Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 12:20 AM
that the fact jack

Bayz101
01-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Ohio State went undefeated.

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
They didn't play in any of the bowl games I watched.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2013, 05:45 PM
an SEC Team lost to Northwestern.

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
cherry picker

Bayz101
01-03-2013, 04:00 AM
LSU gets beat by Clemson.

Blacksburg Zach
01-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Florida loses to Louisville.

kent
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I believe the BIg 10 has the lead when it comes to all time record between the 2 conferences in bowl games.

kent
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Ohio State went undefeated.

They played no one this year and the Big 10 was very down compared to last year.

wwhickok
01-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I bet it took a really long time for the genius author of this thread to come up with the title.

WE ARE -STILL- PENN STATE!

steelax04
01-16-2013, 05:52 PM
that the fact jack

Are you rooting for the Ravens since they are "AFC North" representatives?

sluggermatt15
03-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I bet it took a really long time for the genius author of this thread to come up with the title.

WE ARE -STILL- PENN STATE!

They had a good year despite being bowl ineligible. Can only see PSU getting better next year. O'Brien deserves a ton of credit for the coaching job he did in his first season. With all the negativity surrounding the program and university he sure did a nice job at ignoring it and having a winning year.

SteelersCanada
03-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Say what you will about the SEC, but they've won 7 straight title games. That's not a coincidence.

sluggermatt15
03-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Say what you will about the SEC, but they've won 7 straight title games. That's not a coincidence.

I don't see anyone dethroning the SEC any time soon. What teams from that conference have accomplished is nothing short of phenomenal. SEC is the best football conference in NCAA Football, no question.

IowaSteeler927
03-08-2013, 01:36 AM
The SEC to me is comprised of players who want to play in nothing but fair weather climates. If they wanted a real challenge they'd come play somewhere like Iowa, or Minnesota. instead they all bunch up and go to big name schools in the SEC because it's warm all year round. They're like electricity, always taking the easiest path rather than stepping up and challenging themselves. If I played college ball I'd play somewhere where the climate changes, and somewhere I felt I could make the biggest impact.

The SEC will never get my respect. I can't stand the arrogance of Nick Saban, and I hate that Urban Meyer is now coaching in the Big Ten.

silver & black
03-13-2013, 07:59 PM
The SEC will never get my respect. I can't stand the arrogance of Nick Saban, and I hate that Urban Meyer is now coaching in the Big Ten

I'm kinda liking it.:wink02:

IowaSteeler927
03-15-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm kinda liking it.:wink02:

Sorry, I got beef with Meyer. Ever since that 2006 Outback Bowl (Iowa Vs. Florida) I've despised Meyer. Any guy that could sit there and say that game was fairly officiated is a complete moron. The Conference USA Refs in that game even admitted major mistakes were made. I'm not saying we would've won that game for sure without the poor officiating, but the officials robbed us of any chance to win and Urban Meyer's comments about that game afterward were pure garbage.

fer522
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
when any team from the SEC plays for the crystal ball they'll kick anybody's ass anywhere they'd play and that my friends its a fact

IowaSteeler927
03-16-2013, 06:01 AM
when any team from the SEC plays for the crystal ball they'll kick anybody's ass anywhere they'd play and that my friends its a fact

With the recruits they get it'd be pathetic if they didn't.

sluggermatt15
03-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I got beef with Meyer. Ever since that 2006 Outback Bowl (Iowa Vs. Florida) I've despised Meyer. Any guy that could sit there and say that game was fairly officiated is a complete moron. The Conference USA Refs in that game even admitted major mistakes were made. I'm not saying we would've won that game for sure without the poor officiating, but the officials robbed us of any chance to win and Urban Meyer's comments about that game afterward were pure garbage.

Urban Meyer coaches at Ohio State now... He is removed from the SEC.

IowaSteeler927
03-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Urban Meyer coaches at Ohio State now... He is removed from the SEC.

The SEC will never get my respect. I can't stand the arrogance of Nick Saban, and I hate that Urban Meyer is now coaching in the Big Ten.

I am well aware of that fact. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

sluggermatt15
03-23-2013, 12:48 PM
I am well aware of that fact. Doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

I dislike Meyer as well. Now that he is with Ohio State, I dislike him even more. The fact Ohio State didn't go to a bowl game last year, despite a perfect season was absolutely amazing. Couldn't happen to a better school and to a better football coach.

IowaSteeler927
03-29-2013, 04:55 AM
I dislike Meyer as well. Now that he is with Ohio State, I dislike him even more. The fact Ohio State didn't go to a bowl game last year, despite a perfect season was absolutely amazing. Couldn't happen to a better school and to a better football coach.

Yeah I've never been a big Meyer fan and I despise OSU. I hate watching Prime Time games and the announcers literally jizz in their pants talking about OSU, Penn State, or Michigan but when it comes to a team like Iowa they are so biased it makes me want to puke. Now that doesn't mean I don't respect that they have good football programs, I just hate the favoritism shown towards them.

sluggermatt15
03-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Yeah I've never been a big Meyer fan and I despise OSU. I hate watching Prime Time games and the announcers literally jizz in their pants talking about OSU, Penn State, or Michigan but when it comes to a team like Iowa they are so biased it makes me want to puke. Now that doesn't mean I don't respect that they have good football programs, I just hate the favoritism shown towards them.

I hear you man, and Iowa has had some good teams that kind of flew under the radar over the last several years. And then when they upset a team like OSU, the media doesn't give them the deserved attention. Crazy.

I also dislike Meyer in that he basically "campaigned" for Michigan and Ohio State NOT to play in the BCS Title Game in 2006. Meyer spewed all this nonsense how there should NOT be a rematch for the Title and how his Gators were deserving of a shot to play for it all. What a clown. He got his way and UM was not in the game. It POs me because 2 years ago we had a regular season rematch in the Title game, LSU vs. Alabama. I didn't see Meyer commenting on that one.....

IowaSteeler927
10-30-2013, 05:35 AM
I hear you man, and Iowa has had some good teams that kind of flew under the radar over the last several years. And then when they upset a team like OSU, the media doesn't give them the deserved attention. Crazy.

I also dislike Meyer in that he basically "campaigned" for Michigan and Ohio State NOT to play in the BCS Title Game in 2006. Meyer spewed all this nonsense how there should NOT be a rematch for the Title and how his Gators were deserving of a shot to play for it all. What a clown. He got his way and UM was not in the game. It POs me because 2 years ago we had a regular season rematch in the Title game, LSU vs. Alabama. I didn't see Meyer commenting on that one.....

Meyer only cares when it effects him. The officiating in the 2006 Outback bowl was blatantly terrible and the Hawkeyes got straight up robbed by the Conference USA refs. Urban Meyer tried to call it a well officiated game. Watch this and tell me it was well officiated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBroOeFWlN8&noredirect=1

Florida fans even admit this was a horribly officiated game. How in the ever-loving fuck do you call a facemask penalty on the guy that got facemasked? I can't even talk too much about this game, still boils my blood to this day. Screw Urban Meyer.

JPPT1974
10-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Love the SEC as I live in that country. Too bad Volunteers are not doing too good! Want anybody to beat Fla Gators!

sluggermatt15
11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Love the SEC as I live in that country. Too bad Volunteers are not doing too good! Want anybody to beat Fla Gators!

That upset of South Carolina looks pretty good. Consider South Carolina went on to beat Missouri, who is ranked in the Top 10 right now (Top 5 at the time). Vols will make a bowl game this year. They will start to be back on the right track. IMO Butch Jones can get them "back" to where they belong. It may take a few more years, but RockyTop will be rocking once again with a strong football team!

Meyer only cares when it effects him. The officiating in the 2006 Outback bowl was blatantly terrible and the Hawkeyes got straight up robbed by the Conference USA refs. Urban Meyer tried to call it a well officiated game. Watch this and tell me it was well officiated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBroOeFWlN8&noredirect=1

Florida fans even admit this was a horribly officiated game. How in the ever-loving fuck do you call a facemask penalty on the guy that got facemasked? I can't even talk too much about this game, still boils my blood to this day. Screw Urban Meyer.

Ohio State is going to get rolled by whoever they play in a bowl game. I hope it's against Alabama for the Title. Would LOVE to see the SEC humiliate another undefeated contender, like what they did to ND last year. :tt02:

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2013, 06:56 PM
That upset of South Carolina looks pretty good. Consider South Carolina went on to beat Missouri, who is ranked in the Top 10 right now (Top 5 at the time). Vols will make a bowl game this year. They will start to be back on the right track. IMO Butch Jones can get them "back" to where they belong. It may take a few more years, but RockyTop will be rocking once again with a strong football team!

Ohio State is going to get rolled by whoever they play in a bowl game. I hope it's against Alabama for the Title. Would LOVE to see the SEC humiliate another undefeated contender, like what they did to ND last year. :tt02:

Ohio State is smoke and mirrors. We damned near went into the Horseshoe and beat them in their house. With the talent they have on paper we should be destroyed by them on a yearly basis. Whoever OSU ends up playing I think they're going to get stomped.

sluggermatt15
11-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Ohio State is smoke and mirrors. We damned near went into the Horseshoe and beat them in their house. With the talent they have on paper we should be destroyed by them on a yearly basis. Whoever OSU ends up playing I think they're going to get stomped.

Their victory at Purdue doesn't say much, either. Purdue has only won 1 game this year. So keep on fattening up your record on fluff teams, OSU, because that is the only type of opposition you can beat! :chuckle:

IowaSteeler927
11-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Their victory at Purdue doesn't say much, either. Purdue has only won 1 game this year. So keep on fattening up your record on fluff teams, OSU, because that is the only type of opposition you can beat! :chuckle:

Better hope Bayz doesn't read this... lol.

sluggermatt15
11-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Better hope Bayz doesn't read this... lol.

:chuckle: I don't care, let him! Sometimes the truth hurts. :tt02:

IowaSteeler927
11-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Haha lol!

Gnutella
11-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Seriously, what the fuck is this "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bullshit, as if Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State or Arkansas have anything to do with the dominance of Alabama, Florida and LSU in the last decade? That'd be like fans of the Steelers, Browns and Bengals chanting "AFC North! AFC North! AFC North!" after the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Yeah, the SEC has been the best conference in college football for a while now, but they're not orders of magnitude better than any other conference. The fact that the SEC isn't undefeated in bowl games since 2006 illustrates this. And before anybody says, "Yeah, the second-place team in [other conference] is good enough to beat the third-best team in the SEC," please make sure to repeat that exact statement to yourself the next time you want to boast that, "The best team in [other conference] would only be good enough to finish seventh in the SEC!" It doesn't add up.

sluggermatt15
11-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Seriously, what the fuck is this "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bullshit, as if Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State or Arkansas have anything to do with the dominance of Alabama, Florida and LSU in the last decade? That'd be like fans of the Steelers, Browns and Bengals chanting "AFC North! AFC North! AFC North!" after the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Yeah, the SEC has been the best conference in college football for a while now, but they're not orders of magnitude better than any other conference. The fact that the SEC isn't undefeated in bowl games since 2006 illustrates this. And before anybody says, "Yeah, the second-place team in [other conference] is good enough to beat the third-best team in the SEC," please make sure to repeat that exact statement to yourself the next time you want to boast that, "The best team in [other conference] would only be good enough to finish seventh in the SEC!" It doesn't add up.

Arkansas went to the Sugar Bowl two years ago. Kentucky went to a bowl game every season from 2006 to 2010. It's not like these programs are doormats... The SEC is the strongest overall conference in America. I am not saying they are 10x better than the next best conference. They've just been the most successful with all the National Championships, bowl wins, and recruiting. The statistics reinforce all that.

sluggermatt15
11-10-2013, 08:19 AM

I'm not sure exactly how team #6 from Conference A plays #2 from Conference B. Meaning, I don't know what the system is to decide that. Personally I really don't care. I just want to see exciting match ups during bowl season.

Fire Arians
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM
college football sucks, nfl rules

White_Steel_Wolfe
12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
SEC stays on top with the bias voting. Had there been a playoff in place the SEC wouldn't have won all of those championships. You can try to prove me wrong but you will ultimately fail. For example two highly touted and ranked teams play each other and one loses..well since they were both such "tough/elite" college programs the one who loses doesn't fall but a few spots. The process keeps on going throughout the season without fail.

Alabama vs. LSU, you remember that? Alabama never deserved a second play through with LSU.
How about the bias bowl locations?

Oklahoma vs LSU 2003, Louisiana
Oklahoma vs Florida 2008, Florida

I'm sure those aren't the only two games that weren't in neutral locations.
(OU fan, shutup)

Anyway Florida is going to smash Auburn. js

Bayz101
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey, I agree with most of the Buckeye criticism. I still love them though and always will.

The REAL out of conference contenders have dodged our contracts for years now, and we've been stuck with low top 25 talent as our "big games" because of it. I'd like to see us go up against top 10 talent a few games a year for a spell and watch them improve from there, but something tells me schools will continue to avoid the contracts that'll allow that. We played some big teams under Tressel and one some championships, too. We haven't had a schedule with that talent on it in a while and i'm hoping that changes.

Michigan State flat out EARNED that game last night, and i'm not making excuses. We made it into a game, but they were the better team. We have the pieces to be a great football team, but we'll never win a championship under Meyer if our schedule every year continues to be soft. We've always had close conference games, even in our championship seasons, but our out of conference schedule was tough in those seasons, too, and that helped prepare us for the big game.

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2013, 07:44 AM
college football sucks, nfl rules

Football rules in general. I love my Hawks and my Steelers. Black and Gold through and through.

Ricco Suavez
01-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I did not agree with the LSU/Bama rematch from a couple of years ago. Was not fair that LSU goes to Tuscaloosa and beats the Tide and their reward is an extra game in the conference championship and rematch against the team you beat once already. Was not in favor of the Mich/OSU rematch idea either. Now has the SEC had a string of success in the championship games, yes no question. Are they currently 7-2 this bowl season and once again in the championship game, yes again. Are they the toughest college football conference in the country, IMO and most of the sporting experts yes they are. I am not saying they are vastly superior but the proof is how they have stacked up against any and all other competition over the last ten years. I am a fan of the MSU Bulldogs and we are not a top 20 team, but for a team that finished in the bottom half of the conference we field a very good defense and have a soph QB that will make a name for him self next year. We lost 6 games this year and all 6 games were to top 20 teams. Auburn beat us at Auburn with less than a minute to go. Do I think a bottom SEC team could beat a top tier Big 12 or Big 10 team, not likely. But is SEC plays any other conference from top to bottom they would come out ahead, not a domination but ahead non the less.