PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin

Steelers5895
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
This guy wants out of Minnesota and i think he could be had in a Bettis type trade. A third and a 5th maybe.

The guy brings a unique dynamic to an offense.

Thought?

zshelhamer
12-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't want anyone who forces their way off their team on the Steelers. The Steelers are a team first organization and we don't need anymore distractions from players that will put themselves ahead of the team (Wallace and Mendenhall).

steeltheone
12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
We can not afford any" name " player till we cut about 5 "name" players!

nj1923steelgirl
12-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I dont think so......

Fire Haley
12-28-2012, 06:35 PM
We can not afford any" name " player till we cut about 5 "name" players!

truth

austinfrench76
12-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Well, we need someone to be a playmaker! Maybe worth a look but is it even feasible financially? Wallace is gone.

Rick5895
12-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Harvin is a good KR/PR. He excels on the offense because of the presence of ADRIAN PETERSEN. Last time I looked we don't have him in Pittsburgh.
Offensively this team needs a RB, and maybe a WR. Rather than spend the money on Harvin I wold rather drat a player like Denard Robinson of Michigan who translates into the type of player Josh Cribbs or Harvin is. And we could likely get him in the 4th round which would save us the dollars to keep Lewis and perhaps some of our RFA, assuming we make the necessary cuts of our veterans.

pete74
12-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Harvin is awesome but a head case and that's why he won't ever be a Steeler. This guy tore it up all season until he got hurt. He did that with a piece of crap QB and with every defense knowing if the play was a pass he was getting the ball. He is a rare talent that would excel with a good QB but the Steelers won't take a chance on him because of his attitude.

desertsteel
12-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't want anyone who forces their way off their team on the Steelers. The Steelers are a team first organization and we don't need anymore distractions from players that will put themselves ahead of the team (Wallace and Mendenhall).

While that sounds noble it's not reality in today's NFL. It's a business and you can't expect players to not use the leverage they have just like management does.

TRH
12-29-2012, 10:07 AM
We don't pursue most players period.........let alone players like that. He's had some "selfish" issues and conflict. The chance we would pursue him is 0% (and thats on the high end)

StainlessStill
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
If we lose Wallace, it's time to make a splash in Free Agency and go out and bring somebody in that can help out IMMEDIATELY. Our last "splash" type player we brought in that made a difference was Ryan Clark after Hope left. Since then, we never really fully went out and grabbed anybody that came in and plugged a hole almost immediately (maybe Flozell in 2010 is the closest.)

Whether it be an Outside backer, O-lineman, RB or WR, our FO should seriously think of getting help from the outside.

As for our WR's, if/when we lose Wallace, our Week 1, 2013 starters are 1. Brown 2. Sanders 3. Cotchery 4. Burress, (minus Heath with a knee.) Not too sure if those 4 as a group strikes fear in anybody, especially Haley's dink and dunk approach without any feature-back threat.

LayingTheWoodley56
12-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I would take him, the guy is dynamic as hell. The problem in this hypothetical is, that would mean nudging the promising Rainey out of his return roles and diminishing the role of either Brown or Sanders, both of whom I would still like to see develop further.

Are we sure he still wants out of Minnesota after their success this season?

torpedoshell31
12-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Harvin also has a history of severe migraine headaches that makes it impossible for him to play sometimes. He can be perfectly healthy all week long, but come game time if he has a migraine then he's out for the game.

Steel95
12-29-2012, 03:36 PM
This guy wants out of Minnesota and i think he could be had in a Bettis type trade. A third and a 5th maybe.

Thought?

NO! We already have one premodonna, number 17.

TRH
12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
NO! We already have one premodonna, number 17.

"had"..................

lol

PhantomJB93
12-29-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't see how signing Harvin would solve anything. Wallace is a better receiver and Harvin has the same attitude problems.

SteelersCanada
12-29-2012, 07:43 PM
So, you guys want to get rid of Wallace but take on Percy Harvin? I don't understand these boards.

defence
12-29-2012, 09:05 PM
If we lose Wallace, it's time to make a splash in Free Agency and go out and bring somebody in that can help out IMMEDIATELY. Our last "splash" type player we brought in that made a difference was Ryan Clark after Hope left. Since then, we never really fully went out and grabbed anybody that came in and plugged a hole almost immediately (maybe Flozell in 2010 is the closest.)

Whether it be an Outside backer, O-lineman, RB or WR, our FO should seriously think of getting help from the outside.

As for our WR's, if/when we lose Wallace, our Week 1, 2013 starters are 1. Brown 2. Sanders 3. Cotchery 4. Burress, (minus Heath with a knee.) Not too sure if those 4 as a group strikes fear in anybody, especially Haley's dink and dunk approach without any feature-back threat.

Absolutely. the Steelers MUST do something in free agency this year if they want to "reload". Unless you draft in the top 10 ; your pick won't be ready to play next year. They need a rb regardless of who they keep back there. Wallace is gone. And let's be honest; the wr's have not played well this year. If there was a legit star available in the 1st round; I would grab one there. But they have to do something this year in free agency because they have way too many holes to fill.

Hawaii 5-0
12-29-2012, 09:09 PM
So, you guys want to get rid of Wallace but take on Percy Harvin? I don't understand these boards.

makes no sense to me either...:doh:

Justp94
12-29-2012, 09:29 PM
He's a Mike Wallace type of Receiver...

steel striker
12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Does he miss alot of games due to mirgraines?

teegre
12-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Does he miss alot of games due to mirgraines?

He used to.

I, on the other hand, get my migraines AFTER watching games. :wink02:

Steeldude
12-30-2012, 04:19 AM

Thought?

A 3rd and a 5th? No thanks. The guy is a brat