PDA

View Full Version : We HAVE to repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parker39
08-15-2006, 05:19 PM
It was great seeing Bettis go out as a champion with XL.

But after about a day on the ESPN threads, what I've realized is everyone is STILL fed up about the Super Bowl officiating.

Now, what's all that work winning a championship without the bonus of national ass kissing from the media and other fans? That's something we haven't got. But it's something every other Super Bowl winner has got over the years. And it's something I feel we are owed and strongly entitled too. They kissed Tom Brady's ass every waking moment. Why not Bettis? Or at least the Rooneys?

Repeats are extremely hard to come about, but we're entitled to some praise for once in this franchise's long existance.

Now, your first impression is that I'm probably an extremely pessimistic fan. You're right. I feel that if you expect the worst, then if the worst happens, it's exactly what you expected anyway. A win seems that much more exciting that way too!

So let me say something that I said on August 15 of last year too:

WE...ARE GOING...TO LOSE.[/REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY]

That should do it.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Nice first post.

100% fortified whine.

NM

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
It was great seeing Bettis go out as a champion with XL.

But after about a day on the ESPN threads, what I've realized is everyone is STILL fed up about the Super Bowl officiating.

Now, what's all that work winning a championship without the bonus of national ass kissing from the media and other fans? That's something we haven't got. But it's something every other Super Bowl winner has got over the years. And it's something I feel we are owed and strongly entitled too. They kissed Tom Brady's ass every waking moment. Why not Bettis? Or at least the Rooneys?

Repeats are extremely hard to come about, but we're entitled to some praise for once in this franchise's long existance.

Now, your first impression is that I'm probably an extremely pessimistic fan. You're right. I feel that if you expect the worst, then if the worst happens, it's exactly what you expected anyway. A win seems that much more exciting that way too!

So let me say something that I said on August 15 of last year too:

WE...ARE GOING...TO LOSE.[/REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY]

That should do it.one thing i noticed about the espn and sportsline boards is that the 2 most trashed characters are p. manning and bill cowher. a bunch of young posters absolutely know neither can get it done. many morons who dont bother offering insight. just that someone is a choker or cheater. typical catch phrases used by the stupid.

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Nice first post.

100& fortified whine.

NM

nice 2986th post.

100% grade A pocket sausage.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 05:39 PM
nice 2986th post.

100% grade A pocket sausage.

Ha ha.

You certainly have an extended dictionary when it comes to the male sexual organ - any particular reason for that?

NM

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Ha ha.

You certainly have an extended dictionary when it comes to the male sexual organ - any particular reason for that?

NM

because i have one. shall i refer to the main vein as the corpus spongeosum in your presence? or were you just bringing a weak form of smack cause i called you a ****?

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 05:59 PM
because i have one. shall i refer to the main vein as the corpus spongeosum in your presence? or were you just bringing a weak form of smack cause i called you a ****?

Ahhhh.

Now, I understand - 'because you have one'.

No smack here Tony, just honest observations.

I'll leave the weak smack to you - its obviously a fort?.

NM

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Ahhhh.

Now, I understand - 'because you have one'.

No smack here Tony, just honest observations.

I'll leave the weak smack to you - its obviously a fort?.

NMmajor discovery!

the lone man on earth who doesnt know more that 3 words to call his pecker, schlong, weenie, johnson, unit, phallus, etc. :busted:

give me a break! your holier than thou attitude gets worse as the season approaches.
just another excuse to be a meat stick.

(the preceding words were brought to you by "honest observation")

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-15-2006, 06:10 PM
I thouhg all this talk would stop once football started....You know??? Thought it was just offseason boredom.....But i guess kids will be kids...:boxing:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Especially since the Patriots have the annointed "Mother of All Mulligans" with the Brady fumble against the Raiders pat fans should know that vindication is a natural emotion when sore losers can't face the facts.

A year from now the only ones crying in their coffee about XL will be seahawk fan. Just like today the only ones whining about the Brady Mulligan are raiders fans.

BBC
08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Now, what's all that work winning a championship without the bonus of national ass kissing from the media and other fans? That's something we haven't got. But it's something every other Super Bowl winner has got over the years. And it's something I feel we are owed and strongly entitled too. They kissed Tom Brady's ass every waking moment.

For the record, I wouldn't exactly call the 'ass kissing from the media' a 'bonus'.

Do you really think this was the first Super Bowl with controversy? Ever heard of the tuck rule? People are still bitching about that (which was indeed the correct call. A stupid rule? Maybe. The right call? You betchya). Every fan of losing teams finds something to bitch about. They can't blame their own team - so they have to find something else (and usually, it's the refs). Case in point:

http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi/

Elvis
08-15-2006, 06:44 PM
First of all... I am Not a Raider fan, but they got screwed and tattooed in that game.. Period!!
I think that all the nay sayers about the Steelers win in Super Bowl XL are just still gettin' on my nerves. I agree that the TD that they gave Big Ben was very questionable but the holding call that nulified a Seattle TD that could happen on any play. Most every announcer says that there could be holding called on Every Play. So, Nay Sayers... Go Home and Shut Up.
God Bless All
Elvis

Parker39
08-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Every fan of losing teams finds something to bitch about. They can't blame their own team - so they have to find something else (and usually, it's the refs).
Yeah, but in both cases, with the tuck rule and with Super Bowl officials, it's not so much the losing team as it is everyone but the winning team.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 07:12 PM
major discovery!

the lone man on earth who doesnt know more that 3 words to call his pecker, schlong, weenie, johnson, unit, phallus, etc. :busted:

give me a break! your holier than thou attitude gets worse as the season approaches.
just another excuse to be a meat stick.

(the preceding words were brought to you by "honest observation")

Well Tony, we all devote our mental resources to different things - your speciality happens to be kindergarten names for the penis.

Just because I am aware of these different names does not mean I have to include them in my posts at every opportunity like some over excitable 6 year old who has just discovered them.

Whatever works for you though.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say, so I appreciate your attempt to recreate my sponsorship quip - though you probably actually might want to try injecting a little humor next time.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 07:14 PM
First of all... I am Not a Raider fan, but they got screwed and tattooed in that game.. Period!!
I think that all the nay sayers about the Steelers win in Super Bowl XL are just still gettin' on my nerves. I agree that the TD that they gave Big Ben was very questionable but the holding call that nulified a Seattle TD that could happen on any play. Most every announcer says that there could be holding called on Every Play. So, Nay Sayers... Go Home and Shut Up.
God Bless All
Elvis

As BBC says - it may well be a bad rule, maybe even an unfair rule, but it was a rule none the less and it was correctly applied.

Woodson should have been penalised for an arm slap to Brady's helmet.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 07:17 PM
For the record, I wouldn't exactly call the 'ass kissing from the media' a 'bonus'.

Do you really think this was the first Super Bowl with controversy? Ever heard of the tuck rule? People are still bitching about that (which was indeed the correct call. A stupid rule? Maybe. The right call? You betchya). Every fan of losing teams finds something to bitch about. They can't blame their own team - so they have to find something else (and usually, it's the refs). Case in point:

That has to be one of the most demented websites I have ever seen.

All the video footage breakdowns fail to show anything that corresponds to the comments attributed to it.

I seen this a few years back, I was as amazed then as I am now.

NM

BBC
08-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah, but in both cases, with the tuck rule and with Super Bowl officials, it's not so much the losing team as it is everyone but the winning team.

And it still doesn't make either of the two Super Bowl titles any less deserved :hunch:

Stillers#1
08-15-2006, 08:05 PM
And it still doesn't make either of the two Super Bowl titles any less deserved :hunch:

Of course it's demented, it shows what was wrong with your first Super Bowl win. You are the biggest homer there ever was. I'll be the first Steelers fan to admit that the ref's calls in the Super Bowl hosed the Seahawks, simply by robbing them of momentum, not that they were the wrong call (except the hasselback block, that was terrible).

The Pat's won't amount to squat this year. They got off easy last year in one of the worst divisions in the league, this year the Dolphins are going to look good. And I can't wait to see you back-pedal all season long.

Stillers#1
08-15-2006, 08:19 PM

Of course it's demented, it shows what was wrong with your first Super Bowl win. You are the biggest homer there ever was. I'll be the first Steelers fan to admit that the ref's calls in the Super Bowl hosed the Seahawks, simply by robbing them of momentum, not that they were the wrong call (except the hasselback block, that was terrible).

The Pat's won't amount to squat this year. They got off easy last year in one of the worst divisions in the league, this year the Dolphins are going to look good. And I can't wait to see you back-pedal all season long.

And I am an idiot who re-posts. OOOOPs my bad guys.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 08:38 PM

And I am an idiot who re-posts. OOOOPs my bad guys.

You also managed to quote the wrong person - twice.

So the Seahawks got 'hosed' by the refs because the correct calls robbed them of momentum?

Im getting some seriously mixed messages here.

Someone getting 'hosed' and 'robbed' normally have been wronged in someway - yet you are saying that they were given a raw deal because the refs called it correctly?

Those are some brave predictions you have there - Miami to 'look good' - im gonna go put me some money on that one.

And the Pats wont amount to squat?

Are you suggesting 8-8 or worse?

NM

Stillers#1
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
You also managed to quote the wrong person - twice.

NM

Sonuva Bitch........ur still a tool, ya homer.

BBC
08-15-2006, 08:41 PM

:laughing:

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 08:43 PM

Sure I am.

Im a tool who can master the basics of using this forum though.

NM

Stillers#1
08-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Sure I am.

Im a tool who can master the basics of using this forum though.

NM

You also must be the only tool who has never made a mistake. Get over urself ya mook. You knew the point I was making.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 08:50 PM
You also must be the only tool who has never made a mistake. Get over urself ya mook. You knew the point I was making.

Instead of compounding your earlier error by whining about it - why dont you reply to the rest of that post.

Patriots to go 8-8 or worse?

Miami to go 11-5?

I'd like to know exactly what you think 'not amounting to squat' and looking 'pretty good' correlate to in terms of final records.

This is LITP by the way...just in case you get confused. :smile:

NM

Stillers#1
08-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Instead of compounding your earlier error by whining about it - why dont you reply to the rest of that post.

Patriots to go 8-8 or worse?

Miami to go 11-5?

I'd like to know exactly what you think 'not amounting to squat' and looking 'pretty good' correlate to in terms of final records.

This is LITP by the way...just in case you get confused. :smile:

NM

Pats Schedule:

Date Opponent
Sep 10 Buffalo - W
Sep 17 @N.Y. Jets - W
Sep 24 Denver - L (again)
Oct 1 @Cincinnati - W
Oct 8 Miami - L
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Buffalo - W
Oct 30 @Minnesota - W
Nov 5 Indianapolis - L
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets - W
Nov 19 @Green Bay - W
Nov 26 Chicago - L
Dec 3 Detroit - W
Dec 10 @Miami - L
Dec 17 Houston - W
Dec 24 @Jacksonville -W
Dec 31 @Tennessee - L

10-6 is my guess

Dolphins:

Date Opponent Time
Sep 7 @Pittsburgh - L
Sep 17 Buffalo - W
Sep 24 Tennessee - W
Oct 1 @Houston - W
Oct 8 @New England - W
Oct 15 @N.Y. Jets - W
Oct 22 Green Bay - W
Week 8 BYE
Nov 5 @Chicago - L
Nov 12 Kansas City - W
Nov 19 Minnesota - W
Nov 23 @Detroit - W
Dec 3 Jacksonville - W
Dec 10 New England - W
Dec 17 @Buffalo - W
Dec 25 N.Y. Jets - W
Dec 31 @Indianapolis - L (for the #1 seed btw)

13-3 (with a possible win against the Steelers, which would mkae them 14-2)

This is what I meant. The pats will be watching the playoffs, then we will get to hear the real whining.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Pats Schedule:

Date Opponent
Sep 10 Buffalo - W
Sep 17 @N.Y. Jets - W
Sep 24 Denver - L (again)
Oct 1 @Cincinnati - W
Oct 8 Miami - L
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Buffalo - W
Oct 30 @Minnesota - W
Nov 5 Indianapolis - L
Nov 12 N.Y. Jets - W
Nov 19 @Green Bay - W
Nov 26 Chicago - L
Dec 3 Detroit - W
Dec 10 @Miami - L
Dec 17 Houston - W
Dec 24 @Jacksonville -W
Dec 31 @Tennessee - L

10-6 is my guess

Dolphins:

Date Opponent Time
Sep 7 @Pittsburgh - L
Sep 17 Buffalo - W
Sep 24 Tennessee - W
Oct 1 @Houston - W
Oct 8 @New England - W
Oct 15 @N.Y. Jets - W
Oct 22 Green Bay - W
Week 8 BYE
Nov 5 @Chicago - L
Nov 12 Kansas City - W
Nov 19 Minnesota - W
Nov 23 @Detroit - W
Dec 3 Jacksonville - W
Dec 10 New England - W
Dec 17 @Buffalo - W
Dec 25 N.Y. Jets - W
Dec 31 @Indianapolis - L (for the #1 seed btw)

13-3 (with a possible win against the Steelers, which would mkae them 14-2)

This is what I meant. The pats will be watching the playoffs, then we will get to hear the real whining.

Thanks Stiller#1,

I have no problem in people predicting the demise of the Patriots, or even the rise of the Dolphins.

Thanks for doing the records (I mean that) and fixtures - it'll be handy to keep and see how it works out as the season progresses.

NM

Stillers#1
08-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks Stiller#1,

I have no problem in people predicting the demise of the Patriots, or even the rise of the Dolphins.

Thanks for doing the records (I mean that) and fixtures - it'll be handy to keep and see how it works out as the season progresses.

NM
No problem, I won't charge you either when you start calling ur booky halfway through the season.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2006, 09:11 PM
No problem, I won't charge you either when you start calling ur booky halfway through the season.

Ha ha.

Its a deal.

NM

19ward86
08-15-2006, 11:32 PM
must not be too hard cause we did it twice! amen

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Well Tony, we all devote our mental resources to different things - your speciality happens to be kindergarten names for the penis.

Just because I am aware of these different names does not mean I have to include them in my posts at every opportunity like some over excitable 6 year old who has just discovered them.

Whatever works for you though.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say, so I appreciate your attempt to recreate my sponsorship quip - though you probably actually might want to try injecting a little humor next time.

NMi see being called a pocket sausage has clearly gotten under your skin or else you would just let it go (the subject, not the sausage). if you do a quick search im sure you will find and prove its a tired and worn out phrase used by kindergarteners on this (or any) board. they (some) do say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. others would say its the best way to mock somebody who says something completely stupid.

unfortunately the latter applies to you.

stlrtruck
08-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Here's my take on the whole media kissing up to the Steelers (amidst all the regurgitated smackless talk coming from others)...

Who cares what the media does for Pittsburgh? We've never been a fan favorite. And that's probably due to the fact that we are STEELERS NATION. We are not just located in Da' Burgh. We live in all around this great country, we travel well and in packs. We raise our children to not only be fans but to understand the game. Our children, teach their children, and thus Steelers Nation continues to grow and that bothers fans of the other 30 teams.

I don't need the media (in any form) to tell me that my team is great and should repeat. I don't care if they say my team sucks. Truth of the matter is this...We are the Defending Super Bowl Champions and there are 31 other teams trying to dethrone us (not to mention the various media outlets that want us to lose). And for that I offer them this....COME MEET STEELERS NATION...We are LOUD and PROUD and don't care about you or who you cheer!

HometownGal
08-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Here's my take on the whole media kissing up to the Steelers (amidst all the regurgitated smackless talk coming from others)...

Who cares what the media does for Pittsburgh? We've never been a fan favorite. And that's probably due to the fact that we are STEELERS NATION. We are not just located in Da' Burgh. We live in all around this great country, we travel well and in packs. We raise our children to not only be fans but to understand the game. Our children, teach their children, and thus Steelers Nation continues to grow and that bothers fans of the other 30 teams.

I don't need the media (in any form) to tell me that my team is great and should repeat. I don't care if they say my team sucks. Truth of the matter is this...We are the Defending Super Bowl Champions and there are 31 other teams trying to dethrone us (not to mention the various media outlets that want us to lose). And for that I offer them this....COME MEET STEELERS NATION...We are LOUD and PROUD and don't care about you or who you cheer!

Good post, stlrtruck. We aren't the hunters any longer- we are the hunted - I think the Steelers will rise up to that title :bouncy: The team is going to be under a miscroscope this season, as all defending SB champs are, so be prepared to hear the incessant gloom and doom from the media if they have a bad game or even if Cowher farts in the wrong direction. Its all part of being the hated team on the top.

SteelCityMan786
08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
My Lord people can't just let it GO! 2005 is over time to focus on 2006. Yes I know I ranted about it but that doesn't I mean peopleshouldn't just move on

BBC
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
My Lord people can't just let it GO! 2005 is over time to focus on 2006. Yes I know I ranted about it but that doesn't I mean peopleshouldn't just move on

Maybe you should lead by example? :hunch:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I agree we need to repeat,but for a different reason.

I don't give a flying f--k about the media kissing our collective ass.I like it better when they are against us,when them and everybody else think we won't do anything.That puts a chip on the shoulders of the players,and they play better that way.

We need to repeat to prove that the Super Bowl XL win wasn't a fluke and wasn't because of the refs though.We need to repeat for the city,the fans,and the tradition the Steelers have.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-16-2006, 04:40 PM

Excellent link.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Woodson should have been penalised for an arm slap to Brady's helmet.

NM
Since when are we in the UK? Penalized? I thought a Key To Oakland would have been most appropriate. :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
08-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Since when are we in the UK? Penalized? I thought a Key To Oakland would have been most appropriate.

Apologies, I try to do as the Romans do when in Rome but sometimes I slip up :chuckle:

NM

clevestinks
08-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I didnt get a chance to read everyones good takes, but we will repeat, Cuz thats what we do.

BlackNGold203
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Welcome back Cleve.....:cool: :cool:

clevestinks
08-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Welcome back Cleve.....:cool: :cool:
Thank you sir, but I never really left, I`m just laying lower!