

I know you.

MACH1
12-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Just admit it.

Steeler fans hate the Patriots for the same reason Patriot fans hate the Giants.
We say it's because they flop on the field, fake injuries, and play dishonorable football, but it's really just because they've screwed us out of two Superbowls.

I know you.

Pot meet kettle.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/bpesti/Football%20Joke%20Helmets/NFL_Patriots_asterisk.gif

steel striker
12-30-2012, 10:03 PM
What bothers me about some of the pats fans I have talked have no idea who played QB before Brady & Drew Bledsoe. I real fan should know more about the history of their team. Even if it's bad.

Ricco Suavez
12-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes, they got fined for having an employee at Metlife taping a Jets practice.
Let me repeat that.

They were fined and penalized for having an employee taping a Jets practice. Patriots Employee. Jets Practice. Video camera.

They were not fined for cheating, or rigging three Superbowls, or rigging three entire seasons of A-grade football. If was used as a weapon by NY based media to drop the Patriots down a peg, and by overblowing the story, they turned a simple NFL rule infraction (let me repeat, NFL rule infraction, not NFL GAME rules) into some fantasy where all the Patriots Superbowls are tainted because the Patriots had secret insight into every play being called, every game, and called some rock-beats-scissors counter-play for it.

All teams were warned by the NFL the year before "Spygate" because all teams were doing it. Both Jimmy Johnson and Pittsburgh's own Bill Cowher have validated this.

The Patriots weren't taping the Jets because it helped the win games.

The Patriots were taping the Jets because Belichick is a master troll.

Here is the thing though. If all teams were warned, and if it was not a big deal, then answer me this, "Why continue to do so at the expense of getting caught?" Until you or any other Patriot fan convince me otherwise this little bit of common sense will always be the one question that I will think of.

GMU Steeler
12-31-2012, 04:22 PM
I still can't answer this even after these two teams played in the AFC championship last year. Now, I admit, I probably do hate the Ravens slightly less in part because I do root for the Orioles in baseball. But Harbaugh really grates the crap out of me and while I recognize he's an all time great linebacker, I just wish someone would tell Ray Lewis to stop acting like a drama queen. On the other hand, it's hard not to hate a team that denied you not one but two trips to the Super Bowl. And most of the Pats fans I know with some exceptions are band-wagoners with no affiliation whatsoever with the New England area. They just liked the flashy offense that Brady and Belichick started developing in the mid 2000's and would have probably been bored watching the Pats teams that actually won SBs. Of course, Ravens fans can be just as annoying, I don't need you to shout shit at me just for wearing Pittsburgh gear on a Maryland beach. So I guess I'm undecided. I was happy when Lee Evans had the ball snatched out of him and I compared Billy Cundiff to Ray Finkle after he missed the FG but I got an equal joy at the Giants ruining the Pats chances again. The Ravens hatred is more based in the rivalry. I think if they weren't a division rival, I could respect them some. Pats aren't a division rival and I hate them. So I guess using that metric, it's probably the Pats but it's close. And of course Spygate plays a role here too.

PATS16N0
12-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I think bandwagon fans just naturally inspire hate for their teams. I despised the Cowboys because of their fans in the 90's who were everywhere and all of course claiming to be fans of the team since the ancient days I live in Massachusetts and I'm sure all of those people are probably "long time Patriot fans" now, too.

But I definitely don't think that reflects on the local New England fan base. Every area has lots of people who just float with whatever team they think is stylish or fun to watch or championship contenders.

People take a lot of shots at Patriot fans for being a bandwagon fan base and non existent before 2011. That simply isn't true. I went to the old Foxboro stadium twice when I was a little kid and I remember that crummy little stadium being packed and loud, and that was in the 80's.

I became a fan in 1993/1994 when I really started watching football (13/14 years old) and the Patriots were on the rise with the Bledsoe / Tuna era. I remember plenty of Patriot fans.

PATS16N0
12-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Anyway, in my opinion, the Patriots are worthy of much more Steeler hate then the Ravens are.

It's an indisputable FACT that Tom Brady owns the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Owns. Isn't his all time record against you like 8-2 or something? With most of those victories coming in the form of 35+ points against the vaunted Pittsburgh defense?

What's Baltimore honestly REALLY done to warrant even being in the same category of hate as the Patriots? Linger in your division? Borrow the division title every once in awhile?

My all time favorite season against the Steelers came in the lead up to our third Superbowl. You broke our game winning streak and then one of your players started yelling ony our field that the Patriots aren't on your level.

In the play offs, later that year, after shutting down Peyton's Colts, went into Heinz Field and ended your season on the way to our Dynasty trophy.

That was when my hate for the Steelers was at its greatest. That year and every year that followed until 2012.

The Ravens? Really?

If you're going to hate anyone. hate us.
Cause' you're not on our level. :coffee:

PATS16N0
12-31-2012, 11:32 PM
El1xnpu_mtk

11:55

Remember like it was yesterday.

Blackout
01-01-2013, 02:58 AM
I think you secretly love the Steelers.

i82much
01-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Anyway, in my opinion, the Patriots are worthy of much more Steeler hate then the Ravens are.

It's an indisputable FACT that Tom Brady owns the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Owns. Isn't his all time record against you like 8-2 or something? With most of those victories coming in the form of 35+ points against the vaunted Pittsburgh defense?

What's Baltimore honestly REALLY done to warrant even being in the same category of hate as the Patriots? Linger in your division? Borrow the division title every once in awhile?

My all time favorite season against the Steelers came in the lead up to our third Superbowl. You broke our game winning streak and then one of your players started yelling ony our field that the Patriots aren't on your level.

In the play offs, later that year, after shutting down Peyton's Colts, went into Heinz Field and ended your season on the way to our Dynasty trophy.

That was when my hate for the Steelers was at its greatest. That year and every year that followed until 2012.

The Ravens? Really?

If you're going to hate anyone. hate us.
Cause' you're not on our level. :coffee:

Look dude. I'm a Ravens fan. I come on here, I talk a little friendly trash, I take my lumps when we lose, I try to give the Steelers credit where due and be honest about the failings of my own team. At the same time, I try to stick up for the Ravens when things get ridiculous, like when Ray Rice got that towel from a Steelers fan and some folks on here were acting like he was Rae Carruth.

What you are doing is, IMHO, far different. You sound like a total douche that doesn't have enough going on in his own life so you need to live your life through your football team. That's sad. Get a girlfriend, get a blowup doll. Reread some of your old science fiction novels that you haven't looked at for weeks. Go to another Star Trek convention, maybe practice shaving for when you get older. Get away from the computer and reconnect with real life, ya know?

SteelersCanada
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
What you are doing is, IMHO, far different. You sound like a total douche that doesn't have enough going on in his own life so you need to live your life through your football team. That's sad. Get a girlfriend, get a blowup doll. Reread some of your old science fiction novels that you haven't looked at for weeks. Go to another Star Trek convention, maybe practice shaving for when you get older. Get away from the computer and reconnect with real life, ya know?

It sounds like you're taking his comments about the Ravens a little personally which completely negates the bold part of your comment. I mean, let's all just chill.

I hate the Patriots more than the Ravens, but that's because most of the time, the Ravens are insignificant. Sure, they borrow our title once and a while but for the most part, they're not a very good team. Flacco doesn't strike fear in my heart and RayRay hasn't been effective for years. Case in point, when Gronkowski made Lewis his bitch earlier this year - that might have been the funniest shit I've ever seen.

It's also a family-feud thing, too. We're all huge football fans in my house and my brother happens to be a Pats fan which automatically means I despise his team by default. But, for the most part, I feel as if the Steelers - Patriots rivalry is one of the most underrated ones in the NFL.

i82much
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
It sounds like you're taking his comments about the Ravens a little personally which completely negates the bold part of your comment. .

Nah. He's a douche.

Ricco Suavez
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
And he still has no sound answer for my simple question.

PATS16N0
01-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Look dude. I'm a Ravens fan. I come on here, I talk a little friendly trash, I take my lumps when we lose, I try to give the Steelers credit where due and be honest about the failings of my own team. At the same time, I try to stick up for the Ravens when things get ridiculous, like when Ray Rice got that towel from a Steelers fan and some folks on here were acting like he was Rae Carruth.

wqvYsMapFEg

Ricco Suavez
01-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Still no answer. Hmmmm.

steve314
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
No!

dez09231
01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
I used to hate the Patriots more than anything. I remember both those AFC Championship games. The first one sucked, but by that point I was accustomed to coming close and losing. We wouldn't have beaten the Rams, anyway. Kordell was destined to never win one. The second one, though... that was our year. That was when it was all coming together. We were the best team in the league that year. I remember tearing up when Plaxico caught that touchdown in front of a dead silent crowd. He caught the ball, turned around, and just walked down the sideline. The game was already over then, and the touchdown was meaningless. I hear he ran back into them later on.

After winning two and seeing the 07 Patriots be the best team of all time and still come up short, not to mention the OTHER time they lost to Eli in the Super Bowl, i'm over it. They were the team of the 2000's. We were 2nd best. We played Oakland to their Pittsburgh. The two best teams of the last decade played in the same conference, and one was better than the other. It's ok. I've accepted that. We weren't a second dynasty because of them, but there are still 6 Lombardi's in only one place.

I actually rooted for them against Baltimore last year. There are a lot of idiot Patriots fans, which is to be expected with Boston not having yet been hit by the meteor that the rest of the nation prays for, but Baltimore fans are the worst. They are such a violent bunch of delusional, vitriolic, confused and belligerent people. They think that their team is a dynasty in the making because they finally beat us a few times. They didn't beat the 08 Steelers. They won 3 regular season games, and then commenced the pissing away of the fruits of their good fortune that last 2 years are our version of rebuilding. I don't like their whiny ass team, and I don't like their silly fans. I would gladly take another Patriots Super Bowl over them sending Ray Lewis off with a Lombardi.

I hope it's Brady @ Manning the AFC Championship. The two greats at the end of their careers, playing what will be most likely the last time the meet in a game like that.

PATS16N0
01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Good post. That's where I'm at as well. I used to hate the Steelers more than any other team. Patriot v Steelers games were big time football nights in Massachusetts. I remember them being bigger than any Patriot v Jets games and even put them above our games with Manning's Colts.

It was a really heated Conference rivalry. It was my personal favorite of all the Patriot rivalries.

You were basically our main villain.

PATS16N0
01-06-2013, 01:55 AM
It actually feels nice not to hate the Steelers. I don't hate the Steelers and I don't hate the Colts (I really just hated Peyton). I sort of just let old grudges die when you finally beat us in that regular season game last season.

It's of course because we're not presently competing for championships but it's actually a nice change of pace to bury the hatchet (for my part) with the Steelers after a decade long war for the AFC. I was actually rooting for you this season.

Hopefully the next generation of Patriots and Steelers won't disappoint and we can return to feeling a natural, instinctive, God given hatred for one another.
Some of my fondest football memories involve praying, cursing, cheering and Pittsburgh Steeler uniforms.

The_Joker
01-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Too right. One of my friends is a Rats fan, and while he's a nice guy, he's a little... out there when it comes to football.

Also, will you guys kill me if my best friend is a Pats fan?

harrison'samonster
01-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Too right. One of my friends is a Rats fan, and while he's a nice guy, he's a little... out there when it comes to football.

Also, will you guys kill me if my best friend is a Pats fan?

that's ok. I'm related to Browns fans and some of my best friends are Browns and Cowboy fans. When it comes down to it, I don't hate any team or player, but I do enjoy seeing them lose.

dez09231
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Good post. That's where I'm at as well. I used to hate the Steelers more than any other team. Patriot v Steelers games were big time football nights in Massachusetts. I remember them being bigger than any Patriot v Jets games and even put them above our games with Manning's Colts.

It was a really heated Conference rivalry. It was my personal favorite of all the Patriot rivalries.

You were basically our main villain.

That shit wasn't a rivalry. It was Belichek knowing the holes in the zone, and having a QB good enough to exploit them. It's not a rivalry when one team beats the other almost every time. The Patriots were just better.

Last year when we lost to Denver, it was really a blessing in disguise. We would've headed into Foxboro minus half the team and with a QB with half a working body. It would've been ugly.