PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Coaching Changes

Darkstorm05
12-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Let's get away from some of the nonsensical coaching talk, and look at a coaching change that could be very possible...Special Teams. Our ST players ranked first in the league for bed shitting, IMO.

Almost every good kick or punt return this year was negated by a stupid penalty...moronic shit, that half the time wasn't even near the ball carrier. We constantly allowed opposing teams to run it back on us, setting up short fields. We also repeatedly got gouged by High School playbook fake punts, fake kicks, and whatever other silly shit coaches decided to roll out on us.

I know Amos had this dropped in his lap with little warning, but does it really take that long to discipline the 3 guys who held on almost every single punt return? So, how do you feel about the ST coaching, and if you'd make a change, who would you want to get the job?

VaDave
12-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Bobby April, the best ST coach we ever had, is availible...

TRH
12-31-2012, 03:39 PM
special teams
strength & conditioning

I agree - enough of the looney-bin and delusion talk of head coach, OC, and DC

GMU Steeler
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Special Teams. Still don't know why the guy was fired. But his replacement just didn't cut it. If you can get April, go for it.
Strength and Conditioning: Non-sexy as it gets but let's face it. We've been crippled by injuries the past two years. And while that's no excuse, I'm convinced we're looking at a playoff game next week if we had been more healthy.
O-Line: Kugler took that job. I'd look for someone who's coached a physical line that allows few sacks and is good at creating holes. Who that maybe be? I haven't a clue.
Other than that, I think we're good.

Fire Arians
12-31-2012, 03:55 PM
bob ligashesky

AgentGold007
12-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Jeff Hartings for o-line coach.

steelerchad
12-31-2012, 04:52 PM
bob ligashesky

why did Tomlin fire this guy? Our kick coverage was totally fixed by this guy a couple of years back. He's coaching special teams in Tampa and since Tomlin fired him, I doubt he'd come back or be wanted back.

OX1947
12-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Word is AZ will look at Todd Haley. If Haley leaves, get Norv Turner. Other then that, if you can get April, even better.

defence
12-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Word is AZ will look at Todd Haley. If Haley leaves, get Norv Turner. Other then that, if you can get April, even better.

Haley to arizona!!! I can only dream!!

teegre
12-31-2012, 08:12 PM

Norv!!!

steeltheone
12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Norv!!!

Just what we need, another unmotivated coach on the sidelines..

bornaSteelersfan
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
What about bringing back Chan Gailey as OC if Haley leaves (Haley then Gailey..hehe)?

teegre
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Just what we need, another unmotivated coach on the sidelines..

As an OC, Norv is great.

Ricco Suavez
12-31-2012, 10:51 PM
If Haley leaves would Kirby Wilson not be a candidate, I mean he was before his injury last year. I am not in love with Haleys concepts but I would rather have him another year and try to get some cohesiveness. Three OC in three years, not a good idea. Still think him and Ben can meet in the middle after this first year, if both are stubborn then we will see more of this past year. Haley reminded me of Arians alot other than the deep ball, when Arians did run he would run on first down or not at all. Remember Jets playoffs, ran the ball first half, Jets adjusted and Arians ran first two downs on every series second half and forced Ben to have to pass on third down. Jacksonville playoff game, Ben throw 3 picks first half, comes all the way back and takes the lead and we are one first down from closing out the game and Arians runs three straight times and the rest is history.

teegre
01-01-2013, 12:06 AM
If Haley leaves would Kirby Wilson not be a candidate, I mean he was before his injury last year.

True. Before the fire, Wilson was Wilson was the front-runner for the new OC spot. It should be interesting to see what will transpire (should Haley go to Arizona).

lloydwoodson
01-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Todd Haley is the best OC in NFL history! Haley will be LeBeau- a Steeler till hes 75+.

Go Haley! Nothing is your fault! Everything is everyone else's fault!

:tt04::tt02::tt04::tt02::tt04:

(I approach OCs the same way everyone else approaches QBs)

:toofunny:

lloydwoodson
01-01-2013, 12:43 AM

I don't know why Haley would go from one crappy franchise without a qb to another one. Oh yeah $$$ I forgot.

steeltheone
01-01-2013, 09:19 AM
As an OC, Norv is great.

Thats the buzz about Turner, not a head coach but a great OC. I sorta think any OC that would have been with the 90's Cowboys would be considered great. Seems like it would be hard to screw up with a Hall Of Fame lineup.

The_Joker
01-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Alan Faneca for OL coach?

desertsteel
01-01-2013, 10:23 AM
For those wanting Wiz back, I'm pretty sure that Ben hated Wiz.

desertsteel
01-01-2013, 10:24 AM
I don't know why Haley would go from one crappy franchise without a qb to another one. Oh yeah $$$ I forgot.
Did you just cal the Steelers a crappy franchise without a QB? I hope you were talking about the Chiefs. :)

teegre
01-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Thats the buzz about Turner, not a head coach but a great OC. I sorta think any OC that would have been with the 90's Cowboys would be considered great. Seems like it would be hard to screw up with a Hall Of Fame lineup.

His offenses also excelled in Oakland, Washington, Miami, & San Francisco.

And, for the most part (before Rivers became a turnover machine), his offenses in San Diego routinely scored in droves AND had great gameplans (those screens & short, outside passes against Pittsburgh is a good example of Norv finding a defense's weakness & exploiting it).

ricardisimo
01-03-2013, 06:06 AM
why did Tomlin fire this guy? Our kick coverage was totally fixed by this guy a couple of years back. He's coaching special teams in Tampa and since Tomlin fired him, I doubt he'd come back or be wanted back.
That's a joke, right?

Steeldude
01-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Need a new ST coach, WR coach, RB coach and conditioning coach.

kan_t
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Todd Haley is the best OC in NFL history! Haley will be LeBeau- a Steeler till hes 75+.

Go Haley! Nothing is your fault! Everything is everyone else's fault!

:tt04::tt02::tt04::tt02::tt04:

(I approach OCs the same way everyone else approaches QBs)

:toofunny:

Did people say that Ben is the best QB in NFL history? I don't remeber that.

Back to the topic. Getting April would be great.

kan_t
01-03-2013, 09:28 AM
His offenses also excelled in Oakland, Washington, Miami, & San Francisco.

And, for the most part (before Rivers became a turnover machine), his offenses in San Diego routinely scored in droves AND had great gameplans (those screens & short, outside passes against Pittsburgh is a good example of Norv finding a defense's weakness & exploiting it).
Too good to be true. If Haley goes, the likely replacement is Wilson (sadly).

PS: Nothing against Wilson as a person, he's a great guy. I just don't think he's the right choice of the Steelers OC.