PDA

View Full Version : Now... for whom to root?

teegre
12-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Since the Steelers are out of the play-offs, for whom will you root?

I am looking forward to a Luck versus P.Manning AFCCG, with the youngin' taking down his predecessor.

I'd love to see a Minnesota at Seattle NFCCG... with AP rushing for 205 yards & the win.

Indy over Minn (or Sea): 24-17.

[Note: I'd take pretty much anyone except the Taperiots or Ravens... and probably not the Packers, unless they go up against one of those two aforementioned hated teams.]

Go Colts!!!

Darkstorm05
12-31-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm sorting it out by who to root against...

1) Patriots: Brady wearing Bradshaw's number and having as many SB rings would be the worst thing to happen in the modern NFL.

2) SF: Another team with 6 SB wins to their name? Pass.

3) Ravens: Duh.

4) Packers: Hate. Keep on showing that discount double check commercial in Pittsburgh, I'm sure it's getting you lots of new business.

Note that the Bengals aren't listed. No need to even bother there.

SteelersCanada
12-31-2012, 01:00 AM
I'll go with the 'Skins or Seahawks. I like Pete Carrol and I like RG3. But, I agree with Darkstorm about the rest. Oh, and to add a reason not to cheer for the 49ers - I don't want a Harbaugh winning anything in this league. Because, well, fuck that. But, sadly, the Patriots are going to beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Pats 35 - Packers 24

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
12-31-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm rooting for the Vikings. AP is my favorite non-Steeler player in the league and they're enough of an underdog for me to get behind them.

And as long as Indy bounces the Ratbirds, it's all good in my hood

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm cheering for the Donkeys because no NFL qb has ever won a superbowl with 2 different teams. I would like to see that happen. I also think John Fox is a highly underrated coach who deserves success after years of unrewarding hard work with the terrible Panthers.

In the NFC I am cheering for Seattle or Washington. I want the rookies to do well.

I am cheering for the Ravens to expose the Colts. I want them to win by at least 3 tds. I am tired of hearing how great Luck is when he has been thoroughly outplayed by Wilson and RGIII who both had MUCH MUCH MUCH harder schedules. I also hate Arians and blame him for nurturing the complacency and arrogance that exists in Roethlisberger and Wallace.

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 01:05 AM
I'll go with the 'Skins or Seahawks. I like Pete Carrol and I like RG3. But, I agree with Darkstorm about the rest. Oh, and to add a reason not to cheer for the 49ers - I don't want a Harbaugh winning anything in this league. Because, well, fuck that. But, sadly, the Patriots are going to beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Pats 35 - Packers 24

Broncos 27 Niners 17

steve314
12-31-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm sorting it out by who to root against...

1) Patriots: Brady wearing Bradshaw's number and having as many SB rings would be the worst thing to happen in the modern NFL.

2) SF: Another team with 6 SB wins to their name? Pass.

3) Ravens: Duh.

4) Packers: Hate. Keep on showing that discount double check commercial in Pittsburgh, I'm sure it's getting you lots of new business.

Note that the Bengals aren't listed. No need to even bother there.

Agree. Would prefer Texans rather than Broncos or Colts in AFC.
Any of ATL, WAS, SEA would be OK in NFC.

PhantomJB93
12-31-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm rooting for the Broncos, Seahawks, Colts, and Vikings, in that order.

And the teams I'm rooting against are the Ravens, Redskins, 49ers, Bungals, and Patriots.

pete74
12-31-2012, 04:33 AM
I have been rooting for the Broncos all year and will continue. I said before the season, if steelers can't win the super bowl I hope Manning takes it.

BritishSteel
12-31-2012, 05:14 AM
ravens obviously need to go out early but them and the bungles seem unlikely to get as far as the championship game so who really cares?

Can't root for any of the NFC teams so probably the Texans or the Colts are the least objectionable.

plenewken
12-31-2012, 06:53 AM
Penguins

steelerchad
12-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Hope the Ravens get beat in the first round.
Hope the Texans win and go beat the Pats in the divisional.
Guess I'm pulling for Indy, fat chance they go all the way though.
NFC- Give me Skins, 49ers, and Pack losses and I'll be happy.

The_Joker
12-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Went back to my Miami Heat, but if you mean NFL...

Hail to the hometown Redskins.

Fire Haley
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Colts and Skins in the SB!

torpedoshell31
12-31-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll root for the Seahawks, but I think Peyton is going to win it all.

harrison'samonster
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
If the Steelers aren't in the playoffs, I usually root for the underdogs in each game. makes for a pretty depressing playoffs. As for the SB, I would definitely like to see some team that hasn't won recently to make it and win.

Bayz101
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
If the Steelers aren't in the playoffs, I usually root for the underdogs in each game. makes for a pretty depressing playoffs. As for the SB, I would definitely like to see some team that hasn't won recently to make it and win.

This.

I'm pulling for the Texans, Vikings or Redskins.

NSMaster56
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
As a Pac NW'er, there's a soft spot in my heart for the Seahawks (Seattle deserves a championship).

With my father being a 49ers fan, it's tough not to respect them (and how they remind me of the 90's Steelers).

Being a lover of the game, it's tough to not root for Peyton Manning in general.

As a member of a proud fanbase of a team with a storied history, it's always nice to see a team like the Pack win one, too.

The rest are take or leave (although it would be 'nice' to see young new young blood like ATL or HOU take it, too, I guess).

NSMaster56
12-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Penguins

With the lockout, you obviously mean Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. ;)

DoctorCAD
12-31-2012, 11:01 AM
None of them. If we can't win, then nobody should win!

Lady Steel
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
I haven't decided yet who I am rooting for. I haven't yet wrapped my head around the Steelers not being in the playoffs.

I know for a fact I won't be rooting for the Bengals, Patriots or Ravens. Is that wrong of me? :laughing:

SteelBlaze1
12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Being in Oregon, people around here like the Seahawks and Niners, but I have been a lifelong Steelers fan.

Now that Pittsburgh is out, I will root for anyone beating the Patriots and Ravens, but will probably root for Denver and Houston (new blood) in the AFC and the Seahawks and Vikings in the NFC.

I am happy that the Giants did not make the playoffs and just hope the Patriots don't make it to the SB. If the Steelers can't go, then I would like to see some new teams in the SB.

fansince'76
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
As a Pac NW'er, there's a soft spot in my heart for the Seahawks (Seattle deserves a championship).

Think so?

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2020010620_taketwo28.html

Yeah, real "classy" bunch. Not to mention the terminal case of PMS they've been suffering from for the last 7 years. Personally, I hope they get bounced in the first game.

GMU Steeler
12-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Hmmm let me go over these team by team.
AFC
1.) Broncos- Wouldn't kill me I guess if they won. Yes, they've given our team a hard time the past two years. But I like Peyton and I like teams that play outside.
2.) Patriots: Forget about it. I hate them.
3.) Texans: Probably the least offensive option in the AFC. Too bad they've got a good chance to be eliminated in Round 1.
4.) Ravens: See the Pats- forget about it but especially because they're a division rival.
5.) Colts: It wouldn't totally bother me. Luck's a good kid and Pagano's a nice story.
6.) Bengals: See the Ravens and Pats, no way would I root for a division rival to win the whole thing. Though Dalton-Green annoys me less than Palmer-Johnson did because they seem more likable.
So AFC: Texans
NFC
1.) Falcons: Really wouldn't bother me. Ryan's a good kid but this team always seems to choke when it matters.
2.) Niners: Do not want for the simple reason that they'd have six SB wins and the Harbaugh factor. Other than that, they really don't bother me.
3.) Packers: I don't hate or dislike them but meh.
4.) Redskins: I don't even dislike their players outside of Deangelo Hall but their fans are insufferable and acting like they're the greatest thing ever now. So yes I admit it, I rooted for the Cowboys last night simply because of that.
5.) Seahawks: I'd find it easy to root for them if their fans weren't like the Redskins insufferable but I like Russell Wilson and feel bad that he seems to be the forgotten story. No disrespect to RGIII but I think Wilson is an even better story.
6.) Vikings: Run Adrian Run. Seriously I know nothing about these guys outside of Peterson who is having a year to remember.
So NFC- Falcons
Texans-Falcons SB: I'd root for a great game but ultimately the Texans to come out on top to give the AFC some pride. Really wish our guys were in it even if as the sixth seed.

Blacksburg Zach
12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Not really rooting for anybody in particular, but I do have a list of teams that I will root against.

Ratbirds-For obvious reasons
Pats-Again, obvious
Bungals-Even if they have been irrelevant for most of their existence, they are still a division rival, and I still hate them
49ers-Don't want them to have six lombardis, nor do I want a Harbaugh to have a Super Bowl ring
Packers- Admittedly, I am still bitter about Super Bowl xlv, plus I am annoyed from seeing consistent packers commercials
Seahawks-I hate their whiny fans who still bitch about Super Bowl xl, but are the first to justify the fail Mary game.

The_Joker
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Broncos- I would love to see Peyton get another one, I love the Manning bros
Patriots- My best friend is a Pats fan, so nooooooooooo thank you
Texans- Bleh. To bland.
Ravens- I wouldn't really care actually if it wasn't for that punk Harbaugh
Colts- Seeing Pagano win would be nice, but Arians? Iffy here.
Bengals- I like AJ Green and Dalton, so actually I would like them to win.

Falcons- Bleh. Also bland.
49ers- Other Harbaugh can suck it to.
Packers- Hell no! I despise them, and not just because of SB45... which I still am bitter over.
Redskins- YES. Alfred Morris and RG3 are my fav non Steelers.
Seahawks- I like their players, but not their fans. Don't care.
Vikings- Also yes. Go Big Pete!

OliverPoop
12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
As much as I hate them you know Patriots are going to end up there yet again. Thank you Houston for screwing up and making it even easier for them by giving them the bye week.

Denver got beat by NE pretty handily in the regular season so not buying that hype. And I don't want to see another Pats-Rats matchup cause obvious hatred for both.

NFC I'm thinking Seattle as the dark horse.

NSMaster56
12-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Think so?

Yeah, real "classy" bunch. Not to mention the terminal case of PMS they've been suffering from for the last 7 years. Personally, I hope they get bounced in the first game.

Eh, every fanbase has D-bags.

The problem with Seattle fans are that they haven't won anything since 1979 and that team was stolen (the Sonics) from them.

The M's are a West-coast version of the Pirates (right down to the inept ownership), the MLS Sounders can't 'get over the hump' and the once-proud UW program has been reduced to mediocrity (at best).

Their last meaningful championships were UW in 90/91 (a tie for #1, I believe) and the WBNA...

Then factor in the general depressing effects of rain and overcast skies and it makes for a volatile situation.

Seattle fans are among the most intelligent, passionate and, despite being little bitches about losing XL to the Steelers, are genearlly a good bunch.

LambertWardSteel
12-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Anyone but the Pats*, Ravens, Pack, 49ers, or Cncy. I'm hoping Peyton puts another notch on the Manning brothers belt and keeps NE from getting there.

WVABE
12-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Both teams are in the playoffs from my pre-season pics (packers/Texans),
but I'm gonna root for the Vicking's.
Gotta root for the qb that everyone says that sucks.

plenewken
12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
With the lockout, you obviously mean Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. ;)

I think the lock-out will end in the coming days. Fingers crossed.

ETL
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
I would love the Broncos to win the year after they jettisoned Tebow, just so it is a slam dunk common knowledge that Tebow is a useless QB.

Blacksburg Zach
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM
I would love the Broncos to win the year after they jettisoned Tebow, just so it is a slam dunk common knowledge that Tebow is a useless QB.

I don't think anything will convince the Tebow tards that he is a useless "QB." Every time anybody says anything critical about their beloved Timmy, they always say, "But all he does is win blah blah blah. He beat the Steelers blah blah blah." Yet they are quick to forget that the Patriots shat all over Tebow immediately afterwards as their beloved Timmy couldn't move the ball against a historically awful New England pass defense. They can't seem to grasp the concept that most of the Broncos' wins were in spite of Tebow, and were won on the strength of their defense and Matt Prater's right leg, and I don't think they ever will, even with a Broncos Super Bowl victory.

OX1947
12-31-2012, 05:13 PM
My hope is for a Broncos vs 49ers Super Bowl. Broncos avenge their 55-10 drubbing in SB 24.
Manning becomes the greatest QB of all time.

sluggermatt15
12-31-2012, 06:06 PM
I will probably root for the underdog teams - Washington, Seattle, Minnesota, Cincinnati. Yes, Cincinnati. They are a young team with a lot of upside, and despite that they are a rival, I would like them to succeed so it makes the Steelers/Bengals games more exciting and competitive. I know Pittsburgh has dominated the series as of late, but for a REAL rivalry both teams need to beat each other, much like how the teams split this season.

Peterson is a great story and I wish he would have gotten the rushing record. The man deserves it. People aren't really giving the Vikings a chance. I think if Ponder can make some throws they'll be in good shape.

RG3 is an amazing guy to watch. Plus, the Redskins haven't done much since before 2000. I'd like to see them make a run with all their young stars and patch work defense.

Fire Arians
12-31-2012, 06:28 PM
i'm going for the dark horse team. seahawks!

also to prove that wilson > RG3 or maybe even luck

VictoryFormation
12-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Discount Double Check... for as much as State Farm has spent on that advertising champagne, it has got to be one of the most ineffective in history. The commercials are entertaining at first, but the viewer doesn't remember the name of the company, or discount double check until they run it past you 25 times. Then, you wonder what is the big deal about a discount double check. All insurance companies offer discounts.

The Colts need to beat the crap out of the Ravens!

xbroughneck
12-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Redskins.

Ground n Pound offense. Electric young QB.

Blackout
12-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Fuck the Broncos.

Cherinko
12-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Denver
Houston
Indy
Redskins
Vikings

Anyone other than those 6 and I'll be sad.

sluggermatt15
01-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Redskins.

Ground n Pound offense. Electric young QB.

RG3 and Alfred Morris have been a total surprise on the ground this year. I know Morris won't be considered for the ROY award, but I think he should at least be an honorable mention or talked about. Perfect example of a guy coming from out of nowhere and playing hard. I love it.

Quasar
01-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll be rooting for the Falcons over the Texans in the Super Bowl. Definitely don't want to see the Patriots, 49ers or Packers crowned again. Less so Manning, the Ravens or Bengals. So Seattle, Minnesota, Washington, and Indianapolis would be better than others.

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 03:57 PM
My rooting interest order of teams I want to see eliminated:

1. Ravens Lose
2. Patriots Lose
3. 49ers Lose
4. Bengals Lose
5. Packers Lose
6. Broncos Lose

Teams that I don't mind seeing advance:

1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Redskins
4. Vikings
5. Falcons

Team that I am rooting for to win the Super Bowl:

Seattle Seahawks

I wouldn't be completely stunned if this were the year of 4 road winners in the first round:

Bengals, Colts, Seahawks, Vikings

AFC Title Game: Broncos vs. Patriots (Hate it, but I think this is what will happen)

NFC Title Game: Seahawks vs. Packers (Hawks end up with NFC Title Home game and win it)

Can't divorce my desire from this pick so: Hawks defeat AFC Champion to win the Super Bowl

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Think so?

I am a lifelong Steeler fan. I think the Steeler's deserved that Super Bowl. But if you don't admit that there were some garbage calls against the Hawks, you are a blind homer. That is a city that has never won an NFL title. To feel like you had your shot severely impacted by refs would hack anyone off. I cut them some slack.

Plus, I'm sorry but that article was written by a naive soccer mom who doesn't have a clue about the passion of sports and what happens when you wear enemy colors into another stadium. It's a whiney article. I am not justifying the behavior, I am just saying, wake up, and welcome to the real world.

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM

Groundless hater. Why hate that guy? He isn't the media.

austinfrench76
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I hope to see a Houston-Minnesota SB. Just 2 team's that I could care less about!

fansince'76
01-01-2013, 08:21 PM
I am a lifelong Steeler fan. I think the Steeler's deserved that Super Bowl. But if you don't admit that there were some garbage calls against the Hawks, you are a blind homer. That is a city that has never won an NFL title. To feel like you had your shot severely impacted by refs would hack anyone off. I cut them some slack.

Plus, I'm sorry but that article was written by a naive soccer mom who doesn't have a clue about the passion of sports and what happens when you wear enemy colors into another stadium. It's a whiney article. I am not justifying the behavior, I am just saying, wake up, and welcome to the real world.

I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it if they saved their vitriol for Leavy and his crew and laid off the Steelers as an organization, the Rooneys, and Jerome Bettis. I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of their pissing and moaning about some bullshit conspiracy where the Rooneys bought off the refs so the Bus could win the Super Bowl in his hometown.

Here's another slice of reality: NFL officiating sucks. For everybody. And has for as long as I can remember.

And finally, as far as them winning it all is concerned, you do have a point. Maybe if they did win it all they might finally shut the fuck up about it.

GMU Steeler
01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it if they saved their vitriol for Leavy and his crew and laid off the Steelers as an organization, the Rooneys, and Jerome Bettis. I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of their pissing and moaning about some bullshit conspiracy where the Rooneys bought off the refs so the Bus could win the Super Bowl in his hometown.

Here's another slice of reality: NFL officiating sucks. For everybody. And has for as long as I can remember.

And finally, as far as them winning it all is concerned, you do have a point. Maybe if they did win it all they might finally shut the fuck up about it.

You nailed it. It was the bitching about the Steelers org, Rooneys, and Bettis that made me dislike them. Their players never really bothered me and none of the players from that 2005 team are there now from what I understand so it's definitely not their players.

zcoop
01-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Nobody, but if the Skins, Seahawks or Colts (Young QBs) win, I won't be mad.

ETL
01-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Groundless hater. Why hate that guy? He isn't the media.

Groundless liker. Why like the guy? Why not like the 3rd string QB on the Vikings or some other team.

Blacksburg Zach
01-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Groundless liker. Why like the guy? Why not like the 3rd string QB on the Vikings or some other team.

The sad thing is, the Vikings' third string QB is probably a better passer than Tebow.

GMU Steeler
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM

Heh so true. I don't hate Tebow but I don't get the blind love for him either. There are a lot of good guys in this league. To me though, Tebow's never really been the problem. It's the people telling me I "have" to like him. Meh.

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 10:31 PM

LOL. Okay, I hear ya! :applaudit:

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 10:33 PM

Well, I didn't actually say I did like the guy. What's your deal hating a 3rd string QB for the Jets? Why do you care? The Tebow hate is just as stupid and misplaced as Tebow mania...you are the very thing that you hate. :rofl:

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 10:36 PM
The sad thing is, the Vikings' third string QB is probably a better passer than Tebow.

So why don't you come on here and express hate for him? I mean cmon, lets all hate the vikings freaking 3rd string QB. That guys sucks. Why is he even in the NFL? I just hate that guy. BTW, who is he? Oh, and that linebacker on the Panthers practice squad...gotta hate that guy too.

ETL
01-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Well, I didn't actually say I did like the guy. What's your deal hating a 3rd string QB for the Jets? Why do you care? The Tebow hate is just as stupid and misplaced as Tebow mania...you are the very thing that you hate. :rofl:

Then why do you care if I express dislike for a holier-than-thou idiot.

JeromeBetties63
01-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Then why do you care if I express dislike for a holier-than-thou idiot.

I knew it...you uncovered your bias. Show me one quote by the man himself that is "holier than thou". And, as I said, I find the ridiculous hate exactly as nauseating as the adoration. You are what you despise! :flap:

desertsteel
01-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I'll pull for Seahawks, Skins and Colts... all underdogs with no bad blood against the Steelers

Hawaii 5-0
01-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I'll pull for Seahawks, Skins and Colts... all underdogs with no bad blood against the Steelers

the Seahawks have bad blood against us...

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000249377/polls_ref_5636_871808_answer_2_xlarge.bmp

desertsteel
01-01-2013, 10:59 PM
the Seahawks have bad blood against us...

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000249377/polls_ref_5636_871808_answer_2_xlarge.bmp

Meh. I don't really consider the PI call a matter of bad blood. That's more against the officials than the Steelers.

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm surprised so many are rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Although I was glad Eli and the NY Football Giants beat Marsha Brady and the Patricheats last year, I couldn't care less if I saw either of the Manning boys again. Or their daddy. :thmbdown:

Hawaii 5-0
01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm surprised so many are rooting for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Although I was glad Eli and the NY Football Giants beat Marsha Brady and the Patricheats last year, I couldn't care less if I saw either of the Manning boys again. Or their daddy. :thmbdown:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51031DQEEpL.jpg

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 12:28 AM
:applaudit: :thmbup:

Hawaii 5-0
01-02-2013, 12:36 AM

Archie Manning Says the Colts Would be Stupid to Draft Andrew Luck

FoxSports – Back in 2004, Archie Manning actively tried to keep son Eli from being drafted by the then-hapless San Diego Chargers, who held the top overall pick…

Sounds like Archie might again be dispensing advice regarding a No. 1 overall pick … though this time it’s directed to the Colts, longtime employers of one of Archie’s other sons, four-time MVP Peyton. Archie Manning was asked on FOXSports radio Tuesday if Indianapolis should draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck with the top pick next spring. “I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” he said regarding Peyton and Luck. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player … he can walk right in (and play)

…We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year,” said Archie Manning, referring to the family’s offseason passing academy in Louisiana. He and Luck’s father, Oliver, were also teammates on the Houston Oilers in the 1980s.

“Peyton’s always tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. (But) I doubt if either one of them want to play on the same team.”

With friends like these, who needs enemies, huh? Is there no end to the Manning family’s sense of entitlement? Archie in particular? The NFL created a monster with this guy when they caved into his demands in that ’04 draft. I mean, it’s one thing if he had Andrew Luck’s best interest at heart, came out and said he’d like to see things work out for the son of an old teammate. But this isn’t about that. This is 100% about him worried about someone younger and healthier coming along and taking his kid’s job. Not what’s best for Luck. And certainly not what’s best for the team that’s kissed Peyton and Archie’s asses all these years and made Peyton the richest player in the history of the NFL. Archie could give a rat’s taint if the Colts pass on a once-in-a-generation college QB only to find out Peyton is finished. He only cares about his own. He’s the geriatric version of a Pop Warner dad who thinks his kid should be the quarterback, the good of the team be damned. Look, it might or might not be the smart move for Indy to take Luck. But that’s their call to make. It’s not up to the doting father of their rapidly aging, possibly finished franchise player.

But sports parents like stage parents need to learn that even their precious little snowflake will get replaced eventually and there’s no use crying about it.

Now I know where Peyton gets it from...

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/archie-manning-says-the-colts-would-be-stupid-to-draft-andrew-luck/

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 12:42 AM
See? Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about? :laughing: But now you're just trying to get me all riled up. It worked. GO COLTS! :chuckle:

teegre
01-02-2013, 12:46 AM
See? Sometimes I actually know what I'm talking about? :laughing: But now you're just trying to get me all riled up. It worked. GO COLTS! :chuckle:

Even more reason to see Luck defeat his predecessor.

[Note: Luck's parents & the Mannings are actually friends. Peyton mentored Luck. But, still... I'd love to see Luck take out Peyton.]

bornaSteelersfan
01-02-2013, 01:15 AM
I think the most interesting story would be if Andrew Luck and The Colts won the AFC and RGIII and The Redskins won the NFC. Then The Redskins because a Super Bowl should not be won by Luck.

teegre
01-02-2013, 01:19 AM
I think the most interesting story would be if Andrew Luck and The Colts won the AFC and RGIII and The Redskins won the NFC. Then The Redskins because a Super Bowl should not be won by Luck.

1. That would indeed be a great match-up.

2. I bet we see that match-up at least once before those two retire.

3. Very punny: "not won by Luck."

(Go Colts!!!)

NSMaster56
01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Meh. I don't really consider the PI call a matter of bad blood. That's more against the officials than the Steelers.

Logically, you are correct.

But come up to the Pac NW and sport Steelers gear and you'll realize that logic doesn't triumph.

teegre
01-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Logically, you are correct.

But come up to the Pac NW and sport Steelers gear and you'll realize that logic doesn't triumph.

I walked inot a sports-bar, and has to discuss (debunk) a Seahawk's gripes for an hour... and this was less than a year ago. They haves NOT let go of it.

But, go Russell Wilson!!!

steelfury02
01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
yea, the Seahawk fans seem to glance over Jerramy Stevens' 25 yard, 3 key drops performance that meant more to their downfall than the officials. They pulled out their best Cowboys XIII performance

If I had to pick the XLVII matchup, I'd go with

Bengals v. Seahawks witih Seahawks winning their 1st lombardi - I want some young guns to win it, and more selfishly, I don't want any other winners inching closer to matching a Steeler milestone.

Think about it - 3 rookie QBs and 2 2nd year QBs - 1 of those QBs is going to the SB IMO.

Yup - stickin with that prediction for who I'd like to see. Now, what I think will happen?

Denver v. Niners with Peyton on too much of a mission for anyone to handle.

NSMaster56
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
yea, the Seahawk fans seem to glance over Jerramy Stevens' 25 yard, 3 key drops performance that meant more to their downfall than the officials. They pulled out their best Cowboys XIII performance

Exactly.

They also forget the SB record TD run that they allowed to Fast Willie and how they were on the verge of falling behind 21-3 before Ben let them back in the game by throwing a terrible INT.

They're good fans, just NEVER bring up that game. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Go Colts!

Knock Ray Ray and Ed Reed both into retirement