PDA

View Full Version : When will Lebeau retire?

The_Joker
01-01-2013, 10:48 AM
I am certainly not shoving him out the door, but when can we expect Coach Dad to retire? The man is olllllllld.

SteelersCanada
01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Whenever he's ready. I'm in the small minority that thinks that should be this year, but hey, to each our own.

stb_steeler
01-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Hes returning next season :wink02:

OX1947
01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
When his body is ready

desertsteel
01-01-2013, 11:35 AM
After we win the super bowl next year

NSMaster56
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
May he live to be as old as Al Davis, minus the senility.

fer522
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM
He needs to go before we lose Keith Butler IMO

tanda10506
01-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Last year our defense were paper champions and they started out the same this year, actually worse. By mid season the defense was only playing big cushion zone and getting eaten alive, our offense became stagnant after doing well earlier in the year, and our ST was garbage. Did Tomlin make any visible changes? No, and the team rarely looked ready and disciplined. Did Haley mix up his game and continue to improve the offense? No, he stuck with nothing but super short passes and poorly designed run plays to finish somewhere in the 20's while the guy he replaced was busy winning his 11th game. Did our ST coach even have one successful game? Not really. Did LeBeau get his defense to be stingy against the run again? YES. Did he find a way to have the best pass defense with an injured SS and CB's that only played well half of the year? YES. LeBeau was the only coach we had that actually saw the problem and fixed it. I hope he doesn't retire this year, we can't afford to get worse.

austinfrench76
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
No matter who the coordinator is, the players still gotta play. He doesn't have alot to! do with Woodley playing the way he did this year. He coaches until he's ready to retire, IMO.

GoFor7
01-01-2013, 06:31 PM
He needs to go before we lose Keith Butler IMO

What if they choose to switch to a 4-3? It's not that farfetched when you look at the personnel and consider that Harrison probably won't be back.

fer522
01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't think they will or Butler would have left last year

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
The man is olllllllld.

But wise. :wink:

PhantomJB93
01-02-2013, 12:22 AM
What if they choose to switch to a 4-3? It's not that farfetched when you look at the personnel and consider that Harrison probably won't be back.

If it ever happens, I really wouldn't expect that until Ben is gone, not even when LeBeau retires. Changing an entire defensive scheme like that is a process that takes at least a year or two for players to settle into and really make the change effective. I don't think they're going to risk wasting any of the few years left in Ben's career by switching up the whole defense like that.

defence
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
If it ever happens, I really wouldn't expect that until Ben is gone, not even when LeBeau retires. Changing an entire defensive scheme like that is a process that takes at least a year or two for players to settle into and really make the change effective. I don't think they're going to risk wasting any of the few years left in Ben's career by switching up the whole defense like that.

Hey Ben is not that old. As for for the process; I think they can switch over night if they wanted with the guys drafted being 4 3 guys. In all honesty; there are only a few guys that don't fit. Hampton , Harrison and maybe Keisel and these guys are pretty well done. Have you seen Mclendon get after the qb?? He would be awesome as a dt in a 4 3. I think it's the way to go; but heck Lebau is coming back with the number 1 d right?

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
When LeBeau decides to retire, he won't owe the Pittsburgh Steelers anything. But the Pittsburgh Steelers will be indebted to LeBeau for the remainder of his life.

Fire Arians
01-02-2013, 06:05 PM
i think he's retiring soon because butler decided to stay. he's not going to settle for being a lb coach for very long when a lot of teams are interested in offering him a DC job