PDA

View Full Version : Timmons did what no other Steelers ILB has ever done

Fire Arians
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Lead the team in sacks, congratulations Timmons!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/738157_458152310899900_915562374_o.jpg

AndyWitmyer
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Timmons was awesome this year - definitely a bright spot

teegre
12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Part of me says, "Timmons had a good year."

But, another (bigger) part of me says, "The rest of the team underperformed."

Six sacks led this team!?! Ugh.

steelerchad
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
He was very good this year, but leading the team with 6 sacks tells a lot about our #1 D. No pressure, no turnovers.

GMU Steeler
12-31-2012, 04:08 PM
That would be welcome news if he had 20 sacks. No disrespect intended to Lawrence here- he had a great year but our leading sacker should be in the teens. And I think as others have already said that this tells you a lot about the years others had. Anyhow, hoping he can keep it up next year and the others can perform up to par.

PhantomJB93
12-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Did he lead the team in interceptions too? Must have been close. That would be even sadder than the sacks stat.

EDIT: He did. Wow. Noone else had more than one except Clark and Allen with two each.

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Did he lead the team in interceptions too? Must have been close. That would be even sadder than the sacks stat.

EDIT: He did. Wow. Noone else had more than one except Clark and Allen with two each.

:hatsoff: Hahaha! Nice job Timmons! Too funny!

GMU Steeler
12-31-2012, 04:28 PM

Hopefully Allen gets more playing time next year. Even though we lost the game, I was real impressed with what he did in the second Cincy game. He's got potential.

AndyWitmyer
12-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Hopefully Allen gets more playing time next year. Even though we lost the game, I was real impressed with what he did in the second Cincy game. He's got potential.

I agree - I think Allen's going to end up making quite a name for himself in the 'Burgh. Just a feeling.

GMU Steeler
12-31-2012, 04:43 PM
I agree - I think Allen's going to end up making quite a name for himself in the 'Burgh. Just a feeling.
I really hope so. It would be great to see him and Lewis become Ike's heirs because as much as I love Ike, he's not going to be here forever.

Blacksburg Zach
12-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Wow, it's truly depressing that the team leader in sacks had only six, and the team leader in interceptions had only 3. Yes, Timmons played well this season, but the pass rush, or lack thereof as a team, really needs to be addressed during the offseason.

Millers the sh!t
12-31-2012, 05:55 PM

I'm psyched to see him play too. I hope he ain't a let down. Also looking to see McClendon get a starting job.

harrison'samonster
12-31-2012, 06:01 PM
congratulations to Timmons. I was glad to see him have a good year!

Twentyvalve
12-31-2012, 07:03 PM
My man. Go get em' next year!

GoFor7
12-31-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm psyched to see him play too. I hope he ain't a let down. Also looking to see McClendon get a starting job.

I thought Woodley was getting the starting job at NT next year....

SteelBobbleHead
12-31-2012, 07:51 PM
From what I remember it was a battle right down to thr end of camp between Allen and Lewis for the starting job.

teegre
12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
I thought Woodley was getting the starting job at NT next year....

Great minds think alike. :wink02:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=1066256#post1066256

steeltheone
12-31-2012, 08:09 PM
6 sacks leads the team...That's an embarrassment.....Good season tho, Timmons!

steeltheone
12-31-2012, 08:10 PM

He will get more time....Lewis will be gone.

Cherinko
12-31-2012, 08:28 PM
It's more accurate to say he co-lead the team in sacks with James Harrison. They both had 6 sacks.

austinfrench76
01-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Helluva year! He and Clark played put of their minds!

harrison'samonster
01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Helluva year! He and Clark played put of their minds!

those two were fun to watch this season. I also really appreciated Foote this year. I know ppl get on him and everything, but it's not like he's ever been some all-star heap of talent player.

lloydwoodson
01-02-2013, 06:24 AM
those two were fun to watch this season. I also really appreciated Foote this year. I know ppl get on him and everything, but it's not like he's ever been some all-star heap of talent player.

Yeah Foote played well. Here's to Foote! :hatsoff:

VaDave
01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Allen is the real deal. I was surprised to see Lewis beat him out for the starting position. Cortez is going to be with us for a long time if he stays healthy....Lewis, we are going to lose to free agency I'm afraid.....

lloydwoodson
01-03-2013, 04:14 AM
Allen is the real deal. I was surprised to see Lewis beat him out for the starting position. Cortez is going to be with us for a long time if he stays healthy....Lewis, we are going to lose to free agency I'm afraid.....

While we may lose Lewis to free agency I would rather keep Allen. They have very similar numbers in terms of opposing qb ratings and Allen generated turnovers.

That being said Lewis played like a clone of Ike Taylor and gave tremendous service to the organization over the last year.

I hope he is back also.

Steeldude
01-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Part of me says, "Timmons had a good year."

But, another (bigger) part of me says, "The rest of the team underperformed."

Six sacks led this team!?! Ugh.

It's to be expect with Harrison recovering from knee and back surgery. It's not like there is anyone else on the team who can rush the pass.

lloydwoodson
01-04-2013, 12:31 AM
I was always high on Timmons. I knew he was a good player since he caught the Ed Reed fumble out of mid air that Monday Night in 08 when Harrison was beasting.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-04-2013, 12:24 PM

Is Lewis expected to garner that much attention in Free Agency? He is well-known and loved around here, but do any other teams know about him? Despite his solid play this year, I don't recall him getting too many Probowl votes.

They need to make brining Lewis back next year a priority.