PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis

fer522
01-02-2013, 11:58 AM
He plans to retire at the end of the season he was quoted saying "this is my last ride"

harrison'samonster
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Sorry to see him go. I think he's been over-rated the past 5 years or so, but he was a great player. He's been a big part of the great rivalry we've had with that team.

Vis
01-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Think he'll take a stab at TV?

harrison'samonster
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Think he'll take a stab at TV?

Ha!:rofl:

SteelersCanada
01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
That's a shame, I was hoping he would be useless for the Ravens next year too. Cya, RayRay.

PATS16N0
01-02-2013, 12:54 PM
I respect that man.

ZoneBlitzer
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
For me, the greatest MLB I've seen play. Also an incredible leader and gifted orator
I always had tremendous respect for him as an opponent. And honestly, i wish the Steelers had a Ray Lewis. He will go straight into the HOF immediately.

torpedoshell31
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
I remember watching the Pro Bowl a couple of years ago when Ray was miked for the game. It was amazing whenever the NFC would break the huddle he would start barking out directions stating whether the play was a run or pass and what direction it was coming. He was right nearly every single play of the game.

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Go Colts!

Ed Reed is next on the retirement cart, and he'll never get a ring

GMU Steeler
01-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Definitely one of the all time greats and a first ballot HOFer. He'd annoy me but I'd be lying if I said he wasn't a good player and didn't help make the Steelers-Ravens rivalry the best rivalry in the sport. Won't be the same without him on the field because I really think more than any player, Lewis is an icon of his franchise. He's literally been there for their whole history. So I wish him good luck in retirement.

TRH
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Sorry to see him go. I think he's been over-rated the past 5 years or so, but he was a great player. He's been a big part of the great rivalry we've had with that team.

I agree with this..

Last few years, over-rated at the position (but hey, he STILL played better than Woodley did this year) and mostly got by on reputation.
However, his leadership skills even through his declining play, are untouchable. He would have made a great Steeler.
I WISH we could get someone like this - a LEADER of men - on our defensive side of the ball. We could use that like no other....

1st ballot HOF'er.

GMU Steeler
01-02-2013, 02:32 PM
It's weird man. This year without Ward was very surreal for me as a Steelers fan to watch. I'm sure Ravens fans will feel the same next year without Lewis. I admit the guy annoyed me but he's one of those players that you hate because he plays for a hated rival. I'm sure if you really pressed your average Ravens fan they'd want Hines Ward in his prime just like we'd be happy with a ILB like Lewis in his too though we were fortunate to have Potsie who is also missed.

torpedoshell31
01-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Ray had 50 takeaways in his career, 2nd most of all time for linebackers. Who was first? Our very own Jack Ham with 53.

GMU Steeler
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Ray had 50 takeaways in his career, 2nd most of all time for linebackers. Who was first? Our very own Jack Ham with 53.

Pretty amazing feat considering that Jack played in a more run orientated league and played for six less seasons too.

torpedoshell31
01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Pretty amazing feat considering that Jack played in a more run orientated league and played for six less seasons too.

Jack Ham didn't get quite the press notoriety that Jack Lambert got, but he might have been the most complete linebacker ever to play the game.

GMU Steeler
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Jack Ham didn't get quite the press notoriety that Jack Lambert got, but he might have been the most complete linebacker ever to play the game.

Before my time- I'm 25 but Ham's one of my favorites because he's from the same town as my grandparents and Dobre Shunka is an awesome nickname.

torpedoshell31
01-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Before my time- I'm 25 but Ham's one of my favorites because he's from the same town as my grandparents and Dobre Shunka is an awesome nickname.

I'm in my 50's and I remember the Penn State team that had Ham, Franco, Lydell Mitchell, Steve Smear etc.. They absolutely crushed everyone, but their wasn't a national title game back then and eastern college football was looked down on, so Texas was voted #1

fer522
01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I was lucky enough to see the man play,always talking to his D on and off the field too bad he wasn't a steeler
HOFer no doubt

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Ray Lewis can't elevate Flacco the Choker not to choke, the nosedive of the Ravens will mirror ours.

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
See ya, Ray. :wave:

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Go Colts!

kick them in the nuts, that's what I say

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm onboard with that, Killer!

We need to get all of Steelers Nation behind the Colts. Shouldn't be too hard. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
I love you too muffin

Lady Steel
01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I know you do, Killer. You simply can't help yourself. :laughing:

Just posted by Benstonium.com:

Ray Lewis was just given early release from his NFL career based on good behavior. Having 17 years of time served, Lewis' pardon states that he will remain incarcerated with the Baltimore Ravens in a minimum or work release state until the season has ended. Since his murder trial in 2000, NFL officials believe Lewis has demonstrated an adequate degree of rehabilitation. They are hopeful that upon release, Lewis will be able to reintegrate himself as a contributing member of non-NFL society.

Fire Haley
01-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Colts fans agree....the Ravens are done

The only time that these ****-sucking scumbags have beaten us in the last decade was last year, when we were Manningless and Luckless.

The Ratbirds went a measly 10-6 and BACKED their asses into the playoffs. Their window is closing fast. Flaccid dick is not a franchise QB and their defense is old and injured. The Crackmore media should be far more concerned about the team they cover.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70647&page=2

Fire Arians
01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
7wF8MGrGURM

lloydwoodson
01-03-2013, 09:12 AM
I know "classy" isn't the first word people use when describing football fans but you could all at least make a little effort.

Ray Lewis was one of the best ever at his position. A helluva player and one we all admire on the field.

He won't be missed but his play will be remembered.

Colts don't have a chance in hell. If they don't get shutout I would be surprised. The Ravens D is going to be at home and fired up like never before.

TRH
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
That didn't take long. Lewis already near a deal with ESPN.