PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid hired by KC Chiefs

The_Joker
01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8812387/andy-reid-reaches-agreement-next-coach-kansas-city-chiefs

I think it's a very smart move on both parts.

Vis
01-04-2013, 02:40 PM
I think he'll last 3 years. No QB. And Vick won't save him.

TRH
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM
the offer was apparently ridiculously enticing with the amount of control they let Reid have - not to mention that #1 pick in the draft next year (which they could take or trade down and get additional high picks).

They'll go get the necessary QB they need - i'm sure that was a must for Reid. Flynn is floundering now up in Seattle and Alex Smith will look to make a move too. Lots of options for this team.

Vis
01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
the offer was apparently ridiculously enticing with the amount of control they let Reid have - not to mention that #1 pick in the draft next year (which they could take or trade down and get additional high picks).

They'll go get the necessary QB they need - i'm sure that was a must for Reid. Flynn is floundering now up in Seattle and Alex Smith will look to make a move too. Lots of options for this team.

Name a trade partner. There isn't a must have #1 player this year.

TRH
01-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Maybe not...

But the team still has tons of options. Reid definitely got the better end of the deal here......there's always alot of good candidates - teams don't need to concede so much control - but they get emotional and hire fast.

PATS16N0
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Not sure if Reid is an NFL dinosaur.
Or NFL bad ass for getting to five NFC Championship games with McNabb.

OliverPoop
01-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Wait Wait did the Chiefs interview a minority candidate before making this hire? Because if they didn't...

lloydwoodson
01-06-2013, 02:03 AM
I wonder if Andy Reid's 5 year deal lasts as long as Romeo Crennel's 3 year deal signed January of last year?

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Reid is a very good coach, but he'll likely follow in the footsteps of Bum Phillips, Bill Parcells, etc, in terms of instead of rebuilding the team with younger talent with his next team, he could very well go back and get his older players(aka retreads) thinking he needs to turn the corner quickly.

Could McNabb or Vick be his starting QB? Could Brian Dawkins be coming back? We shall see.

ZoneBlitzer
01-12-2013, 10:58 PM
The Chiefs are just an embarrassment. Reid will crash and burn.