PDA

View Full Version : The Mike Tomlin Show

therocksteeler
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
On the widely known Mike Tomlin Show via Steelers.com. Coach Tomlin went on record when asked about Clevelend no playoff outcome game he stated, " This upcoming game is about our personal relationships with the game of football." Coach I hope you protect our future investments in this team during the game rather than risking health and welfare for personal relationships please.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/The-Mike-Tomlin-Show---Week-17/fd47db5f-8331-4dc5-8c50-ae171ad07a31

Bill Cowher's Jaw
12-30-2012, 10:53 AM
On the widely known Mike Tomlin Show via Steelers.com. Coach Tomlin went on record when asked about Clevelend no playoff outcome game he stated, " This upcoming game is about our personal relationships with the game of football." Coach I hope you protect our future investments in this team during the game rather than risking health and welfare for personal relationships please.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/The-Mike-Tomlin-Show---Week-17/fd47db5f-8331-4dc5-8c50-ae171ad07a31

Oh my god, I don't get this "risk health and welfare" crap. It's a football game. All these guys have been playing in football games their entire lives.

steelerchad
12-30-2012, 11:01 AM
just play the game. Heath suffered a catastrophic knee injury last week. You can never tell when something like that might happen. Heath will likely be ready for next year's opener and that injury is about the worst you could suffer. If anyone gets hurt today, chances are 99% they will be ready to go by next year. With the next game 8 months away, I wouldn't be saving anyone from injury. I would however have a heavy rotation and let some guys who haven't gotten on the field much get some quality hitting in.

SteelersCanada
12-30-2012, 11:08 AM
just play the game. Heath suffered a catastrophic knee injury last week. You can never tell when something like that might happen. Heath will likely be ready for next year's opener and that injury is about the worst you could suffer. If anyone gets hurt today, chances are 99% they will be ready to go by next year. With the next game 8 months away, I wouldn't be saving anyone from injury. I would however have a heavy rotation and let some guys who haven't gotten on the field much get some quality hitting in.

An ACL tear is 12 months for the normal person. Not everyone is an absolute freak like Adrian Peterson and can rehab that injury in 7 months and come back more explosive than ever. That injury was gruesome and is still devastating.

I'm telling you, it'll be 10 - 12 before we see him again.

casteeler
12-30-2012, 12:19 PM
An ACL tear is 12 months for the normal person. Not everyone is an absolute freak like Adrian Peterson and can rehab that injury in 7 months and come back more explosive than ever. That injury was gruesome and is still devastating.

I really hope he makes a faster recovery.

fansince'76
12-30-2012, 12:28 PM

3 letters: H-G-H. There was more to Peterson's recovery than being a "freak."

SteelersCanada
12-30-2012, 12:30 PM
3 letters: H-G-H. There was more to Peterson's recovery than being a "freak."

It's a banned substance - they test for it. I very much doubt the NFL turned a blind eye to him taking a banned substance so he can have the comeback year he has had.

SteelBobbleHead
12-30-2012, 12:32 PM
I am not sure where everyone is getting this 12 month rehab deal. It used to be that way but not anymore. My son completely blew his knee out in May in a high school lacrosse game.....tore both ACL and MCL, meniscus completely gone, and broke both bones in his leg below the knee. He had surgery beginning of June. He started practicing with the basketball team beginning on December. This was big because mentally it showed him the knee would be fine. He will be ready to go this lacrosse season.

fansince'76
12-30-2012, 12:37 PM
It's a banned substance - they test for it. I very much doubt the NFL turned a blind eye to him taking a banned substance so he can have the comeback year he has had.

Not yet, they don't. The league and the player's union agreed in principle in the current CBA that it would be tested for, but have been unable to reach agreement since on the method of testing (link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095557/article/roger-goodell-hgh-testing-hopefully-on-horizon-for-nfl-players)).