PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Pages : 1 [2]

VaDave
01-10-2013, 06:10 AM
So far, nothing in the media about Haley's interview.......

Vis
01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1478552-did-todd-haley-interview-for-the-arizona-cardinals-head-coaching-vacancy

Conflicting reports about Todd Haley's whereabouts have been swirling for the last 24 hours. A number of reports from around the league say the Steelers' offensive coordinator is happy in Pittsburgh and will politely decline the opportunity to interview with the Arizona Cardinals:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Cardinals requested interview with Todd Haley. Source close to Haley: "He loves Steelers job. He's very happy. No interview with Cards."
9 Jan 13

Other reports from inside the Steelers organization say that Haley did indeed interview for the position today in Arizona:

Ed Bouchette @EdBouchette

#Steelers President Art Rooney confirms that Haley is interviewing for #Cardinals job.
9 Jan 13

Now the question becomes, who is right and who is wrong? Surely it's obvious that the most relied upon and trusted source in this situation would be team president Art Rooney. It's implied that he would be all knowing when it comes to anything Steelers, but Haley's agent doesn't think so:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview
9 Jan 13

Is it possible that Haley didn't tell his agent? It's highly unlikely that's the scenario in this situation. Jerome Stanley would handle all the communication and arrangements of his client's visit to Arizona, so he would be in the know of everything that was going on.

Stanley has one interest in mind as Haley's agent—he wants the best for his client, plain and simple. Maybe he was told by the Steelers offensive coordinator to keep quiet. It's possible that Haley didn't want anyone to know about the Cardinals job unless he was on the brink of being named head coach.

The speculation behind everything could be endless, so let's take a minute to focus on what we actually know. We know that the Bidwill family are big fans of Haley for numerous reasons. We know newly appointed general manager Steve Keim is a part of that love fest and was there during his tenure as offensive coordinator.

We also know that the Steelers have expressed great interest in bringing Haley back if he doesn't secure a head coaching job. Here's what Rooney told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about the Steelers' offense before the mountain of quarterback injuries: "What we had was pretty good."

Later in the article, Rooney added that a second year in Haley's system should yield even more positive results. By season's end, Pittsburgh finished with the 21st-ranked offense in the NFL. Not awful considering the influx at the quarterback position with Ben Roethlisberger out.

However, things could have been better for Haley and company, especially on the ground. The Steelers rushing attack averaged a measly 96.1 yards per game and finished 28th in the league at 3.7 yards per carry. Responsibility falls on both the backfield and the offensive line for such a disappointing season.

Regardless, Haley's services are supposedly in high-demand from one NFL team. The fit in Arizona seems natural, and not only because of the strong relationship with its front office. Haley has shown the ability to make due with average talent at the quarterback position—something the Cardinals currently have right now.

In 2010, Matt Cassel threw for 3,116 yards and 27 touchdowns, a career high. Everyone thought Haley and Cassel were the perfect fit for one another, but lo and behold that relationship didn't even last a year after its highest point. In 2011, Haley was fired after Week 14. The Chiefs were 5-8 at that point.

It's possible that Haley could squeeze those same kinds of numbers out of Kevin Kolb, yet it's hard to tell if Kolb would be a good fit for his style of offense. Haley loves to air the ball out—he did it with both the Cardinals and the Steelers.

Do you think the Arizona Cardinals should hire Todd Haley to be their head coach?
Yes No Submit Vote vote to see results

Based on all the background information we have and the reports confirming he interviewed from Mr. Rooney, it's safe to say the answer is pretty clear. Arizona Cardinals fans now have the opportunity to rejoice over the fact he is indeed an option at head coach, or not.

Gnutella
01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
The Steelers rushing attack averaged a measly 96.1 yards per game and finished 28th in the league at 3.7 yards per carry. Responsibility falls on both the backfield and the offensive line for such a disappointing season.

You mean it doesn't fall on either Todd Haley or Ben Roethlisberger? Go figure!

By the way, I hope Haley stays.

GoFor7
01-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Quite frankly I dont think Art Rooney II and Jerry Jones have anything in common outside of being Owners. Dallas is a sorry excuse for a franchise these days.

Did Dan Rooney ever speak to the media this much about how the team should play? Whenever Jerry Jones (the real one) talks to the media about how his team should function, we laugh our asses off at how pathetic the Cowboys are. But when Artie does it, it's okay?

Don't give Artie credit just because of his last name - he's nowhere close to the class of owner that his father was.

Rotorhead
01-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Hhmm, it seems to me that the rooney's stated last year they wanted the off to run more and keep the $100m investment alive longer, so after another year of not doing that they asked they fired Arians, not really knee jerk, that was a pretty clear warning. Hiring Haley is not knee jerk, they had to replace the OC, after the injury to kirby and not know if/when he would return they settled on Haley as he was obviously the best candidate, again not knee jerk. And, Arians was not the reason we won 2 superbowls, our defense and Ben was. In fact i would argue Arians was the reason we haven't won more.

Vis
01-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Did Dan Rooney ever speak to the media this much about how the team should play? Whenever Jerry Jones (the real one) talks to the media about how his team should function, we laugh our asses off at how pathetic the Cowboys are. But when Artie does it, it's okay?

Don't give Artie credit just because of his last name - he's nowhere close to the class of owner that his father was.

BS. We are very lucky to have the ownership we have, including Artie II

GoFor7
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Wow, you are questioning the man's class on very little. How does that speak to yours?

Didn't you point out how management has seemed very "un-Steeler" over the last few years?

Sorry for noticing that Dan ran a tighter ship and didn't feel the need to speak to the media about how the team should play. :noidea:

Vis
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Didn't you point out how management has seemed very "un-Steeler" over the last few years?

Sorry for noticing that Dan ran a tighter ship and didn't feel the need to speak to the media about how the team should play. :noidea:

I misread your post. Sorry bout that

GoFor7
01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
It also doesn't make Artie look good when he says discipline was not a problem with the team this season...

steelfury02
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
It also doesn't make Artie look good when he says discipline was not a problem with the team this season...

I thought he looked good. Seemed to be a nice suit and tie.

GoFor7
01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I thought he looked good. Seemed to be a nice suit and tie.

A lot of sleazeball lawyers look good in suits and ties. When you try to twist reality in front of a bunch of people, it helps when you look nice. Politicians do it too.

steelfury02
01-10-2013, 11:45 AM
A lot of sleazeball lawyers look good in suits and ties. When you try to twist reality in front of a bunch of people, it helps when you look nice. Politicians do it too.

so you don't like him?

GoFor7
01-10-2013, 11:47 AM
so you don't like him?

I think he should try to be more like his father instead of Jerry Jones.

steelfury02
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I think he should try to be more like his father instead of Jerry Jones.

But his father wears a tie too. This is a dilemma.

Vis
01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
But his father wears a tie too. This is a dilemma.

Let him rant.

steelfury02
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Let him rant.

oh alright!

Happy Thursday GoFor7 - just messin with ya! :chuckle:

wwhickok
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Anyone else notice that since the "Haley interviews with Arizona" leaked, there has been next to no news about their open job? Just sayin'

SteelersCanada
01-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Anyone else notice that since the "Haley interviews with Arizona" leaked, there has been next to no news about their open job? Just sayin'

My best guess? Haley was offered the job and he's thinking it over and weighing the pro's and con's about leaving Pittsburgh and rebuilding with the Cardinals.

wwhickok
01-11-2013, 02:01 PM
My best guess? Haley was offered the job and he's thinking it over and weighing the pro's and con's about leaving Pittsburgh and rebuilding with the Cardinals.

Mine too

Gnutella
01-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I hope he stays.

I won't be happy at all if he goes, but I won't cry like a bitch the way too many Steeler fans do when they don't get their way either.

Vis
01-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Sure there has. they interviewed Jay Gruden after Haley, if they ever interviewed haley.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/20130110arizona-cardinals-interview-jay-gruden-coach.html

lloydwoodson
01-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Honestly, Haley should go to Arizona. There is no point staying where you are not wanted and his current quarterback does not want him.

He should go to Arizona and do the best he can with what is there. A head coaching job is too good to pass up.

Haley made a lot of good changesto the offense. His aggressive playcalling style is best suited to a team where he has more control.

pete74
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Honestly, Haley should go to Arizona. There is no point staying where you are not wanted and his current quarterback does not want him.

He should go to Arizona and do the best he can with what is there. A head coaching job is too good to pass up.

Haley made a lot of good changesto the offense. His aggressive playcalling style is best suited to a team where he has more control.

What makes you think Ben dosnt want him? I'm just curious as to were your getting your information from because I read a lot and have once heard Ben say something negative

GoFor7
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM

That kind of sounds like you're saying Haley is handcuffed by someone higher up than he is. You certainly couldn't be talking about the Great King Emperor Art Rooney II being meddlesome are you?

lloydwoodson
01-11-2013, 03:34 PM
That kind of sounds like you're saying Haley is handcuffed by someone higher up than he is. You certainly couldn't be talking about the Great King Emperor Art Rooney II being meddlesome are you?

:rofl: Why all of a sudden do you hate Art II so much? Which sports show put the 8-8 season at his feet that has you ready to storm his castle with pitchforks and torches?

I was talking about Tomlin. This is Tomlin's team and he makes the personnel decisions. :wink02:

GoFor7
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
:rofl: Why all of a sudden do you hate Art II so much? Which sports show put the 8-8 season at his feet that has you ready to storm his castle with pitchforks and torches?

I was talking about Tomlin. This is Tomlin's team and he makes the personnel decisions. :wink02:

That wink could be taken as sarcasm.....

Sir, are you implying Artie is a meddlesome owner?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YINZ AN AIR-HEAD LUVER! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

teegre
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
What makes you think Ben dosnt want him? I'm just curious as to were your getting your information from because I read a lot and have once heard Ben say something negative

Hearsay... rumor... magic eight-ball...

Steeler7BR
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Ben's a clever guy or should I say just a normal NFL Football player. Of course he won't say don't like Haley. Don't like his play calling. Want Arians back. F*** Haley. F*** Haley. F*** Haley.

But that he has his issues with him is very well known. Ben wants to have more freedom he wanna do more no huddle. He don't want a dink & dunk offense. He wanna throw deep passes and more mid range then passing screens 1 out of 3 throws.

SteelersCanada
01-11-2013, 04:47 PM
We don't know how Roethlisberger honestly feels about Haley as he's talked out both sides of his mouth this year. He's asked for more freedom in the no-huddle, but also said he appreciates the 'West Coast style' offense that has been implemented.

We can only guess about what he honestly thinks about the offense, but I'd be willing to bet he's torn on it. On one hand, he's getting hit less and becoming a magician on third down, but on the other there's a lack of a vertical option down the field that he really wants and loves in the gameplan.

Personally I think, if Haley stays, he has to add a downfield option for Roethlisberger. It's about keeping your Quarterback happy and not treating him like he's made of glass. Despite the fact that we've spent 4 high picks on our offensive line, we're still treating Ben like he's a fragile object. We need elements of this offense but we also need elements of a more vertical, higher-scoring and no-huddle type offense as well.

AgentGold007
01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
I wish Haley or the Cardinals would go ahead and make a decision already. If Haley's gonna go, then hopefully he does it soon while there are still some good replacements out there.

TRH
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
it's being reported that Arizona is REALLY hot for Jay Gruden and plan to meet with him - also that they may wait out the playoffs and go for McCoy.

I'd like to see Haley stay here. I think its both in his best interests - and our teams

wwhickok
01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I question, highly, whether its in the Steelers' best interest. I am open to being wrong but it is DEFINITELY in his best interest.

wwhickok
01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I wish Haley or the Cardinals would go ahead and make a decision already. If Haley's gonna go, then hopefully he does it soon while there are still some good replacements out there.

I agree completely. I am not going to be upset either way but as a fan I want to know where our team is headed.

pete74
01-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Ben's a clever guy or should I say just a normal NFL Football player. Of course he won't say don't like Haley. Don't like his play calling. Want Arians back. F*** Haley. F*** Haley. F*** Haley.

But that he has his issues with him is very well known. Ben wants to have more freedom he wanna do more no huddle. He don't want a dink & dunk offense. He wanna throw deep passes and more mid range then passing screens 1 out of 3 throws.

All I'm saying is that this is your opinion. Just because Ben was good friends with Asians everyone seems to just assume he hates Haley. People need to stop thinking there opinions are facts

TRH
01-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I question, highly, whether its in the Steelers' best interest. I am open to being wrong but it is DEFINITELY in his best interest.

not necessarily.

Haley really wanted this job and to live in the Pittsburgh area - that had a lot to do with him pursuing and taking the job.
If he then would go somewhere like Arizona - only to be fired a year or so later and to be knocked out of the Pittsburgh organization as well - is not in his best interests. And thats something he aluded to before the season began this year.
I would be wary of that job.

lloydwoodson
01-11-2013, 06:06 PM
All I'm saying is that this is your opinion. Just because Ben was good friends with Asians everyone seems to just assume he hates Haley. People need to stop thinking there opinions are facts

I didn't know Ben was good friends with asians. I am glad to hear he celebrates multiculturalism. :sofunny:

It is nothing personal against Haley. Ben is just pissed his BFF got the boot he would have hated any offense that replaced the old one.

teegre
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM

That's a pretty funny typo.

wwhickok
01-11-2013, 06:10 PM
not necessarily.

Haley really wanted this job and to live in the Pittsburgh area - that had a lot to do with him pursuing and taking the job.
If he then would go somewhere like Arizona - only to be fired a year or so later and to be knocked out of the Pittsburgh organization as well - is not in his best interests. And thats something he aluded to before the season began this year.
I would be wary of that job.

I meant it was in his best interest to stay in Pittsburgh. I don't think he makes a good HC

pete74
01-11-2013, 06:18 PM
That's a pretty funny typo.

God damn spell check on my phone. At least it still made sense. Lol

teegre
01-11-2013, 06:37 PM
God damn spell check on my phone. At least it still made sense. Lol

Autocorrect is my mortal enemy. (see link)

http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/

Blackout
01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Haley leaves. I really do believe there's been problems between BB and Haley which is why the offense sort of collapsed near the end of the season when BB came back. I felt Haley's play-calling took more of a backseat to what BB wanted to do. He thinks he is a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady.

And he's not. I wish Haley would get in BB's face and tell him that. But I'm sure he is scared to get confrontational as he did in the past.

I actually like the dink and dunk, but you gotta have a solid run game to make the offense explosive. I believe this works more on BB's strengths. The Rooneys want more of that smash mouth offense, and they will get that under Haley, if we can get the O-line to make some lanes.

Maybe Haley also feels he won't be successful in Pittsburgh because BB doesn't want to cooperate with him.:noidea:

GoFor7
01-12-2013, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Haley leaves. I really do believe there's been problems between BB and Haley which is why the offense sort of collapsed near the end of the season when BB came back. I felt Haley's play-calling took more of a backseat to what BB wanted to do. He thinks he is a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady.

And he's not. I wish Haley would get in BB's face and tell him that. But I'm sure he is scared to get confrontational as he did in the past.

I actually like the dink and dunk, but you gotta have a solid run game to make the offense explosive. I believe this works more on BB's strengths. The Rooneys want more of that smash mouth offense, and they will get that under Haley, if we can get the O-line to make some lanes.

Maybe Haley also feels he won't be successful in Pittsburgh because BB doesn't want to cooperate with him.:noidea:

Maybe Ben is upset because the Steelers play Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out from their own stupidity at the end. :noidea:

Perhaps the Rooneys need to change their philosophies to match the modern NFL and not the early 70's.

steelfury02
01-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Maybe Ben is upset because the Steelers play Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game, then hope he bails them out from their own stupidity at the end. :noidea:

Perhaps the Rooneys need to change their philosophies to match the modern NFL and not the early 70's.

Marty Ball

Marty Ball

Marty Ball

The more you say it, the more it is true.

Or not.

Gnutella
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
The more I think about it, I can't even blame Todd Haley for the play-calling down the stretch. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The running game wasn't working because offensive linemen started dropping like flies, and the RBs proved incapable of carrying the load even when the offensive line was healthy. The passing game wasn't working because Roethlisberger was much more erratic after the injury to his throwing shoulder and adjacent rib. (Go figure.) In the end, he erred on the side of protecting the QB and chose to run the ball more.

pete74
01-12-2013, 01:49 PM

I have no clue were you get this from or why you think it. Do you really believe the Steelers want there running backs to only run for a yard or 2 on first down? Do you really think they want Ben to throw incompletion or interceptions? Do you think they want there WR's to drop or fumble there passes? Trust me, they want to score. They just haven't been executing very well.

Blackout
01-12-2013, 03:01 PM

Well after some of the boneheaded decisions Ben made at the end of the season...

teegre
01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
I have no clue were you get this from or why you think it. Do you really believe the Steelers want there running backs to only run for a yard or 2 on first down? Do you really think they want Ben to throw incompletion or interceptions? Do you think they want there WR's to drop or fumble there passes? Trust me, they want to score. They just haven't been executing very well.

You are becoming one of my favorite posters on here.

teegre
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
The more I think about it, I can't even blame Todd Haley for the play-calling down the stretch. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. The running game wasn't working because offensive linemen started dropping like flies, and the RBs proved incapable of carrying the load even when the offensive line was healthy. The passing game wasn't working because Roethlisberger was much more erratic after the injury to his throwing shoulder and adjacent rib. (Go figure.) In the end, he erred on the side of protecting the QB and chose to run the ball more.

I was thinking the same thing.

At the end of the season, in the Bengals game (I believe), the Steelers had a second & one and a third & one on back-to-back plays, in the red-zone. And, the Steelers passed twice... and afterwards, everyone was screaming that Haley not only should have run it twice, he should have run it on fourth down, as well.

BUT, if he had indeed run it (even once), people would have been screaming for BB to have passed it on those downs.

Damned if he did; damned if he didn't.

austinfrench76
01-12-2013, 07:41 PM
You cannot blame Haley for BB's injury or the offensive collapse and where people come up with there was a rift with him and BB is beyond me! BB got hurt, season over. Sorry. I know people want there to have been a rift or a fist fight or someone slept with someone's wife but there is no evidence of anything other than Ben got hurt. C'mon!

Vis
01-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Report: Todd Haley set 'very high' price during Cardinals interview

Apparently Todd Haley is very happy in his position as Steelers offensive coordinator because according to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, he set his asking price "very high" and made steep demands during his interview last week with Cardinals owner Mike Bidwill.

Haley has a nice relationship with Cardinals owner Mike Bidwill, going back to his days as the team’s offensive coordinator under Coach Ken Whisenhunt.

But he has repeated many times how happy he is to be working with the Steelers and back living in the area where he grew up. Haley’s dad, Dick, was the Steelers’ long-time director of player personnel who helped build the franchise’s first four Super Bowl teams.

Hawaii 5-0
01-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Is Haley Still In The Running For The Cardinals Job Now That McCoy Is Off The Market?

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 by Dave Bryan

On Monday, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reported that a source had told him that Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley told Arizona Cardinals team president Michael Bidwell what he wanted and what he needed to become their new head coach. And that Haley set the asking price very high as he really doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh unless it is really worth his while.

Now, roughly 24 hours later, Dulac is reporting that Haley's chances of getting the Cardinals job might be improving after the San Diego Chargers hired Mike McCoy, who was the offensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos, as their new head coach on Tuesday. Several, including myself, thought McCoy was the odds on favorite to get the Arizona job.

With McCoy, an offensive minded coach, now officially off the market, that leaves Haley, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden, and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton as the remaining candidates that have reportedly already interviewed for the Cardinals job. Have more interviewed that we just don't know about? We don't know.

According to Pro Football Talk, rumors are making the rounds that Steve Keim, the Cardinals newly named General Manager, will be making roughly $750,000 following his promotion, which would reportedly make him the lowest-paid General Manager in the league.

If indeed Haley is shooting for the moon salary wise, as Dulac suggest that he is, then you would have to wonder if Haley really is still a candidate for the job. Would the Cardinals really pay their head coach more than their General Manager?

With the Senior Bowl practices getting underway next week down in Mobile, AL, you would think that the Cardinals would want to have their new head coach in place by this weekend. Bidwell said after he fired Ken Whisenhunt that the search for his successor would be done with due diligence. Maybe there was too much diligence used as it appears McCoy was stolen away from them and it now appears as if they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

How will this all play out? I don't think anyone really knows at this point.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/is-haley-still-in-the-running-for-the-cardinals-job-now-that-mccoy-is-off-the-market/

steelfury02
01-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Cards eye Seattle's Darrell Bevell
[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8847966/arizona-cardinals-add-seattle-seahawks-

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Cardinals are going to take a look at Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, reportedly setting up an interview with the man who provided the game plan that led to the Seahawks' 58-0 victory over Arizona.

The other known candidates to replace the fired Ken Whisenhunt are Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.

With the exception of Horton, the candidates are rooted in offense and that's the Cardinals' area of greatest need. Arizona had the worst offense in the NFL last season.

Bevell, who also is in the running for the Chicago Bears' job, played a key role in the development of rookie quarterback Russell Wilson. The tandem of Bevell and Wilson, who both played college ball at Wisconsin, helped the Seahawks' offense become more potent as the season progressed.

Seattle put together an impressive rally before losing 30-28 at Atlanta in the NFC semifinals last weekend.

Bevell, 43, has local roots. He grew up in Scottsdale, and attended Chaparral High. He spent a redshirt freshman season at Northern Arizona before leaving for a two-year Mormon mission. When Bevell returned, he enrolled at Wisconsin and quarterbacked the Badgers to a Rose Bowl victory over UCLA in 1994.

He joined the professional coaching ranks in 2000 as an offensive assistant in Green Bay and was promoted to quarterbacks coach of the Packers three years later. Bevell served as the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings from 2006 to 2010. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll brought him in as offensive coordinator in 2011.

The Cardinals' list of potential coaches lost a name when the San Diego Chargers hired Mike McCoy.

The Cardinals obviously had high interest in McCoy, interviewing him in Denver over the Broncos' bye weekend in the first round of the playoffs. They wanted a second interview, but were thwarted when the Chargers closed the deal.

It was the second time a would-be candidate was taken away. Cardinals president Michael Bidwill had reached out to fired Philadelphia coach Andy Reid but never even got a chance to interview him because the Kansas City Chiefs moved in quickly to secure an agreement.

Whisenhunt, interviewed for several NFL head coaching jobs since his dismissal, was fired by Arizona after six seasons, tied for the longest tenure for a coach in the Cardinals' long, mostly losing history. He got the team to the Super Bowl in his second season and won a second straight NFC West title the following year, but quarterback Kurt Warner retired and the team's offense never recovered.

The Cardinals used four quarterbacks this season. Only Kevin Kolb had much success, helping the team to a 4-0 start before going down in week six with what proved to be a season-ending rib injury. Kolb threw for eight touchdowns with three interceptions. The other three QBs -- John Skelton, rookie Ryan Lindley, and late-season pickup Brian Hoyer combined for three TDs and 18 picks.

Arizona went six games without a touchdown pass, losing 11 of its last 12 to finish 5-11.

Arizona also fired general manager Rod Graves, promoting Steve Keim, the vice president for player personnel, to fill the vacancy.

Horton, who also interviewed for the jobs in Buffalo and Cleveland before those teams went elsewhere for a coach, has a year left on his contract as defensive coordinator and presumably would return to that job if he doesn't get the head coaching position.

The Cardinals have confirmed interviews with Horton and Gruden but not with Haley, although Steelers president Art Rooney II told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the interview did take place.

Terminator
01-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Looks like we are gonna be stuck with this turd for another season.

steelfury02
01-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Looks like we are gonna be stuck with this turd for another season.

I'd rather have him than blowing up the offense and starting all over again with someone unproven - there isn't exactly anyone else available aside from promoting within, and then there's no guarantee those people are going to be kept

steelfury02
01-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Cardinals hire Arians

Let's see how awesome he is now.:rofl:

teegre
01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Cardinals hire Arians

Let's see how awesome he is now.:rofl:

Let the "BB to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald & the 7th overall pick" rumors commence.

steelfury02
01-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Let the "BB to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald & the 7th overall pick" rumors commence.

haha - "Screw the 7th overall pick - I want the almighty Kolb in there with Fitzgerald.":chuckle:

zcoop
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
haha - "Screw the 7th overall pick - I want the almighty Kolb in there with Fitzgerald.":chuckle:

Sure you jest..............:chuckle:

Steel Peon
01-18-2013, 11:09 PM

I'll be sure to remember where I heard this first.

steelfury02
01-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Sure you jest..............:chuckle:

we joke but, Ben and Steelers better find a way to meet in the middle on his "tweaking"