PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker's feel-good story

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 07:23 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06227/713551-150.stm

On this Latrobe lawn yesterday, every Parker stride seemed to be 5 yards long, his chiseled physique flashing in and out of creases and bolting free for another 40 yards just for the sheer joy of it.

A good read by Gene Collier...a look at Willie Parker that might surprise some people

:cool: :cool:

Buzz05
08-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Good for Willie, its always nice to hear about good people like him. Good kid, good attitude. I hope he has an even better year. Some of the people in the league get so selfish they forget where they came from. It seems as it Willie has embraced it.

nicesteel4life
08-15-2006, 08:44 AM
GO WILLIE.....I am so glad he is remembering what he came from. The modest players are the best players.

HometownGal
08-15-2006, 09:26 AM
What a heartwarming story! It is so refreshing to read a story like this when most everything being reported via the sports media outlets these days are negative stories involving professional athletes. Willie comes from a close-knit, loving family and reading about his gifts to his Dad made me even prouder that this fine young man is wearing the black and gold. :smile:

PisnNapalm
08-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I dare say that it brought a small tear to my eye. Excellent article man. Thanks for posting it.

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Really a great story BNG 203. Kudos to Willie for recognizing the sacrifies that were made for him. It gives all of us parents, hope!!! :smile:

Midnightwriter07
08-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Is about time that we read a few positive stories coming out of camp !! Very good for him and his family. Is nioce to see that there are some guys that do play professional sports that arent all about " ME ". great read

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah..the kid seems to "get it"...doesn't he???

Heres hoping Willie has a HUGE season...Mom needs a caddy and a ring now....:cool: :cool:

X-Terminator
08-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Great kid and great attitude. I really think he's going to prove his doubters wrong this year and have a big season. Judging from the little bit I saw on Saturday, he seems to be developing the patience a RB to go along with his blinding speed - which will make him deadly. Talk about finding a diamond in the rough...I don't think there are any other teams that are more adept at finding them than the Steelers.

memphissteelergirl
08-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Great kid and great attitude. I really think he's going to prove his doubters wrong this year and have a big season. Judging from the little bit I saw on Saturday, he seems to be developing the patience a RB to go along with his blinding speed - which will make him deadly. Talk about finding a diamond in the rough...I don't think there are any other teams that are more adept at finding them than the Steelers.

Amen, X-Terminator!

And that was a great story! Thanks for sharing..and I think Willie is gonna prove all the doubters wrong...he's on his way to a great career!

klick81
08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Mom needs a caddy and a ring now....:cool: :cool:

Hahaha...yeah.

MattsMe
08-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Excellent read. I like everything I've heard from Willie off the field, and most of what I've seen from him on it. I can't wait to see what he does this year.

SteelerFanInCA
08-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Great story. Hats off to Willie. Don't worry Willie, you will get a few more rings.