PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' 'Jerk' hot line gets mixed signals in debut

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Most of the people who called the Cincinnati Bengals' new hot line for reporting unruly fans just wanted to see if it worked -- or hung up.

LOL....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2549969

steveironcity
08-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Pathetic!!!! I heard when you call this guy answers the calls as part of his punishment. http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/12/15/eve/henrymuga.jpg

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 03:23 PM
After the rude and ill mannered way that the Bengal fans treated Jerome Bettis...maybe they should re-think the whole thing anyway! :dang:

BB2W
08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
:laughing:

Chronicgaming
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
After the rude and ill mannered way that the Bengal fans treated Jerome Bettis...maybe they should re-think the whole thing anyway! :dang:

True, it would have been funny to see Jerome call the hotline on live TV.

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
True, it would have been funny to see Jerome call the hotline on live TV.Good idea! :smile:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Not realy a surprise.

The hotline won't make it through the season.

I love how in the article he says:

Bedinghaus said that's likely to cause complaints, "but we're not going to put 25 people down there to answer phone calls." If the line is busy, fans can ask a security guard or police officer for help

Well,isn't that what they are there for in the first place?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2006, 09:41 AM
WHY THE JERK LINE WONT WORK IN CINCY

RINNNNNGGGGG.....RINNNNGGGGGG

Operator: "Jerk hotline..how can I help you"

Bengal fan: "Is this the Jerk hotline?"

Operator: "Uhhhh....yea. How can I help you?"

Bengal fan: "Yes..Is this the Jerk hotline?"

Operator: "Yes sir, How can I help you?"

Bengal fan: "I would like the number to the jerk hotline."

Operator: "Sir!..you have the hotline...can I help you with something?"

Bengal fan: (pause)..."So this is the number I call if someone is being rude?"

Operator: "YES...Can you tell me what is going on?"

Bengal fan: "Excuse me?..I can hardly hear you..I am at a ballgame."

Operator: "Sir, I know you are at a ballgame...what is the problem?"

Bengal fan: "One second.....*Fred, can you yell at the vendor and get me a beer?...No,... bud light...thanks.* ...Okay, is this the jerk hotline?

Operator: (click)....(dial-tone)

ARKIESTEEL
08-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I think we should all take turns calling that # from pay phones

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
I think we should all take turns calling that # from pay phones

I say we let the Bengal fans talk to them...why double the average IQ of their callers?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I say we let the Bengal fans talk to them...why double the average IQ of their callers?

Don't you mean triple?

HburgXL06
08-17-2006, 02:28 PM
One security guard manned the hot line's sole telephone during the game. The line doesn't have call waiting or voicemail, so some fans might have gotten a busy signal.

Bedinghaus said that's likely to cause complaints, "but we're not going to put 25 people down there to answer phone calls." If the line is busy, fans can ask a security guard or police officer for help.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose? In a stadium of 60,000 they have one man by one phone? The reason they stated that the JERK Hotline was put into place was so they could prevent activity by unruly fans easier.....seemingly by not makin fans have to get out of their seat or flag down a police or security officer. At this point this idea sounds like more of a feel good thing for the fans and the franchise than an actual plan to reduce activity of unruly fans.

BuFu