NSMaster56
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
1. Kidding.
2. Kidding.
3. Kidding.

Laughter is the best medicine.

desertsteel
12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
New Year's Eve drinking started already.

SteelersCanada
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Oh my god, thank goodness you're kidding. I was going to openly weep and pray for your soul. I'll admit, you got me.

:drink:

Quackjack
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
1. Re-hire Arians
2. Re-sign/trade for William Gay
3. Bring back Jeff Reed

You're welcome Rooney's.

1. NOOOOOO
2. YESSSSSS
3. NOOOOOO

lipps83
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Good ideas. I think if the Rooney's were to do that we would commence winning Super Bowls every year.

I don't think you would get a team Super Bowl ring, but you might get your name mentioned in the press release.

Justp94
12-31-2012, 12:49 AM
1. Re-hire Arians
3. Bring back Jeff Reed

You're welcome Rooney's.

LMFAO!!! William Gay??? Don't make me laugh! He's given up so many big touchdowns when he was here... and Jeff Reed??? Suisham is more consistent.
Not sure if Arians would even consider coming back...

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 03:20 AM
1. Re-hire Arians
3. Bring back Jeff Reed

You're welcome Rooney's.

Wow what a terrible list! Let me fix it for you!

1. Trade Roethlisberger for 5th rd pick
2. Draft Matt Barkley with 1st pick
3. Use 5th rd pick to draft all-pro number 1 WR

Ricco Suavez
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM

1. You would have no problem with teams lining up.
2. Easy peasy
3. Not so easy

I will file this under "does not have a clue":rofl:

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 05:33 PM
1. You would have no problem with teams lining up.
2. Easy peasy
3. Not so easy

I will file this under "does not have a clue":rofl:

Really? You thought I was being serious? Actually? Are you serious? No. Now you have to be trolling me. My head is going to explode. Can not... figure out... if actually this dumb... or trolling... light... fading...

Ricco Suavez
12-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Really? You thought I was being serious? Actually? Are you serious? No. Now you have to be trolling me. My head is going to explode. Can not... figure out... if actually this dumb... or trolling... light... fading...

So Sorry, how am I or anyone else suppose to know when you are serious, when you post a new trade Ben, or get rid of Ben, or Ben is not as good as Brady or Peyton threads everyday. Its easy to post tongue in cheek posts and the people on the other monitors have trouble picking that up.

Fire Arians
12-31-2012, 06:33 PM

1. trade roethlisberger for the #1 pick
2. trade the #1 pick to the raiders for all their picks this draft, plus their first rounders for the next 2 years
3. trade the #1 pick and next year's #1 pick from the raiders for tom brady
4. trade tom brady for jacksonville's first rounder and next year's first rounder along with their #2 and #3 pick
5. trade our #2 and #3 pick along with jacksonville's rd.1 pick next year for ben roethlisberger back
6. draft manti te'o with the #2 pick in the draft
7. address additional needs with a shitload of picks. thank you ghost of al davis!

sounds simple enough?

harrison'samonster
12-31-2012, 06:50 PM
1. two hard-boiled eggs
2. duct tape: the handy-man's secret weapon
3. two hard-boiled eggs

problem solved

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 09:17 PM
So Sorry, how am I or anyone else suppose to know when you are serious, when you post a new trade Ben, or get rid of Ben, or Ben is not as good as Brady or Peyton threads everyday. Its easy to post tongue in cheek posts and the people on the other monitors have trouble picking that up.

The posts I make are a natural reaction to the "Everyone is to blame but Ben! Ben is a top 5 QB all-time look at his rings! Fire the OC! Ben should throw 50 times a game! I don't care that Roethlisberger already throws more often than Brady, Manning and Rodgers!" threads.

Ricco Suavez
12-31-2012, 09:40 PM
The posts I make are a natural reaction to the "Everyone is to blame but Ben! Ben is a top 5 QB all-time look at his rings! Fire the OC! Ben should throw 50 times a game! I don't care that Roethlisberger already throws more often than Brady, Manning and Rodgers!" threads.

And my reaction was only natural since you take every opportunity to belittle any contribution Ben has made to the success of this franchise. You want him to be Brady and Peyton, Gawd we get it, 30 teams wish they had those two, (perhaps you can get us a DNA sample and we can try to clone one of them ,your choice) You pooh pooh any numbers that compare Bens career up to this point against any other QB up to the same time frame, you talk points one minute and wins the next, and SBs and playoff wins the next. Your hate is much deeper than just his play on the field, he does not "measure" up to your ideal and it pains you that your favorite team has a QB you cannot stand. Get used to it.

Ricco Suavez
12-31-2012, 09:49 PM
In all honesty there are people that do blame everyone but Ben, I am not one. I have stated many times that he is at fault as much as any one when we lose, but in turn i give him credit for past performances. Just as others find no fault in Bens game , You Lloyd, find nothing to credit him with and that amazes me more than any other aspect. Your reasoning that a new OC would magically change Bens style was a pipe dream, at least in one season. Do you not think QBs like Peyton would not bristle under a system that he felt did not use him best, do you think there have been no blow ups on the sidelines of the Patriots with Brady. I am a realist, at least as real to know that one man does not win NFL games on his own and while errors at the end of games can be construed as one man losses, there is always the errors that the fan are not aware of , missed assignments, wrong routes, missed blocks, wrong plays called at the wrong time. Yea there are apologists, just like there are haters.

Corey120120
12-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Why would you take someone on the internet seriously?

lloydwoodson
01-01-2013, 04:15 AM
And my reaction was only natural since you take every opportunity to belittle any contribution Ben has made to the success of this franchise. You want him to be Brady and Peyton, Gawd we get it, 30 teams wish they had those two, (perhaps you can get us a DNA sample and we can try to clone one of them ,your choice) You pooh pooh any numbers that compare Bens career up to this point against any other QB up to the same time frame, you talk points one minute and wins the next, and SBs and playoff wins the next. Your hate is much deeper than just his play on the field, he does not "measure" up to your ideal and it pains you that your favorite team has a QB you cannot stand. Get used to it.

Don't want a Manning. Don't want a high scoring offense. Want a reasonable offense that executes and can consistently score 24-27 points.

That would be a very good offense for this team and it is attainable.

From 2004-2007 the scoring offense finished no worse than 12th in the league.

From 2008-2012 the scoring offense finished no better than 12th in the league.

The more control Ben gets the worse the offense/team does. Period.

Steelers offense has now finished 20th or worse in 3 of the last 5 seasons.

The team was doing fine until Roethlisberger got hurt, scoring 23.9 ppg.

Roethlisberger needs to shut up and play the damn game.

That's all I want. I want the 100 million dollar man to work hard and not complain to the media. I think for 12 million a year the Steelers deserve at least that.

ricardisimo
01-01-2013, 05:02 AM
1. trade roethlisberger for the #1 pick
2. trade the #1 pick to the raiders for all their picks this draft, plus their first rounders for the next 2 years
3. trade the #1 pick and next year's #1 pick from the raiders for tom brady
4. trade tom brady for jacksonville's first rounder and next year's first rounder along with their #2 and #3 pick
5. trade our #2 and #3 pick along with jacksonville's rd.1 pick next year for ben roethlisberger back
6. draft manti te'o with the #2 pick in the draft
7. address additional needs with a shitload of picks. thank you ghost of al davis!

sounds simple enough?
I think #8 would be packaging Te'o with all of those extra picks to get Ben back.

NSMaster56
01-01-2013, 11:53 AM
two hard-boiled eggs

Classic! :chuckle:

lloydwoodson
01-02-2013, 01:35 AM
In all seriousness the Steelers already "fixed" the Steelers when they FINALLY focused on the OL last draft. As soon as Arians left they stopped drafting receivers and drafted OL 1 and 2. Drafting receivers is for the Detroit Lions.

Back to power football!

:tt04:

PhantomJB93
01-02-2013, 02:26 AM
1. Fire Tomlin
2. Trade Ben
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

ricardisimo
01-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Fear
Surprise
Ruthless efficiency
An almost fanatical devotion to the Pope
Nice red uniforms
I'll come in again...

harrison'samonster
01-03-2013, 07:38 AM
comfy pillows...

ricardisimo
01-03-2013, 11:29 PM
comfy pillows...
Have you got all the stuffing up at one end?

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
1. Fire Tomlin
2. Trade Ben
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

:applaudit:

Blacksburg Zach
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
1.Fire Tomlin and hire Whisenhunt
2.Release or Trade Ben
3.Fire Haley and hire Turner
4.Repeat the quarterback and coaching carousel, since it's obviously the right way to build a contender. Just ask the Oakland Raiders or the Cleveland Browns. After all, they are perennial powerhouses in the NFL.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-04-2013, 05:40 PM
In all seriousness the Steelers already "fixed" the Steelers when they FINALLY focused on the OL last draft. As soon as Arians left they stopped drafting receivers and drafted OL 1 and 2. Drafting receivers is for the Detroit Lions.

Back to power football!

I think this is pretty close to the truth.

We have most of the pieces to the puzzle, they either just need some experience, or need to stay healthy.

The lineup of Starks/Adams - Colon/Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Gilbert/Beachum is pretty convicning, we just need to keep these guys upright next year and allow them some playing time together, which they never got with half the team on IR.

GoFor7
01-04-2013, 10:21 PM

Back to power football!

Back to 8-8 again next season then.

lloydwoodson
01-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Back to 8-8 again next season then.

Looks like GoFor7 is hoping the team loses. Looks like GoFor7 would rather lose as a team if it means Ben shines.

You want the team to lose just so you can be right. That is sad but it explains why you empathize with Ben so much.

steelfury02
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
balance - that's what I want

ETL
01-05-2013, 07:14 PM
1. Re-hire Arians
3. Bring back Jeff Reed

http://images.bwwstatic.com/upload2/57736/tn-500_pjz_jun25_09_stonewall_recreation_0206-edit.jpg

http://outhistory.org/wiki/images/d/da/Gay_Is_Good.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20358969.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdqqhv8YZn1qdo8t2o1_250.jpg