PDA

View Full Version : FOR STEELERS FANS ONLY...

meanjoecoop
08-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Anyone else know anything about this book?

Last month I was contacted and interviewed by the author of an upcoming book called "For Steelers Fans Only". The author has written books for several teams under the "For____ Fans Only" title. The book is a compilation of stories about fans in their own words. I just heard that he is having trouble getting enough stories to fill the book and may have to postpone the project. Here is one of the the emails I received:

Steeler Fans:

I'm writing this very long e-mail to ask for your help. I have now conducted over 100 interviews for the book, For Steeler Fans Only, and we should be ready to wrap things up. BUT, Rich is not convinced we have enough real stories to even bring the book out. As of Friday night, he is talking about postponing the release until next year, and moving on to a @#$% Bronco's book. We can't let that happen.

In the body of this e-mail I have copied several stories from For Browns Fans Only, and For Packer Fans Only. Please read these stories over and see if they jog anything in your memories. I'm hoping, that you might have had a similar type of story that we didn't talk about the night I interviewed you, or that these stories will make you think of a friend or a relative that might have a similar story to tell.

We need STORIES!

Time is running out though. I need to have something concrete for Rich by the end of this week. If you have anything you can add, please e-mail me right away. I will do interviews every evening this coming week and next weekend to salvage this book. We can't let the Steeler book get put off. Help me find some stories and let's get For Steeler Fans Only into print by October.

Thanks

Randy

If you are interested in being interviewed you can send your contact info to him at: RJ1978@verizon.net

Thanks!
Meanjoecoop

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Wow...i woulda figured he would have TOO MANY stories from Steelers fans!!!

Wow...

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks for posting this Meanie...I KNOW there have to be some great Steeler stories here! :jammin:

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 01:46 PM
This is too important! I'm bumping it up.