PDA

View Full Version : carson palmer- fish or cut bait!

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
carson is suggesting that he dont think hell be ready to go for any game this preseason. today m. lewis hinted that if he doesnt play in the next game or 2 hes not gonna start him. is lewis putting the hot iron to him to get his ass on the field?

lewis covered his ass fromappearing to play the heavy hand by stating that only carson knows when he mentally and physically feels ready to go and the team is not gonna dictate when that happens.

carson has declared that he is sick of answereing questions about his knee and lewis said he was too. but from now on the media has been directed to leave carson alone and all knee questions will be addressed by the head coach.

wow! carson comes off looking softer than sharmin, and lewis comes of as a manipulative self serving dictator.

and in light of bens motorcycle accident he looks like a valiant hero and cowher looks like a trusting coach who can appropriately handle any situation.

AZ_Steeler
08-15-2006, 05:48 PM
I saw the Carson interview and he really sounded... kind of scared! I actually couldn't believe what he was saying primarily because you don't normally hear those words come from an athlete. I really believe 83-Steelers-43 (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=137061#post137061) said it best when comparing Ben and Carson though.

Marvin could really be losing some faith in his QB and getting irritated, especially when he sees what happened to Ben and Ben is already on the field again. I really feel his comments were to get Carson thinking and get him on the field again, however, a lot of it has to do with what you said about the coaches trusting their players and knowing how to handle certain situations. Marvin has no control right now and his trust in Palmer is definitely on the decline.

Mamaduck43
08-15-2006, 05:50 PM
What I heard in the interviews with Palmer tells the tale..... He doesn't feel that he is ready - - - he is doubting himself in his head, and that will lead to indecision when and if he finally goes in to play.... I know that the surgery and healing process have been hard on him, but he has to get out there and do it.....

It is interesting to see how two individuals handle injury and adversity - - - - Palmer has been the naysayer and Ben didn't have a moment of doubt that he would be out there playing ASAP!!!!!!

I am glad that we have the right man leading our team - - - - wait - - - strike that - - - we have the right MEN leading our team - - - a Quarterback with guts and the mindset to win, and a Coach who has confidence in his players and will be supportive, no matter what!!!!!

Mahalo, Ben and mahalo, Coach Cowher for being exactly what we need to repeat...... Miami, here we come............

Mosca
08-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Thing is, if he doesn't play football like he did before, what the hell else would he do? There's no need in the NFL for another mediocre quarterback. He might be able to sell insurance with Touchdown Tommy, maybe? THe guy's gotta pull his act together and realize he can be a car salesman on his knee like it is, or after it gets blown out again; but he can only be a great NFL QB by getting out there and doing it. If he babies it, he's on his way out just as surely as if he never did any rehab at all.

I think he'll come around. I hope so. I like the guy, and I like him most when he's ****y and winning. I hope that all his comments are just, "This is what I need to do to get back to beating the Steelers, I need a little more time," and not, "I don't know that I'll ever get back there." I like to play the best, not the ones left over.

Tom

HburgXL06
08-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Funny, it seemed only a few months ago both of those individuals had no problem telling the world how they would be ready for the regular season and back stronger than ever!

Now it seems that Carson has transformed from Alexander the "Great" to Timid Tiny Tim. While at the same time Marvin is playin the angry father who wants to push his kid harder than the kid is able in or for him to live vicariously through his supposed guaranteed success. Interestin to say the least.

On a side note, the newly self-appointed "Don of Cin-city" Marvin Lewis performed another interview today in which he stated that the man he thought was his "up-and-comer" has now become soft and a possible leak to his secure organization that he now refers to as the "Black Stripes." This new moniker for the bengals team and organization given by Lewis is supposed to call attention away from the color orange which in the words or the esteemed Don Lewis are "too close to what I've seen in the Pen." Questions as to whether these comments mean that Lewis is "jail-o-phobic" are yet to be answered but with most of his team possibly havin to spend time in the penal system it would be understandable that Lewis would not want to associate his organization with a color that some would regard as far too appropriate. As to the new methods of organizational fundraisin that is again still yet to be decipherred. When it finally is the report to the public will most likely be delayed due to the FBI not wantin to tip off the Don that he has been found out on his illegal activity. The FBI and other government organizations have commented that not since the time of Al Capone has an individual took such control of a delusional and out of control society with the ease and extent that Marvin Lewis has. This has been creditted to the fact that, like Capone, Lewis has surrounded himself with various types and kinds of men that can be used for all sorts of criminal activity.

BuFu

CantStop85
08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Funny how people were criticizing Palmer for trying to rush back into action and risk injury...and now the same people are criticizing him for doing the complete opposite.

Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Carson was injured on the field, Ben was injured on a bike. The same hesitancy from Carson about getting back on the field is the same hesitancy that Ben will probably experience about getting back on his bike.

Thing is, if he doesn't play football like he did before, what the hell else would he do? There's no need in the NFL for another mediocre quarterback. He might be able to sell insurance with Touchdown Tommy, maybe? THe guy's gotta pull his act together and realize he can be a car salesman on his knee like it is, or after it gets blown out again; but he can only be a great NFL QB by getting out there and doing it. If he babies it, he's on his way out just as surely as if he never did any rehab at all.

Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.

BlackNGold203
08-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Funny how people were criticizing Palmer for trying to rush back into action and risk injury...and now the same people are criticizing him for doing the complete opposite.

Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Carson was injured on the field, Ben was injured on a bike. The same hesitancy from Carson about getting back on the field is the same hesitancy that Ben will probably experience about getting back on his bike.

Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.

Too bad his coach doesnt feel the same way....

Hines86Ward
08-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Daunte Culpepper had a very similar, if not the same injury that Carson Palmer had. He started his rehab after Palmer did, and he's already out on the field.

CantStop85
08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Daunte Culpepper had a very similar, if not the same injury that Carson Palmer had. He started his rehab after Palmer did, and he's already out on the field.
Daunte Culpepper got injured almost two months before Palmer did...and just because he's back on the field doesn't mean he's 100%.

MasterOfPuppets
08-15-2006, 07:25 PM

exactly...who has it all too loose by coming back to early??? sure as hell isn't marv!!! palmer had the serious version of knee problems and by rights shouldn't even see the field till probably week 4. i would have said week 1 would have been pushing it,but to come back in a meaningless pre season game would be assanine on his part and lewis's.

Mosca
08-15-2006, 07:25 PM

Yep, I agree, that's why the second paragraph of my post. I miss most of the media stuff. I hope it's "I need to take it slow to be ready when the time comes" and not "I need to take it easy because I'm afraid of another injury." I wish the guy all the best, I love a great competitor. From what I know, he'll do it the right way.

Tom

LambertIsGod58
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I started a thread over the weekend stating how gun shy Palmer is...he also hinted that the coaching staff isn't as concerned about his knee and he is. I guess it is true...But as far as Lewis benching him...he'd be foolish. Palmer is one of the premier QB's in the league.

tony hipchest
08-15-2006, 08:00 PM

Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.funny how people who were so convinced that he would play in week one and scoffed at steelerfans suggestions that the qb might want to see his rehab through are finally seeing the light.

no one is critisizing carson for doing whats right for him, his career, and ultimately the team. sure he is being called charmin soft but it is, especially when compared to lewis's hard handed approach. if nothing it is lewis and the ignorant bengalfans who were so sure that carson would be ready that are being critisized.

i will critisize carsons new stance to no longer address the questions. but that may be lewis's call to save face and attempt to do the right thing and handle it like cowher did his qb. after all it was ben who made a stupid mistake and didnt just suffer a football injury. cowher said he wants ben to stay "who he is". the rooneys said there will be no anti motorcycle clause in his next contract, and they left it up to ben to answer the critics. all those critics have been shut up. ben is now looked at as exonerated. the questions are dead, and ben is back to being a hero.

now the story is carson and lewis. funny how that works out huh?

ARKIESTEEL
08-16-2006, 06:38 AM
I started a thread over the weekend stating how gun shy Palmer is...he also hinted that the coaching staff isn't as concerned about his knee and he is. I guess it is true...But as far as Lewis benching him...he'd be foolish. Palmer is one of the premier QB's in the league.

He is if he has wheels if not then the bunguls will be at the bottom of the AFC north. I know its a team sport but they run that high powered offense thing and you cant do it without a great QB.

I say throw him out on the field the LB will tell you if he can move or not:sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
08-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Cantmakeavalidpoint was right, Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Ben's was LIFE THREATENING, and Carson's was a sports injury. Your QB is timid, and scared to take a hit after sustaining an injury while PLAYING a game, while our QB did a face-plant off a motorcycle. One guy gets his knee twisted, while the other looks the grim-reaper in the face. Hmmmmm...which one of these two situations is the more severe? Bens. And which person in question is the first one to knuckle up and get back in the game? Ben.

Carson dug his own grave by doing all those various interviews, whether it was SI, or pick your favorite NFL show (mine was the interview with Rod Woodson), and lamented on about how he'd be ready, how he hated the Steelers, how he would've spun Rod Woodson around like a top, blah blah blah, and now the lil boy's afraid to get hit.

I've said it before, and now Carson's just cementing my argument. He is soft. It's only fitting the cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz, and the QB of the Bengals are both of the cat-family. Take your Heisman and trade it in for a spine.

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 02:10 PM
pretty simple actually.....

Palmer is being smart...his future is at stake...

Lewis is scared shitless...because he KNOWS with Wright at QB he's facing a 1-3 start...then several more games while Palmer gets back in a groove...

bigbensgirl7
08-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I think the whole thing is about how the Benglas, Carson, Lewis, the media in Cincy and the Bengal fans have been talking this entire off season that CARSON WOULD BE BACK FOR GAME 1. I for one want Carson in there when the Steelers face him, but at the same time Carson should look out for himself and his future, for that I do not thinik he is soft, this is an injury that does take some time to heal completely. Unlike the Steelers though...the Bengals do not have a great all around team and losing one guy for a couple of games could be very costly...yes, the Bengals and Lewis are scared...esp. after all their talking and their attitudes this offseason.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Personally,I want Carson to come back when he feels ready.It's his health and career on the line,not Marvin Lewis'.If he comes back to early,he's probally f--ked.

Marvin is handling this the wrong way and it will come back to bite him in the ass eventually.Carson will either come back to soon and totally screw his knee up beyong repair...or Carson will wait until he feels comfortable and there will be a huge rift between Lewis and Palmer.

Who will Mike Brown fire if the rift gets so big one of the two has to go?Marvin Lewis,because Palmer is the face if the Bengals and sells jersyes.

I also feel that Palmer,Lewis,the Bengals,and thier fans have dug Carson into this hole where he looks like a complete wuss.All he talked about was getting back on the field against KC,how he wanted revenge against the Steelers,how he'd come back better than before.Now Carson's not so sure and the Bengals,Lewis,and the fans are trying to backpeddle.

Tankus_Maximus
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
They're backpeddling so much, it's no wonder Collinsworth is an attorney. Carson oughtta keep his words nice and soft, as he just may have to eat them.

I can respect one man's decision on how to handle his personal health..but that respect goes out the window when you talk as much smack as Carson did.

You reap what you sew.

bigbensgirl7
08-16-2006, 04:58 PM
They're backpeddling so much, it's no wonder Collinsworth is an attorney. Carson oughtta keep his words nice and soft, as he just may have to eat them.

I can respect one man's decision on how to handle his personal health..but that respect goes out the window when you talk as much smack as Carson did.

You reap what you sew.
True...if Carson wouldn't have talked so much crap, no one would be really saying anything about him not being quite ready for the season. That's just it....the Benglas don't know when to talk and when to shut up!

CantStop85
08-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Cantmakeavalidpoint was right, Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Ben's was LIFE THREATENING, and Carson's was a sports injury. Your QB is timid, and scared to take a hit after sustaining an injury while PLAYING a game, while our QB did a face-plant off a motorcycle. One guy gets his knee twisted, while the other looks the grim-reaper in the face. Hmmmmm...which one of these two situations is the more severe? Bens. And which person in question is the first one to knuckle up and get back in the game? Ben.
Ben's accident was life threatening at the moment it happened, but was in no way a long term injury. Ben is the first one to "knuckle up and get back in the game" because he didn't tear any ligaments in his knee, he just messed up his face and slit an artery...things that can be fixed and not limit him physically for very long. I'm not saying his injury wasn't serious, but it wasn't something that requires months of rehab in order to just walk.

Sure Ben's tough, but if you think he could return from tearing 2 ligaments in his knee in the same amount of time it took him to return from his motorcycle wreck, you're crazy.

Maybe Carson is soft, but at least he's smart enough to not rush himself back into action even when the fans, media, and coaches are urging him to do the complete opposite.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 06:58 PM

You reap what you sew.

Exactly...when you talk smack your expected to back it up.For Carson,backing it up meant playing on September 10th...and it's looking more and more like he won't be.

I gaurantee you,if he does play a preseason game,it will be against the other team's backups with his starting o-line in front of him.

Tankus_Maximus
08-17-2006, 01:39 AM
The quote "just slit an artery" is an oxymoron in and of itself. Just when I think you cant post anything more idiotic, you go and prove me wrong. And he did more than mess up his face, he broke his jaw. Your ignorance is only outdone by your arrogance.

CantStop85
08-17-2006, 05:53 PM
The quote "just slit an artery" is an oxymoron in and of itself. Just when I think you cant post anything more idiotic, you go and prove me wrong.
Yes, slitting an atery is life threatening...I know, but once it is treated it doesn't take 10 months to heal.

And he did more than mess up his face, he broke his jaw.
:sofunny:
And Carson did more than mess up his leg, he messed up his knee too.
Where exactly do you consider the jaw to be located?
Ah, you crack me up, tankus...such the joker.

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes, slitting an atery is life threatening...I know, but once it is treated it doesn't take 10 months to heal.

And Carson did more than mess up his leg, he messed up his knee too.
Where exactly do you consider the jaw to be located?
Ah, you crack me up, tankus...such the joker. i think ive already expressed that ben experienced an injury that was a threat to his life and carson experienced an injury that was merely a threat to his career. funny thing is ben is not worried about taking another hit to the head (which will happen), but carson is fearful of taking a hit to the knee (which will also happen)...

you say bens injury doesnt take 10 months to heal. does carsons? i thought he was already healed. some mental injuries can take much longer than that to heal.

floodcitygirl
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
i think ive already expressed that ben experienced an injury that was a threat to his life and carson experienced an injury that was merely a threat to his career. funny thing is ben is not worried about taking another hit to the head (which will happen), but carson is fearful of taking a hit to the knee (which will also happen)...

you say bens injury doesnt take 10 months to heal. does carsons? i thought he was already healed. some mental injuries can take much longer than that to heal.Great points, Tony. Has it already been posted what an average heal time would be for the kind of injury that Carson sustained?

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Great points, Tony. Has it already been posted what an average heal time would be for the kind of injury that Carson sustained?
It would be tough to say what an average time would be since injuries and people are so different. He blew his ACL and MCL right? My guess is that most orthopaedic surgeons would tell the average guy on the street that he might be fully recovered in a year if things went well. But that is for the average guy who doesn't have the resources and time to devote to rehab that an NFL QB does. Nonetheless, connective tissue is connective tissue and it takes its own sweet time to heal.

I considered his predictions to be aggressive at the time. I think he probably thought that if he worked his ass off (like I am sure he has) that he could make it heal faster. That is important for recovering the strength he lost while immobile and for maximizing his muscular systems ability to compensate for decrease joint capsule stability. But hard work unfortunately doesn't account for the whole equasion with an injury like that. Ligaments need plain old time to heal up.

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Great points, Tony. Has it already been posted what an average heal time would be for the kind of injury that Carson sustained? its usually a year. even then weve seen players like jamal anderson or terell davis not be the same yet weve seen players like rod woodson come back in less time and be fine. i think cantstop might have been basing his numbers off of d. culpeppers time to heal since he actually seems ready to go and he is much more of a runner than carson.

it seems really selfish, hopeful, and careless for bengals and their fans to push carson to return earlier than the 6th week of the season.

floodcitygirl
08-17-2006, 07:12 PM
I hope he's smarter than all that and does what he needs to for himself. Like I've said before, how can a couple of games really be worth his entire career and possibly a lifetime of physical difficulties?

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 07:13 PM
its usually a year. even then weve seen players like jamal anderson or terell davis not be the same yet weve seen players like rod woodson come back in less time and be fine. i think cantstop might have been basing his numbers off of d. culpeppers time to heal since he actually seems ready to go and he is much more of a runner than carson.

it seems really selfish, hopeful, and careless for bengals and their fans to push carson to return earlier than the 6th week of the season.
Well Tony and I agree about a 12 month recovery time so we must be right. I think we should start charging for sports medicine consults.*

*(Hawk Believer and Tony Hipchest are not "licensed" "medical" "doctors". Consult your doctor before believing any of their advice. Listening to them may lead to upset stomach, head aches, dry mouth, anal fissures, male breast development, and pink eye.)

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 07:16 PM
When comparing the relative 'softness' of Carson and Ben it seems pretty obvious to me that we are dealing with the mental aspects of the injury as much as the physical.

Now, Carson must be thinking thats its reasonably likely that he could suffer another such injury - he plays football on a regular basis and his injury occured on a football field.

As a professional football player you could say that there is not much he can do to remove himself from the danger of a repeat injury.

Alot of the factors that led to his accident are out of his control.

Ben got his injuries because he rode a high powered motorcycle with no helmet.

Ben is also a football player and not a professional motorcycle rider - therefore it is entirely possible he will never have a similar accident - all he has to do is wear a helmet or better yet dont ride a high powered motorcycle.

Seems to me that the only things these guys have in common is that are both QB's in the AFCN - other than that its apples and oranges.

NM

floodcitygirl
08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Well Tony and I agree about a 12 month recovery time so we must be right. I think we should start charging for sports medicine consults.*

*(Hawk Believer and Tony Hipchest are not licensed medical doctors. Consult your doctor before believing any of their advice)(In disbelief) Not medical doctors!!!! I've heard about guys like you!!!!! :sofunny:

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
When comparing the relative 'softness' of Carson and Ben it seems pretty obvious to me that we are dealing with the mental aspects of the injury as much as the physical.

Now, Carson must be thinking thats its reasonably likely that he could suffer another such injury - he plays football on a regular basis and his injury occured on a football field.

As a professional football player you could say that there is not much he can do to remove himself from the danger of a repeat injury.

Alot of the factors that led to his accident are out of his control.

Ben got his injuries because he rode a high powered motorcycle with no helmet.

Ben is also a football player and not a professional motorcycle rider - therefore it is entirely possible he will never have a similar accident - all he has to do is wear a helmet or better yet dont ride a high powered motorcycle.

Seems to me that the only things these guys have in common is that are both QB's in the AFCN - other than that its apples and oranges.

NMyeah, because qb's always get hit in the knee but never get hit in the head.

just tell that to t. aikman, k. collins, (jaw) s. young, or t. aikman, (concussion) as i toss this argument out the window. and its pretty stupid to assume ben could be in a motorcycle (or car or pedestrian) accident with a helmet and not sustain injuries. (out of his control)

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
What was the final word on what level of brain injury Ben sustained?

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 07:33 PM
What was the final word on what level of brain injury Ben sustained?

Last I heard it was M.I.A.

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 07:34 PM

*(Hawk Believer and Tony Hipchest are not "licensed" "medical" "doctors". Consult your doctor before believing any of their advice. Listening to them may lead to upset stomach, head aches, dry mouth, anal fissures, male breast development, and pink eye.)
:hehe: your take was spot on. and litp can recheck my take in post #25 in regards as "softness" goes and mentally recovering from an accident. an injury is an injury, not apples and oranges.

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Last I heard it was M.I.A.

NMlet me guess... he couldnt spell cat isf you spotted him the A or the T. zzzzzzzzzzzz. how'd that work out for hollywood henderson with the vial of coke in his jersey pants? if ben were smart hed lay off the bikes and seek "work out" tips from bonds trainer huh?

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 07:43 PM
yeah, because qb's always get hit in the knee but never get hit in the head.

just tell that to t. aikman, k. collins, (jaw) s. young, or t. aikman, (concussion) as i toss this argument out the window. and its pretty stupid to assume ben could be in a motorcycle (or car or pedestrian) accident with a helmet and not sustain injuries. (out of his control)

Im pretty sure that Bens injuries were caused by going headfirst into the windscreen of an automobile - unless he is unfortunate to come across any Mascots with road rage I doubt he will 'facing' that situation again.

Entirely preventable you see?

Sure Ben might we get hit in the head area during a football game - thats why they wear helmets - large, fast cars is also the reason they suggest wearing helmets on a 190mph motorcycle.

One has to wonder...if it wasn't 'football law' would Ben wear a helmet in a football game - or would the 'rush' of having a LBer take his head off just prove to much of a draw?

In any case, I suggested that Bens injuries would not have happened had he wore that helmet - I really dont think I suggested anywhere that he would not have sustained any injuries at all.

Hope that helps.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 07:45 PM
let me guess... he couldnt spell cat isf you spotted him the A or the T. zzzzzzzzzzzz. how'd that work out for hollywood henderson with the vial of coke in his jersey pants? if ben were smart hed lay off the bikes and seek "work out" tips from bonds trainer huh?

Ok...I got the 'let me guess' part - the rest is just a mish-mash of unintelligible button pushing.

Did you hit your head off the keyboard again?

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Ok...I got the 'let me guess' part - the rest is just a mish-mash of unintelligible button pushing.

Did you hit your head off the keyboard again?

NM

hardwork????

(i shouldve known better than to use pre 80's football references with you.)

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 07:54 PM
In any case, I suggested that Bens injuries would not have happened had he wore that helmet - I really dont think I suggested anywhere that he would not have sustained any injuries at all.

Hope that helps.

NMhis only injuries were to his head! its not like the rest of his body had a helmet on. you indirectly implied that if he had worn a helmet he would not have sustained any injuries to his head and it is obvious he didnt sustain any injuries to any other part of his body. you will probably not see the logic at work here but carry on.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
his only injuries were to his head! its not like the rest of his body had a helmet on. you indirectly implied that if he had worn a helmet he would not have sustained any injuries to his head and it is obvious he didnt sustain any injuries to any other part of his body. you will probably not see the logic at work here but carry on.

The damage to his head would have , in all probability, been less serious than actually occured without his helmet.

Wear a helmet = less/no head injuries.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 08:06 PM
hardwork????

(i shouldve known better than to use pre 80's football references with you.)

Well, you already confused me with him earlier in that same post.

I have never made reference to being able to spell CAT if you spotted him two of the letters.

You werent riding shotgun with Ben were you?

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Well, you already confused me with him earlier in that same post.

I have never made reference to being able to spell CAT if you spotted him two of the letters.

You werent riding shotgun with Ben were you?

NM you obviously are in the dark and need it spelled out for you (no pun intended)

your post insinuated that ben has no brain (in the past week or so you have insinuated that terry bradshaws job duties didnt require much thought)

hollywood henderson insinuated the same thing before the 2nd sb matchup between the steelers and cowboys when he profoundly decalared that bradshaw was so stupid he couldnt spell cat if you spotted him the "A or the C".

we all know how that sb turned out. (well, maybe you dont) the steelers won. hollywood henderson came out looking the fool as he battled with his cocaine addiction. NFL films has even shown the vial of coke he had stashed in his jersey in said superbowl.

the point is, is that the one accusing someone else of being stupid was really the fool.

good luck to you! theres hope considering henderson has turned his life around and actually won 2 texas lotteries worth millions. (seems he never kicked his gambling habit) luck helps.

dont worry about the bill....this ones on me.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 08:37 PM
you obviously are in the dark and need it spelled out for you (no pun intended)

your post insinuated that ben has no brain (in the past week or so you have insinuated that terry bradshaws job duties didnt require much thought)

hollywood henderson insinuated the same thing before the 2nd sb matchup between the steelers and cowboys when he profoundly decalared that bradshaw was so stupid he couldnt spell cat if you spotted him the "A or the C".

we all know how that sb turned out. (well, maybe you dont) the steelers won. hollywood henderson came out looking the fool as he battled with his cocaine addiction. NFL films has even shown the vial of coke he had stashed in his jersey in said superbowl.

the point is, is that the one accusing someone else of being stupid was really the fool.

good luck to you! theres hope considering henderson has turned his life around and actually won 2 texas lotteries worth millions. (seems he never kicked his gambling habit) luck helps.

dont worry about the bill....this ones on me.

Well thats a great piece of NFL history Tony.

You have time share accomodation there?

I dont know if Bradshaw is intelligent or not, but I creditted him with the sense of knowing that you should wear a helmet on a motorbike - which puts him one-up on the mensa candidate currently starting at QB for the Steelers.

NM

ps The facts remains it was hardwork that quoted 'Hollywood' not me - hence your apparent confusion.

A bump on the head can cause that.

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
You have time share accomodation there? huh? :confused:

creditted
what? :confused:

NM

ps The facts remains it was hardwork that quoted 'Hollywood' not me - hence your apparent confusion.

i cant recall hw posting in this thread but it is possible. either way that is irrelevant to what i posted. you are now posting simple one liners about ones intelligence or bumping ones head that reek of hardworks simplistic style. consider it a compliment.

it is much more becoming of you.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
huh? :confused:

what? :confused:

i cant recall hw posting in this thread but it is possible. either way that is irrelevant to what i posted. you are now posting simple one liners about ones intelligence or bumping ones head that reek of hardworks simplistic style. consider it a compliment.

it is much more becoming of you.

Compared to your vastly more complicated style Tony?

BB farts on his kickers foot tee hee! :sofunny:

Sometimes I have to wonder " Is Tony for real, or is he just playing a roll?'

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Compared to your vastly more complicated style Tony?

BB farts on his kickers foot tee hee! :sofunny:

Sometimes I have to wonder " Is Tony for real, or is he just playing a roll?'

NM
playing a roll cannot possibly be creditted to me!

youre reaching. and still deflecting. but then again that is youre "style" huh? since when did my style become an issue? ive never denied my style. i bet you wish you could say the same.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 09:11 PM
playing a roll cannot possibly be creditted to me!

youre reaching. and still deflecting. but then again that is youre "style" huh? since when did my style become an issue? ive never denied my style. i bet you wish you could say the same.

You know - you remind me more and more every day of another poster we used to have round these parts....

He was obsessed with my predilection for endless deflection - in the end it all became too much for him - had something of a nervous meltdown im afraid.

I'd hate to see someone else go the same way.......

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
more deflection:You know - you remind me more and more every day of another poster we used to have round these parts....

He was obsessed with my predilection for endless deflection - in the end it all became too much for him - had something of a nervous meltdown im afraid.

NM
i think youre ok. youre skin seems much thicker than recent bungle fans weve seen come and go. after all you held out for almost a whole year before you broke out with the spelling police card (ironic that you made spelling mistakes yourself within minutes) whereas the easilly defeated bunglefans gave in within days.

kudos to you :cheers: (that still doesnt help your spiraling team tho)

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
more deflection:
i think youre ok. youre skin seems much thicker than recent bungle fans weve seen come and go. after all you held out for almost a whole year before you broke out with the spelling police card (ironic that you made spelling mistakes yourself within minutes) whereas the easilly defeated bunglefans gave in within days.

If I am indeed an officer of the spelling police - then im afraid im going to have to help you draw a distinction between a 'spelling mistake' and a 'typing error'.

I know how to spell 'creditted' but for some unknown reason my keyboard is sticky....

Just like how I knew you knew how to spell Parcells......

While we are at it I should point out that 'spiral' doesnt necessarily mean a downward movement :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I know how to spell 'creditted' but for some unknown reason my keyboard is sticky....

NM

:jerkit: ???

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
:jerkit: ???

A nice friendly pitch and you connected...well done Tony.

NM

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
A nice friendly pitch and you connected...well done Tony.

NMwhat? no accusation of being immature by knowing what the jerkit smiley is? youre not losing your "touch" are you? perhaps i sholdve thrown in the german phrase "one der vand" for good "measure".

tony hipchest
08-17-2006, 10:29 PM
so anyways...

carson is having much more trepidation getting hit in the knee than ben is getting hit in the head.

my point stands, and it stands as undisputed fact.

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 11:30 PM
more deflection:

You better watch out. When Tony Hipchest sees this post in the blast furnace, he is gonna go off on you. Hey, wait a minute....:sofunny:

tony hipchest
08-18-2006, 08:28 AM
You better watch out. When Tony Hipchest sees this post in the blast furnace, he is gonna go off on you. Hey, wait a minute....:sofunny:oh man, i should edit that. when litp posted had something of a nervous meltdown im afraid.

it sounded like he was on the verge of a breakdown and threatenning to go the same way. i was just letting him know he would be ok. apologies to all who mistook that for a budding smoochfest. my bad! :sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
08-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Good point Tony, Carson is having more trepidation...so much in fact that he should change his name to Caution Palmer!

And I had to illustrate the differences between Ben's life threatening injury, compared to Caution's twisted knee. Ah, youngsters...they have so much to learn. And it's my civic duty to educate them.

tony hipchest
08-18-2006, 05:00 PM
"Caution Palmer" - :sofunny:

"dont get hit in the knee?..... brilliant!"

CantStop85
08-18-2006, 05:46 PM
carson is having much more trepidation getting hit in the knee than ben is getting hit in the head.
The real question is:

Does this make Ben
A) Brave
B) Stupid
C) All of the above

You be the judge.

tony hipchest
08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
The real question is:

Does this make Ben
A) Brave
B) Stupid
C) All of the above

You be the judge.

D) a superbowl champion.

(choise A wouldve been an acceptable answer too)

SteelCzar76
08-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Ben's not "stupid",....he was just a young man "stuntin",... (so to speak). Carson isn't vagina either (LOL),....he's just practical. He also has a hard on for us,...(but he,.. as well as the rest of his brothers will find out this season),....there's NONE of the aforementioned p$ssy that takes the field against them wearing Black and Gold.

Oh yeah,...Shout out to my Brother,... Big Tone " The Bungal Killer" keep doin what'cha Do ! By the way,....Tom Brady is still a F#g. LMAO

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Tankus_Maximus
08-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I love how when faced with a situation he can't answer, Cantmakeapoint loves to change the ENTIRE conversation.

The real question is:

Does this injury make Caution a...

A) Washed up QB (see Gannon, Rich)
B) Washed up Heisman (see Dayne, Ron)
C) A vagina
D) All of the above.

meanjoecoop
08-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I love how when faced with a situation he can't answer, Cantmakeapoint loves to change the ENTIRE conversation.

:sofunny: so true...

CantStop85
08-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Exactly which question that was posed to me did I fail to answer?

Livinginthe past
08-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Exactly which question that was posed to me did I fail to answer?

Im afraid its a behavioural clause in the SF manual that they give to Steelers fans - when in doubt always resort to accusing your opponent of 'avoiding' or 'deflecting'.

You get used to it after a while.

NM

Tankus_Maximus
08-20-2006, 01:22 AM
There was no QUESTION posed to you, the SITUATION was the lack of juevos on Caution's part, and YOU decided change directions with your ingenius "The real question is" retort. Your infamous for that. Matter of fact, you're worse than a politician with your weak argument. You're all over the road with your posts. Stick to the topic, if you wanna play multiple choice on what was going through Ben's head on the day of the accident, sack up and start a new thread. Your smack is tired and weak. Much like the Bengals. Somehow, we're not impressed.

CantStop85
08-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Somehow, we're not impressed.
Who's we? You and your imaginary friend? Or were you appointed the voice of Steelers Fever and I just missed it?

Tankus_Maximus
08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
No...We...as in ....

WE DAY!!!!!!

or

Who run??

WE RUN!!!!

HometownGal
08-20-2006, 05:00 PM

The real question is:

Does this injury make Caution a...

A) Washed up QB (see Gannon, Rich)
B) Washed up Heisman (see Dayne, Ron)
C) A vagina
D) All of the above.

Bounce D) down to E) and insert:

D) A scardy CAT. :blurp:

The only way to get over a mental block after an injury is to get your ass back out there and face the fear head on. Ben did it!

CantStop85
08-20-2006, 06:37 PM
The only way to get over a mental block after an injury is to get your ass back out there and face the fear head on. Ben did it!
And Carson will be doing it this weekend at Green Bay. After that we can stop all this hogwash. :blurp:

CantStop85
08-20-2006, 07:26 PM
And anyone who says Ben's soft is crazy.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/30ff09a2-8464-4ed4-b81a-f7f740094aaf.jpg

BBC
08-20-2006, 07:59 PM

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/30ff09a2-8464-4ed4-b81a-f7f740094aaf.jpg

:rofl:

I don't care who you cheer for, that is funny.

BlackNGold203
08-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah..ive seen that pic.....

:dang: :dang: :dang:

meanjoecoop
08-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey look! Carson must have "a little Captain Morgan in him".....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/meanjoecoop/waterboy3.jpg

CantStop85
08-20-2006, 09:10 PM
:rofl:

I don't care who you cheer for, that is funny.
It's hilarious seeing the looks they are giving each other.

And where exactly is Ben's other hand? :blurp:

floodcitygirl
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Hey look! Carson must have "a little Captain Morgan in him".....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/meanjoecoop/waterboy3.jpgGood one Meanie!!!! :sofunny:

meanjoecoop
08-21-2006, 08:21 AM

Straight out of the "How to be a Bengal?s Fan for Dummies" playbook:

Chapter 1, Section 2: "When faced with overwhelming facts that make your point moot, accuse the opponent teams QB of being gay."

Smooth move, at least you are consistant...

CantStop85
08-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Straight out of the "How to be a Bengal?s Fan for Dummies" playbook:

Chapter 1, Section 2: "When faced with overwhelming facts that make your point moot, accuse the opponent teams QB of being gay."

Smooth move, at least you are consistant...
At least my posts are amusing. :blurp: And I didn't ever accuse Ben of being gay, you're the one making that insinuation from the picture I posted.

I just found the picture and didn't want to make a whole new thread for it, so I just decided to throw it in here.

Tankus_Maximus
08-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Ben & Kurt are obviously discussing the worth of their Super Bowl rings. While Caution is looking up to them thinking..."gawsh...I sure do wish I had one of them thar rings".

You're making this all too easy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.